Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #601  
Old 28.02.2011, 11:39
summerrain's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 4,350
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 985 Times in 325 Posts
summerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
Well if a man if afraid of a woman's success (we are not talking driven in the sense described by DB above, which is very different) then what does that say about him?
Quote:
View Post
So success of a woman is more scary than her intelligence....
It takes a certain special breed of man to keep up with women who are the highly intelligent and succesful types.

Some narrow minded people will think that he is a wimp, henpecked etc etc but in my eyes, such men are the rarest of gems and a refreshing change from all those big egos out there today. Not only do they appreciate you being intelligent, and sometimes more successful than he is, he will encourage you to pursue your dreams even further, and even brag about your success to friends and family. Having said that, in order to make the partnership work fully, the said woman needs to respect the man and not let success go to her head and behave like an outright biatch.

Once these two souls find each other amidst the big sea of egos out there, its a powerful combination. To such men out there, I salute you!
__________________
Remember when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, BUT it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b****-slap the mother-f***er upside the head.
Reply With Quote
  #602  
Old 28.02.2011, 12:34
Nelly_Da_Hefferlump's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 767
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 876 Times in 356 Posts
Nelly_Da_Hefferlump has a reputation beyond reputeNelly_Da_Hefferlump has a reputation beyond reputeNelly_Da_Hefferlump has a reputation beyond reputeNelly_Da_Hefferlump has a reputation beyond reputeNelly_Da_Hefferlump has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
To such men out there, I salute you!
Why thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #603  
Old 28.02.2011, 12:55
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
It takes a certain special breed of man to keep up with women who are the highly intelligent and succesful types.

Some narrow minded people will think that he is a wimp, henpecked etc etc but in my eyes, such men are the rarest of gems and a refreshing change from all those big egos out there today. Not only do they appreciate you being intelligent, and sometimes more successful than he is, he will encourage you to pursue your dreams even further, and even brag about your success to friends and family. Having said that, in order to make the partnership work fully, the said woman needs to respect the man and not let success go to her head and behave like an outright biatch.

Once these two souls find each other amidst the big sea of egos out there, its a powerful combination. To such men out there, I salute you!
Absolutely. Agreed too with MathNut that intelligence is not at all about IQ tests or even official qualifications, PhDs, etc - it is about sharing ideas, thoughts, on a 'par' but with all our differences, somehow. I find money/power/possessions, etc. driven people very unpleasant - but I fail to see why this is more unpleasant in women than in men, for instance.
Reply With Quote
  #604  
Old 28.02.2011, 15:12
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

The truth of the matter is that women are much more intelligent in some matters, and men in others. Generally, women tend to be more emotionally intelligent, while men are more technically intelligent. Of course, exceptions apply. But admitting that the woman is more intelligent in some area shows that there is room in the relationship for the woman to be herself. Dudes, this is really when women are at their sexiest.
Reply With Quote
  #605  
Old 28.02.2011, 15:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 11,313
Groaned at 399 Times in 325 Posts
Thanked 17,289 Times in 8,746 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
- but I fail to see why this is more unpleasant in women than in men, for instance.
Perhaps for the same reason I could not settle for a less intelligent, non-ambitious man. Well, ambition has nothing to do with possessions or power here.
Reply With Quote
  #606  
Old 28.02.2011, 15:41
ximix's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK (formerly Zurich)
Posts: 2,098
Groaned at 22 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,179 Posts
ximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
The truth of the matter is that women are much more intelligent in some matters, and men in others. Generally, women tend to be more emotionally intelligent, while men are more technically intelligent. Of course, exceptions apply. But admitting that the woman is more intelligent in some area shows that there is room in the relationship for the woman to be herself. Dudes, this is really when women are at their sexiest.
An ex-BF could do with reading this. Very intelligent, ambitious and driven man with a great sense of humour and other really nice qualities. All good. But, would never admit when wrong or that I was more knowledgeable on some things than him. Not a chance. Result = BIG FAIL.
Reply With Quote
  #607  
Old 28.02.2011, 15:54
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
An ex-BF could do with reading this. Very intelligent, ambitious and driven man with a great sense of humour and other really nice qualities. All good. But, would never admit when wrong or that I was more knowledgeable on some things than him. Not a chance. Result = BIG FAIL.
I imagine that is more frustrating than feeling ignored. It probably is not much different from feeling ignored.
Reply With Quote
  #608  
Old 28.02.2011, 16:05
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,150
Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,955 Times in 2,235 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
An ex-BF could do with reading this. Very intelligent, ambitious and driven man with a great sense of humour and other really nice qualities. All good. But, would never admit when wrong or that I was more knowledgeable on some things than him. Not a chance. Result = BIG FAIL.

