English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Housing in general (https://www.englishforum.ch/housing-general/)
-   -   Affordable Move-Out Cleaning? (https://www.englishforum.ch/housing-general/301150-affordable-move-out-cleaning.html)

Mr.Maquiavelo 11.11.2020 10:41

Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
Hi, I will be moving out soon from Zurich and need advice on Move-Out cleaning services. I have contacted a few and they charge for a 2.5 apartment above 700.- way too expensive :(

Are there alternatives? can anyone recommend an affordable Move-Out cleaning service?

Many TIA

Opst 11.11.2020 11:11

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
Clean yourself :)

John_H 11.11.2020 11:11

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Maquiavelo (Post 3237968)
Hi, I will be moving out soon from Zurich and need advice on Move-Out cleaning services. I have contacted a few and they charge for a 2.5 apartment above 700.- way too expensive :(

Are there alternatives? can anyone recommend an affordable Move-Out cleaning service?

Many TIA

You're under no obligation to hire somebody.. If you have the time and motivation, do it yourself? Should work ok if you are available at handover to fix any bits you might have missed.

No practical of course if you won't be there or just don't have the time but for a 2.5 it shouldn't be too bad?

Price wise 700 seems normal to a little high.. We've been 1500 for a 7.5 and 900 for 4.5 in the past.

Castro 11.11.2020 11:14

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Maquiavelo (Post 3237968)
Hi, I will be moving out soon from Zurich and need advice on Move-Out cleaning services. I have contacted a few and they charge for a 2.5 apartment above 700.- way too expensive :(

Are there alternatives? can anyone recommend an affordable Move-Out cleaning service?

Many TIA

Two companies I have used were:

https://www.movu.ch/en/
https://www.moveagain.ch/

You'll get a range of quotes to choose from.

I was quoted CHF 650 for a 3.5 apartment (with handover guarantee) so I went with that.

Mr.Maquiavelo 11.11.2020 12:24

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opst (Post 3237992)
Clean yourself :)

I may not get the help expected but a good laugh is guaranteed :D. Of course I thought about it and it's my plan B.

logo123 25.12.2020 12:55

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
Check out Batmaids as well.
They started doing handover cleaning as well.

Veronika 25.12.2020 15:39

I need recomendation for good cleaning company
 
Hallo! I am moving out in March. Please recomend me some good and not so expensive cleaning comapny for genetal cleaning for 3.5 rooms. From Zürich or this area. I recived one offer for 750Fr. and onother for 800Fr. What are you thinkink, is this price real or too high? Thank you

evop 25.12.2020 23:56

Re: I need recomendation for good cleaning comany
 
Assuming the typo in your question affected the word "general", the quotes seem about right for Zürich. They are high, but that's the cost of local labour.

Try asking Batmaid or smaller cleaning companies in your area (use Google maps, for example)
and do not forget to bargain ("I'm a neat freak, just take a look at my apartment" - one my colleague reduced her bill down 300 CHF with this particular argument). There were several recommendations for Diamond Cleaning, they may still be in business.


Also, there is always an option to clean the apartment yourself or with some help from OH/kids/friends, if you feel capable of doing that. Just be diligent and satisfy all reasonable cleaning requests from your landlord, if there will be any.

MarkL2005 26.12.2020 08:02

Re: I need recomendation for good cleaning comany
 
I can also recommend Diamond Cleaning

intheblue 26.12.2020 08:29

Re: I need recomendation for good cleaning comany
 
Ask for a written guarantee from the cleaning company that they will come back and clean what ever has been noted by the landlord at inspection visit that needs redoing.

alohahw 27.12.2020 06:53

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
I've looked up quotes from MOVU and cheapest for 2.5 was 530 ish. We went with a cleaning company from Deindeal.ch with guarantee for 449.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Maquiavelo (Post 3237968)
Hi, I will be moving out soon from Zurich and need advice on Move-Out cleaning services. I have contacted a few and they charge for a 2.5 apartment above 700.- way too expensive :(

Are there alternatives? can anyone recommend an affordable Move-Out cleaning service?

