Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #941  
Old 21.09.2008, 09:29
Talkietoaster's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Basel
Posts: 147
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 70 Times in 41 Posts
Talkietoaster has made some interesting contributions
Re: YouTube Of The Day

I guess somebody *had* to try, eventually:



Reply With Quote
  #942  
Old 21.09.2008, 20:11
Hsiang's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Schwingapore
Posts: 1,032
Groaned at 10 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 705 Times in 372 Posts
Hsiang has a reputation beyond reputeHsiang has a reputation beyond reputeHsiang has a reputation beyond reputeHsiang has a reputation beyond reputeHsiang has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YouTube Of The Day

the Watchmen film, based on the Alan Moore graphic novel, coming to threatres in jan 2009.

Reply With Quote
  #943  
Old 21.09.2008, 21:17
swissotter's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ZH
Posts: 2,287
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 3,337 Times in 1,386 Posts
swissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Palin thread .. no not Michael

michaelpalinforpresident

brilliant....

Reply With Quote
  #944  
Old 22.09.2008, 00:11
PatriciaNBern's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bern
Posts: 128
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 73 Times in 39 Posts
PatriciaNBern has earned some respectPatriciaNBern has earned some respect
Re: YouTube Of The Day

lol, now that was funny, i only got a 3rd of the way through but cant stop laughing... thank you
Reply With Quote
  #945  
Old 22.09.2008, 09:31
nksyoon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: formerly Zürich
Posts: 446
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 246 Times in 139 Posts
nksyoon has an excellent reputationnksyoon has an excellent reputationnksyoon has an excellent reputationnksyoon has an excellent reputation
Re: YouTube Of The Day

From the Guardian's weekly sports videos blog - Former F1 driver Riccardo Patrese takes his wife for a drive round a race track in a Civic Type R.

Careful with the volume on this...

Reply With Quote
  #946  
Old 22.09.2008, 10:07
Rob's Avatar
Rob Rob is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Baden AG
Posts: 463
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,337 Times in 520 Posts
Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YouTube Of The Day

A third party candidate has emerged that may split the conservative vote is the US election

Reply With Quote
  #947  
Old 23.09.2008, 22:09
Castro's Avatar
à la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,586
Groaned at 117 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 16,660 Times in 5,304 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Burning MercuryThiocyanide

Burning MercuryThiocyanide

Reply With Quote
  #948  
Old 24.09.2008, 15:44
NicM's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: zurich
Posts: 489
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 191 Times in 115 Posts
NicM has a reputation beyond reputeNicM has a reputation beyond reputeNicM has a reputation beyond reputeNicM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YouTube Of The Day

astrophysics 101... (from NME)


Reply With Quote
  #949  
Old 24.09.2008, 20:10
Deep Purple's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,260
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 5,262 Times in 2,558 Posts
Deep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Burning MercuryThiocyanide

Quote:
View Post
Burning MercuryThiocyanide
Is that the stuff that used to be in the 'Mount Vesuvius' Indoor Fireworks?

The name you have quoted makes it sound rather alarming. I wonder what fumes it gives off.

Rod
Reply With Quote
  #950  
Old 24.09.2008, 20:13
vwild1
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Burning MercuryThiocyanide

Quote:
View Post
I wonder what fumes it gives off.
None you want to enjoy the aroma of...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury(II)_thiocyanate
Reply With Quote
  #951  
Old 24.09.2008, 20:32
Deep Purple's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,260
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 5,262 Times in 2,558 Posts
Deep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Burning MercuryThiocyanide

Quote:
View Post
None you want to enjoy the aroma of...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury(II)_thiocyanate
And to think that we used to sit round the table watching these at Christmas etc.

Rod
Reply With Quote
  #952  
Old 26.09.2008, 00:26
higgybaby's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,042
Groaned at 44 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 815 Times in 422 Posts
higgybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond reputehiggybaby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YouTube Of The Day

Blonde Swedish Twin Girls Go Wild in the Fast Lane....
Saw this on tonight's BBC news and was shocked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7636577.stm

"On no account miss this documentary, which was originally scheduled for last week.
It opens with what is perhaps the most extraordinary footage I've seen on TV - although it's not cars or juggernauts that led to the M6 being closed in both directions back in May this year.
The culprits were two pedestrians - Swedish sisters, walking alongside the motorway.