I once heard a great line on this topic of arugments and dissagreements: The best match is when you love somebody enough to sacrifice your own ego. Anyone else is just self-centered and pathetic.
Reply With Quote
  #609  
Old 28.02.2011, 16:11
SherryLady's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 62
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
SherryLady has no particular reputation at present
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

- I know this adonis, date him, and he will give you the answer to your desperate question -

Im young (very) and been in Switzerland nearly 3 years... Still single But not looking so makes it easier hehehehe
Head to the other side of the world and then south and its a completely different breed of males
Reply With Quote
  #610  
Old 28.02.2011, 16:15
ximix's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK (formerly Zurich)
Posts: 2,098
Groaned at 22 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,179 Posts
ximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
I once heard a great line on this topic of arugments and dissagreements: The best match is when you love somebody enough to sacrifice your own ego. Anyone else is just self-centered and pathetic.
Awesome! Thanks. Reading this and other recent really helpful posts on this thread is helping me put full and proper closure on that relationship.
Reply With Quote
  #611  
Old 28.02.2011, 16:26
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,150
Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,955 Times in 2,235 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
Awesome! Thanks. Reading this and other recent really helpful posts on this thread is helping me put full and proper closure on that relationship.

Glad I can help---but don't forget, it works both ways.

I had a fabulous relationship for well over a decade, and we had a ton of fights and arguements (two very different peoples, very strong opinions and extremely intelligent --at least I've been told so). All the arguements which could have been stalemates ended up with one of us backing down and realizing one difference of opinions has no relevance on 10 years of togetherness. As long as we took turned backing down, things were great!
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 28.02.2011, 17:07
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Graubünden
Posts: 636
Groaned at 69 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 421 Times in 255 Posts
Wasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputation
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Forget dating, even the state relationships and marriages are in dire state in Switzerland and elsewhere. Just as of late I've heard about enough breakups and came across so many single girls who actually are looking for a relationship. And these are really pretty and nice girls I am talking about. I could not see any reason why they were single and they would even bend over backwards for the right guy!

One girl said "This situation will have to change" as in like a Social revolution or something as it cannot carry on. I would'nt be surprised as its getting to seriously unhealthy levels. Men need to Man up and take responsibility and get sensible. Some if nto most, men have just turned into aholes who just want to score with a girl and brag about it afterwards with friends.

Also, in my observation, most relationshiips are just about surviving and girls are not quite happy perfectly, they just dont have a better choice. For them it boils down to either having a relationship/marriage or not.

As for dating, Swiss girls are not unapproachable or difficult, on the contrary I think they are quite faithful. Hence they want to see the guy actually put in some effort to approach them, rather than looking for a easy quickie.
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 28.02.2011, 17:20
Begga's Avatar
RIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Basel [Quality not Quantity]
Posts: 2,280
Groaned at 31 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 2,879 Times in 1,067 Posts
Begga has a reputation beyond reputeBegga has a reputation beyond reputeBegga has a reputation beyond reputeBegga has a reputation beyond reputeBegga has a reputation beyond reputeBegga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
Men need to Man up and take responsibility and get sensible. Some if nto most, men have just turned into aholes who just want to score with a girl and brag about it afterwards with friends.
I assume, since you're a man, this applies to you too?
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 28.02.2011, 17:26
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Graubünden
Posts: 636
Groaned at 69 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 421 Times in 255 Posts
Wasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputation
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
I assume, since you're a man, this applies to you too?
Not really, with my smooth and wicked Charms, I can get away with it

But why did you groan me? What did I say wrong? I mean the post without involving my personality as you can never know?!
Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old 28.02.2011, 17:31
ximix's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK (formerly Zurich)
Posts: 2,098
Groaned at 22 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,179 Posts
ximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
Forget dating...
And a viable alternative for the advancement of mankind would be? ...

Quote:
View Post
...Just as of late I've heard about enough breakups and came across so many single girls who actually are looking for a relationship. ...
There are just as many nice, decent guys out there looking as well.

