Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Housing in general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09.06.2012, 17:40
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Zurich (Uetikon)
Posts: 222
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 194 Times in 56 Posts
Mr. Happy has earned the respect of manyMr. Happy has earned the respect of manyMr. Happy has earned the respect of many
IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

Hello All

So finally I found an apartment in Uetikon am See area and will move 2 July. Problem is flat is totally unfurnished. So here are my questions and wondered if anyone has answers:

1. Is there a cost advantage in buying everything in one go from IKEA? Is the delivery charge a percentage of the total cost, or is there always a minimum charge regardless of how few/many items you buy?

2. How soon/late do they typically deliver. I don't want them to deliver before 2 July but not much later after 2 July. Should I go buy now or wait a week or two?

All I need is a bed, table and 4 chairs, computer chair, small sofa and perhaps a coffee table.

Any answers are much appreciated
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09.06.2012, 18:10
anowheels's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Not Zurich
Posts: 988
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 668 Times in 401 Posts
anowheels has an excellent reputationanowheels has an excellent reputationanowheels has an excellent reputationanowheels has an excellent reputation
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

It is, I believe 12% of the cost or a 99 chf minimum. When I went in and got stuff, we bought everything on a Saturday and it was delivered the Monday morning. We went the route of picking everything up (or getting the write up of things from the warehouse like a bed) and taking the cart to customer service.


Quote:
View Post
Hello All

So finally I found an apartment in Uetikon am See area and will move 2 July. Problem is flat is totally unfurnished. So here are my questions and wondered if anyone has answers:

1. Is there a cost advantage in buying everything in one go from IKEA? Is the delivery charge a percentage of the total cost, or is there always a minimum charge regardless of how few/many items you buy?

2. How soon/late do they typically deliver. I don't want them to deliver before 2 July but not much later after 2 July. Should I go buy now or wait a week or two?

All I need is a bed, table and 4 chairs, computer chair, small sofa and perhaps a coffee table.

Any answers are much appreciated
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank anowheels for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 09.06.2012, 20:47
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tessin
Posts: 6,324
Groaned at 124 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,537 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

Quote:
View Post
Hello All

So finally I found an apartment in Uetikon am See area and will move 2 July. Problem is flat is totally unfurnished. So here are my questions and wondered if anyone has answers:

1. Is there a cost advantage in buying everything in one go from IKEA? Is the delivery charge a percentage of the total cost, or is there always a minimum charge regardless of how few/many items you buy?

2. How soon/late do they typically deliver. I don't want them to deliver before 2 July but not much later after 2 July. Should I go buy now or wait a week or two?

All I need is a bed, table and 4 chairs, computer chair, small sofa and perhaps a coffee table.

Any answers are much appreciated
If you are looking for an Ikea sofa I have this for sale.
http://www.englishforum.ch/1578461-post1.html
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 09.06.2012, 21:32
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zürich
Posts: 516
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 448 Times in 252 Posts
ThomasSSS has a reputation beyond reputeThomasSSS has a reputation beyond reputeThomasSSS has a reputation beyond reputeThomasSSS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

I went first thing on a Saturday morning, started by asking at the delivery desk when they could deliver, and they said that they'd be able to deliver the same day.

And indeed, that is mostly how it worked out. (The exception related to the items which needed to be picked up at the warehouse and I consider mitigated by the fact that I didn't point this particular bit of paper out to the delivery guy at the store.)

Coincidently, I am now selling some of what I bought at Ikea and there may be some overlap with your needs.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ThomasSSS for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 09.06.2012, 21:37
HAT's Avatar
HAT HAT is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Zurich near Zug
Posts: 1,249
Groaned at 82 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 703 Times in 373 Posts
HAT is considered knowledgeableHAT is considered knowledgeableHAT is considered knowledgeable
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

My experience with Ikea delivery is:

1. It can take from 4-8weeks for delivery, especially in Summer where ikea people are on vacation
2. Delivery charge is at least 90chf, and then upto 10% of the price of total order
3. It is another additional 5-10% on top if you need installation (montage)

For your needs, I would suggest you rent a big van or a small truck instead.
Ikea used to rent out trucks, but I am unsure if this is still on offer.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank HAT for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 09.06.2012, 22:05
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

If you buy big stuff from them, like bookcases or wardrobe, I'd have them put it together, unless you have a bunch of people to help, power tools and are especially handy. I think if you order this week, you ought to be able to pick your delivery date around July 2. That's what we did right before Christmas - about 2 weeks before we wanted it delivered.

