Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06.02.2011, 19:41
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,578 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

Oh cmon, secede, it's kinda jovial parental poke.... Most of these things here aren't meant personally. I don't know how to difuse this, since I poked too, but don't take it to heart.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06.02.2011, 19:43
schweizerblut's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 134
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
schweizerblut has annoyed a few people around hereschweizerblut has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

Quote:
And so you should be. Those songs are dreadful.
You should mind your own business.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06.02.2011, 19:47
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

Quote:
View Post
You should mind your own business.
Why? You chose to plaster your personal preferences all over the internet, without regard for who might be looking. I mean, who, in 2011, still uses the same username everywhere he goes?

I could be working for the CIA, for all you know, looking for pan-Germanistic 2nd-Amendment-obsessive shite-music-enjoying Texan separatists...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06.02.2011, 19:47
schweizerblut's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 134
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
schweizerblut has annoyed a few people around hereschweizerblut has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

Quote:
View Post
Oh cmon, secede, it's kinda jovial parental poke.... Most of these things here aren't meant personally. I don't know how to difuse this, since I poked too, but don't take it to heart.
I'm gonna take it personal if all BigBrother's Breakfast can do with his time if attempt to trace my every move.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06.02.2011, 19:53
schweizerblut's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 134
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
schweizerblut has annoyed a few people around hereschweizerblut has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

Quote:
Why? You chose to plaster your personal preferences all over the internet, without regard for who might be looking. I mean, who, in 2011, still uses the same username everywhere he goes?

I could be working for the CIA, for all you know, looking for pan-Germanistic 2nd-Amendment-obsessive shite-music-enjoying Texan separatists...
What do you gain from all this? I've tried to more than sensible with all your hateful comments.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06.02.2011, 20:03
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

Quote:
View Post
What do you gain from all this?
Light entertainment, mainly.

But also, picture this: you're a member of a forum of people who live in Switzerland. It's a mutually supportive community, in which people look out for each other, meet each other socially, help each other when they're having problems, and generally provide a kind of cushion against the (sometimes) harsh realities of being a foreigner in Switzerland.

One day, some random "American" with a slightly neo-Nazi username pops up, starts provocative threads about political issues, makes ridiculous presumptions about the membership of the board, claims he wants to make an impact on Swiss politics and generally causes quite a stir with his arrival.

Wouldn't you be a little curious about this strange newcomer? Wouldn't you want to look him up to see what else he'd been up to on the internets?

We don't know you, we don't trust you, and you come across as a bit peculiar. Of course we have done a bit of research into the "Schweizerblut" username. We'd have been idiots not to (and don't think I'm the only person to have been looking you up, either ).


Quote:
I've tried to more than sensible with all your hateful comments.
If you think I'm hateful, you won't last five minutes amongst the Swiss...
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06.02.2011, 20:15
schweizerblut's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 134
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
schweizerblut has annoyed a few people around hereschweizerblut has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

Quote:
Light entertainment, mainly.

But also, picture this: you're a member of a forum of people who live in Switzerland. It's a mutually supportive community, in which people look out for each other, meet each other socially, help each other when they're having problems, and generally provide a kind of cushion against the (sometimes) harsh realities of being a foreigner in Switzerland.

One day, some random "American" with a slightly neo-Nazi username pops up, starts provocative threads about political issues, makes ridiculous presumptions about the membership of the board, claims he wants to make an impact on Swiss politics and generally causes quite a stir with his arrival.

Wouldn't you be a little curious about this strange newcomer? Wouldn't you want to look him up to see what else he'd been up to on the internets?

We don't know you, we don't trust you, and you come across as a bit peculiar. Of course we have done a bit of research into the "Schweizerblut" username. We'd have been idiots not to (and don't think I'm the only person to have been looking you up, either ).




If you think I'm hateful, you won't last five minutes amongst the Swiss...
Well it's not entertaining to the victim.

It makes me sad that you enjoy ruining a person's experience with a new forum for the sake of "light entertainment".

Good luck in the CIA.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06.02.2011, 20:19
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

"victim"? "ruining"?

This isn't the Oprah Winfrey show, you know.

I should have known... you really are a soft liberal shite underneath all that bluster...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06.02.2011, 20:25
Upthehatters2008's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the kitchen at parties.
Posts: 4,540
Groaned at 204 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,378 Posts
Upthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

Quote:
View Post
well it's not entertaining to the victim.

It makes me sad that you enjoy ruining a person's experience with a new forum for the sake of "light entertainment".

Good luck in the cia.
HTFU eh ?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06.02.2011, 20:39
MathNut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kt. Glarus
Posts: 4,415
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 10,952 Times in 3,253 Posts
MathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

Quote:
View Post
Well it's not entertaining to the victim.

It makes me sad that you enjoy ruining a person's experience with a new forum for the sake of "light entertainment".

Good luck in the CIA.
"Ruining a person's experience" - c'mon, really? If so I would not give you twenty minutes in the Muotathal A little less drama, please, if you expect to be taken at all seriously around here.

Seriously, I don't think Dougal's Breakfast was unreasonable in googling your username. I did the same thing myself (once it looked like you weren't going to take the hint and post an introduction.) Lots of people do use the same username for everything, but usually it is intentional - they are trying to promote their 'brand', drive traffic to their blog with the same name, etc. So yeah, I googled you. Found the youtube channel, found the football/Hopp Schwiiz stuff, found the Nazi-ish forum (that really disturbed me a little, was hoping it was just coincidence, somebody else with the same username ) and found loads of wikipedia-knockoff articles about Basler red wine too.

If you don't want your various dots to be connected by anyone with a working googlemachine, you should consider using different handles on different forums. But you are the one who started this thread in the first place - effectively putting us all on notice that "I am 'schweizerblut' and I like trance music" - so I really don't get why you feel that having your Youtube channel 'outed' in response to that is such a big deal.
__________________
Need help? Contact a mod.

Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06.02.2011, 20:46
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,756
Groaned at 419 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 18,265 Times in 5,656 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

Did someone mention Muotathal?

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06.02.2011, 20:49
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,756
Groaned at 419 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 18,265 Times in 5,656 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

Or for some real Swiss blood:



Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07.02.2011, 20:13
colinwheeler's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gersau
Posts: 998
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 872 Times in 440 Posts
colinwheeler has a reputation beyond reputecolinwheeler has a reputation beyond reputecolinwheeler has a reputation beyond reputecolinwheeler has a reputation beyond reputecolinwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do y'all get a lot of trance music?

Quote:
I mean, who, in 2011, still uses the same username everywhere he goes?
Me.....but I am not sure I am helping or hindering anybody's argument by admitting to that.(so sad, no suicide smiley to end that with)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
artists, concert, music, trance




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUSIC ~ MUSIC ~ MUSIC lessons!!! VIOLIN, Piano, Theory mmmilena Commercial 5 23.01.2014 17:19
Dance Music Festival Sphere- House, Trance... J.L-P Entertainment & dining 9 09.02.2010 17:42
[Geneva] Dance/trance/house clubs? essex Entertainment & dining 12 22.07.2008 10:22
Psy Trance teknovision Social events 6 17.11.2007 21:20
Psy Trance in Lausanne area? kellypellie Entertainment & dining 0 24.10.2007 21:17


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0