Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04.06.2008, 18:55
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 100
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
thundersinner has no particular reputation at present
BBC news website !

I go to BBC news front page to read what's going on and their seems to be something about the American elections AGAIN .... I don't give a **** about the American elections ! It would be okay if it lasted a week but no I have to reminded about it for a whole year !
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04.06.2008, 18:59
nqnln's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Liechtenstein
Posts: 703
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 503 Times in 274 Posts
nqnln has earned the respect of manynqnln has earned the respect of manynqnln has earned the respect of many
Re: BBC news website !

Quote:
View Post
I go to BBC news front page to read what's going on and their seems to be something about the American elections AGAIN .... I don't give a **** about the American elections ! It would be okay if it lasted a week but no I have to reminded about it for a whole year !
It's just going to get more and more intense now. Just remember that most of what you've seen to now relates mainly to the primaries and nominations. The US administration, like it or not, has a huge impact on the rest of the world, so it's pretty important for BBC as a respectable news agent to cover it as well as they can.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04.06.2008, 19:04
vwild1
 
Posts: n/a
Re: BBC news website !

Quote:
View Post
I go to BBC news front page to read what's going on and their seems to be something about the American elections AGAIN .... I don't give a **** about the American elections ! It would be okay if it lasted a week but no I have to reminded about it for a whole year !
when I see something that doesn't interest me I skip over it..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04.06.2008, 19:18
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 100
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
thundersinner has no particular reputation at present
Re: BBC news website !

Quote:
View Post
It's just going to get more and more intense now. Just remember that most of what you've seen to now relates mainly to the primaries and nominations. The US administration, like it or not, has a huge impact on the rest of the world, so it's pretty important for BBC as a respectable news agent to cover it as well as they can.
I don't think they should cover it at least not on the first page. The elections are corrupted by miscounts or as we can say they ended up electing an absolute idiot twice ! Then what's the point of following it ... its just a load of B.S. I don't think its fair to make us endure this ! I heard nearly nothing about the russian presidential elections !
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04.06.2008, 19:21
Lob's Avatar
Lob Lob is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: -
Posts: 7,795
Groaned at 42 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,060 Posts
Lob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond reputeLob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BBC news website !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/?edit and customise your front page.

Stab yourself: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/default.stm
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04.06.2008, 19:21
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 100
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
thundersinner has no particular reputation at present
Re: BBC news website !

Quote:
View Post
when I see something that doesn't interest me I skip over it..

Like always... But when It keeps getting shoved in your face its get annoying !
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04.06.2008, 19:31
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lenk im Simmental
Posts: 1,123
Groaned at 95 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 750 Times in 404 Posts
Keith66 has earned the respect of manyKeith66 has earned the respect of manyKeith66 has earned the respect of many
Re: BBC news website !

Just ignore the story and click on a story you want to read!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04.06.2008, 19:52
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 100
Groaned at 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
thundersinner has no particular reputation at present
Re: BBC news website !

Quote:
View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/?edit and customise your front page.

Stab yourself: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/default.stm
Yup seems that "world news page" compared to the "news front page"
doesn't emphasize the American elections as much ... thanks

Well I wasn't making this thread to attack bbc just for someone to agree with me that the American elections is full of **** and they should stop making it such big news ... that would make me fell better !
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04.06.2008, 20:16
Colonelboris's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 1,137
Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 1,273 Times in 671 Posts
Colonelboris has a reputation beyond reputeColonelboris has a reputation beyond reputeColonelboris has a reputation beyond reputeColonelboris has a reputation beyond reputeColonelboris has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BBC news website !

Well, for a mainly-lefty organisation as the BBC you have to remember that however much they dislike the US, they sure love the free travel abroad on the company.

[/168 correspondants to cover the 2004 Presidential elections]
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04.06.2008, 20:40
gbn's Avatar
gbn gbn is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Zuri Oberland
Posts: 2,747
Groaned at 104 Times in 71 Posts
Thanked 2,398 Times in 1,124 Posts
gbn has a reputation beyond reputegbn has a reputation beyond reputegbn has a reputation beyond reputegbn has a reputation beyond reputegbn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BBC news website !

Quote:
View Post
Well, for a mainly-lefty organisation as the BBC you have to remember that however much they dislike the US, they sure love the free travel abroad on the company.

[/168 correspondants to cover the 2004 Presidential elections]
The 168 is because they send a team per news show.
There was a strike or threat of a strike a while ago because some new manager or other "this is stoopid: stop it"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04.06.2008, 20:55
Colonelboris's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 1,137
Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 1,273 Times in 671 Posts
Colonelboris has a reputation beyond reputeColonelboris has a reputation beyond reputeColonelboris has a reputation beyond reputeColonelboris has a reputation beyond reputeColonelboris has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BBC news website !

ITN only sent seven as far as I remember...
OK, so their news is pap, but the BBC isn't that much better.

Also, have they got rid of some of the editorial staff on the website? It's getting worse than The Grauniad at times for spelling and grammar.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04.06.2008, 20:58
Colonelboris's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southampton, UK
Posts: 1,137
Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 1,273 Times in 671 Posts
Colonelboris has a reputation beyond reputeColonelboris has a reputation beyond reputeColonelboris has a reputation beyond reputeColonelboris has a reputation beyond reputeColonelboris has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BBC news website !

Quote:
View Post
Yup seems that "world news page" compared to the "news front page"
doesn't emphasize the American elections as much ... thanks

Well I wasn't making this thread to attack bbc just for someone to agree with me that the American elections is full of **** and they should stop making it such big news ... that would make me fell better !
I guess if you've got that much money for media relations as the two candidates had, then you can pretty much buy your way onto any news you want.
But then again, in terms of international elections, surely Morgan Tsvangirai being arrested should have topped the page?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BBC News: Sonnenberg Tunnel/Shelter Lou Swiss politics/news 35 06.01.2010 17:00
Watching BBC [with Cablecom Digital Price drop news] muze7 TV/internet/telephone 55 28.06.2009 02:18
SKY+ Box FTA [Lost BBC News 24. How can I get it back?] movingtozug TV/internet/telephone 9 23.03.2008 16:13
BBC Learn German website sharon Language corner 4 22.05.2007 08:53
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5261856.stm Guest Jokes/funnies 0 18.08.2006 14:33


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0