Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > General off-topic  
View Poll Results: Hairy armpit like it or hate it.
Love it, natural is good! 12 10.34%
Hate it, ewww! 88 75.86%
Could care less either way 16 13.79%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 31.10.2010, 14:37
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
@Nil, I thought Canadians considered themselves not to be American?!
Did I??? Shame on me!
Quote:
View Post
I know the extreme too: I've got a cousin who was heavily pregnant, her water broke and she started using her epilator: because the doctors and nurses at the hospital could have seen her having couple of hairs on her legs
I mean, c'mon..wouldn't be the last thing to think of in those moments??
This is not to say I'm for "au naturel"...I think it's not feminine..
Eeeeeh! When my water broke, I had 42 hours to kill before the delivery... The water broke at midnight and I didn't go to the hopistal before 6h am. I took time to do my bag, take a shower, trim and chat on the forum. It is not like the water breaks and right away the contractions begin and you have to rush to the hospital screaming murder.

I don't like hair on me, I get rid of everything except hair, eyebrows and eyelashes. The rest is gone, out, nada.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 31.10.2010, 15:05
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,933
Groaned at 184 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 8,570 Times in 2,876 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

On a side note - the amount of women I hear say things like "I don't want my boyfriend to catch me with stubble but I don't always have time to shave, so we don't have sex then" or "I won't have the lights on because I don't want him to see my wobbly belly" or any other thing that clearly shows said lady does not feel good enough the way god made her is increasing. I find this very sad and it's not just fashion magazines - guys are joining in on the body Nazi trend because somehow, somewhere, a sense of proportion has been lost. If you want happy women, stop being so blooming authoritarian about our appearance, to be honest I salute girls who dare not to submit to the dogma, it makes them intriguing. Certainly more intriguing than this bird I overheard in a pub who was discussing having surgery "down there" because she felt she didn't fit what is acceptable.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 31.10.2010, 15:18
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: At home
Posts: 4,167
Groaned at 208 Times in 133 Posts
Thanked 6,403 Times in 2,719 Posts
Faltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond reputeFaltrad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Frankly, if the guys were more honnest and more open about what makes them get a hard on, the women would feel a huge wave a reinsurance. I find heterosexual male very much double-mouthed about female beauty. You'll never have anybody tell you that they get arroused by your odor, not perfume, smell (same with big ass, hairyness, sloppy intimate parts or small feet) so they will just lie about it and the woman does the wrong thing by refreshing herself with a kill-libido-rose-smelling-deo. Girls, it's not sexy to smell like a clean toilet.
But it is definitelly not the women's fault. They can only deal with the infos they get. however, if a girl has a strong feeling about hairs on her or partner, the guys who want to date (read: f***) her will have to accept that and enjoy or just go away.
__________________
Es wird nichts ausgelassen, um mich hier herauszuekeln. Ein Lehrbuch. False accusations and attacks continue. There is no stopping righteous people when they are wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 31.10.2010, 15:24
Peg A's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 4,422
Groaned at 158 Times in 125 Posts
Thanked 5,428 Times in 2,510 Posts
Peg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post
On a side note - the amount of women I hear say things like "I don't want my boyfriend to catch me with stubble but I don't always have time to shave, so we don't have sex then" or "I won't have the lights on because I don't want him to see my wobbly belly" or any other thing that clearly shows said lady does not feel good enough the way god made her is increasing. I find this very sad and it's not just fashion magazines - guys are joining in on the body Nazi trend because somehow, somewhere, a sense of proportion has been lost. If you want happy women, stop being so blooming authoritarian about our appearance, to be honest I salute girls who dare not to submit to the dogma, it makes them intriguing. Certainly more intriguing than this bird I overheard in a pub who was discussing having surgery "down there" because she felt she didn't fit what is acceptable.

Ah, heck with the lights, I won't unless the lights ARE on.

Well, it's not an issue anymore, being married and all BUT an ex - with whom I shared an abode - taught me quite well that there are definite reasons that you want the lights ON. Creepy crawly reasons. (Hence the "ex" status)
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 31.10.2010, 15:27
olympe's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hong Kong now Bern before
Posts: 557
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 245 Times in 156 Posts
olympe is considered knowledgeableolympe is considered knowledgeableolympe is considered knowledgeable
Re: Hairy women

I prefer a woman who goes natural to the one who shavesher whole pubic area for instance! it made me much more unconfortable.. to me , shaving the whole thing is linked to sickness and hospitals.. This is what surgeons do before having to go through surgery. And if the woman does that for her man,maybe it's a fantasm of being with a 12 year old girl ? sick!

