Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 17.01.2011, 22:37
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Incredible, sick even. But the reality in some parts of modern Britain. So sad too.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 17.01.2011, 22:44
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 32,218
Groaned at 2,454 Times in 1,776 Posts
Thanked 39,303 Times in 18,525 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Great, so they get MORE money if there is no man in the home (they just said, I'm watching as well)

Maybe if they offered better benefits to those with working partners, the situation would change?

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17.01.2011, 23:08
Upthehatters2008's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the kitchen at parties.
Posts: 4,540
Groaned at 204 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,378 Posts
Upthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

The whole system is against Fathers...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17.01.2011, 23:16
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Even those with 8 kids, from 8 different mothers, and who don't even know their names - is on benefit and thinks condoms are for sissies?

Although yes, I know some fathers are having a hard time. But this program was not about them. Sorry if you hurt.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17.01.2011, 23:23
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Compulsory sterilisation of everyone who earns less than 30 000 pa is the only solution.

One never sees such fecklessness and lack of responsibility amongst IT consultants, bankers and media types, does one? The upper middle classes know how to behave.

Sorry... what channel was this on, again?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17.01.2011, 23:25
Upthehatters2008's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the kitchen at parties.
Posts: 4,540
Groaned at 204 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,378 Posts
Upthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Quote:
Compulsory sterilisation of everyone who earns less than 30 000 pa is the only solution.
...male or female ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17.01.2011, 23:28
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Quote:
View Post
...male or female ?
Both.

They're rutting like dogs, don't you know? The BBC said so.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17.01.2011, 23:31
Upthehatters2008's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the kitchen at parties.
Posts: 4,540
Groaned at 204 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,378 Posts
Upthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Quote:
Both.

They're rutting like dogs, don't you know? The BBC said so.
Of course, you know this would only up the minimum wage...that would lead to inflation. We need to think this through.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17.01.2011, 23:39
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Quote:
View Post
Of course, you know this would only up the minimum wage...that would lead to inflation. We need to think this through.
We could re-open the workhouses. Then we wouldn't have to provide them and their feral offspring with all those plasma screen televisions and refrigerators.

They could work for gruel and sleep in segregated dormitories.

It's only right that people must be punished for being poor, malodorous and thick.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 17.01.2011, 23:56
DilysDidoreth's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Zdnssdok
Posts: 157
Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 138 Times in 60 Posts
DilysDidoreth has an excellent reputationDilysDidoreth has an excellent reputationDilysDidoreth has an excellent reputationDilysDidoreth has an excellent reputation
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

I try not to think about the underclass. They make me feel faint.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 18.01.2011, 00:03
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Quote:
View Post
I try not to think about the underclass. They make me feel faint.
You can go on tours of underclass reservations, you know. I heard all about them on Radio 4 the other day, in between the Archers and an interesting article about the Tea Party. They carry you in a bullet-proof bus, with armed guards and air conditioning (so you don't have to smell that awful smell of poverty - it's impossible to wash off, you know, even with Lush products, and it's rumoured to be infectious). You learn so much about them, seeing them in their natural habitat with their pushchairs and their cigarettes and their stolen goods.

It inspired me to start a Twitter campaign to fight for the rights of the underclass to have everything for nothing, at the expense of nobody - the government would pay, of course. I don't see why I should give up my holiday house in Tuscany to support them, and they wouldn't enjoy holidays there themselves because we don't have room for a deep fat fryer in between our tagine and our Le Creuset cooking pots.

Anyway. I'm off to read a really interesting article in the Economist about a band of gypsy - sorry, Romany musicians who are playing at the South Bank next month. I do love world music - don't you? These people are so talented, despite all their terrible handicaps...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 18.01.2011, 00:11
DilysDidoreth's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Zdnssdok
Posts: 157
Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 138 Times in 60 Posts
DilysDidoreth has an excellent reputationDilysDidoreth has an excellent reputationDilysDidoreth has an excellent reputationDilysDidoreth has an excellent reputation
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Quote:
You can go on tours of underclass reservations, you know. I heard all about them on Radio 4 the other day, in between the Archers and an interesting article about the Tea Party. They carry you in a bullet-proof bus, with armed guards and air conditioning (so you don't have to smell that awful smell of poverty - it's impossible to wash off, you know, even with Lush products, and it's rumoured to be infectious). You learn so much about them, seeing them in their natural habitat with their pushchairs and their cigarettes and their stolen goods.

It inspired me to start a Twitter campaign to fight for the rights of the underclass to have everything for nothing, at the expense of nobody - the government would pay, of course. I don't see why I should give up my holiday house in Tuscany to support them, and they wouldn't enjoy holidays there themselves because we don't have room for a deep fat fryer in between our tagine and our Le Creuset cooking pots.