If I remember correctly delivery charge is 10% above CHF 99.

Just check everything. I used their planning system to set up a wardrobe, took it in to Dietlikon and a guy helped us do the order. Unfortunately, we wanted 2 sorts of doors and he never put one set on the order, and we didn't check properly. So they had to come back two weeks later and install the proper doors. Good news was that we didn't have to pay extra.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 09.06.2012, 22:56
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bern
Posts: 848
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,373 Times in 523 Posts
heckenhocker has a reputation beyond reputeheckenhocker has a reputation beyond reputeheckenhocker has a reputation beyond reputeheckenhocker has a reputation beyond reputeheckenhocker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

Delivery and building: CHF 100 + 17% of value of the goods

Delivery only within 30 minutes of the store: 12% of value of the goods, minimum charge CHF 99, max charge CHF 500

Delivery outside 30 minutes of the store: 16% of value of the goods, minimum charge CHF 99, max charge CHF 500

Additional charges apply if you are in a traffic-free zone. The T&C state delivery into the apartment, and do not mention a maximum number of floors. However they do state "delivery as long as the building structure permits"...so if you have narrow staircases, I'd check the width and mention it on ordering.

Details here> http://www.ikea.com/ms/de_CH/custome..._services.html
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank heckenhocker for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 10.06.2012, 16:52
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Zurich (Uetikon)
Posts: 222
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 194 Times in 56 Posts
Mr. Happy has earned the respect of manyMr. Happy has earned the respect of manyMr. Happy has earned the respect of many
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

Many thanks everyone for your generous inputs. I am clear on the answers and know what to do now.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Mr. Happy for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 25.06.2012, 11:43
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

Just wanted to share my experience with IKEA delivery today. They were supposed to arrive between 7 and 12, they arrived at 10 (they called 20 minutes before to make sure I'm home). They delivered all the stuff inside my appartment (2nd floor, no elevator). I paid 99 CHF for the delivery. Very good experience. Oh...I forgot, it took two weeks from the order online to arrive which was the exact delivery date given after the payment (June 25th).
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 25.06.2012, 12:58
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Zurich (Uetikon)
Posts: 222
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 194 Times in 56 Posts
Mr. Happy has earned the respect of manyMr. Happy has earned the respect of manyMr. Happy has earned the respect of many
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

Thank you MakeupArtist for the up to date info. I called their number last week and the lady said normal delivery time was 2-3 weeks but if you live within 30 Km radius (which I do: Uetikon), then I could choose Express next day delivery which is about 12% of the price of goods (99 min and 500 max delivery charge). I figured I will wait until I am in the flat now (3 July), and go for the Express delivery. And I hope she knew what she was talking about !
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 25.06.2012, 13:12
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

You're welcome. If it can help you I live in Schaffhausen. I didn't have anything in the flat so I laid on a blanket while waiting I ordered on June 11th and it arrived today. I don't want to say something wrong but what you described seems to be the regular delivery:

Service de livraison à domicile

Sur demande, nous te livrons les meubles achetés à ton domicile. La livraison des meubles non montés s'effectue jusque dans ton logement.

TARIF ZONE 1
Pour les lieux de livraison situés à env. 30 minutes de voiture maximum d'un magasin IKEA, les frais s'élèvent à 12% de la valeur de la marchandise avec un minimum de CHF 99.- et un maximum de CHF 500.-.

