Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Housing in general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04.03.2019, 18:55
John_H's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Up above Nyon
Posts: 3,107
Groaned at 82 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 3,832 Times in 1,526 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Light fittings when leaving apartment?

I'm leaving my apartment in a while so will need to leave it empty.. One thing I'm not sure on is the light fittings.. My first place here had all of the lights included, big fancy hanging things.. This place we bought the fittings from the previous tenant..
So I've no experience of what to leave behind. I guess i need to leave a bulb attached to something?

Anybody know what's the done thing in French parts? is it just a flex with a bulb holder, connector blocked to the wires? Or do i actually need to fit a 'ceiling rose'?

I have plenty time, just preparing. .
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04.03.2019, 19:07
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 10,707
Groaned at 139 Times in 126 Posts
Thanked 15,706 Times in 6,834 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Light fittings when leaving apartment?

Quote:
View Post
I'm leaving my apartment in a while so will need to leave it empty.. One thing I'm not sure on is the light fittings.. My first place here had all of the lights included, big fancy hanging things.. This place we bought the fittings from the previous tenant..
So I've no experience of what to leave behind. I guess i need to leave a bulb attached to something?

Anybody know what's the done thing in French parts? is it just a flex with a bulb holder, connector blocked to the wires? Or do i actually need to fit a 'ceiling rose'?

I have plenty time, just preparing. .
Just the bulb with a bulb holder.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04.03.2019, 19:38
John_H's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Up above Nyon
Posts: 3,107
Groaned at 82 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 3,832 Times in 1,526 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Light fittings when leaving apartment?

Quote:
View Post
Just the bulb with a bulb holder.
Magic .. Thanks ..

That's what I thought, so i need some flex and some of these
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04.03.2019, 20:04
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 8,737
Groaned at 1,648 Times in 900 Posts
Thanked 3,840 Times in 2,446 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Light fittings when leaving apartment?

Quote:
View Post
Magic .. Thanks ..

That's what I thought, so i need some flex and some of these
I think one does not have to leave anything. Thats how we took over our apartment. There was nothing there. Only this white thing was there.

Name:  Unbenannt.PNG
Views: 246
Size:  149.9 KB
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 04.03.2019, 21:12
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Leimbach, Zürich
Posts: 6,015
Groaned at 352 Times in 285 Posts
Thanked 6,812 Times in 3,415 Posts
EdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Light fittings when leaving apartment?

Quote:
View Post
Just the bulb with a bulb holder.
Only if they were there at first, if the paper mentions nothing, he can just leave well.. nothing (besides a cap/block to prevent exposed wires)
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank EdwinNL for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 04.03.2019, 21:29
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 10,707
Groaned at 139 Times in 126 Posts
Thanked 15,706 Times in 6,834 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Light fittings when leaving apartment?

Quote:
View Post
Only if they were there at first, if the paper mentions nothing, he can just leave well.. nothing (besides a cap/block to prevent exposed wires)
He doesn’t know what was there first as he bought the light fittings from the previous tenant.
Admittedly we have only lived in two places here but they both had the dangly bulbs and likewise for friends who moved here.
Maybe it’s the kind of thing that varies between cantons but in any case I think it’s a nice thing to do to leave a few bulbs behind so the new tenants have some light.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04.03.2019, 21:43
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 13,771
Groaned at 432 Times in 341 Posts
Thanked 18,851 Times in 7,881 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Light fittings when leaving apartment?

I'm sure I read a rule somewhere that you needed to leave lamps in the hallways and maybe the kitchen so there was at least some light for the new tenants.

I may be mistaken though.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04.03.2019, 22:26
John_H's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Up above Nyon
Posts: 3,107
Groaned at 82 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 3,832 Times in 1,526 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Light fittings when leaving apartment?

Quote:
View Post
He doesn’t know what was there first as he bought the light fittings from the previous tenant.
Admittedly we have only lived in two places here but they both had the dangly bulbs and likewise for friends who moved here.
Maybe it’s the kind of thing that varies between cantons but in any case I think it’s a nice thing to do to leave a few bulbs behind so the new tenants have some light.
Exactly .. Unfortunately I've only lived in two places, both of which had light fittings included


Quote:
View Post
I'm sure I read a rule somewhere that you needed to leave lamps in the hallways and maybe the kitchen so there was at least some light for the new tenants.

I may be mistaken though.
My contract doesn't say about lights .. but to me, common sense indeed says i'd need to leave some provision for light for the final inspection and for the movers at least .. our hall is pretty dark and one bathroom / shower room would be in complete darkness without something .

I have the regie coming for a pre-check so I'll ask the question .. I'm just really pre-emting the answer of - just leave it as you found it.. Or just stick up something.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05.03.2019, 00:12
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Leimbach, Zürich
Posts: 6,015
Groaned at 352 Times in 285 Posts
Thanked 6,812 Times in 3,415 Posts
EdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Light fittings when leaving apartment?

Quote:
View Post
He doesn’t know what was there first as he bought the light fittings from the previous tenant.
Admittedly we have only lived in two places here but they both had the dangly bulbs and likewise for friends who moved here.
Maybe it’s the kind of thing that varies between cantons but in any case I think it’s a nice thing to do to leave a few bulbs behind so the new tenants have some light.
Surely it is polite, and as said the paper should mention lamps. If not then he is not obliged to leave lamps, since he accepted the house without any light from the landlord.

Besides all of that it is wisdom to when taking something over ask what originally was there (if any) and if that has to be put back when the next tenant does not want to take things over. I have a box downstairs with stuff that I replaced in the home.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Light Fittings zuricher Other/general 140 19.05.2018 13:39
Basel - Light Fittings... Alan83 Housing in general 1 26.11.2015 10:12
Fixtures and fittings when you move out of apartment knb.pjr Housing in general 2 30.06.2015 13:41
Light fittings, shelves, et al when moving out? EmpressJo Housing in general 6 15.11.2012 14:50
Light Fittings cyrus Other/general 7 15.08.2007 19:00


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0