English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   General off-topic (https://www.englishforum.ch/general-off-topic/)
-   -   So, when will MasterChef Final ... (https://www.englishforum.ch/general-off-topic/303598-so-when-will-masterchef-final.html)

JackieH 11.04.2021 20:42

So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
... be shown?

ennui 11.04.2021 22:50

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieH (Post 3295248)
... be shown?

Is it still on? IĎve never watched a single episode. I love to watch cooking programs, but hate to watched cooking as a competitive sport.

Landers 11.04.2021 23:18

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Probably after 8 more days of back to back tributes and reporting on every single BBC channel. I'm sure there are more people who couldn't give a monkeys than could but 'the beeb' is terribly terribly well you know.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...pones-20358655

This is not what I don't pay my TV licence fee for!

Guest 12.04.2021 11:09

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ennui (Post 3295295)
Is it still on? I‘ve never watched a single episode. I love to watch cooking programs, but hate to watched cooking as a competitive sport.

Yeah, it was OK-ish, back in the day with Lloyd Grossman, when it was real amateur cooks in a studio producing dishes that were recognisable as something you might attempt at home. These days (and I guess I'm talking about the last twenty-plus years) the unnecessary and artificial drama they generate is annoying, to say the least, plus the frankly ridiculous results they're expecting take it so far away from anything resembling food as we know elevates it to wole new levels of unreality.

Great British Bake Off, though... Well, they made it work, entertaining, educational, fun, interesting. Too much focus on the people sometimes, not enough on the baking, but at least it's real people being themselves, pretty much, and believable results that you might have a chance of achieving at home.

Funny to see how it's spawned so many other minority-interest competitive shows like Sewing Bee, Pottery showdown etc.

Anjela 12.04.2021 13:16

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieH (Post 3295248)
... be shown?

At the moment the Radio Times is listing the final three episodes as only being shown on BBC2 at 3.20-4.20am on the 21-23rd April.
So the final is scheduled to be screened on Friday the 23rd at 3.20am*.

*NB: that's UK time, so allow for that when setting the recorder!

I totally agree with you (from your posting in another thread) that the blanket showing of documentaries due to a death is excessive, it would be understandable to dedicate the main channel to this, but not all of them.

Landers 12.04.2021 13:28

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjela (Post 3295437)
At the moment the Radio Times is listing the final three episodes as only being shown on BBC2 at 3.20-4.20am on the 21-23rd April.
So the final is scheduled to be screened on Friday the 23rd at 3.20am*.

That's the usual repeat scheduling just the first-showing episodes are still missing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjela (Post 3295437)
*NB: that's UK time, so allow for that when setting the recorder!

Have we got a video? :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UucAljBkBYU

Anjela 12.04.2021 13:37

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landers (Post 3295443)
That's the usual repeat scheduling just the first-showing episodes are still missing.


Have we got a video? :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UucAljBkBYU

Jackie asked when it was on, I've told her.

The dvd thingy is also called a recorder.

Island Monkey 12.04.2021 13:40

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjela (Post 3295437)
I totally agree with you (from your posting in another thread) that the blanket showing of documentaries due to a death is excessive, it would be understandable to dedicate the main channel to this, but not all of them.

Imagine what itíll be like when the Queen dies :eek:

k_and_e 12.04.2021 13:52

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Island Monkey (Post 3295449)
Imagine what itíll be like when the Queen dies :eek:

The TV planning of EF boomers will be so messed up:eek:

henk 12.04.2021 13:53

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Not known at this moment when they will show it



Love the series and watch every episode, prefer masterchef:professionals though

MusicChick 12.04.2021 13:59

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Cooking shows are a bit tacky, I prefer the king of tacky, Grayson's Art Club. It's magnificent! And it looks like it's over. :(

Deep Purple 12.04.2021 14:03

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
It's not even available to view on iPlayer even though it is listed there. It must be tough for the contestants who are supposed to keep it secret until it is broadcast

Landers 12.04.2021 14:17

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by henk (Post 3295457)
Not known at this moment when they will show it



Love the series and watch every episode, prefer masterchef:professionals though

At least they have some decent innovative contestants this year. Last year wasn't so great.
I don't like the restaurant or mass-catering challenges so usually skip through those.

Belgianmum 13.04.2021 11:49

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
BBC says tomorrow evening at 8pm UK time.

https://twitter.com/MasterChefUK/sta...92917485256706

speakeron 13.04.2021 12:03

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Yeah, it was OK-ish, back in the day with Lloyd Grossman
Yes, good times.


Landers 13.04.2021 12:43

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by speakeron (Post 3295828)
Yes, good times.


This was one of the most disturbing pieces of television I've ever seen.

Landers 13.04.2021 12:52

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belgianmum (Post 3295821)
BBC says tomorrow evening at 8pm UK time.

https://twitter.com/MasterChefUK/sta...92917485256706

In place of The Repair Shop I suppose, no great loss, and just before The Great British Sewing Bee, which has never been the same since Claudia Winkleman isn't on it any more. Still, at least it's not Rylan Clark who seems to have spent 15 minutes in every presenting role.
BTW, Have I got news for you is back on.

MusicChick 13.04.2021 13:00

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landers (Post 3295856)
This was one of the most disturbing pieces of television I've ever seen.

You haven't seen commie TV.

Belgianmum 13.04.2021 13:08

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landers (Post 3295864)
In place of The Repair Shop I suppose, no great loss, and just before The Great British Sewing Bee, which has never been the same since Claudia Winkleman isn't on it any more. Still, at least it's not Rylan Clark who seems to have spent 15 minutes in every presenting role.
BTW, Have I got news for you is back on.

We recorded HIGNFY last night.


Not a fan of Joe Lycett but I like the sewing bee, I like to get inspiration for all the things I think Iíll make but never do.

JackieH 13.04.2021 13:29

Re: So, when will MasterChef Final ...
 
The absolute worst, and I just could not watch- was the Dog Grooming competition recently. Sick.

Loking forward to MasterChef final tomorrow.

Not a patch on Fanny Craddock though- ahahaha


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0