Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Housing in general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.05.2012, 22:26
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
ruchiksy has no particular reputation at present
Things needed for short stay?

Hello,

I will be spending about 5 months in Switzerland and am wondering what things should I bring with me? I am basically a student who will be doing a project and need to know what should I bring to start off? e.g. Food, Utensils etc. I will probably live in an apartment.

Thank You
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24.05.2012, 22:38
ratbag's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 456
Groaned at 21 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 374 Times in 203 Posts
ratbag is considered knowledgeableratbag is considered knowledgeableratbag is considered knowledgeable
Re: Things needed for short stay?

Spuds, rice and baked beans(Heinz!)...Can't get those here.
I was juss wonderin...if I ordered something from ...oh, never mind.
Quote:
View Post
Hello,

I will be spending about 5 months in Switzerland and am wondering what things should I bring with me? I am basically a student who will be doing a project and need to know what should I bring to start off? e.g. Food, Utensils etc. I will probably live in an apartment.

Thank You
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24.05.2012, 23:30
Kash_Z's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 455
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 594 Times in 195 Posts
Kash_Z has a reputation beyond reputeKash_Z has a reputation beyond reputeKash_Z has a reputation beyond reputeKash_Z has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things needed for short stay?

Convertor plug.
General over the counter medicines for headaches and things like that
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24.05.2012, 23:36
HAT's Avatar
HAT HAT is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zurich near Zug
Posts: 1,249
Groaned at 82 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 703 Times in 373 Posts
HAT is considered knowledgeableHAT is considered knowledgeableHAT is considered knowledgeable
Re: Things needed for short stay?

Money
Creditcard
Laptop
handphone
food from home (canned)
open mind
patience
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24.05.2012, 23:49
shabar's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rotkreuz
Posts: 124
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 66 Times in 40 Posts
shabar has earned some respectshabar has earned some respect
Re: Things needed for short stay?

I would bring things that will make me happy:
my favorite Cd's (lots of them), good books, few bottles of my favorite wine,
and a bottle of my favorite whiskey,
the teddy bear I sleep with...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25.05.2012, 00:03
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Things needed for short stay?

Quote:
View Post
Spuds, rice and baked beans(Heinz!)...Can't get those here.
I was juss wonderin...if I ordered something from ...oh, never mind.
Yes you can, Coop does them.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 25.05.2012, 00:10
Kash_Z's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 455
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 594 Times in 195 Posts
Kash_Z has a reputation beyond reputeKash_Z has a reputation beyond reputeKash_Z has a reputation beyond reputeKash_Z has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things needed for short stay?

Quote:
View Post
Yes you can, Coop does them.
Speaking of Heinz Baked Beans, I found an Indian shop near the junction of Josefstrasse and Langstrasse (Zurich) which does one tin for CHF1.60 - as opposed to the CHF2.80 at Coop.

This is great news and frees up alot more space in my suitcase for when i travel back from the UK, haha.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Kash_Z for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 25.05.2012, 00:14
ratbag's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 456
Groaned at 21 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 374 Times in 203 Posts
ratbag is considered knowledgeableratbag is considered knowledgeableratbag is considered knowledgeable
Re: Things needed for short stay?

Geee!
Glad I won't be sitting next to you on any of these flights!!

Quote:
View Post
Speaking of Heinz Baked Beans, I found an Indian shop near the junction of Josefstrasse and Langstrasse (Zurich) which does one tin for CHF1.60 - as opposed to the CHF2.80 at Coop.

This is great news and frees up alot more space in my suitcase for when i travel back from the UK, haha.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25.05.2012, 00:37
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Things needed for short stay?

Quote:
View Post
Speaking of Heinz Baked Beans, I found an Indian shop near the junction of Josefstrasse and Langstrasse (Zurich) which does one tin for CHF1.60 - as opposed to the CHF2.80 at Coop.

This is great news and frees up alot more space in my suitcase for when i travel back from the UK, haha.
Sold out by lunch time tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25.05.2012, 01:28
bedevil's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 250
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 215 Times in 96 Posts
bedevil has an excellent reputationbedevil has an excellent reputationbedevil has an excellent reputationbedevil has an excellent reputation
Re: Things needed for short stay?

Quote:
View Post
Spuds, rice and baked beans(Heinz!)...Can't get those here.
I was juss wonderin...if I ordered something from ...oh, never mind.
He's from New Jersey -- we don't do Heinz baked beans in the states... our brand of choice is generally B&M.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 25.05.2012, 01:45
ratbag's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Zürich
Posts: 456
Groaned at 21 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 374 Times in 203 Posts
ratbag is considered knowledgeableratbag is considered knowledgeableratbag is considered knowledgeable
Re: Things needed for short stay?

Jeez.

My brother lives there. Emerson..

Quote:
View Post
He's from New Jersey -- we don't do Heinz baked beans in the states... our brand of choice is generally B&M.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 29.05.2012, 02:21
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
ruchiksy has no particular reputation at present
Re: Things needed for short stay?

Thanks for the replies people. Canned food definitely sounds great. I will post more questions as I get closer to my departure date.

Thank You!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
apartment living, budget, moving, student




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bring American nanny for short-term stay? codetoad29 Permits/visas/government 0 21.06.2011 17:00
Tips for a Short Stay in Shanghai Scott General off-topic 27 13.09.2009 12:47
Zurich - good location for a short stay EnglishAussie Housing in general 0 23.06.2008 07:24
Things to bring for a short stay? NCMustang Daily life 39 01.09.2007 16:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0