Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15.01.2009, 12:22
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: OOO
Posts: 3,724
Groaned at 79 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 1,683 Times in 1,017 Posts
Sada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond repute
Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

... or
why do men freak out so often when a woman is driving?

... or
would you like for your lady to drive YOU around a bit more?

... or ?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15.01.2009, 12:25
BasP72's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Adliswil (close to Zurich)
Posts: 1,932
Groaned at 89 Times in 43 Posts
Thanked 1,785 Times in 852 Posts
BasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Men and women drivers, gender doesn't matter, they're all worse than me
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15.01.2009, 12:41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: aarau
Posts: 251
Groaned at 12 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 152 Times in 83 Posts
superted is considered knowledgeablesuperted is considered knowledgeablesuperted is considered knowledgeable
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Sada...............you drive me crazy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15.01.2009, 12:45
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: OOO
Posts: 3,724
Groaned at 79 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 1,683 Times in 1,017 Posts
Sada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

oh poor you just don't hit a tree or something, please ?!


Quote:
View Post
Sada...............you drive me crazy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15.01.2009, 12:47
Nev
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Quote:
View Post
... or
why do men freak out so often when a woman is driving?
Because men like to be in control.

On the whole I find women are more careful/cautious drivers.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15.01.2009, 12:49
Etienne Botes
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Men are better drivers, women are safer drivers.

The thinnest book ever written was "Famous Female Formula One Drivers".

But then again, I am sure insurance actuaries will tell you women make less fatal and massive accidents.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 15.01.2009, 12:52
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: OOO
Posts: 3,724
Groaned at 79 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 1,683 Times in 1,017 Posts
Sada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

... or
would you like for your lady to drive YOU around a bit more?


How about this question?
I know men who like for a woman to drive them around, (happened even to me, even though I am a bit of a wild driver,
not unsafe at all, just a bit wild you know )
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 15.01.2009, 13:00
Etienne Botes
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Sure! It allows me to enjoy the scenery a bit.

As long as you don't talk to them...they get easily distracted.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 15.01.2009, 13:05
Sutter's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 5,799
Groaned at 68 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,824 Times in 1,605 Posts
Sutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

I watched watched a program on T.V the other day and they said women drivers are the best because they are more careful. Men are more busy looking around and using mobile phones e.t.c. ( please don't shoot the messenger)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 15.01.2009, 13:18
ChrisW's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lausanne (or out on my bike)
Posts: 1,780
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 856 Times in 495 Posts
ChrisW has a reputation beyond reputeChrisW has a reputation beyond reputeChrisW has a reputation beyond reputeChrisW has a reputation beyond reputeChrisW has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Why aren't the moderators deleting this trash? I thought they were starting to run a tighter ship around here. Head over to shooting the cheese if you want to engage in mindless banter.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 15.01.2009, 13:32
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: OOO
Posts: 3,724
Groaned at 79 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 1,683 Times in 1,017 Posts
Sada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

deleting this trash? I am sure there is worse trash served up here than discussing male/female drivers ...

Quote:
View Post
Why aren't the moderators deleting this trash? I thought they were starting to run a tighter ship around here. Head over to shooting the cheese if you want to engage in mindless banter.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 15.01.2009, 13:33
monkeynut's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1,128
Groaned at 38 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 1,392 Times in 521 Posts
monkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women



women - end of argument, i know women that drive around for hours looking for parking spaces they dont have to reverse into..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 15.01.2009, 13:33
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cowshitsbourg
Posts: 1,372
Groaned at 322 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 607 Times in 291 Posts
Canadian_dude has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian_dude has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian_dude has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian_dude has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Men are better drivers for the simple reason that "most" enjoy driving and/or consider it to be an important aspect of masculinity hence they take greater interest in it. I can 80% of the time guess if a woman or a man is driving depending on the behaviour of the car. Women do not "think ahead" when they drive or "think of others". They tend to be selfish drivers. Most common complaint is not using turn signals... which proves my point. It's a lot of small things... like stopping too far in front of a stop line forcing me to drive around them (on cross streets).

