Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Insurance  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07.11.2013, 04:14
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lugano
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bsamx has no particular reputation at present
Working around the world for a Swiss NGO

Hi and I love this forum, I'm new to this so please pardon me if I've missed this in another thread....I appreciate any tips on this subject.

As of January 1, 2014 I will become an employee of a Verein in Zug. I will be doing research, teaching and field work all year in North and South America. I will be in Switzerland only for bi-annual meetings for 1-2 weeks twice a year.

Given the totalization agreements between USA and CH, I will pay only into the Swiss 3 Pillars. This will be true for the other field workers we will hire as well. The question is this.

Is there a Swiss health insurance program that the Verein can provide for its employees?. They will most likely be non Swiss residents as they will be posted around the world but all will be employed by the Verein in Zug.

In that the cantonal health insurance is tied to cantonal Dr's and hospitals is there a version for such field employees as ours?

Thanks very much!

Reply With Quote
Old 07.11.2013, 08:24
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 21,911
Groaned at 399 Times in 307 Posts
Thanked 16,864 Times in 9,511 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Working around the world for a Swiss NGO

There should be, it's pretty standard as part of a company's insurance obligations I think. My OH's company also has worldwide interests and their employees' insurance covers them abroad. I know because he suddenly became ill on a trip to Malaysia and the company insurance covered the costs. Why not ask your HR first?

I'd also check with them on whether you need to let your commune/canton know you'll be out of the country so much. Being absent for long periods can affect your permit status as usually you're only allowed to be away for 6 months at a time max on a B or C permit without permission from your commune/canton. Being sent abroad by your Swiss employer is one of the few reasons that's accepted. Here are a couple of threads on the subject:

C permit and overseas stay

C Permit on Hold
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Around the world to Baden... Snow Angel Introductions 2 02.02.2008 02:49

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0