English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Housing in general (https://www.englishforum.ch/housing-general/)
-   -   Duillier [need information on the locality] (https://www.englishforum.ch/housing-general/19659-duillier-need-information-locality.html)

Harrison 27.02.2008 13:50

Duillier [need information on the locality]
 
Does anyone know anything about this area. I have potentially found a lovely house in the village, and am considering visiting the property in the next week or two. Would it be a good place for an English family to live or would you be too cut off from things? I understand that Nyon is only 5 minutes bus ride away?

I also notice that the motorway is very close by...does this mean that you get a lot of noise from it?

Harrison 28.02.2008 12:18

Re: Duillier [need information on the locality]
 
I take it no one has heard of this place!:o

I'll have to make a trip myself and see what it's all about...!

Shorrick Mk2 28.02.2008 12:28

Re: Duillier [need information on the locality]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison (Post 180336)
Does anyone know anything about this area. I have potentially found a lovely house in the village, and am considering visiting the property in the next week or two. Would it be a good place for an English family to live or would you be too cut off from things? I understand that Nyon is only 5 minutes bus ride away?

Well, depending on your lifestyle, it could, or it couldn't be a good place to live... while it is a 5 minutes bus ride, the question is how often the bus comes...

Quote:

I also notice that the motorway is very close by...does this mean that you get a lot of noise from it?
Not a lot but some parts are noticeably noisier.

Harrison 28.02.2008 13:20

Re: Duillier [need information on the locality]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorrick Mk2 (Post 180841)
Well, depending on your lifestyle, it could, or it couldn't be a good place to live... while it is a 5 minutes bus ride, the question is how often the bus comes...



Not a lot but some parts are noticeably noisier.


Thats's a good point. i've just chelced the timetable an they appear to come about twice an hour at peak times. Is parking available at Nyon train station free of charge?? I could always cycle there I guess :msncool:

Shorrick Mk2 28.02.2008 13:26

Re: Duillier [need information on the locality]
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison (Post 180865)
Is parking available at Nyon train station free of charge??

Free of charge? This is Switzerland we're talking about :D


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0