Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic
View Poll Results: Do you have a PS3 and if so.....
Yes I have one, it's excellent 155 42.70%
Yes I have one but I'm disappointed 16 4.41%
No, they're too expensive right now 90 24.79%
No, I would not consider one 102 28.10%
Voters: 363. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 05.11.2007, 10:43
larrylizzard's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 582
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 191 Times in 119 Posts
larrylizzard has earned some respectlarrylizzard has earned some respect
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

I have the same problem, but i can read/speak German.

you should be able to donwload it, that is cheeky.

I guess your only other option is to buy it through Amazon.co.uk

What do you think of Fifa?
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 05.11.2007, 10:51
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,065
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,028 Times in 1,174 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Quote:
View Post
And I suppose you know specific terms like "step over" in deutsch. Ordering the shopping, etc is easy. Specific footballing terms require more effort.
Well, German being my mother-tongue, I don't have the problem. But as I have lived in other countries for extensive periods of time, I fail to understand why people continue to complain about manuals, street signs, menus etc. not being in their mother-tongue.

Anyway, to return to the topic: at least the game comes with a manual. I recently purchased "Warhawk" from the PS3 online-store. I eventually even found a PDF-manual on the internet - but it's so bad, I still have no idea how to play the game...

dawiz
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 05.11.2007, 11:06
larrylizzard's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 582
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 191 Times in 119 Posts
larrylizzard has earned some respectlarrylizzard has earned some respect
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

dawiz,

I think youve missed the point. The main point Cata1yst was making is that you should be able to download a manual for free, rather than paying 3 pounds for it.

Bottom line if you need the manual you would have already bought and paid for the game, so why charge us twice?

Thats what I understood anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 05.11.2007, 11:56
dawiz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 4,065
Groaned at 96 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 2,028 Times in 1,174 Posts
dawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond reputedawiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Quote:
View Post
I think youve missed the point. The main point Cata1yst was making is that you should be able to download a manual for free, rather than paying 3 pounds for it.
I fully agree with that - and it's not just a language issue. If you lose the manual, they cash in as well.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 05.11.2007, 11:59
Cata1yst
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Quote:
View Post
dawiz,

I think youve missed the point. The main point Cata1yst was making is that you should be able to download a manual for free, rather than paying 3 pounds for it.

Bottom line if you need the manual you would have already bought and paid for the game, so why charge us twice?

Thats what I understood anyway.
Yup spot on...I've paid 100chf once for a legit copy, why should I pay again?

They should replace the manual free of charge. it's mint condition just the wrong language. Thing is I can actually read the german + french, just specifics I'm having problems with.

Fifa 2008 is very pretty a lot of depth to it, not really had time to get into it, but looks/plays well. has a annoying habit of picking the wrong player when defending.

I have warhawk too, no problems with that
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05.11.2007, 15:13
DanielL's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: The Casino Wiedikon
Posts: 781
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 87 Times in 50 Posts
DanielL has made some interesting contributions
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

So do you lot want to friend-up for some online gaming? My online Id is "AliensForTea" (Aliens for Breakfast was too long even without the spaces).

Now my big question; years ago my household owned a Nintendo 64 with Goldeneye. This had a 4-player split screen option. Not as clever as 20 people online for sure, but the point is that all the players were sitting next to each other and could see each other's face when they won/lost. It was fantastic fun.

Does anybody know of anything similar on the PS3, or are all 4 player games over the network? Hearing somebody yelling over a pair of headphones just isn't the same...
__________________
Rhinoceroses don't play games. They charge your ass
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05.11.2007, 15:24
Cata1yst
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Quote:
View Post
So do you lot want to friend-up for some online gaming? My online Id is "AliensForTea" (Aliens for Breakfast was too long even without the spaces).

Now my big question; years ago my household owned a Nintendo 64 with Goldeneye. This had a 4-player split screen option. Not as clever as 20 people online for sure, but the point is that all the players were sitting next to each other and could see each other's face when they won/lost. It was fantastic fun.

Does anybody know of anything similar on the PS3, or are all 4 player games over the network? Hearing somebody yelling over a pair of headphones just isn't the same...
Eye toy is coming out soon, hook that with singstar should be funny, drunken friday night karoke with images...

Resistance is a good multiplayer, but expect to last no more than x2 seconds..without getting shot

Try www.threespeech.com should give you all you need to know..

Fifa I'm sure you can play leagues, motorstorm is another one multiplayer

Video feeds are not really around at the moment...but just around the corner.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05.11.2007, 15:24
Cata1yst
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Quote:
View Post
So do you lot want to friend-up for some online gaming? My online Id is "AliensForTea" (Aliens for Breakfast was too long even without the spaces).

Now my big question; years ago my household owned a Nintendo 64 with Goldeneye. This had a 4-player split screen option. Not as clever as 20 people online for sure, but the point is that all the players were sitting next to each other and could see each other's face when they won/lost. It was fantastic fun.

Does anybody know of anything similar on the PS3, or are all 4 player games over the network? Hearing somebody yelling over a pair of headphones just isn't the same...
Mine is rudyksr btw (on-line id)
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 05.11.2007, 15:24
cyrus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Emmenbruecke
Posts: 2,895
Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,366 Times in 1,473 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Quote:
View Post
So do you lot want to friend-up for some online gaming? My online Id is "AliensForTea" (Aliens for Breakfast was too long even without the spaces).

Now my big question; years ago my household owned a Nintendo 64 with Goldeneye. This had a 4-player split screen option. Not as clever as 20 people online for sure, but the point is that all the players were sitting next to each other and could see each other's face when they won/lost. It was fantastic fun.

