English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Insurance (https://www.englishforum.ch/insurance/)
-   -   AHV number ... which one is it???? (https://www.englishforum.ch/insurance/107439-ahv-number-one.html)

cheesey 26.02.2011 16:20

AHV number ... which one is it????
 
Hi, the joys of tax returns!!!

I'm looking for my AHV number, and there are various numbers listed on my B Permit and docs from AHV. I do not read german and am confused which number is the one I'm supposed to put as my AHV number.

I searched the forum before posting this BTW


is it the "abrechnungsnummer" which starts with two letters then three digits, a dot and then 3 more. Ie format LL###.### like (made up) MR200.345?

Or maybe the "Versichertennummer" which is loads of digits in format ###.####.####.## like 678.7888.5677.89?

Please help an ausander in distress! (not a damsel mind!!!!)


On the permit theres the ZEMIS number in format ###.###.###-#

and a Kant (Kanton?) number...

simpa 26.02.2011 16:25

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
i thought it is in the passport ...

Capacitrix 26.02.2011 16:41

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
There's a thread in the tax forum about how to complete the Zurich Tax Form.

About the AHV, it's not on your permit. Here's a post about it.

It should also be on the Lohnausweis from your employer, unless you're self-employed. Mine has fields for both the old and new AHV numbers. Since you're so new, you probably only have the new one.

And if you don't know your AHV, are you sure you want to do your own taxes?

ETA: For better search results, use Google itself. I put in "AHV number" (without the quotes even) and got the relevant hits from English Forum. Google does a good job of crawling through English Forum and finding the useful information.

cheesey 26.02.2011 16:41

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by simpa (Post 1117569)
i thought it is in the passport ...

sorry Simpa, I'm sure it's not in my UK passport and i don't have a Swiss one, can you please clarify?

simpa 26.02.2011 16:49

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesey (Post 1117579)
sorry Simba, I'm sure it's not in my UK passport and i don't have a Swiss one, can you please clarify?


Chessey it is in the inssurance card , i have it at the assura card , and it whote AHV , please check your inssurance card

Longbyt 26.02.2011 16:50

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesey (Post 1117568)
Or maybe the "Versichertennummer" which is loads of digits in format ###.####.####.## like 678.7888.5677.89?

They used to have year of birth and a code for the surname but they changed a couple of years back. My AHV number is divided up like the one you gave above. As 'Versicherung' is Insurance this sounds pretty likely. 'Versichertennummer' would be 'number of the insured (person)'

Mind you, mine says AHV-Nr. which makes it easier to guess.

You have my sympathy with all the various numbers by the way! I can never even work out which numbers they want when transfering money to a bank-account!

cheesey 26.02.2011 16:58

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
thanks guys, that's really helpful. Yes it turns out my insurance card actually calls it AHV-Nr which really really really helps.



As for the topic of giving my bank account details don't get me started! Why won't they just take the IBAN instead many companies, even major reputable ones, ask for account numbers and clearing codes etc separately and cannot fathom non-numeric account numbers etc

jrspet 26.02.2011 17:03

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
Here is an example of the AHV card:

http://www.sozialversicherungsnummer.ch/ahv-ausweis.gif

Article from www.sozialversicherungsnummer.ch

DE

( Translated into EN )

Quote:

Ab 01. Juli 2008 wird die neue AHV-Nummer schrittweise in der AHV (Alters- und Hinterlassenenversicherung), der IV (Invalidenversicherung) und der Erwerbsersatzordung (EO) eingeführt. AHV-intern wurde jedem Versicherten bereits eine neue AHV-Nummer zugeteilt. Ab 1.7. wird die AHV nach und nach den Arbeitgebern die neuen Sozialversicherungsnummern ihrer Arbeitnehmer mitteilen. Versicherte, die ab dem 1.7. neu in die AHV eintreten, werden nur noch die neue AHVNummer erhalten. Die Einführung wird voraussichtlich 2009 abgeschlossen werden.
Die neue AHV-Nummer hat 13 Stellen und enthält keinerlei Personenkennzeichen mehr.


From 01 July 2008, the new social security number gradually introduced in the OASI (Old Age and Survivors Insurance), IV (disability insurance) and the Erwerbsersatzordung (EO). AHV internally was assigned to each insured person with a new social security number. From 1.7. the AHV tell by and by employers, the new Social Security numbers of their employees. Assured that as of 1.7. re-join the Seniors, will only receive the new AHVNummer. The launch will be completed in 2009.

