English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Forum support (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum-support/)
-   -   Thank goodness for Adblock (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum-support/195448-thank-goodness-adblock.html)

Sean Connery 11.12.2013 19:16

Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Seriously, do we really have to block ads for jobs at the top of threads. Even if they are in the Employment forum....

Adblock just got a workout ;) I'd recommend others to consider doing the same ;)

mirfield 11.12.2013 19:36

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Eh? I can't see anything.

Though if you want a really painful experience, try reading as a guest. It's the main reason I reregistered.

SOBEIT 11.12.2013 19:39

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Me either.

Chuff 11.12.2013 19:43

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
The month's most pointless thread, amongst a forum full of pointless threads. Sean, you win the internets.

TiMow 11.12.2013 20:09

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
The majority of ads. can only be seen for non-members and members who haven't logged on ......... thank goodness for saved passwords and auto-fill.

Sean Connery 11.12.2013 20:40

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
visit here.

http://www.englishforum.ch/employment/

Threads too.

Logged in too.

Seeing anything yet?

TiMow 11.12.2013 20:44

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Connery (Post 2041584)
visit here.

http://www.englishforum.ch/employment/

Threads too.

Logged in too.

Seeing anything yet?

One tiny ad above the search box ..... using iPad with no adblockers.

....... but if I log out then there are several ad boxes near the top- like I say ....... Log in.

Mud 11.12.2013 20:45

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Nothing.

porsch1909 11.12.2013 21:13

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Nothing here

mirfield 12.12.2013 02:02

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Connery (Post 2041584)
visit here.

http://www.englishforum.ch/employment/

Threads too.

Logged in too.

Seeing anything yet?

Nothing unusual

Attachment 73427

Sean Connery 12.12.2013 08:17

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
I believe I might have been somehow logged out.... :eek:

But bloody hell, when you're logged out, EF looks like a 93-year-old pensioner's front room - where she's used the same material for her clothes and her curtains :eek: :D

You know what I mean.....:

http://henrytapper.files.wordpress.c.../pensioner.jpg

omtatsat 25.09.2018 19:40

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
What is the best ad blocker for Apple Safari (iMac )?

Guest 25.09.2018 21:00

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 2995586)
What is the best ad blocker for Apple Safari (iMac )?

Addblock, Admuncher & Adguard.

Just see for yourself which one you like most, they all do the job.

omtatsat 27.09.2018 08:53

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Quote:

Addblock, Admuncher & Adguard.

Just see for yourself which one you like most, they all do the job.
adblock plus comes always with errors in Mac ( too many rules error ).
but adblock works well.

omtatsat 11.11.2018 08:04

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
1 Attachment(s)
bluewin.ch is unbearable without ad blocker and ghostery. Ads everywhere. See how many elemets are blocked!!

Attachment 134936

omtatsat 11.11.2018 08:08

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
1 Attachment(s)
and Ghostery on bluewin homepage!

Attachment 134937

slammer 11.11.2018 08:43

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Adblock Plus works pretty well on my ancient mac mini. However I canīt find anything to block these wretched "Congratulations you have won a i-phone" Or a Samsung or whatever on my phone. Thing is you canīt click them away and you canīt use the site you want because they simply come back within seconds if you close and reenter.
I wonder what will happen when they realize that adverts donīt work.

omtatsat 11.11.2018 08:51

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slammer (Post 3012174)
Adblock Plus works pretty well on my ancient mac mini. However I canīt find anything to block these wretched "Congratulations you have won a i-phone" Or a Samsung or whatever on my phone. Thing is you canīt click them away and you canīt use the site you want because they simply come back within seconds if you close and reenter.
I wonder what will happen when they realize that adverts donīt work.

Ad block plus had some issues with Safari so I use Ghostery. Works well

https://www.ghostery.com/blog/ghoste...-safari-users/

omtatsat 11.11.2018 08:54

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
https://help.getadblock.com/support/...nsion-adblock-

slammer 11.11.2018 09:28

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 3012175)
Ad block plus had some issues with Safari so I use Ghostery. Works well

https://www.ghostery.com/blog/ghoste...-safari-users/

I use Chrome, Safari only on occasion. I recently installed High Sierra and a SSD, now the thing is like new.

omtatsat 11.11.2018 10:08

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slammer (Post 3012181)
I use Chrome, Safari only on occasion. I recently installed High Sierra and a SSD, now the thing is like new.

Well I updated the RAM in my Mac Mini 2009. But not sure of putting in an SSD. Big job?

slammer 11.11.2018 14:33

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 3012198)
Well I updated the RAM in my Mac Mini 2009. But not sure of putting in an SSD. Big job?

Fiddly, but very much worth it, getting high sierra to run was a bugger and it took five attempts before it was able to deploy.

omtatsat 04.03.2020 20:48

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
I have found that AdBlock ( add on ) interferes with the playing of some youtube films-one first gets an error message for a few seconds and then the video starts. This seems to happen only on Chrome browser. Also noticed that with my online banking that it interfered with the log out.

I now use AdBlock Plus ( add on ) and the problems are no more.( 99.9% ) :) Using a PC

italo 05.03.2020 11:27

Re: Thank goodness for Adblock
 
Protip: use Firefox with uBlock Origin. User-Agent Switcher for those few bastard scum websites that don't work properly with a sane browser which respects web standards. Thank me later.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0