Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Housing in general  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 28.04.2021, 15:48
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Tessin
Posts: 23
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
kxfnn has earned some respectkxfnn has earned some respect
Replacing IKEA fridge drawer before handover

Hi all, we broke one of the drawers in our fridge (it's cracked on the front, but still usable).

It looks like IKEA does not sell replacements. Do you know where I could buy one? Or any clue on how much deposit they might keep due to that...?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 28.04.2021, 16:04
newtoswitz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rapperswil
Posts: 3,754
Groaned at 75 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,076 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacing IKEA fridge drawer before handover

Quote:
View Post
Hi all, we broke one of the drawers in our fridge (it's cracked on the front, but still usable).

It looks like IKEA does not sell replacements. Do you know where I could buy one? Or any clue on how much deposit they might keep due to that...?
Did you confirm with Ikea that they don't have replacements?

https://www.ikea.com/ch/en/customer-...ms/spareparts/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 28.04.2021, 16:14
Mullhollander's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aargau
Posts: 2,725
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 3,869 Times in 1,687 Posts
Mullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacing IKEA fridge drawer before handover

Electrolux and Bauknecht-Whirlpool produce many major appliances for Ikea. Determine which manufacturer it is by following the instructions below and then contact Electrolux or Bauknect-Whirlpool customer service to order the spare part:

https://www.ikea.com/ch/de/customer-...en-pub81ac6bce


Added: same customer service information in English at this link:

https://www.ikea.com/ch/en/customer-...ms-pubba4cc2be
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Mullhollander for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 28.04.2021, 16:42
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Tessin
Posts: 23
Groaned at 8 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
kxfnn has earned some respectkxfnn has earned some respect
Re: Replacing IKEA fridge drawer before handover

Quote:
View Post
Electrolux and Bauknecht-Whirlpool produce many major appliances for Ikea. Determine which manufacturer it is by following the instructions below and then contact Electrolux or Bauknect-Whirlpool customer service to order the spare part:

https://www.ikea.com/ch/de/customer-...en-pub81ac6bce


Added: same customer service information in English at this link:

https://www.ikea.com/ch/en/customer-...ms-pubba4cc2be
Thanks, just called them and I ordered it! Way more expensive than expected (more than 70CHF!), but I guess the landlord would have us pay more otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29.04.2021, 00:02
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 661
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 887 Times in 361 Posts
eairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacing IKEA fridge drawer before handover

Quote:
View Post
Thanks, just called them and I ordered it! Way more expensive than expected (more than 70CHF!), but I guess the landlord would have us pay more otherwise.
These parts are always expensive. Yet the actual cost of materials/production is probably a tiny component of that.

The main reason why they are expensive is because once made, they are bulky and awkward to store. You can't stack them, or fold them down to send. You are paying for someone to keep the spare drawer you want in their warehouse for 5+ years (along with the other 1,000 variations of different drawers), and maintain a website and despatch system ready to find and send it to you when you finally break its long lost cousin.

70 chf is cheap for 5 years rental of 50 X 30 X 10 space in a Swiss warehouse... plus heat and light. (Not for the benefit of the drawer, of course, but for the person who finds, picks and packs it for you).

Still hurts when you have to pay it, though...

Regards




Ian
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank eairicbloodaxe for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 29.04.2021, 11:35
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,361
Groaned at 338 Times in 274 Posts
Thanked 26,263 Times in 11,000 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacing IKEA fridge drawer before handover

Quote:
View Post
These parts are always expensive. Yet the actual cost of materials/production is probably a tiny component of that.

The main reason why they are expensive is because once made, they are bulky and awkward to store. You can't stack them, or fold them down to send. You are paying for someone to keep the spare drawer you want in their warehouse for 5+ years (along with the other 1,000 variations of different drawers), and maintain a website and despatch system ready to find and send it to you when you finally break its long lost cousin.

70 chf is cheap for 5 years rental of 50 X 30 X 10 space in a Swiss warehouse... plus heat and light. (Not for the benefit of the drawer, of course, but for the person who finds, picks and packs it for you).

Still hurts when you have to pay it, though...

Regards




Ian
I would have thought that in an age of manufacturing on demand, that warehousing costs should no longer be an excuse.

And even if you do warehouse them, there are ways of keeping costs down. Especially if the customer isn't expecting a same day delivery, so you can keep the inventory in a low cost country. Ask the classic car people for example. Many of the simpler parts cost pennies for a never used item.

But I guess IKEA knows its customers have no alternative.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 29.04.2021, 20:59
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 661
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 887 Times in 361 Posts
eairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond reputeeairicbloodaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replacing IKEA fridge drawer before handover

Quote:
View Post
I would have thought that in an age of manufacturing on demand, that warehousing costs should no longer be an excuse.

And even if you do warehouse them, there are ways of keeping costs down. Especially if the customer isn't expecting a same day delivery, so you can keep the inventory in a low cost country. Ask the classic car people for example. Many of the simpler parts cost pennies for a never used item.

But I guess IKEA knows its customers have no alternative.

It's not just Ikea.



Visit a site like espares and even for trade users every manufacturers fridge drawer is a similarly pricey item (as in a lot more than they are worth).
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing a fridge tray; cost estimate Integer Housing in general 11 27.01.2018 11:21
[Free Zug] - Ikea drawer unit jmf Free stuff 11 01.09.2017 23:23
FS: IKEA Brusali drawer storage collilj Items for sale 0 21.04.2017 13:13
Ikea Micke 4 Drawer Unit ZH 8004 EsquireZH Items for sale 1 09.02.2017 13:20
Miele charging 250 CHF for replacing soap drawer of Washing Machine Guest Housing in general 2 07.09.2012 19:46


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0