Does anybody know of anything similar on the PS3, or are all 4 player games over the network? Hearing somebody yelling over a pair of headphones just isn't the same...
Resistance has a four player split screen option.

Also Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube used to do it, so I presume the PS2 version would as well.

You should join us for our games nights in Luzern one night. We had Goldeneye rigged up to a projector with 4 controllers just the other week!

Last edited by cyrus; 05.11.2007 at 15:34. Reason: Pedant
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 05.11.2007, 15:25
larrylizzard's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 582
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 191 Times in 119 Posts
larrylizzard has earned some respectlarrylizzard has earned some respect
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

well you can play games with lots of people you just need the controllers. I think it might be a 4 person limit unless you buy some kind of extra controller adaptor, although im not 100% on that.

You just need a good game.

Dan, the game you played at mine, you could have 4 or more people playing together in a similar but more futuristic way.

So what games did you get?
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 05.11.2007, 15:29
Cata1yst
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Quote:
View Post
well you can play games with lots of people you just need the controllers. I think it might be a 4 person limit unless you buy some kind of extra controller adaptor, although im not 100% on that.

You just need a good game.

Dan, the game you played at mine, you could have 4 or more people playing together in a similar but more futuristic way.

So what games did you get?
PS3 controller limit is 7 last time I looked. The blu ray remote I have is hooked to channel 7 that last one....

Plus I wouldn't buy more than you need until next year when rumble returns (hooray!!!)
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 09.11.2007, 10:27
hugh_abu's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 830
Groaned at 60 Times in 42 Posts
Thanked 459 Times in 261 Posts
hugh_abu has an excellent reputationhugh_abu has an excellent reputationhugh_abu has an excellent reputationhugh_abu has an excellent reputation
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

My username on the PS3 is suprisingly:

"hugh_abu"

Have added catalyst and danielL so far.

Anymore for anymore?



By the way if anyone needs to the official prem kits for Pro Evo, I have a great patch.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 09.11.2007, 10:32
cyrus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Emmenbruecke
Posts: 2,895
Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,366 Times in 1,473 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Quote:
View Post
My username on the PS3 is suprisingly:

"hugh_abu"

Have added catalyst and danielL so far.

Anymore for anymore?



By the way if anyone needs to the official prem kits for Pro Evo, I have a great patch.
Go on then.

"LordSutch"
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 09.11.2007, 10:53
flow23's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zürich
Posts: 2,884
Groaned at 82 Times in 65 Posts
Thanked 1,639 Times in 900 Posts
flow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond reputeflow23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

how does the online thing work? just plugging the cable? or ist there any other thing to manage? i don't have wireless lan, but i do have the modem etc.

i do only have EA fifa08, nba08, nhl08, fightnight.
are you playing those games?
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 09.11.2007, 11:06
cyrus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Emmenbruecke
Posts: 2,895
Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,366 Times in 1,473 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Quote:
View Post
how does the online thing work? just plugging the cable? or ist there any other thing to manage? i don't have wireless lan, but i do have the modem etc.

i do only have EA fifa08, nba08, nhl08, fightnight.
are you playing those games?
I just plugged in via ethernet cable to the router, I think there's an option on the XMB to join the PS Network, it was relatively painless, except I had to do in French.

The options were obvious though.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 09.11.2007, 11:08
cyrus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Emmenbruecke
Posts: 2,895
Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,366 Times in 1,473 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Quote:
View Post
i do only have EA fifa08, nba08, nhl08, fightnight.
are you playing those games?
Multiplayer, I got

Resistance,
Warhawk,
PES2008,
Calling all Cars,
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 09.11.2007, 12:02
Cata1yst
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Resistance Fall of Man
Motorstorm
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Tekken 5 HD (Soon Multiplayer Add-on, get in!)
Calling all cars
NHL 2K7
FIFA 2008
NBA 2K7
Warhawk

Haven't even played NBA for more than 5 mins, same with Virtua Fighter 5 (1080p that one!)

Fifa league looks possible def sat afternoon thing
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09.11.2007, 12:03
Cata1yst
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Quote:
View Post
My username on the PS3 is suprisingly:

"hugh_abu"

Have added catalyst and danielL so far.

Anymore for anymore?



By the way if anyone needs to the official prem kits for Pro Evo, I have a great patch.
you need "rudyksr" and not cata1yst
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09.11.2007, 12:43
hugh_abu's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 830
Groaned at 60 Times in 42 Posts
Thanked 459 Times in 261 Posts
hugh_abu has an excellent reputationhugh_abu has an excellent reputationhugh_abu has an excellent reputationhugh_abu has an excellent reputation
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Quote:
View Post
you need "rudyksr" and not cata1yst

Yeah no worries... already added rudyksr last night.

H
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 29.11.2007, 15:07
hugh_abu's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 830
Groaned at 60 Times in 42 Posts
Thanked 459 Times in 261 Posts
hugh_abu has an excellent reputationhugh_abu has an excellent reputationhugh_abu has an excellent reputationhugh_abu has an excellent reputation
Re: [General discussion of] PS3

Just bought the following games secondhand in the UK:
  • Assasin's Creed
  • The new Tony Hawks jobby
  • Virtua Tennis 3
Anyone got these and enjoyed them?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playstation, playstation3, ps3, video games




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driving to/from UK: Routes, advice, discussion swissotter Transportation/driving 222 17.10.2017 18:20
Winter tyres - regulations and discussion HAT Transportation/driving 325 28.11.2014 12:45


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0