However just to show that I am not a sexist beast (just sexy beast really) I will admit that women naturally make better fighter pilots due to their higher proportion of body fat which allows them to withstand higher G forces (it's not for nothing they have the G spot). Hence why all Russian fighter pilots look like cuddly bears and not like muscled up US pilot jocks.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 15.01.2009, 13:34
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cowshitsbourg
Posts: 1,372
Groaned at 322 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 607 Times in 291 Posts
Canadian_dude has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian_dude has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian_dude has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian_dude has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Quote:
View Post
Why aren't the moderators deleting this trash? I thought they were starting to run a tighter ship around here. Head over to shooting the cheese if you want to engage in mindless banter.
Must be THAT time of the month... Drink some camomille tea and watch some Martha Stewart... it'll all pass in a few days.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 15.01.2009, 13:39
monkeynut's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1,128
Groaned at 38 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 1,392 Times in 521 Posts
monkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Quote:
View Post
Must be THAT time of the month... Drink some camomille tea and watch some Martha Stewart... it'll all pass in a few days.
hmm most other forums ive looked at specifically request you do not refer people to other forums?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 15.01.2009, 13:48
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cowshitsbourg
Posts: 1,372
Groaned at 322 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 607 Times in 291 Posts
Canadian_dude has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian_dude has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian_dude has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian_dude has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Quote:
View Post
hmm most other forums ive looked at specifically request you do not refer people to other forums?
I meant on TV. He OBVIOUSLY has a subscription to the W Network.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 15.01.2009, 14:00
monkeynut's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Geneva
Posts: 1,128
Groaned at 38 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 1,392 Times in 521 Posts
monkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond reputemonkeynut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Quote:
View Post
I meant on TV. He OBVIOUSLY has a subscription to the W Network.
not you! the other grumpy one!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 15.01.2009, 18:30
J.L-P's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gocki
Posts: 2,741
Groaned at 53 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,044 Posts
J.L-P has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L-P has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L-P has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L-P has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L-P has a reputation beyond reputeJ.L-P has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Most of my men friends have been given a vacation by the Swiss from their drivers licenses'... but according to them, without exception, they are all excellent drivers.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02.03.2009, 13:52
Gwendy's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Baden AG
Posts: 552
Groaned at 13 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 311 Times in 181 Posts
Gwendy has a reputation beyond reputeGwendy has a reputation beyond reputeGwendy has a reputation beyond reputeGwendy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Right, well, found where I can let off some belated steam...

An X5 driver tried to kill me yesterday. I drive a VW Passat TDI, thank you GOD for turbo.... that's for sure. Anyway, on the new exit to the Autobahn from Lachen, I was driving "zŁgig" as one should and the very small peni*ed (I expect xxxxxx's here for this word) X5 driver decided that he has more PS than me - sorry mate I won! - and decided to give it welly to try to block me getting on the rainy Autobahn before him. Right, well, I won that one and boy did it peeve the poor guy off.... Am currently thinking of SATC (S and the city for you men who don't know) where Samantha was complaining of having to be satisfied by a guy with the size of a wiener.... anyway. This must have been the guy...

He then, as I indicated to actually go left ONTO the A'bahn drove right beside me and at the end of the lane (thankfully no wall) he braked, so I couldn't get onto the A'bahn and had to drive over the safety line....

Now as we once discussed here, being a nervous driver might have meant I might have crashed, killed myself, killing others along with me. But thankfully, I always keep my calm and I waited and then drove on when safe.. Where are the cops when you need them. Maybe it irked him that all I could do was laugh at him... maybe he wanted to see a scared face... the complete toad brained wan*er!! If I had been the chick beside him - and there was one - I would have left him instantly, cause there is an accident waiting to happen... and he has a small Pe*is, so he MUST have tons of dosh for her to stay with such a sad specimen... and the fact that he needs some serious anger management...

anyway if one of you by chance happen to be that driver... get help......do yourself and the rest of mankind a favour..... get a bicycle...

Thank you for letting me have a rant..... not only CD can rant ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02.03.2009, 13:58
Eire's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tir na n”g
Posts: 3,628
Groaned at 54 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,209 Posts
Eire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Now, Who are better drivers ? Men or Women

Quote:
View Post
Right, well, found where I can let off some belated steam...

An X5 driver tried to kill me yesterday. I drive a VW Passat TDI, thank you GOD for turbo.... that's for sure. Anyway, on the new exit to the Autobahn from Lachen, I was driving "zŁgig" as one should and the very small peni*ed (I expect xxxxxx's here for this word) X5 driver decided that he has more PS than me - sorry mate I won! - and decided to give it welly to try to block me getting on the rainy Autobahn before him. Right, well, I won that one and boy did it peeve the poor guy off.... Am currently thinking of SATC (S and the city for you men who don't know) where Samantha was complaining of having to be satisfied by a guy with the size of a wiener.... anyway. This must have been the guy...

He then, as I indicated to actually go left ONTO the A'bahn drove right beside me and at the end of the lane (thankfully no wall) he braked, so I couldn't get onto the A'bahn and had to drive over the safety line....

Now as we once discussed here, being a nervous driver might have meant I might have crashed, killed myself, killing others along with me. But thankfully, I always keep my calm and I waited and then drove on when safe.. Where are the cops when you need them. Maybe it irked him that all I could do was laugh at him... maybe he wanted to see a scared face... the complete toad brained wan*er!! If I had been the chick beside him - and there was one - I would have left him instantly, cause there is an accident waiting to happen... and he has a small Pe*is, so he MUST have tons of dosh for her to stay with such a sad specimen... and the fact that he needs some serious anger management...

anyway if one of you by chance happen to be that driver... get help......do yourself and the rest of mankind a favour..... get a bicycle...

Thank you for letting me have a rant..... not only CD can rant ;-)
Let me understand this correctly.

He was behind you on the on ramp, you both accelerated to filter into the traffic, but he came from behind, pulled out into the autobahn slow lane and then blocked you from getting in?

or

He was already on the autobahn, saw you come from the entrance ramp and accelerated alongside you as you were trying to filter into the traffic?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who are smarter - Men or Women? Lynn88 Family matters/health 30 27.11.2008 14:54
Drivers' licence gerhard Transportation/driving 4 13.11.2008 00:41
Fines for UK drivers BSP Transportation/driving 3 31.01.2008 11:00
Young Train Drivers cyrus Transportation/driving 7 10.07.2007 11:01


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0