Often, I think it's about managing expectations on both sides. Some simply set their sights too high (all the while forgetting where they themself may be lacking) and if, for example, one box ain't checked on their mega-list of sought after attributes for their desired "Mr" or "Ms" Right then it just ain't happening. Result = No dates or relationships that don't last long IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #616  
Old 28.02.2011, 17:31
lux_interior's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: over the hills and far away
Posts: 151
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 169 Times in 85 Posts
lux_interior has a reputation beyond reputelux_interior has a reputation beyond reputelux_interior has a reputation beyond reputelux_interior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
One girl said "This situation will have to change" as in like a Social revolution or something as it cannot carry on. I would'nt be surprised as its getting to seriously unhealthy levels. Men need to Man up and take responsibility and get sensible. Some if nto most, men have just turned into aholes who just want to score with a girl and brag about it afterwards with friends.
Spengler’s Universal Law of Gender Parity:

"In every corner of the world and in every epoch of history, the men and women of every culture deserve each other."


In other words, if you want a better man, be a better woman. And visa versa.
Reply With Quote
  #617  
Old 28.02.2011, 17:37
Begga's Avatar
RIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Basel [Quality not Quantity]
Posts: 2,280
Groaned at 31 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 2,879 Times in 1,067 Posts
Begga has a reputation beyond reputeBegga has a reputation beyond reputeBegga has a reputation beyond reputeBegga has a reputation beyond reputeBegga has a reputation beyond reputeBegga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
But why did you groan me? What did I say wrong? I mean the post without involving my personality as you can never know?!
Your stereotypic attitude is a bit
Reply With Quote
  #618  
Old 28.02.2011, 17:38
Chemmie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,150
Groaned at 33 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 4,955 Times in 2,235 Posts
Chemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond reputeChemmie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
In other words, if you want a better man, be a better woman. And visa versa.
Very true. If I took the time to actually define every detail of what I would want in a perfect women (if I could choose), I find a description of a women who would want nothing to do with me . Yeah, I'm quite the Catch (22).
Reply With Quote
  #619  
Old 28.02.2011, 17:44
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Graubünden
Posts: 636
Groaned at 69 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 421 Times in 255 Posts
Wasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputation
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
And a viable alternative for the advancement of mankind would be? ...
I meant dating is just the beginnign and a small step in comparision with having a lasting relationship. People who are inept at finding a date are usually inept at having a relationship too, I would say.

Quote:
View Post
There are just as many nice, decent guys out there looking as well.

Often, I think it's about managing expectations on both sides. Some simply set their sights too high (all the while forgetting where they themself may be lacking) and if, for example, one box ain't checked on their mega-list of sought after attributes for their desired "Mr" or "Ms" Right then it just ain't happening. Result = No dates or relationships that don't last long IMHO.
Decent, nice guys with unrealistic tick boxes or have set their sights too high, which is stopping them from having a relationship, does not sound much decent or sensible to me.

You dont have to be decent and nice to have a relationship. Being a model citizen is sometimes different from being a model partner in a relationship. Women are driven by feelings and they can even fall in love with a conman!

Quote:
View Post
Spengler’s Universal Law of Gender Parity:

"In every corner of the world and in every epoch of history, the men and women of every culture deserve each other."


In other words, if you want a better man, be a better woman. And visa versa.
You could be right but call me old fashioned, as I would still say it has more to do with Men taking responsibility or maybe I know too little.
Reply With Quote
  #620  
Old 28.02.2011, 17:46
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Graubünden
Posts: 636
Groaned at 69 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 421 Times in 255 Posts
Wasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputation
Re: Why is it so hard to find a date in Zurich?! (hope my friends wont kill me)

Quote:
View Post
Your stereotypic attitude is a bit
Whatever that means, but I was only saying what I had heard from other girls.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dating, love, parship, singles, zurich




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finding Birthday and greeting cards hard to find? Sutter General off-topic 3 11.05.2013 12:32
want to find new friends Anna Marie Matthey Introductions 11 28.06.2011 14:51
Swiss Chocolate, I don't understand it? its so hard to find. Javo Complaints corner 104 09.12.2009 12:13
I need to find some Friends! GerryB Introductions 0 18.04.2007 13:56


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0