Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Insurance  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01.05.2011, 14:48
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New UZH researcher has no particular reputation at present
Regarding work permit to VISA

Dear members,

greetings to all I am new to this website. I have been offered a PhD position in Zurich (UZH) and I have received a scan copy of document ERMACHTIGUNG ZUR VISUMERTEILUNG in German I wanted to know what is this document about and what will be the next step towards getting Visa ? I Have visited the VFS web site and Swiss embassy web site for the same , from there I could learn that one has to have Euro 30000 insurance coverage what is this and how to get it ? kinldy guide me on the same
Reply With Quote
Old 01.05.2011, 18:17
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zürich
Posts: 520
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 450 Times in 254 Posts
ThomasSSS has a reputation beyond reputeThomasSSS has a reputation beyond reputeThomasSSS has a reputation beyond reputeThomasSSS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Regarding work permit to VISA

The basic immigration process is that you take some paperwork and money to your local Swiss embassy or consulate and they place an immigration visa in your passport. I believe that the "ERMACHTIGUNG ZUR VISUMERTEILUNG" is part of this paperwork. Then you have something like 3 months to enter Switzerland and register which then causes a more permanent identification card to be sent to you.

The details of this are dependent on the exact type of visa (I'm not sure if research visa's are different) and the processes of your local embassy or consulate.

You'll probably need an appointment at said consulate anyway. So, send an email to your local consulate. "I am a citizen of x, living in y, and I have been offered a job at UZH. I have an 'ERMACHTIGUNG ZUR VISUMERTEILUNG'. I am [single/married] [with/without] children. What paperwork will [I/we] need to receive [my/our] entry visa(s)? When can I bring it in, and how long will it take?"

This Swiss may be sticklers for rules and forms and such, but my experience is that they are happy to explain them when asked nicely and ahead of time.

You probably won't need any insurance paperwork yet. If so, it is something different from, say, my situation. However, once you take up residence the local authorities will want to make sure that you have health insurance - which is easy, and you will have a month or more to sort it out.

Last edited by ThomasSSS; 01.05.2011 at 21:01.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ThomasSSS for this useful post:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Work permit visa and dependent visa technix Permits/visas/government 5 28.03.2011 14:46
Work Permit VISA in NY nygiants Permits/visas/government 1 13.02.2009 15:01
visa and work permit eddy Permits/visas/government 13 07.07.2008 17:34
Work Visa vs Work Permit benr Permits/visas/government 7 19.06.2008 12:22
Please explain what is happening re: work visa/work permit? WorldFoodie Permits/visas/government 1 30.05.2008 19:00

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0