Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Housing in general  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 20.01.2011, 11:56
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
The reason is ...i am friends with a 20 something who is an Au pair in Germany, she recieves a measly 200 euro a month from her family and has to pay for her language course out of this ..you would be suprised western ladies, but there are woman out there that are in a lot worse situation than yourselves. In fact with the current state of divorce law many men are looking to alternatives to marriage ....

We can even outsource the wifes duties ..at a lower rate now ....
so what you are saying is: Let's take advantage of those poor girls in need....

How big of you...
  #22  
Old 20.01.2011, 11:59
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 17,039
Groaned at 649 Times in 502 Posts
Thanked 25,825 Times in 10,409 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
.... In fact with the current state of divorce law many men are looking to alternatives to marriage ....

We can even outsource the wifes duties ..at a lower rate now ....
I bet many women are too with blokes like you around
This user would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post:
  #23  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:01
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,755
Groaned at 419 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 18,256 Times in 5,655 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

I have a strong feeling, nr. 7, that just because you've gotten divorced, your life is not going to get better.
The following 3 users would like to thank olygirl for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:01
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 187
Groaned at 69 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 98 Times in 56 Posts
Number7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthy
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
so what you are saying is: Let's take advantage of those poor girls in need....

How big of you...
No ,what im saying is that instead of getting married again, which is usually a 10 year contract (costing roughly 500,000chf) ..id rather take a one year contract @ 5000chf ..commercial decision if you get my drift.
  #25  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:04
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: la cote
Posts: 3,660
Groaned at 22 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,741 Posts
runningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
It's not other people's business. The minimum wage in Switzerland is 3400 a month (or is it 3600?)..
I was just reading the other day that the Swiss federal gov't approved miminim wages for house cleaners very recently. Something like 18.50 chf per hour if minimum qualifications, going up to 20 chf with more experience/qualifications. Social deductions and some other things to be added of course.
This user would like to thank runningdeer for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:05
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Work in ZH, live in SZ
Posts: 12,347
Groaned at 363 Times in 293 Posts
Thanked 23,665 Times in 8,564 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
so what you are saying is: Let's take advantage of those poor girls in need....

How big of you...
All girls I know who became au pairs were quite far from "in need". They typically finished high school and did not want to rush into university directly but take a break. So instead, they decided to take a year to experience another culture. Move to another country and live with a family there. In exchange for the hospitality, you help with the housework and even get a small pocket money, so you do not cost your parents during said year. Yes, the question how much they should be working is a typical probelm with au pair families and I have heard that especially richer Swiss consider them to be "employees" and do not get the idea of it at all.
Again: they do not work for 200 Euros because they cannot find another job. And they definitely do not want to work fulltime for that money for a freshly divorced weirdo. I do not think that any half decent au pair agency would let a 20 year old girl move into your house. I am sure you went through a tough divorce, but your attitude towards women is really just wrong.
The following 13 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post:
  #27  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:07
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Work in ZH, live in SZ
Posts: 12,347
Groaned at 363 Times in 293 Posts
Thanked 23,665 Times in 8,564 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
I was just reading the other day that the Swiss federal gov't approved miminim wages for house cleaners very recently. Something like 18.50 chf per hour if minimum qualifications, going up to 20 chf with more experience/qualifications. Social deductions and some other things to be added of course.
Isn't that pretty exactly the number I posted if you calculate it with 8hrs a day and 20 working days a month?
  #28  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:10
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 187
Groaned at 69 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 98 Times in 56 Posts
Number7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthy
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
All girls I know who became au pairs were quite far from "in need". They typically finished high school and did not want to rush into university directly but take a break. So instead, they decided to take a year to experience another culture. Move to another country and live with a family there. In exchange for the hospitality, you help with the housework and even get a small pocket money, so you do not cost your parents during said year. Yes, the question how much they should be working is a typical probelm with au pair families and I have heard that especially richer Swiss consider them to be "employees" and do not get the idea of it at all.
Again: they do not work for 200 Euros because they cannot find another job. And they definitely do not want to work fulltime for that money for a freshly divorced weirdo. I do not think that any half decent au pair agency would let a 20 year old girl move into your house. I am sure you went through a tough divorce, but your attitude towards women is really just wrong.
Who said im a weirdo ...i could be a successful businessman in Switzerland with a lucrative salary , 2 girlfriends, 2 kids , lots of friends ..simply looking at the alternatives...
  #29  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:10
economisto
 
Posts: n/a
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
No ,what im saying is that instead of getting married again, which is usually a 10 year contract (costing roughly 500,000chf) ..id rather take a one year contract @ 5000chf ..commercial decision if you get my drift.
Well it's not really like that:

You're unlikely to able to employ someone on a low wage. I know that EU people can't get Visa for under around 2500 chfs in Zurich (the Gemeinde won't register you as they don't believe this is enough to live on in Stadt Zurich). Also, they won't be having sex with you, because typically people don't like to have sex with craven a$$holes.
  #30  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:11
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Who said im a weirdo ...i could be a successful businessman in Switzerland with a lucrative salary , 2 girlfriends, 2 kids , lots of friends ..simply looking at the alternatives...
That won't stop someone to be a weirdo....
  #31  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:11
bigblue2's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Glarus
Posts: 8,082
Groaned at 484 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 14,715 Times in 5,780 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Well it's not really like that:

You're unlikely to able to employ someone on a low wage. I know that EU people can't get Visa for under around 2500 chfs in Zurich (the Gemeinde won't register you as they don't believe this is enough to live on in Stadt Zurich). Also, they won't be having sex with you, because typically people don't like to have sex with craven a$$holes.
well woman don't, men will hit anything with a pulse
  #32  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:13
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Work in ZH, live in SZ
Posts: 12,347
Groaned at 363 Times in 293 Posts
Thanked 23,665 Times in 8,564 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Who said im a weirdo ...i could be a successful businessman in Switzerland with a lucrative salary , 2 girlfriends, 2 kids , lots of friends ..simply looking at the alternatives...
Sounds like American Psycho to me.



