Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Insurance  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28.09.2011, 12:23
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 19
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
mankav123 has no particular reputation at present
Claim from Insurance Company

I am relocating out of Zurich and leaving my apartments at end of October. I have been staying here in the same apartment for last 4 years and now the time has come for handover to the rental agency. I have a House Insurance from DieMobilar which includes the personal liability Insurance for last 4 years.

I wanted to get information from people who have claimed or have knowledge on how to report or claim from insurance company.

Problem :
The Wash basin in the bathroom in our apartment has cracked and this I had already informed to my rental agency - who said he will replace it and I can claim from the Insurance company. The basin is yet to be replaced and will be done in next 2 weeks.

My Question :
1. Should I report to the Insurance company before replacing the wash basin or should I wait till it is replaced ? I can just call them and ask - but some inputs from you will help.

2. Do the Insurance company give the claim amount without any hassles / deductions ? I understand they do deduct around CHF 200 - but is there any other more deductions ?

3. Should I inform the Insurance company that I am vacating the apartments by Oct end ? I am leaving the country and going by Mid Nov.
Insurance cover is valid till July 2012.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Reply With Quote
Old 30.09.2011, 09:38
FriendlyKiwi's Avatar
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shoppinzentrum
Posts: 1,781
Groaned at 19 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 914 Times in 551 Posts
FriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFriendlyKiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Claim from Insurance Company

Ring the insurance company and tell them

They will likely say: send us a copy of the invoice when you get it and they will process it.

Important: you must get an invoice for any repair work done on the apartment. Without any paperwork providing proof of the amount of the damage, the insurance company cannot do anything
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank FriendlyKiwi for this useful post:

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
transfer of 3rd pillar from insurance company to bank jrm Finance/banking/taxation 7 30.08.2016 17:39
Lack of reply from health insurance company kerzenlicht Insurance 6 09.05.2011 09:54
Theft from unlocked car - insurance claim gooner Insurance 23 29.09.2010 12:37
Supplementary Insurance-should I claim? february Insurance 7 13.05.2009 09:54
please help with letter from health insurance company badoshi Insurance 6 24.03.2008 23:04

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0