Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Insurance
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03.04.2015, 19:02
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: USA, North-west New Jersey
Posts: 10
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
dmk2000 has no particular reputation at present
Green card insurance for US plated car

Hi everyone.
I have question about importing car from US with US plates.
Based on a search on this forum I could not really get concrete understanding about process.
We are moving to Switzerland in the middle of this year. I am getting door to door car relocating service to bring our 2012 hybrid car with us to CH. From my understanding, I can buy Green Card insurance and will be able to drive this car in CH until Green Card insurance expires or until I will make my car complaint with CH laws, and pass inspection.
Am I correct, or am I missing something.
Greatly appreciate for your replies.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do US-CH treaty tie breaker rules exempt green card holders from us tax? fred15 Finance/banking/taxation 30 23.11.2016 01:55
US Green Card Questions bebock General off-topic 6 15.10.2012 17:22
US tax - green card holder London_girl Finance/banking/taxation 1 07.03.2012 17:28
Any US green card holder living outside of the US for more than 5 years? Bellabuu General off-topic 10 18.11.2011 15:18

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:33.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0