Anyway. I'm off to read a really interesting article in the Economist about a band of gypsy - sorry, Romany musicians who are playing at the South Bank next month. I do love world music - don't you? These people are so talented, despite all their terrible handicaps...
You are very brave DB. I'd be too frightened to go near them. It is said that common people are very restful to be around as their minds are so primitive. Perhaps they have something to teach us?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 18.01.2011, 00:17
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Quote:
View Post
You are very brave DB. I'd be too frightened to go near them. It is said that common people are very restful to be around as their minds are so primitive. Perhaps they have something to teach us?
I think we can learn a lot from them, certainly, as they are closer to the Earth than we are, and have access to ancient wisdom, of the secrets of which we can only dream.

It must be so peaceful to be poor, to not have to worry about Magda mixing the coloureds with whites again, to not have to choose between Thailand and Bali, to not have to worry about the possibility that Quentin might not be gay despite all our efforts to encourage him to be sensitive and creative.

They truly do have so much to teach us. One day I'll go and live amongst them and write a book about my experiences. I'll call it shag, swig, steal or something equally esoterically suggestive.

Of course, I shall keep all the profits. It would corrupt their innocent minds to infect them with the evils of civilisation as we know it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 18.01.2011, 00:21
NSchulzi's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Zug
Posts: 2,422
Groaned at 52 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 2,523 Times in 1,215 Posts
NSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond reputeNSchulzi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Dear DB, have you been partaking of something illegal??!!
Quote:
I think we can learn a lot from them, certainly, as they are closer to the Earth than we are, and have access to ancient wisdom, of the secrets of which we can only dream.

It must be so peaceful to be poor, to not have to worry about Magda mixing the coloureds with whites again, to not have to choose between Thailand and Bali, to not have to worry about the possibility that Quentin might not be gay despite all our efforts to encourage him to be sensitive and creative.

They truly do have so much to teach us. One day I'll go and live amongst them and write a book about my experiences. I'll call it shag, swig, steal or something equally esoterically suggestive.

Of course, I shall keep all the profits. It would corrupt their innocent minds to infect them with the evils of civilisation as we know it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 18.01.2011, 00:27
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Or a bottle of Montepulciano!

You ARE very funny though. I have indeed got TWO tagines btw (given to me by Morroccan French assistantes).
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 18.01.2011, 01:12
Upthehatters2008's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the kitchen at parties.
Posts: 4,540
Groaned at 204 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,378 Posts
Upthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

But if we stop the poor breeding, who will we have left to make fun of ?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 18.01.2011, 01:51
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Quote:
View Post
But if we stop the poor breeding, who will we have left to make fun of ?
The usual fallbacks, of course - estate agents and the Welsh...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 18.01.2011, 09:02
PaddyG's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pensier, Fribourg
Posts: 9,243
Groaned at 118 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 16,857 Times in 5,912 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Quote:
You can go on tours of underclass reservations, you know. I heard all about them on Radio 4 the other day, in between the Archers and an interesting article about the Tea Party. They carry you in a bullet-proof bus, with armed guards and air conditioning (so you don't have to smell that awful smell of poverty - it's impossible to wash off, you know, even with Lush products, and it's rumoured to be infectious). You learn so much about them, seeing them in their natural habitat with their pushchairs and their cigarettes and their stolen goods.
Why not just move to Wolverhampton?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 18.01.2011, 09:43
cricketer's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: near zurich
Posts: 1,196
Groaned at 29 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 1,051 Times in 427 Posts
cricketer has a reputation beyond reputecricketer has a reputation beyond reputecricketer has a reputation beyond reputecricketer has a reputation beyond reputecricketer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Im going there on Thursday. Ill report back. What should I pack for protection against these people? Should I leave my Rolex behind in case Im accosted?

Quote:
View Post
Why not just move to Wolverhampton?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 18.01.2011, 11:39
Hedgehog of death's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brighton
Posts: 790
Groaned at 43 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 543 Times in 249 Posts
Hedgehog of death has a reputation beyond reputeHedgehog of death has a reputation beyond reputeHedgehog of death has a reputation beyond reputeHedgehog of death has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Panorama BBC1 now - on UK absentee fathers.

Quote:
View Post
But if we stop the poor breeding, who will we have left to make fun of ?
The Belgians ....
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting a panorama printed onto canvas porsch1909 Daily life 1 20.10.2010 12:44
Apprentice 2010 on BBC1 on Wednesdays sita_ts General off-topic 0 07.10.2010 10:33
BBC1 via SwissCom on Sundays am? walterguariento TV/internet/telephone 2 10.05.2010 17:27
Zattoo now has BBC1 AbFab TV/internet/telephone 33 28.04.2008 23:01


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0