Many TIA


SrkiKi 27.12.2020 13:12

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
Try https://www.total-reinigung.ch/ we used them when moving house and can only recommend. Artur even brought us a beer 6pack and chips the day after the move was done.

Bossa Nova 27.12.2020 15:05

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
The question is: how much cleaning do you need to be done? I have friends who are so tidy a professional cleaning is totally unnecessary. On the other hand, I know some whose flats would require a few days of work in order to bring them up to standard.

If you will need a deep clean of the oven/cooking/kitchen areas, plus removal of mould and scale from the bathrooms, expect to pay many hundreds for this service. If all you need is a cursory wipe-over of everything, I'd only pay for a few hours of work at the local cleaner rate.

Castro 27.12.2020 15:19

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bossie (Post 3255631)
The question is: how much cleaning do you need to be done? I have friends who are so tidy a professional cleaning is totally unnecessary. On the other hand, I know some whose flats would require a few days of work in order to bring them up to standard.

If you will need a deep clean of the oven/cooking/kitchen areas, plus removal of mould and scale from the bathrooms, expect to pay many hundreds for this service. If all you need is a cursory wipe-over of everything, I'd only pay for a few hours of work at the local cleaner rate.

I think the question should be how fussy will the agent be on handover? I've had two, the first was a total nightmare where the agent wiped every surface with a tissue to look for dirt. The second in comparison was a breeze, the guy had a cursory look around and then sat down and ticked about 40 boxes on his form without even checking further.

curiousnomad 27.12.2020 16:53

Re: I need recomendation for good cleaning comany
 
I used Diamond Cleaning back in September. I can highly recommend them.

Chris G 08.01.2021 11:53

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Maquiavelo (Post 3237968)
Hi, I will be moving out soon from Zurich and need advice on Move-Out cleaning services. I have contacted a few and they charge for a 2.5 apartment above 700.- way too expensive :(

Are there alternatives? can anyone recommend an affordable Move-Out cleaning service?

I can highly recommend:

https://diamondcleaningch.com/

Darcy1 08.01.2021 14:25

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SrkiKi (Post 3255579)
Try https://www.total-reinigung.ch/ we used them when moving house and can only recommend. Artur even brought us a beer 6pack and chips the day after the move was done.

We used these guys when we moved 7 years ago. Would definitely use them again.
Great service and we got our full deposit back.

Darcy

jlanzon 08.01.2021 20:43

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcy1 (Post 3260147)
We used these guys when we moved 7 years ago. Would definitely use them again.
Great service and we got our full deposit back.

Darcy

I've also had many friends recommend Total Reinigung. They gave us a very reasonable quote for our upcoming move-out. Since it hasn't happened yet, I can't give a personal opinion on the quality of their work, but so far they've been very easy to deal with.

venetian 04.05.2021 16:27

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
I just had an amazing experience with Total Reinigung.
They were quick to reply to my e-mail inquiry and we could arrange both a pre-cleaning inspection and the actual cleaning with short notice. The price was aligned to what promised and also to what I found here on EF.

I left them the keys and forgot about the process; the day of the inspection I found that the apartment had received a very throughly cleaning and the agency was very pleased. In any case, they were present to discuss or address any last-minute issue.
The minutes of the inspection report a big + at the item "Reinigung", which is what worried me most.
I'm totally happy of the price if I don't have to worry about getting back my deposit.

Definitely recommended! https://www.total-reinigung.ch/

curley 04.05.2021 18:08

Re: Affordable Move-Out Cleaning?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by venetian (Post 3302555)
I just had an amazing experience with Total Reinigung.
They were quick to reply to my e-mail inquiry and we could arrange both a pre-cleaning inspection and the actual cleaning with short notice. The price was aligned to what promised and also to what I found here on EF.

I left them the keys and forgot about the process; the day of the inspection I found that the apartment had received a very throughly cleaning and the agency was very pleased. In any case, they were present to discuss or address any last-minute issue.
The minutes of the inspection report a big + at the item "Reinigung", which is what worried me most.
I'm totally happy of the price if I don't have to worry about getting back my deposit.

Definitely recommended! https://www.total-reinigung.ch/

And boom, they posted your post on their website!

edit: No they didn't (yet), they posted 2013-2016


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0