Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09.05.2011, 18:10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zürich
Posts: 349
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 456 Times in 196 Posts
Ziger has a reputation beyond reputeZiger has a reputation beyond reputeZiger has a reputation beyond reputeZiger has a reputation beyond repute
Need help from someone near a pharmacy in France

I took off some time this afternoon to make my way all the way to Basel so I could slip across the border and buy some of the only hayfever medicine that I can function on. Despite going to 3 (!) pharmacies, I came away with only 1 box (sold out in 2 places), which means I only have enough for a week or so . As I can’t get away again this week, I am hoping that some kind soul who lives on the border could help me out by going to a French pharmacy, buying what I need and mailing it to me. Naturally I would pay, postage too. We’re not talking anything illegal here: it is simply a product that they don’t sell in a single tablet here and is widely available in France. We’re also not talking a lot of money: € 30 would have me set probably through next year too. So, if you could help me out, please pm me so we can sort out the details.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09.05.2011, 18:18
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Need help from someone near a pharmacy in France

Hi Ziger, I live near the French border but near Franche-comté. If nobody nearer can help- pm me with details and I'll nip over to get what you need.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09.05.2011, 18:24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zürich
Posts: 349
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 456 Times in 196 Posts
Ziger has a reputation beyond reputeZiger has a reputation beyond reputeZiger has a reputation beyond reputeZiger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help from someone near a pharmacy in France

Quote:
Hi Ziger, I live near the French border but near Franche-comté. If nobody nearer can help- pm me with details and I'll nip over to get what you need.
Thanks! Hopefully someone closer can help. If not, it is nice to know there is a backup plan.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09.05.2011, 19:02
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,975
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help from someone near a pharmacy in France

I'm sorry I can't help you getting the meds in France, but you have an allergy med that works, plz, plz tell me what it is! I'll try anything!!! I have terrible fall allergies, not so much in the spring, except I'm terribly allergic to forsythia which is all over CH.

I hope someone can sort that out for you.


Quote:
View Post
Thanks! Hopefully someone closer can help. If not, it is nice to know there is a backup plan.
Not sure that matters. She's sending it to you in the mail anyway. Should take two days, give or take.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09.05.2011, 19:13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zürich
Posts: 349
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 456 Times in 196 Posts
Ziger has a reputation beyond reputeZiger has a reputation beyond reputeZiger has a reputation beyond reputeZiger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help from someone near a pharmacy in France

Quote:
View Post
I'm sorry I can't help you getting the meds in France, but you have an allergy med that works, plz, plz tell me what it is! I'll try anything!!! I have terrible fall allergies, not so much in the spring, except I'm terribly allergic to forsythia which is all over CH.
It is Actifed Rhinite Allergique. It has 1/2 of the same drug that is in Zyrtec plus pseudophedrine. Zyrtec knocks me out completely and doesn't get rid of all the symptoms, especially the blocked nose. Other things from Switzerland have either not worked or have left me like a zombie. Give it a try when your "season" comes around - I hope it works as well for you as it does for me.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09.05.2011, 19:41
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,975
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help from someone near a pharmacy in France

No "thank you button", so I'll just say "thank you".

My season is coming up now! But I find with the lack of that #%#$ forsythia down here my allergies are not so bad. Down here I only have to spend a week on the Zyrtec. One every morning. I'll see if they have the duo down here.

Thanks again. I hope you find someone to score some of those meds for you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 20.05.2011, 00:10
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Need help from someone near a pharmacy in France

Glad to hear the stuff got to you safely today - hope it helps.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20.05.2011, 09:01
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zürich
Posts: 349
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 456 Times in 196 Posts
Ziger has a reputation beyond reputeZiger has a reputation beyond reputeZiger has a reputation beyond reputeZiger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help from someone near a pharmacy in France

Quote:
Glad to hear the stuff got to you safely today - hope it helps.
It does indeed. I can't thank you enough. Even my OT says thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 14.03.2012, 01:23
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,975
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help from someone near a pharmacy in France

It's time to go to France and look for this!

I'm already on day two of Zyrtec.... Are the forsythias blooming already???? I'd ask to have these plants eradicated, but apparently according to the movie "Contagion" they are required to save the earth from a deadly virus.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14.03.2012, 11:31
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Need help from someone near a pharmacy in France

Quote:
View Post
I took off some time this afternoon to make my way all the way to Basel so I could slip across the border and buy some of the only hayfever medicine that I can function on. Despite going to 3 (!) pharmacies, I came away with only 1 box (sold out in 2 places), which means I only have enough for a week or so . As I can’t get away again this week, I am hoping that some kind soul who lives on the border could help me out by going to a French pharmacy, buying what I need and mailing it to me. Naturally I would pay, postage too. We’re not talking anything illegal here: it is simply a product that they don’t sell in a single tablet here and is widely available in France. We’re also not talking a lot of money: € 30 would have me set probably through next year too. So, if you could help me out, please pm me so we can sort out the details.
If it's just normal OTC stuff (and it seems so from other posts) then I'll gladly get some for you. I'm in France most weeknights and work in Basel, so can easily post them on to you from within CH. PM me with details (but be aware I'll be away between 19-30 March).
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 14.03.2012, 12:26
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,975
Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help from someone near a pharmacy in France

Quote:
If it's just normal OTC stuff (and it seems so from other posts) then I'll gladly get some for you. I'm in France most weeknights and work in Basel, so can easily post them on to you from within CH. PM me with details (but be aware I'll be away between 19-30 March).
No sure he needs any more. This post was from last year which I revived because I was looking for the name of the drug.

We know it's OTC in France. Have you seen in there in CH?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 14.03.2012, 12:39
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Need help from someone near a pharmacy in France

Quote:
View Post
No sure he needs any more. This post was from last year which I revived because I was looking for the name of the drug.
Ahh, I failed to spot the dates. Still, no harm done.
Quote:
View Post
We know it's OTC in France. Have you seen in there in CH?
I'm not personally familiar with, or in need of, such things, so no.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pharmacy Tax for Medication? meshell555 Family matters/health 0 14.12.2010 14:56
Over charged Apotheke/Pharmacy! kamka Family matters/health 15 14.02.2009 18:09
Opportunities for Pharmacy Student? Ramiro De Maeztu Employment 0 07.06.2008 14:02


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0