Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Housing in general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 15.08.2017, 09:59
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 30
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JWLEE has no particular reputation at present
moving out

I will move out this weekend.
I would like to know what kind of EXIT INSPECTION will be done from the real estate agency.


Should I prepare for the cleaning with hiring the company because I thought that I and my wife could clean it by ourselves.


If I hire the company, what do they do for me.
They will definetely clean the rooms. and do they clean the couch cover and mattress or dishwasher/oven as well because it is furnished apartment.


Also, how much does it cost for 3.5rooms.


Lastly, any recommendation of the company?


Thank you...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 15.08.2017, 10:14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Romandie
Posts: 493
Groaned at 15 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 262 Times in 161 Posts
Miostar has made some interesting contributions
Re: moving out

Did you look with the agency that let you the apartment? There is maybe a company that it used to the furnished apartments in your building.

Ovens and dishwashers are standard, mattresses and couch covers not so.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15.08.2017, 12:03
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 4,518
Groaned at 491 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: moving out

Quick because I dont have time to waste helping some stranger save thousands of CHF.

Clean it yourself.
Paying attention to the top of the windows, a quick brush with a towel is enough (for dust).
The only one to pay attention is the"air sucking oven thing", you do need to degrease and replace the carbon/coal filter and put a clean "foam thingy" (very accurate, I know).

For the actual hob thing, you need this (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg).

The rest is common sense, floor cleans, no paint damage/scratches on walls, clean toilets, no signs of mushrooms/humidity in bathrooms, etc...
The outside of the balcony (the thing to close the light) also needs a quick water spray on it, nothing that a wet towel can't do in 5 minutes.

That is of course, if it was in "perfect state" when you moved in, the only proof being the handover you made at that time, and signed. The point is to return as it was, and as it was written. Meaning if it was bad but written nice, bad luck, you have to return it nice.



Now its a handover, so know about any damages you have done, vs the "lifetime" of items. For example if you scratched a 40 year old floor it might be ok. Look up the form in "asloca", they have a sheet with all items lifetime.
As well as "normal wear and tear", like it's acceptable to have a few scratches.
Fill the holes in the walls with plaster.

That's all, nothing scary, probably a intense 2-3 hours job vs probably thousands chfs by some "professionals" who will do equally good as a normal people and take a lot of money off.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 15.08.2017 at 19:27. Reason: changed huge photo to link
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15.08.2017, 12:10
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vaud
Posts: 4,518
Groaned at 491 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 4,099 Times in 1,952 Posts
CorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond reputeCorsebouTheReturn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: moving out

Quote:
View Post
Did you look with the agency that let you the apartment? There is maybe a company that it used to the furnished apartments in your building.
NO NO NO NO NO, NO!!!

That is a guarantee to waste a LOT of money, at their expenses, and it's opening the gates of hell to numerous abuses, such as adding damages to get thing fully repaired at the tenant's costs, very expensive repairs for something trivials, very expensive parts, etc... As example, a Bosch filter for the stove costed around 30-50chf delivered from Swiss shop. The agency proposed to charge 150chf+. They also successfully attempted to charge almost 700chf for a 3cm crack in an old sink. They failed to get the money, nonetheless it took lot of efforts and time.
The sink itself was a less than 100chf item in hornbach (basic shop around here), numerous years, and suddenly they claimed it was worth three times that.

The agencies are NOT your friend, they are, especially in Switzerland, going to charge you a lot for trivial things, for a very expensive amount.
And their staff, colleagues, partner, are professional in getting the most of you. One of these cheated on my handover form, adding things after I signed the handover. Simply do it yourself, it's extremely simple, it has to be clean and presentable, that's all, nothing magical.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15.08.2017, 12:21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 30
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
JWLEE has no particular reputation at present
Re: moving out

I totally agree with you.


Here in Switzerland, I get to know that the tenants ara not the client at all to the agency. They have all powers.




Quote:
View Post
NO NO NO NO NO, NO!!!

That is a guarantee to waste a LOT of money, at their expenses, and it's opening the gates of hell to numerous abuses, such as adding damages to get thing fully repaired at the tenant's costs, very expensive repairs for something trivials, very expensive parts, etc... As example, a Bosch filter for the stove costed around 30-50chf delivered from Swiss shop. The agency proposed to charge 150chf+. They also successfully attempted to charge almost 700chf for a 3cm crack in an old sink. They failed to get the money, nonetheless it took lot of efforts and time.
The sink itself was a less than 100chf item in hornbach (basic shop around here), numerous years, and suddenly they claimed it was worth three times that.

The agencies are NOT your friend, they are, especially in Switzerland, going to charge you a lot for trivial things, for a very expensive amount.
And their staff, colleagues, partner, are professional in getting the most of you. One of these cheated on my handover form, adding things after I signed the handover. Simply do it yourself, it's extremely simple, it has to be clean and presentable, that's all, nothing magical.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15.08.2017, 13:03
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kreuzlinen
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
zaservera has no particular reputation at present
Re: moving out

Dear JWLEE,
I have been living 5 years in Switzerland and move out of 2 apartments. It's too expensive to hire a company like more than 700 CHF and you can do it yourself. Just have to be very methodic and clean everything, even the windows, the outside of the windows that faces the street, the top of the doors (just take out the dust) the kitchen is super important and the oven. It took me for my 2.5 one an a half days but I did not want to pay 700 CHF. Don't forget to cover any holes on the wall that you might have done (even white toothpaste works for this). And anyway if they were not satisfied with something they tell you and let you clean it after usually. Good luck
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank zaservera for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 15.08.2017, 18:44
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: CH
Posts: 120
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 72 Times in 42 Posts
intheblue has earned some respectintheblue has earned some respect
Re: moving out

Could you please report back and tell us how it went? Count enough time, cleaning is time consuming.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 15.08.2017, 19:02
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: moving out

Quote:
View Post
Could you please report back and tell us how it went? Count enough time, cleaning is time consuming.
Making the dirt is even more time consuming
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
apartment, move




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving-out/moving-in logistics and timing Babenas Housing in general 8 18.01.2017 20:41
Moving out? chill_lee Housing in general 18 30.11.2016 22:10
How does moving out-moving in works in switzerland? landmark77 Other/general 3 18.07.2007 13:56


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0