And again, if only gyms here could have private changing rooms and shower cabins...


reminds me i have to clear my bush tonight..I'm more hairy here because i can't offered a nice spa every 5/6 weeks like I used before..have to do that myself now.. very boring.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 31.10.2010, 15:31
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,933
Groaned at 184 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 8,570 Times in 2,876 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post
I prefer a woman who goes natural to the one who shavesher whole pubic area for instance! it made me much more unconfortable.. to me , shaving the whole thing is linked to sickness and hospitals.. This is what surgeons do before having to go through surgery. And if the woman does that for her man,maybe it's a fantasm of being with a 12 year old girl ? sick!
I feel uncomfortable with all gone too, on both men and women. The only exception being men who are buff enough to have those "cuts" on their hips, baldness doesn't look quite so wrong then.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 31.10.2010, 16:11
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,716
Groaned at 1,283 Times in 858 Posts
Thanked 20,183 Times in 7,776 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post
I prefer a woman who goes natural to the one who shavesher whole pubic area for instance! it made me much more unconfortable.. to me , shaving the whole thing is linked to sickness and hospitals.. This is what surgeons do before having to go through surgery. And if the woman does that for her man,maybe it's a fantasm of being with a 12 year old girl ? sick!
Yeah of course, guys who like shaved women must have fantasies about 12-year old girls... great logic there.

Personally I just find it visually neater, and much easier/nicer for certain things.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 31.10.2010, 16:26
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,933
Groaned at 184 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 8,570 Times in 2,876 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post
Yeah of course, guys who like shaved women must have fantasies about 12-year old girls... great logic there.

Personally I just find it visually neater, and much easier/nicer for certain things.
Trimmed yes, some kind of shape, yes, but all off just feels depersonalised and child-like to me. Exceptions granted for those with tattoos or jewellery in that area, then it looks weird with hair. But it would not be a make-or-break thing, I think the only comment that would pass is that I prefer hair to stubble. I see how it makes sense to keep the "undercarriage" trimmed, definitely nicer for "certain things" as Richdog puts it. But on the other hand you have guys who are clamouring for more au naturale looks again (including in the paying sector). As I mentioned before, there is something daring about a woman who doesn't give a damn about what everyone else says...
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 31.10.2010, 17:06
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,716
Groaned at 1,283 Times in 858 Posts
Thanked 20,183 Times in 7,776 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post
there is something daring about a woman who doesn't give a damn about what everyone else says...
Then people are obviously giving body hair a bit too much thought. When I see an untrimmed woman I dont automatically think "Now there is a lady who we should praise for not following convention, this must reflect in other aspects of her life too", I just think: "Not a good look, much prefer it trim".

Trimmed body hair on a woman looks nicer and more feminine and shows someone cares about their appearence, that's all there is to it for me, and I don't associate it with any major life choices or direction. It's just body hair that either looks good, or doesn't.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 31.10.2010, 17:36
Peg A's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 4,422
Groaned at 158 Times in 125 Posts
Thanked 5,428 Times in 2,510 Posts
Peg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post
Then people are obviously giving body hair a bit too much thought. When I see an untrimmed woman I dont automatically think "Now there is a lady who we should praise for not following convention, this must reflect in other aspects of her life too", I just think: "Not a good look, much prefer it trim".

Trimmed body hair on a woman looks nicer and more feminine and shows someone cares about their appearence, that's all there is to it for me, and I don't associate it with any major life choices or direction. It's just body hair that either looks good, or doesn't.

I'm afraid I'm coming across a lot more experienced than I'd like but whatever.

Clean shaven, grown... those are the two choices men and I'd think that would be similar to the obvious choices for women too.

Stubble sucks.
Getting stubble burn on nose and chin is no fun so if you want what you want, either let it grow to be a bit softer OR keep it completely clean shaven. (Trimmed to a heart shape or whatever could be interesting as well, the main thing is NO STUBBLE EVER!)


Meanwhile, the curlier the hair, the better the idea is to simply let it grow. While a picture like this would be relatively obvious that it is ingrown hairs (happens to be a picture of facial hair btw), sometimes ingrown hairs look a lot more like something more contagious. I'd rather not have any question in my mind about what's up with those sore spots.

__________________
The Joys of Opticianry
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 31.10.2010, 17:38
MrVertigo's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 3,200
Groaned at 86 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 5,788 Times in 2,254 Posts
MrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Integral epilation is an ancient practice already described as ritual for pharaohs and priests. It was a sign of purity. In the middle-east, integral epilation is part of the wedding ritual both for female and male (only package area).
Nowadays in western societies epilation has been mainly practiced among sportsmen/women and was associated with well-being and healthy mind in a healthy body, its adoption has been then pushed among a certain category of the population. Media and sex industry played an important role in norming it.
It's a matter of taste, but I don't find it very exciting to caress a hairy leg or back. What is more worrying and has been mentioned in a previous post is the new trend of nymphoplasty.
__________________
Resist, support, donate: ACLU
They tried to bury us, they did not know that we are seeds (Mexican proverb)
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 31.10.2010, 17:44
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,716
Groaned at 1,283 Times in 858 Posts
Thanked 20,183 Times in 7,776 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post

Stubble sucks.
Getting stubble burn on nose and chin is no fun so if you want what you want, either let it grow to be a bit softer OR keep it completely clean shaven
But 1-2 day old manstubble looks so good.

