Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26.06.2009, 11:28
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Meta-complaint...

I wish to complain about the poor quality of complaints posted here recently.

"My dog lost its laundry because it was too busy paying a huge parking fine to
dance properly, so it ran over a Cablecom rep on a pedestrian crossing, picked
up a nice barbeque from Jumbo, but then had to pay for the ketchup.
Who should it sue? "

Now, that's what I call a complaint!
.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26.06.2009, 11:39
Louis Wu's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: varied, now Nouvelle Normandie
Posts: 1,027
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 907 Times in 455 Posts
Louis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

Quote:
View Post
I wish to complain about the poor quality of complaints posted here recently.

"My dog lost its laundry because it was too busy paying a huge parking fine to
dance properly, so it ran over a Cablecom rep on a pedestrian crossing, picked
up a nice barbeque from Jumbo, but then had to pay for the ketchup.
Who should it sue? "

Now, that's what I call a complaint!
.

We've been too busy worrying about the unknown unknowns to post piffling complaint posts of late.

I wish to complain about the small car park spaces that mean that my gas-guzzling SUV doesn't fit properly. Also the automatic car washes are not very good as washing the pieces of sundry pedestrians and small animals from the chrome grille. I am hoping that if I can save enough Coop stickers or Migros tat I will be able to afford a new swimming pool for my pet badger
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26.06.2009, 11:39
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 113
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 52 Times in 36 Posts
StephenR has no particular reputation at present
Re: Meta-complaint...

In order to help resolve your complaint, could you provide the following information: Was it a proper barbeque or one of those pretend gas ones?

I must point out that if it was the latter type, then you are on your own and we are unable to help you further!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26.06.2009, 11:41
tomcat's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Stewdguard, Germany
Posts: 2,051
Groaned at 45 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 929 Times in 609 Posts
tomcat has a reputation beyond reputetomcat has a reputation beyond reputetomcat has a reputation beyond reputetomcat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

OK, how is this one?

I bought a Samsung SGH-i600 phone for a ton of money in July 2007. The phone comes with a 2 year warranty. The phone stopped working earlier this year. I called Samsung's local shop (Samtel, now Autronic, or the other way round). They told me to send it to Mobile Touch Winterthur, which I did. They told me that indeed the phone was broken (an IC came unglued from the board) and it was my fault because I must have dropped it and therefore it isn't covered by warranty. Repair more expensive than new phone.



Solutions?

1. Screw Samsung, make sure colleagues and rest of world (via Interweb) know about this crappy product / customer service experience.

2. Go Blackberry.

__________________
Back in Texas
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26.06.2009, 11:44
Louis Wu's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: varied, now Nouvelle Normandie
Posts: 1,027
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 907 Times in 455 Posts
Louis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

Quote:
View Post
OK, how is this one?

I bought a Samsung SGH-i600 phone for a ton of money in July 2007. The phone comes with a 2 year warranty. The phone stopped working earlier this year. I called Samsung's local shop (Samtel, now Autronic, or the other way round). They told me to send it to Mobile Touch Winterthur, which I did. They told me that indeed the phone was broken (an IC came unglued from the board) and it was my fault because I must have dropped it and therefore it isn't covered by warranty. Repair more expensive than new phone.



Solutions?

1. Screw Samsung, make sure colleagues and rest of world (via Interweb) know about this crappy product / customer service experience.

2. Go Blackberry.

You forgot option 3) Go back to the shop, rant and rave, demand to see the manager, get escorted out of the shop, threatened with police action. be brave and take out a personal lawsuit because "I like the law and I know my rights", post about it on a forum and send mildy abusive threatening PM's to any that don't offer full whole-hearted sympathy.

and option 4) Grow a pair

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26.06.2009, 11:44
MathNut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kt. Glarus
Posts: 4,431
Groaned at 35 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 10,871 Times in 3,248 Posts
MathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

Nobody made you come to this forum so why are you complaining?

If you don't like it go back where you came from.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26.06.2009, 11:46
Louis Wu's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: varied, now Nouvelle Normandie
Posts: 1,027
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 907 Times in 455 Posts
Louis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

Quote:
View Post
Nobody made you come to this forum so why are you complaining?