The new social security number has 13 digits and no longer contains personal identifiers.


Longbyt 26.02.2011 17:10

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesey (Post 1117568)
I'm looking for my AHV number, and there are various numbers listed on my B Permit and docs from AHV. I do not read german and am confused which number is the one I'm supposed to put as my AHV number.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longbyt (Post 1117583)
My AHV number is divided up like the one you gave above. As 'Versicherung' is Insurance this sounds pretty likely. 'Versichertennummer' would be 'number of the insured (person)'
Mind you, mine says AHV-Nr. which makes it easier to guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesey (Post 1117590)
thanks guys, that's really helpful. Yes it turns out my insurance card actually calls it AHV-Nr which really really really helps.

I swear you guys will be the death of me! This is Saturday afternoon; my day off. And I'm whiling away the hours helping you. I must be mad. And Jrspet and the other chaps too. We're all mad.

simpa 26.02.2011 17:17

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Longbyt (Post 1117598)
I swear you guys will be the death of me! This is Saturday afternoon; my day off. And I'm whiling away the hours helping you. I must be mad. And Jrspet and the other chaps too. We're all mad.


Ok but why ?:confused:

Longbyt 26.02.2011 17:38

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Longbyt (Post 1117598)
I swear you guys will be the death of me! This is Saturday afternoon; my day off. And I'm whiling away the hours helping you. I must be mad. And Jrspet and the other chaps too. We're all mad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpa (Post 1117607)
Ok but why ?:confused:

Just this once, I'll explain. I sit around Modding on here; moving the odd post, cleaning up a bit of spam on the forum and looking out for folk who might need help. Saturday afternoon there are not many members on here.
The OP (cheesey) came on here with a question. Your first answer would only confuse the issue a bit. Then another answer came with a link which is helpful but not quite conclusive. I still think I can reassure the OP that we are on the right track. You make a second post which adds info but still leaves things open. 'The Insurance Card' could be for any insurance. Maybe the guy has several. Assista is only the name of an Insurance company and has, as far as I know, nothing directly to do with the AHV. By then I've dug out my AHV stuff, checked the way the number is written and posted a reply. In the meantime jrspet, another mod, comes up with super pictures which he has put in which help to make it all much clearer. Just before they appear, Cheesey comes back and says
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesey (Post 1117590)
thanks guys, that's really helpful. Yes it turns out my insurance card actually calls it AHV-Nr which really really really helps.

Quite honestly, I nearly fell off my chair laughing. At the same time, I wanted to have a little giggle as his expense. And why not? I assumed by his reply that he realised how daft this all was. I'm still laughing in spite of the groan!

jrspet 26.02.2011 17:45

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
Cheesy is improving!

simpa 26.02.2011 20:43

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Longbyt (Post 1117621)
Just this once, I'll explain. I sit around Modding on here; moving the odd post, cleaning up a bit of spam on the forum and looking out for folk who might need help. Saturday afternoon there are not many members on here.
The OP (cheesey) came on here with a question. Your first answer would only confuse the issue a bit. Then another answer came with a link which is helpful but not quite conclusive. I still think I can reassure the OP that we are on the right track. You make a second post which adds info but still leaves things open. 'The Insurance Card' could be for any insurance. Maybe the guy has several. Assista is only the name of an Insurance company and has, as far as I know, nothing directly to do with the AHV. By then I've dug out my AHV stuff, checked the way the number is written and posted a reply. In the meantime jrspet, another mod, comes up with super pictures which he has put in which help to make it all much clearer. Just before they appear, Cheesey comes back and says

"thanks guys, that's really helpful. Yes it turns out my insurance card actually calls it AHV-Nr which really really really helps".

Quite honestly, I nearly fell off my chair laughing. At the same time, I wanted to have a little giggle as his expense. And why not? I assumed by his reply that he realised how daft this all was. I'm still laughing in spite of the groan!


Ok now i know why :p

do you want me remove my Graon ?! :cool:

Longbyt 27.02.2011 07:28

Re: AHV number ... which one is it????
 
Brits do have an odd sense of humour and Brits who are Mods allow themselves a little joke at a poster's expense from time to time if they think he deserves it - very mild and without malice.

Actually I have several groans given to me in very similar situations so this is just one more of them. If you want to remove it you can but more important would be that you realise that not everything is what it seems to be at first glance. If you just think twice in future before groaning, remembering that there might be more behind a comment than you realise, I'll be content.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0