Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Housing in general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30.07.2008, 22:48
Tubbies-Mummy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ticino
Posts: 391
Groaned at 11 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 139 Times in 84 Posts
Tubbies-Mummy has made some interesting contributions
Advice For Moving Pets From Uk To Switzerland

Hi

We moved 6 cats over from the UK to Switzerland. I spent ages trawling websites to find quotes and how to manage it with the minimum of distress for them and us.

Some quotes were over 6 k but I found an excellent service called par air services who arranged for them to be flown via BA , for just over 1 k .

I cannot recommend them enough they were so helpful and told us exactly what we needed to do re pet passports and the Swiss law etc etc . took fantastic care of our cats.

If anyone needs advice about moving pets here I am happy to offer my experience and advice.

In the meantime the link for them is

http://www.parair.co.uk/

cheers

Caroline
x
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30.07.2008, 22:59
smackerjack's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.K/VAUD
Posts: 2,207
Groaned at 14 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,082 Posts
smackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Advice For Moving Pets From Uk To Switzerland

I do not know if this still applies, but, when I flew my dog over with BA we had to have Club tickets on the same flight as there were no economy seats left. When I enquired about the cost of her travel I was told that because we were Club Class there would be no charge for my dog.
The tickets were not really that much more and I actually think it was maybe even cheaper.
When we arrived in Geneva - I did not know where to get her and just heard a bark and she was in her Kennel Cab just left in the middle of the arrival lounge?
Most bizarre
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30.07.2008, 23:26
Swissinfo
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Advice For Moving Pets From Uk To Switzerland

Some years ago my ex-wife and I moved back to Switzerland with our lovely cat, it was easy, as long as your cat has a pets UK passport with all the right vacinations and we were only charged by Swiss Airlines for the weight of the cat in its carry cage.

Sadly my ex-wife has the cat now, but I am still looking for a new one does anyone have spare pussy they would like pass on?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 31.07.2008, 07:24
grantley's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Belmont-sur-Lausanne
Posts: 175
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 58 Times in 42 Posts
grantley has made some interesting contributions
Re: Advice For Moving Pets From Uk To Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
does anyone have spare pussy they would like pass on?

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 31.07.2008, 09:15
Tubbies-Mummy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ticino
Posts: 391
Groaned at 11 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 139 Times in 84 Posts
Tubbies-Mummy has made some interesting contributions
Re: Advice For Moving Pets From Uk To Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Some years ago my ex-wife and I moved back to Switzerland with our lovely cat, it was easy, as long as your cat has a pets UK passport with all the right vacinations and we were only charged by Swiss Airlines for the weight of the cat in its carry cage.

Sadly my ex-wife has the cat now, but I am still looking for a new one does anyone have spare pussy they would like pass on?

It is now the season for kittens so check out your local vets as they often know places and the local paper let me know how you get on
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 31.07.2008, 09:20
Tubbies-Mummy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ticino
Posts: 391
Groaned at 11 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 139 Times in 84 Posts
Tubbies-Mummy has made some interesting contributions
Re: Advice For Moving Pets From Uk To Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
I do not know if this still applies, but, when I flew my dog over with BA we had to have Club tickets on the same flight as there were no economy seats left. When I enquired about the cost of her travel I was told that because we were Club Class there would be no charge for my dog.
The tickets were not really that much more and I actually think it was maybe even cheaper.
When we arrived in Geneva - I did not know where to get her and just heard a bark and she was in her Kennel Cab just left in the middle of the arrival lounge?
Most bizarre
Not a nicve experience for you. We did not have to do that. We travelled 2 days before to meet the removal lorry. Par Air collected the cats from our home and and kept them prior to flying. The rules say they have to be checked by a vet to be fit to fly within 48 hours. When we arrived to get them they were in the animal holding bay . It was quite funny becuase there was also an import of fish so the cats were howling wanting the fish . BA took brilliint care of them andf they even had fresh newspaper in their cages and water.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 31.07.2008, 14:15
Swissinfo
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Advice For Moving Pets From Uk To Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Purrrrrr.....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
animals, cats, dogs, pet passports, pets, quarantine, rabies




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice needed for moving to Switzerland! Guest Housing in general 1 10.03.2008 20:17
Exporting Pets (dog) out of Switzerland Oz12 Transportation/driving 1 15.03.2007 13:26
Moving to Switzerland? Right Move? Advice please. JohnYossarian Employment 21 09.02.2007 23:34
moving advice akouda Housing in general 6 09.02.2007 11:31
Greetings [permit advice for moving to Switzerland] Desmond Permits/visas/government 10 25.09.2006 17:47


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0