... and your post on "I got divorced and will shag all females I can get from now on till I am 50". Not the household I would want anyone I care about to move in.
This user would like to thank Treverus for this useful post:
  #33  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:15
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 187
Groaned at 69 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 98 Times in 56 Posts
Number7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthy
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Sounds like American Psycho to me.



... and your post on "I got divorced and will shag all females I can get from now on till I am 50". Not the household I would want anyone I care about to move in.
Haha ..again my personal decision ...
  #34  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:19
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Work in ZH, live in SZ
Posts: 12,347
Groaned at 363 Times in 293 Posts
Thanked 23,665 Times in 8,564 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Haha ..again my personal decision ...
Well, if you are a so successful businessman, I am sure you could afford a decent salary. Decent is in Switzerland for a low end job about 3500 a month. You will most likely not need a live in full time housekeeper - you simply cannot wear that many clothes and have so a big house that she would be busy 8 hrs a day.
So how about 2 hours a day Mon-Fri? That would be 40 hours a month and if we calculate simply with 30 CHFs an hour (including all AHV and stuff) - you'd have your place more than clean for 1200 CHFs a month.
  #35  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:20
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: la cote
Posts: 3,660
Groaned at 22 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,741 Posts
runningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond reputerunningdeer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

And it doesn't seem that you would qualify to have a au pair, as they need to be in a family situation, etc.

Anyhow for information, due to all the abuses of au pairs in Geneva, they had to legislate it. So the mandatory contract specifies the max. hours, miminum wages, adequate housing, paid vacation days, payment for language, social charges, insurance etc. Read all the details here. http://www.geneve.ch/legislation/rsg..._j1_50p12.html

Minimum wages per month, 790 chf, but it is irrelevant as the au pair would need to be in a family situation.
The following 2 users would like to thank runningdeer for this useful post:
  #36  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:26
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 187
Groaned at 69 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 98 Times in 56 Posts
Number7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthy
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Well, if you are a so successful businessman, I am sure you could afford a decent salary. Decent is in Switzerland for a low end job about 3500 a month. You will most likely not need a live in full time housekeeper - you simply cannot wear that many clothes and have so a big house that she would be busy 8 hrs a day.
So how about 2 hours a day Mon-Fri? That would be 40 hours a month and if we calculate simply with 30 CHFs an hour (including all AHV and stuff) - you'd have your place more than clean for 1200 CHFs a month.
Again you are assuming things that you do not fully understand, i started this post to see if anyone has any decent reliable information on live in house keepers in Switzerland. Below you get an idea of the arrangement, including language fees, expenses etc ...please stop presuming things.

http://www.aupairconnect.com/aupair-Switzerland.asp
  #37  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:28
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 187
Groaned at 69 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 98 Times in 56 Posts
Number7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthy
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
And it doesn't seem that you would qualify to have a au pair, as they need to be in a family situation, etc.

Anyhow for information, due to all the abuses of au pairs in Geneva, they had to legislate it. So the mandatory contract specifies the max. hours, miminum wages, adequate housing, paid vacation days, payment for language, social charges, insurance etc. Read all the details here. http://www.geneve.ch/legislation/rsg..._j1_50p12.html

Minimum wages per month, 790 chf, but it is irrelevant as the au pair would need to be in a family situation.
As i already have a 23yo super model lined up to do the job...i just want to know what the legal requirments are for a "House Keeper " or personal assistant...
  #38  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:29
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,755
Groaned at 419 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 18,256 Times in 5,655 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Again you are assuming things that you do not fully understand, i started this post to see if anyone has any decent reliable information on live in house keepers in Switzerland. Below you get an idea of the arrangement, including language fees, expenses etc ...please stop presuming things.

http://www.aupairconnect.com/aupair-Switzerland.asp
It is easy to assume you do not fully understand because you talk about housekeeping but use aupair links to back up your statement. Apples and oranges.
  #39  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:31
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
As i already have a 23yo super model lined up to do the job...i just want to know what the legal requirments are for a "House Keeper " or personal assistant...
That is the great thing about internet, we can throw up any bullshit we want...
The following 3 users would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #40  
Old 20.01.2011, 12:31
richardm's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: #murica
Posts: 665
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 241 Times in 145 Posts
richardm has earned the respect of manyrichardm has earned the respect of manyrichardm has earned the respect of many
Re: House Keeper in Switzerland

OP, you marketed the idea wrong and you've irritated delicate sensibilities.

I'd have approached it like this: "My apartment will have an extra room and I'm looking to rent it out. Ideally I'd like to negotiate a discount in exchange for the performance of some light housework. Does anyone have experience with this?"

Your motives might be pure but people aren't seeing it that way...
This user would like to thank richardm for this useful post:
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0