TARIF ZONE 2
Pour les lieux de livraison situés à plus de 30 minutes env. de voiture d'un magasin IKEA, les frais s'élèvent à 16% de la valeur de la marchandise avec un minimum de CHF 99.- et un maximum de CHF 500.-.Des conditions et tarifs de livraison spéciaux s'appliquent aux lieux inaccessibles par camion.

It's in french but you can translate it on google. You should maybe call them again to be sure.


Quote:
View Post
Thank you MakeupArtist for the up to date info. I called their number last week and the lady said normal delivery time was 2-3 weeks but if you live within 30 Km radius (which I do: Uetikon), then I could choose Express next day delivery which is about 12% of the price of goods (99 min and 500 max delivery charge). I figured I will wait until I am in the flat now (3 July), and go for the Express delivery. And I hope she knew what she was talking about !
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 25.06.2012, 19:45
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

Ok I take back all the positive things I said about IKEA!!!They sold us the bed without the springer!!! Now WE HAVE TO SLEEP ON THE GROUND!!Are we supposed to guess the bed comes without the springer??Sooo stupid. I'm so gonna to yell at them tomorrow!!There is no such a category on the website. Now we'll have to waist our time and energy with this stupid store.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 25.06.2012, 20:02
drmom's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere in SG
Posts: 2,341
Groaned at 12 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 2,187 Times in 1,050 Posts
drmom has a reputation beyond reputedrmom has a reputation beyond reputedrmom has a reputation beyond reputedrmom has a reputation beyond reputedrmom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the delivery costs are so high here in CH compared to DE...we ordered a bunch of stuff before we moved here to be delivered to us at our house in Germany and iirc it was 79€ per delivery. We had LOTS of stuff - 3 PAX wardrobes combinations and 2 BESTA Sets...I think our total value was somewhere in the 4000e range. I am going to go check their site and see if the rates have changed.

edit: interesting, it does look like it has changed - it is now 139€ for values over 1500€. When ordering that much stuff, I was very happy to pay the extra for them to pull it off the shelves for me and to deliver it. There were lots and lots of boxes!

And if you mean the slats for under the mattress, yes, this is pretty much never included and weird that the person helping you didn't point that out to you - or did you order it all online?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 25.06.2012, 20:12
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

Hi, we ordered it online but it's not clear at all that the slats are not included. There is no "slats category" on the website. Now I see it's on the "matresses category". WTF?

Quote:
View Post
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the delivery costs are so high here in CH compared to DE...we ordered a bunch of stuff before we moved here to be delivered to us at our house in Germany and iirc it was 79€ per delivery. We had LOTS of stuff - 3 PAX wardrobes combinations and 2 BESTA Sets...I think our total value was somewhere in the 4000e range. I am going to go check their site and see if the rates have changed.

edit: interesting, it does look like it has changed - it is now 139€ for values over 1500€. When ordering that much stuff, I was very happy to pay the extra for them to pull it off the shelves for me and to deliver it. There were lots and lots of boxes!

And if you mean the slats for under the mattress, yes, this is pretty much never included and weird that the person helping you didn't point that out to you - or did you order it all online?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 25.06.2012, 20:26
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,029
Groaned at 404 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 16,993 Times in 9,570 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IKEA Deitlikon delivery questions

Yes, we made nearly the same mistake last year when buying a new guest bed at the store in Lyssach. We knew we needed the slats and that they were separate, but we forgot to pick them up when putting items on the trolley in the store. Luckily when we went back later in the week they still had them because they were on offer and we were afraid they'd be sold out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
delivery, ikea, unfurnished apartment




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ikea delivery or warentaxi? owls_79 Housing in general 26 28.06.2013 13:15
IKEA free delivery and installation Crazy Bird Housing in general 1 30.10.2011 19:06
TLC for IKEA delivery men? sun&rain Daily life 29 18.08.2011 08:34
Lousy IKEA delivery Fei Complaints corner 25 19.04.2011 08:38
IKEA delivery times seyon Housing in general 0 11.02.2011 15:32


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0