Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06.06.2011, 20:40
Posts: n/a
employing a swiss childminder/au pair in France


I am hoping to employ someone as a live out au pair to look after my daughter for two months. We are living in France (close to Geneva) and everyone who has applied lives in Switzerland. How does it work with taxes and insurance? Where do I pay the taxes? Do I need to pay taxes??
I am coming from the Uk where this type of arrangement would be a "cash in hand" where the person employed would sort out their own taxes

As I am employing someone without recognised childcare qualifications, just some experience, I had seen websites quoting 1200ch a month - is that about right?

Any advice would be very welcome - I don't want to break any rules but am loath to get involved in paying employers taxes for such a short period of time.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Employing an au pair - language question and other info janne Employment 31 26.10.2011 18:37
Employing people charlietreeves Business & entrepreneur 4 17.06.2010 22:05
Childminder/Au Pair in Kaiseragust Flossy777 Family matters/health 0 04.03.2010 19:29

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:43.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0