If you don't like it go back where you came from.
Excellent invocation of the newly established EF Godwin Rule :-)
Is this thread now dead? If so I wish to complain about that
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26.06.2009, 11:47
tomcat's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Stewdguard, Germany
Posts: 2,051
Groaned at 45 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 929 Times in 609 Posts
tomcat has a reputation beyond reputetomcat has a reputation beyond reputetomcat has a reputation beyond reputetomcat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

Quote:
View Post
You forgot option 3) Go back to the shop, rant and rave, demand to see the manager, get escorted out of the shop, threatened with police action. be brave and take out a personal lawsuit because "I like the law and I know my rights", post about it on a forum and send mildy abusive threatening PM's to any that don't offer full whole-hearted sympathy.

and option 4) Grow a pair

Can't go back to the shop, bought it online.



I've now decided to plunk down the money and buy a phone that can handle the abuse (should've gone Blackberry in the first place).

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 26.06.2009, 11:51
Louis Wu's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: varied, now Nouvelle Normandie
Posts: 1,027
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 907 Times in 455 Posts
Louis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

Quote:
View Post
Can't go back to the shop, bought it online.



I've now decided to plunk down the money and buy a phone that can handle the abuse (should've gone Blackberry in the first place).

You see? that's the problem. I wish to complain about the number of people that refuse to support the local community and economy and insist on buying online.

I can't think of anything else to complain about right now so I'll head off for lunch instead ;-)

Keep on Running TC
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26.06.2009, 12:02
sharkey's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lausanne (Previously)
Posts: 781
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 1,107 Times in 500 Posts
sharkey has a reputation beyond reputesharkey has a reputation beyond reputesharkey has a reputation beyond reputesharkey has a reputation beyond reputesharkey has a reputation beyond reputesharkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

I want to complain about the club in Lausanne that continued serving me drinks last night, even though it was quite evident that I would have to come to work today. They totally neglected their moral duty to ensure that I would not be hungover, all just to make a few extra bucks. They even went so far as to ensure that my hangover wouldn't kick in till about 10 o'clock, and that up to that point, I'd be borderline drunk. And late for work. It's a shagging disgrace.

Where do I go to complain about these people? I want to ensure that this doesnt happen to anyone else, and that the place is shut down. And that disgustingly hot barmaid is put out of work. Also, a little monetary recompense would be nice, considering the ordeal I had to go through this morning.

So is it the Police, or is there a specific government department that deals with this?
__________________
I'll fight you for it...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 26.06.2009, 12:03
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Meta-complaint...

I came back home after a night out getting wasted, found I'd forgotten / lost my keys, rang on all the other residents' doorbells (A LOT) to let me in then some passing spotty teenager on a skateboard robbed my wallet which was hanging out of my back pocket.

Can I sue the agency who owns my apartment?

Who can I sue? I need someone to pay up to make me stop feeling like a c0ck.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 26.06.2009, 12:22
Uncle Max's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Züri
Posts: 7,582
Groaned at 171 Times in 111 Posts
Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,486 Posts
Uncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

I hate my life and want to die. You're all idiots. lol. Anybody know the time? jyhfsodhfnoasidhvjn
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 26.06.2009, 12:36
Jekyll's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 886
Groaned at 35 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 1,180 Times in 475 Posts
Jekyll has a reputation beyond reputeJekyll has a reputation beyond reputeJekyll has a reputation beyond reputeJekyll has a reputation beyond reputeJekyll has a reputation beyond reputeJekyll has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

I'd like to complain that the following post is not attached below every post made on the English forum:


"Home is a free-to-view 2009 documentary by Yann Arthus-Bertrand. The film is almost entirely composed of aerial shots of various places around Earth, taken in over 50 countries in the process. It shows the diversity of life on Earth and how humanity is threatening the ecological balance of the planet. The movie was released simultaneously on June 5 in cinemas all over the world, on DVD, TV and on YouTube. Released on the same date in 181 countries is a world record for any film release in history. The film was financed by PPR, a French multinational holding company specializing in retail shops and luxury brands."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_(documentary)

http://www.home-2009.com/us/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/homeproject