Although this is an offence, it's not unusual. But their reaction when officers Paul Finlayson and Tracey Cope stopped to have a word with them defies belief.
As the girls decide to make a run for it, what happens next might just remind anyone who watched Heroes of a certain shatter-proof cheerleader..."
( www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertainment/tv/todays-tv/2008/09/25/we-love-factual-motorway-cops-115875-20752093/ )

Not on Youtube yet and not fuuny but newsworthy (4 months later)
Reply With Quote
  #953  
Old 26.09.2008, 00:35
Deep Purple's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,260
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 5,262 Times in 2,558 Posts
Deep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YouTube Of The Day

Quote:
View Post
Blonde Swedish Twin Girls Go Wild in the Fast Lane....
Saw this on tonight's BBC news and was shocked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7636577.stm

"On no account miss this documentary, which was originally scheduled for last week.
It opens with what is perhaps the most extraordinary footage I've seen on TV - although it's not cars or juggernauts that led to the M6 being closed in both directions back in May this year.
The culprits were two pedestrians - Swedish sisters, walking alongside the motorway.

Although this is an offence, it's not unusual. But their reaction when officers Paul Finlayson and Tracey Cope stopped to have a word with them defies belief.
As the girls decide to make a run for it, what happens next might just remind anyone who watched Heroes of a certain shatter-proof cheerleader..."
( www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertainment/tv/todays-tv/2008/09/25/we-love-factual-motorway-cops-115875-20752093/ )

Not on Youtube yet and not fuuny but newsworthy (4 months later)
I saw this as well and it defied belief. I could not comprehend what the girls must have been thinking of.

The strength of the one who got up after being hit by a car on the motorway was unbelievable. It took 6 officers to restrain her when she got up and ran away across the motorway for the second time. They showed remarkable restraint.

Rod
Reply With Quote
  #954  
Old 26.09.2008, 00:51
PatriciaNBern's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bern
Posts: 128
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 73 Times in 39 Posts
PatriciaNBern has earned some respectPatriciaNBern has earned some respect
Re: YouTube Of The Day

Quote:
View Post
Blonde Swedish Twin Girls Go Wild in the Fast Lane....
Saw this on tonight's BBC news and was shocked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7636577.stm

"On no account miss this documentary, which was originally scheduled for last week.
It opens with what is perhaps the most extraordinary footage I've seen on TV - although it's not cars or juggernauts that led to the M6 being closed in both directions back in May this year.
The culprits were two pedestrians - Swedish sisters, walking alongside the motorway.

Although this is an offence, it's not unusual. But their reaction when officers Paul Finlayson and Tracey Cope stopped to have a word with them defies belief.
As the girls decide to make a run for it, what happens next might just remind anyone who watched Heroes of a certain shatter-proof cheerleader..."
( www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertainment/tv/todays-tv/2008/09/25/we-love-factual-motorway-cops-115875-20752093/ )

Not on Youtube yet and not fuuny but newsworthy (4 months later)
I think this belongs on Fail of the Day.
Reply With Quote
  #955  
Old 28.09.2008, 14:43
Caleb's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,101
Groaned at 14 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 1,955 Times in 766 Posts
Caleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond reputeCaleb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YouTube Of The Day

I was wondering if this should go here or in the WTF of the day, but what the heck:

Reply With Quote
  #956  
Old 28.09.2008, 19:38
PatriciaNBern's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bern
Posts: 128
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 73 Times in 39 Posts
PatriciaNBern has earned some respectPatriciaNBern has earned some respect
Re: YouTube Of The Day

Quote:
View Post
I was wondering if this should go here or in the WTF of the day, but what the heck:

Now that one had me rolling.
Reply With Quote
  #957  
Old 29.09.2008, 21:24
Rob's Avatar
Rob Rob is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Baden AG
Posts: 463
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,337 Times in 520 Posts
Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YouTube Of The Day

Scenes outside Lehman Brothers on Tuesday (you need sound)

Reply With Quote
  #958  
Old 01.10.2008, 11:17
cyrus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Emmenbruecke
Posts: 2,904
Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,513 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YouTube Of The Day

Peter Cook as the Prime Minister from Whoops Apocalypse.
Reply With Quote
  #959  
Old 02.10.2008, 17:02
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: OOO
Posts: 3,728
Groaned at 79 Times in 55 Posts
Thanked 1,683 Times in 1,017 Posts
Sada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond reputeSada has a reputation beyond repute
Re: YouTube Of The Day


Why doesn't the helicopter crash ?


Reply With Quote
  #960  
Old 02.10.2008, 17:14
vwild1
 
Posts: n/a
Re: YouTube Of The Day

Quote:
View Post
Why doesn't the helicopter crash ?
because it's a lighter than air optical illusion..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
asian recipe, cooking, easy recipe, facial exercises, funny, italian recipe, youtube, youtube bored videos




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cycling Youtube of the Day Yokine Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 40 11.10.2011 19:55
New Youtube PaperMoon2 General off-topic 2 08.03.2010 10:01
Your own youtube of the day.. AlZurich General off-topic 1 19.07.2009 14:25


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0