Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Housing in general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 17.03.2011, 09:44
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
mgd616 has earned some respectmgd616 has earned some respect
Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

Hi everyone, we are leaving our flat in Zurich "out of the normal period" and we need to find some new tenants as soon as possible.

We already have contacted some Immos but here is a question: Is it possible to put a sign in the balcony or window saying "for rent"?. It happens that I never see one on the buildings and that makes me think probably it is not permitted.

Thanks for your help

Regards,
MGD
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 17.03.2011, 09:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lugano
Posts: 6,383
Groaned at 125 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 7,673 Times in 3,588 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

Quote:
View Post
Hi everyone, we are leaving our flat in Zurich "out of the normal period" and we need to find some new tenants as soon as possible.

We already have contacted some Immos but here is a question: Is it possible to put a sign in the balcony or window saying "for rent"?. It happens that I never see one on the buildings and that makes me think probably it is not permitted.

Thanks for your help

Regards,
MGD
Unlikely that a sign is okay. I would have suggested placing an ad here except that you just joined so you can't.
Great first post by the way. Gotta love those members who just post when they are leaving.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 17.03.2011, 10:00
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
voglia has no particular reputation at present
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

I am pretty sure its prohibited as one never sees this. But if you put an ad on Homegate.ch you will get hundreds of replies. Of course an ad here on English Forum is also good, as is Ron Orp's Mail (both free).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 17.03.2011, 10:06
economisto
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

Quote:
View Post
Great first post by the way. Gotta love those members who just post when they are leaving.
I'm sorry, all it says is that the OP is leaving his flat, not the country, and some people who do post just as they are emigrating only find the forum then.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 17.03.2011, 10:14
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
mgd616 has earned some respectmgd616 has earned some respect
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

Many thanks for your help. I really appreciate.

By the way, Mrs Dolitte, as I see you are interested in why I post, I will explain to you: it happens that I just moved to Zurich, where my housband live for months, and this week we were offered a bigger flat in the same area, and we are moving. So, thanks for you interest.
. So NO, we are not becoming new members just when we are living, in fact, we do it when arrive.

Regards,
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17.03.2011, 10:14
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lugano
Posts: 6,383
Groaned at 125 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 7,673 Times in 3,588 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

Quote:
View Post
Of course an ad here on English Forum is also good.
With one post it is impossible to post an ad here.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17.03.2011, 10:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lugano
Posts: 6,383
Groaned at 125 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 7,673 Times in 3,588 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

Quote:
View Post
I'm sorry, all it says is that the OP is leaving his flat, not the country, and some people who do post just as they are emigrating only find the forum then.
Sorry, you are right. I should not have assumed leaving the country.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 17.03.2011, 10:25
TidakApa's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Top of a Triangle
Posts: 2,992
Groaned at 38 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 5,673 Times in 2,039 Posts
TidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

Quote:
View Post
Hi everyone, we are leaving our flat in Zurich "out of the normal period" and we need to find some new tenants as soon as possible.

We already have contacted some Immos but here is a question: Is it possible to put a sign in the balcony or window saying "for rent"?. It happens that I never see one on the buildings and that makes me think probably it is not permitted.

Thanks for your help

Regards,
MGD
Accomodation in Zurich is a pretty rare commodity, so I doubt you will have much trouble getting rid of the place.

Post something on the Forum here and you should get some interest.

I personally know of a few people looking around the Zurich area, and I assume other members do too.
  • Location
  • Rent (+ expenses)
  • Size (zimmers and square meters)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17.03.2011, 10:28
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
mgd616 has earned some respectmgd616 has earned some respect
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

No problem at all. .
Just moving two blocks away....
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 17.03.2011, 10:31
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lugano
Posts: 6,383
Groaned at 125 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 7,673 Times in 3,588 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

Quote:
View Post

Post something on the Forum here and you should get some interest.
You need a minimum post count before posting an ad. But I don't know why the OPs' private messaging is blocked unless that is also something to do with being a new member.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 17.03.2011, 10:33
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lugano
Posts: 6,383
Groaned at 125 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 7,673 Times in 3,588 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

Quote:
View Post
Many thanks for your help. I really appreciate.

By the way, Mrs Dolitte, as I see you are interested in why I post, I will explain to you: it happens that I just moved to Zurich, where my housband live for months, and this week we were offered a bigger flat in the same area, and we are moving. So, thanks for you interest.
. So NO, we are not becoming new members just when we are living, in fact, we do it when arrive.

Regards,
I should not have assumed. However, the way you wrote "we have contacted some Immos" I had the feeling you had been here a long time and knew who to call. My mistake. Sorry.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 17.03.2011, 10:38
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
mgd616 has earned some respectmgd616 has earned some respect
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

Quote:
View Post
I should not have assumed. However, the way you wrote "we have contacted some Immos" I had the feeling you had been here a long time and knew who to call. My mistake. Sorry.
No problem at all, really
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 17.03.2011, 11:12
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lugano
Posts: 6,383
Groaned at 125 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 7,673 Times in 3,588 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

ETH has a place to post flats for rent. That should help you a lot.

Last edited by Longbyt; 17.03.2011 at 13:24. Reason: Sorry, I removed the quote as I also removed the previous post. No Ads (or Ad-like posts ;-)) in Housing in General.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 17.03.2011, 13:58
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 22
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts
mgd616 has earned some respectmgd616 has earned some respect
Re: Can I put a a "for rent" sign in my balcony?

Thanks everyone. So, as I see there is no rule that says "do not put sings on your balcony", right? Then, I will put it.

Thanks again for all of your advices.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sign




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bourne Identity -- "Die Zwei Hunde" sign DavidSJC Daily life 7 18.01.2011 19:14
Inter-city EF Events: feedback wanted for a "put up an EFer" idea nitinhungama Social events 11 24.07.2008 18:01
Advice Needed re. the Organic "surprise" Left on my Balcony Kat_eurodiva Complaints corner 9 06.01.2008 11:12


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0