You can watch it for free HD!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 26.06.2009, 12:40
sharkey's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lausanne (Previously)
Posts: 781
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 1,107 Times in 500 Posts
sharkey has a reputation beyond reputesharkey has a reputation beyond reputesharkey has a reputation beyond reputesharkey has a reputation beyond reputesharkey has a reputation beyond reputesharkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

Quote:
View Post
Wikipedia:

"Home is a free-to-view 2009 documentary by Yann Arthus-Bertrand. The film is almost entirely composed of aerial shots of various places around Earth, taken in over 50 countries in the process. It shows the diversity of life on Earth and how humanity is threatening the ecological balance of the planet. The movie was released simultaneously on June 5 in cinemas all over the world, on DVD, TV and on YouTube. Released on the same date in 181 countries is a world record for any film release in history. The film was financed by PPR, a French multinational holding company specializing in retail shops and luxury brands."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_(documentary)

http://www.home-2009.com/us/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/homeproject

You can watch it for free HD!!!
I'd also like to complain about Yann Arthus-Bertrands new film "Home".

Sure, it's nice to look at. He flies around the world filming the most spectacular scenery and landscapes, while highlighting our impact on the ecology. But not once did I see my house.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 26.06.2009, 13:06
Blonaybear's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Blonay
Posts: 1,597
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 836 Times in 432 Posts
Blonaybear has a reputation beyond reputeBlonaybear has a reputation beyond reputeBlonaybear has a reputation beyond reputeBlonaybear has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

I want to complain about…………….er……….um.........

I’ll come back later.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 26.06.2009, 13:14
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Meta-complaint...

Quote:
View Post
Nobody made you come to this forum so why are you complaining?

If you don't like it go back where you came from.
I can't go back yet, because my mission here (that of educating people
about subordinate clauses, the place of parenthesis and appropriate use
of the comma) is not yet complete.

Very clearly, not by a long chalk.
.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 26.06.2009, 13:14
Louis Wu's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: varied, now Nouvelle Normandie
Posts: 1,027
Groaned at 24 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 907 Times in 455 Posts
Louis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond reputeLouis Wu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

I wish to complain about my lunch. It was too short and totally devoid of alcohol or any other intoxicating substances. It is also too hot here, there is too much noise coming through the windows and the bird singing nonsense is a disgrace, I can't understand a note of it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 26.06.2009, 13:18
Natasha's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St Anton am Arlberg, Austria
Posts: 2,737
Groaned at 61 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,167 Posts
Natasha has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha has a reputation beyond reputeNatasha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

I also have nothing to complain about...

But being Friday, I am definitely on the hunt for some free beer
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 26.06.2009, 13:19
zyxel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 275
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 183 Times in 132 Posts
zyxel has made some interesting contributions
Re: Meta-complaint...

Quote:
View Post
I want to complain about the club in Lausanne that continued serving me drinks last night, even though it was quite evident that I would have to come to work today. They totally neglected their moral duty to ensure that I would not be hungover, all just to make a few extra bucks. They even went so far as to ensure that my hangover wouldn't kick in till about 10 o'clock, and that up to that point, I'd be borderline drunk. And late for work. It's a shagging disgrace.
Quote:
View Post
I hate my life and want to die. You're all idiots. lol. Anybody know the time? jyhfsodhfnoasidhvjn
Were you together in the club
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 26.06.2009, 13:19
Castro's Avatar
à la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Basel-Land of Smiles
Posts: 5,314
Groaned at 106 Times in 84 Posts
Thanked 15,612 Times in 5,010 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meta-complaint...

I want to complain about being told to use the search button before I post... would a GP ask a patient to look up their ailment on the net before wasting their time?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
complaint poor quality




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Take this dog complaint serious? fredsan Pet corner 26 16.04.2016 11:50
Complaint about Dog 2CH Housing in general 9 28.05.2009 17:49
more of a bewilderment then complaint sabs Complaints corner 12 02.12.2008 18:01
Online meta search engines for air travel Sagar_KD Travel/day trips/free time 5 17.11.2008 15:53
need help with filing complaint neerajana Complaints corner 18 13.09.2007 18:17


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0