English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   General off-topic (https://www.englishforum.ch/general-off-topic/)
-   -   Tattoo-what are the risks? (https://www.englishforum.ch/general-off-topic/296505-tattoo-what-risks.html)

omtatsat 01.02.2020 13:59

Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Anybody out there had a tattoo done. Are there risks? Any bad experiences?

Castro 01.02.2020 14:00

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Regret

omtatsat 01.02.2020 14:02

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Castro (Post 3143488)
Regret

Why? The appearance or skin reaction?

Guest 01.02.2020 14:07

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
- Diseases like Hepatitis
- Keloids
- Allergic reactions
- Infections
- Granulomas
- Empty wallet syndrome (good artists are expensive)

And a lot of artists make ugly pictures.

Find somebody who is really good at what you want and who can show previous work to proof it, a trampstamp can be done nicely by almost all, but an animal head that looks great is a specialisation and will be F'd up by a lot of them.

I got mine at Tattoomania in Buenos Aires and can really recommended them, it is just a long travel :P

omtatsat 01.02.2020 14:13

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

- Diseases like Hepatitis
- Keloids
- Allergic reactions
- Infections
- Granulomas
- Empty wallet syndrome (good artists are expensive)

And a lot of artists make ugly pictures.

Find somebody who is really good at what you want and who can show previous work to proof it, a trampstamp can be done nicely by almost all, but an animal head that looks great is a specialisation and will be F'd up by a lot of them.

I got mine at Tattoomania in Buenos Aires and can really recommended them, it is just a long travel :P
So the risks are maybe more the exception that the rule? And Zürich tattooists should be "clean"and professional?

I would be talking about more a very small pubic tatoo

The google pics to " skin reactions tattoo"are really terrible.:(

Tom1234 01.02.2020 14:26

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 3143487)
Anybody out there had a tattoo done. Are there risks? Any bad experiences?

Getting something done in sanskrit which you are led to believe has some clever, deep Buddist meaning but actually translated reads "I'm a twat!"

omtatsat 01.02.2020 14:31

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom1234 (Post 3143499)
Getting something done in sanskrit which you are led to believe has some clever, deep Buddist meaning but actually translated reads "I'm a twat!"

I prefer to be original and not copy yours!

Tom1234 01.02.2020 14:37

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 3143501)
I prefer to be original and not copy yours!

Mine says "Hello Kitty"

But to be honest, when you get to a certain age, getting a tattoo is not exactly "original", is it? It's a bit tired and clichéd.

Guest 01.02.2020 14:46

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 3143496)
So the risks are maybe more the exception that the rule? And Zürich tattooists should be "clean"and professional?

I would be talking about more a very small pubic tatoo

The google pics to " skin reactions tattoo"are really terrible.:(

:D:D:D

In Zürich you want to make sure that you've seen previous art to know they have the skills, and they should be able to show you their certificates as for being hygienic. And you don't need a special artist if you have a small normal tattoo, you could also google them to get a better impression.

Diseases and such are in proper shops a very rare exception, and allergies can always happen but are rare also, Almost all my friends have at least one but often more or even up to 20 tattoo's and none ever had an infection or such.

grumpygrapefruit 01.02.2020 15:20

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 3143487)
Anybody out there had a tattoo done. Are there risks? Any bad experiences?

Spelling mistakes

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b6/70/53/b...ome-tattoo.jpg

k_and_e 01.02.2020 15:28

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 3143496)
I would be talking about more a very small pubic tatoo

I understand that it should be very small.

AquoIcePostCH 01.02.2020 16:00

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 3143487)
Anybody out there had a tattoo done. Are there risks? Any bad experiences?

Why would you want to inject poison into your body?! I understand you are a nurse. Surely you should know better? :confused: Tattoos are in the same league as piercings, drugs and smoking. :msncrazy:

omtatsat 01.02.2020 16:18

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AquoIcePostCH (Post 3143528)
Why would you want to inject poison into your body?! I understand you are a nurse. Surely you should know better? :confused: Tattoos are in the same league as piercings, drugs and smoking. :msncrazy:

drugs and smoking is another league. Not to be compared

AquoIcePostCH 01.02.2020 16:21

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 3143534)
drugs and smoking is another league.

All the same rabble as far as I am concerned. ;)

Guest 01.02.2020 17:02

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom1234 (Post 3143499)
Getting something done in sanskrit which you are led to believe has some clever, deep Buddist meaning but actually translated reads "I'm a twat!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 3143501)
I prefer to be original and not copy yours!


You don't need a tatoo for this Omtatsaty ;)

NotAllThere 01.02.2020 17:06

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpygrapefruit (Post 3143517)

https://scontent-dus1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a7&oe=5E941EA8

Guest 01.02.2020 18:16

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AquoIcePostCH (Post 3143528)
Why would Tattoos are in the same league as piercings, drugs and smoking. :msncrazy:

Tattoos and piercings, when done well and safely can be amazing. Nowhere near the same "league" as drugs and smoking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 3143534)
drugs and smoking is another league. Not to be compared


This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquoIcePostCH (Post 3143537)
All the same rabble as far as I am concerned. ;)

Rabble? Why? You not got your ears pierced then?

AquoIcePostCH 01.02.2020 18:17

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

You not got your ears pierced then?
No. What for?! :confused:

omtatsat 01.02.2020 18:31

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Tattoos and piercings, when done well and safely can be amazing. Nowhere near the same "league" as drugs and smoking.




This.



Rabble? Why? You not got your ears pierced then?
Well I have just looked at allergic reactions to tattoos. Terrible. I can do without that.

Guest 01.02.2020 18:35

Re: Tattoo-what are the risks?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AquoIcePostCH (Post 3143587)
No. What for?! :confused:

For jewellery-wearing purposes.

Having one's ears pierced is hardly deviant behaviour.

Omtatsat, i have lots of friends with infection-free tattoos. It's all in the skill - and superlative hygiene - of the artist.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0