Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 10.01.2011, 19:00
Sky's Avatar
Sky Sky is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere special far away
Posts: 4,322
Groaned at 69 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 7,190 Times in 2,662 Posts
Sky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

High heels are a must, regardless of shape and size. They make a woman feel feminine. There are a lot of slim women too, who absolutely look ridiculous in heels because they have not learned to walk elegantly (heel wobbles, or goes off to one side, or they walk like elephants).

It's not a question of weight but of grace

....and the type of heel that suits the leg. A woman with thick ankles should never wear a chunky heel unless she finds tree trunks are appealing. One with thick calves shouldn't wear a boot that cuts across the leg or she'll look like a sumo wrestler. It's all optics..

Music wear did you find the red lace boots ? those would look fabulous in black lace.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10.01.2011, 20:01
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
High heels are a must, regardless of shape and size. They make a woman feel feminine. There are a lot of slim women too, who absolutely look ridiculous in heels because they have not learned to walk elegantly (heel wobbles, or goes off to one side, or they walk like elephants).

It's not a question of weight but of grace

....and the type of heel that suits the leg. A woman with thick ankles should never wear a chunky heel unless she finds tree trunks are appealing. One with thick calves shouldn't wear a boot that cuts across the leg or she'll look like a sumo wrestler. It's all optics..

Music wear did you find the red lace boots ? those would look fabulous in black lace.
Sorry but that woman with thick calves shouldn't wear thin fine stylettos either, it makes her look like an elephant on toothpick!
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10.01.2011, 20:12
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 4,518
Groaned at 491 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
My work colleague just strolled by and she weighs in at about the equivalent of a light-weight truck. Nevertheless, she was wearing heels and her head moved horizontally with every step she took (picture a pidgeon). Now, I could see that she was struggling...as a matter of fact, not only she..but the heels and the anklette were hanging on for dear life while she floated by oh so gracefully towards the cafeteria. Why would she do this to herself....?
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against heavy set people...nor do I ridicule someones sense for fashion, but I believe that one must know his/her limitations with what he/she can get away with. End of Monday Morning observation.
I have a cow as a neighboor: She must be like 100kgs , 1m80, and yet wears those heels with like wood or square "stick" at the end. We do have the stairways floor covered with tiles: every time she walks we can hear her loud heavy cow steps.
What for??? she is like a cow standing vertically, why even bothering with those shoes?

Maybe no one ever told her how noisy she is... well it's not that annoying anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10.01.2011, 20:46
ximix's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK (formerly Zurich)
Posts: 2,098
Groaned at 22 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,179 Posts
ximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Atta girl and good on her!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10.01.2011, 20:55
MathNut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kt. Glarus
Posts: 4,415
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 10,952 Times in 3,253 Posts
MathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
Sorry but that woman with thick calves shouldn't wear thin fine stylettos either, it makes her look like an elephant on toothpick!
OK I'm intrigued now. So what should she wear? Surely not ballet flats!
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10.01.2011, 21:32
Peg A's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 4,422
Groaned at 158 Times in 125 Posts
Thanked 5,428 Times in 2,510 Posts
Peg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
I have a cow as a neighboor: She must be like 100kgs , 1m80, and yet wears those heels with like wood or square "stick" at the end. We do have the stairways floor covered with tiles: every time she walks we can hear her loud heavy cow steps.
What for??? she is like a cow standing vertically, why even bothering with those shoes?

Maybe no one ever told her how noisy she is... well it's not that annoying anyway.

/le sigh

What in hell is wrong with people that they feel the need to compare others to animals based on appearances?

I've known plenty of stick-thin people who walk like they need each step to audibly announce their existence to the entire world, this phenomenon is not limited to heavy women!

It's been a while since I've felt the need to jump on people for making such judgmental statements but I guess the timing (with Auntie Flo visitin n all) is just "perfect"...

I am SURE my neighbors can hear the steps creak a bit from being stepped on when I am coming up the stairs, however I am equally sure that they don't hear my FEET clomping up the steps... but my next-door neighbor, I can hear her FEET 2 floors below. I know exactly when she leaves and exactly when she comes home and it ain't because I'm actively listening for her either. Oh, and she's a "normal" and "healthy" size btw.
__________________
The Joys of Opticianry

Last edited by Peg A; 10.01.2011 at 21:35. Reason: comma adjustment :p
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10.01.2011, 21:39
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
I have a cow as a neighboor
I'd rather live next door to a cow than a frog.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10.01.2011, 21:49
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
OK I'm intrigued now. So what should she wear? Surely not ballet flats!
I don't have an answer for you, but here is a picture of a woman who I think looks great on her heals.

Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10.01.2011, 21:49
Sky's Avatar
Sky Sky is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere special far away
Posts: 4,322
Groaned at 69 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 7,190 Times in 2,662 Posts
Sky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
I have a cow as a neighboor: She must be like 100kgs , 1m80, and yet wears those heels with like wood or square "stick" at the end. We do have the stairways floor covered with tiles: every time she walks we can hear her loud heavy cow steps.
What for??? she is like a cow standing vertically, why even bothering with those shoes?

Maybe no one ever told her how noisy she is... well it's not that annoying anyway.
What utter nonsense.... a woman can be light on her feet and daintly elegant at 100kg, while another can walk with the demeanor of a total oaf and only weigh 50kg.

Nil.. not true, a fine heeled shoe on a larger woman can look quite good. It's all about shape of the shoe, the coloring too and personal elegance.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10.01.2011, 21:53
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Here is a very skinny girl that I think doesn't look great on those stilettos. It is like the shoes are way to big for her....

Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 10.01.2011, 22:00
Sky's Avatar
Sky Sky is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere special far away
Posts: 4,322
Groaned at 69 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 7,190 Times in 2,662 Posts
Sky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

This woman does not have slim calves, but she looks great because she's got the right shoes. They make her leg and ankle look slimmer and they attract the attention away from the ankle.
Optics..

Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10.01.2011, 22:00
Meisie's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Amriswil - Thurgau
Posts: 1,691
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,262 Times in 584 Posts
Meisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

I think the problem here is that regardless of weight, some women follow fashion trends and wear what they think looks good. Not all the latest fashions cuts and colours look good on all of us and just because we see a picture of something that looks good does not mean it will look good on us.

However, there are some of us who do not care what others think and do what we want to anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10.01.2011, 22:01
Sky's Avatar
Sky Sky is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere special far away
Posts: 4,322
Groaned at 69 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 7,190 Times in 2,662 Posts
Sky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
Here is a very skinny girl that I think doesn't look great on those stilettos. It is like the shoes are way to big for her....
Yup.. the shoe completely overwhelms her delicate ankle and fine legs. Pity.. not pretty
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10.01.2011, 22:01
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
Nil.. not true, a fine heeled shoe on a larger woman can look quite good. It's all about shape of the shoe, the coloring too and personal elegance.
That is a matter of taste.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10.01.2011, 22:03
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,491
Groaned at 655 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,379 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
This woman does not have slim calves, but she looks great because she's got the right shoes. They make her leg and ankle look slimmer and they attract the attention away from the ankle.
Optics..

Those are grandma shoes....the legs and feet are too nice to be those of a grandma. This lady must have poor taste IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10.01.2011, 22:05
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
I think the problem here is that regardless of weight, some women follow fashion trends and wear what they think looks good. Not all the latest fashions cuts and colours look good on all of us and just because we see a picture of something that looks good does not mean it will look good on us.

However, there are some of us who do not care what others think and do what we want to anyway.
That is why I am fighting against the concept of leggings as a pair of pants! Too many camel toe we saw for the last 2 years...
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10.01.2011, 22:08
Sky's Avatar
Sky Sky is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere special far away
Posts: 4,322
Groaned at 69 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 7,190 Times in 2,662 Posts
Sky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
Those are grandma shoes....the legs and feet are too nice to be those of a grandma. This lady must have poor taste IMO.
Well precisely.. you said the lady in question was close to retirement didn't you ?
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 10.01.2011, 22:09
Meisie's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Amriswil - Thurgau
Posts: 1,691
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,262 Times in 584 Posts
Meisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
That is why I am fighting against the concept of leggings as a pair of pants! Too many camel toe we saw for the last 2 years...
Oh you have me laughing hysterically

I couldn't agree more!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10.01.2011, 22:12
Meisie's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Amriswil - Thurgau
Posts: 1,691
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 1,262 Times in 584 Posts
Meisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond reputeMeisie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Brilliant tags Mr. LiB
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 10.01.2011, 22:12
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,491
Groaned at 655 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,379 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do heavy set women choose to wear heels?

Quote:
View Post
Well precisely.. you said the lady in question was close to retirement didn't you ?
Yes she is.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
float like a butterfly, sting like a bee




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reasons to be glad you chose to live in Switzerland & not, say.. Australia Rangatiranui International affairs/politics 45 31.10.2009 12:54
public schools in Basel: can you chose where to go? justsally Family matters/health 2 03.07.2009 17:28
Fractured heel grantley Family matters/health 10 06.08.2008 17:55


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0