Quote:
View Post
What is more worrying and has been mentioned in a previous post is the new trend of nymphoplasty.
It's not much different than getting a boob job in principle. If someone isn't happy with what they have (for example something abnormally large or small) then I guess they have every right to change it... and often it's only the person wanting the surgery who obsesses about it (part of body they dont like), others don't usually notice.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 31.10.2010, 17:59
MrVertigo's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 3,200
Groaned at 86 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 5,788 Times in 2,254 Posts
MrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post

It's not much different than getting a boob job in principle. If someone isn't happy with what they have (for example something abnormally large or small) then I guess they have every right to change it... and often it's only the person wanting the surgery who obsesses about it (part of body they dont like), others don't usually notice.
I think there are a few differences:

- plastic surgery has been so far involving visible areas (boobs, nose, chin, eyes, mouth, butt, etc...) where you have a social norm of what is beautiful and what is "ugly". Here we are speaking about a hidden a private area where there is no norm.

- if there is a physical problem, then surgery makes sense. But if it's for other reasons, then it's getting closer to a form of mutilation.

More and more young women/girls are taking real risks with such operations.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 31.10.2010, 18:04
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,716
Groaned at 1,283 Times in 858 Posts
Thanked 20,183 Times in 7,776 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post
I think there are a few differences:

- plastic surgery has been so far involving visible areas (boobs, nose, chin, eyes, mouth, butt, etc...) where you have a social norm of what is beautiful and what is "ugly". Here we are speaking about a hidden a private area where there is no norm.

- if there is a physical problem, then surgery makes sense. But if it's for other reasons, then it's getting closer to a form of mutilation.

More and more young women/girls are taking real risks with such operations.
And yet it's those hidden private areas which people have been obsessing about for centuries... men and penis size ring any bells? Medical science has reached a point where if we want to change something, we can. In the future as technology increases further it will likely be considered normal to change many things we couldn't in the past. As for comparing it to "a form of mutilation", well... I don't agreen, given that the person is looking to improve the look... but each to their own I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 31.10.2010, 18:08
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Hairy women

Has anybody mentioned problems with furballs yet?

No?

OK, I'll leave it, then...

(It was a long time ago, anyway...)
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 31.10.2010, 18:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,933
Groaned at 184 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 8,570 Times in 2,876 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post
I think there are a few differences:

- plastic surgery has been so far involving visible areas (boobs, nose, chin, eyes, mouth, butt, etc...) where you have a social norm of what is beautiful and what is "ugly". Here we are speaking about a hidden a private area where there is no norm.
There is a norm there too, thanks to pr0n: inner labia < outer labia. Which is actually the "rarer" setup. Apart from all the usual risks of an operation, risking loss of sensation in that area would never be worth it for me. And I resent the notion that we should all look the same.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 31.10.2010, 18:12
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,716
Groaned at 1,283 Times in 858 Posts
Thanked 20,183 Times in 7,776 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post
I resent the notion that we should all look the same.
People have been following social fashions and conventions for as long as they have existed... no-ones telling you that you have to look the same, but that doesn't stop people wanting to fit the ideal.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 31.10.2010, 18:26
MrVertigo's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 3,200
Groaned at 86 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 5,788 Times in 2,254 Posts
MrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Just had a smile at the thought of how Courbet's painting "Origine du Monde" would look like.....something clean like this one:
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 31.10.2010, 18:34
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,933
Groaned at 184 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 8,570 Times in 2,876 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post
People have been following social fashions and conventions for as long as they have existed... no-ones telling you that you have to look the same, but that doesn't stop people wanting to fit the ideal.
Yes, but we are playing the must fit in game at pro level these days. I find it exhausting, to be honest and in a way it's pathetic that (especially) women get labelled as unkempt or even disgusting because they choose (believe me, it's a conscious choice) not to spend an extra fifteen minutes in the shower every day, no matter how groomed the rest is or who she is as a person. I wish I had the nerve to say "sod it" rather than spend at least an hour exfoliating, scrubbing, defuzzing, repainting, moisturising and so on before I would even consider going on a date. I spend around ten percent of my income on my exterior (excluding clothes shopping), which is so shallow it's kind of embarrassing. In a way this whole appearance thing is just another form of controlling women, making sure their minds are not working on anything of real importance...
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 31.10.2010, 18:39
Peg A's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 4,422
Groaned at 158 Times in 125 Posts
Thanked 5,428 Times in 2,510 Posts
Peg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond reputePeg A has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hairy women

Quote:
View Post
Quote:
View Post

Stubble sucks.
Getting stubble burn on nose and chin is no fun so if you want what you want, either let it grow to be a bit softer OR keep it completely clean shaven
But 1-2 day old manstubble looks so good.

I didn't mean stubble burns from facial hair.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hairy armpit




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quince The hairy fat pear fruit The_Love_Doctor Daily life 33 16.10.2017 14:22
What's up with Swiss women? mikejones1 General off-topic 189 17.09.2014 01:46
Women... Upthehatters2008 Complaints corner 26 22.09.2010 10:40
The Hairy Bikers: cookery show BBC2 Ittigen Food and drink 1 05.05.2010 21:16
What women will do for shoes NYUMandy General off-topic 15 12.05.2009 12:54


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0