Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Insurance  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07.06.2021, 09:46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 66
Groaned at 17 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Marog has become a little unpopularMarog has become a little unpopular
Cancelled Insurance

Had an odd experience this weekend, I was sent a letter from the Road Traffic Office that my car insurance was cancelled. So I called up the insurer and they said I need to speak to the person who did my insurance policy. She sits in Aargau which was the previous canton of residence.

Anyway it turns out that there was an outstanding bill of 20 CHF for the increased premium when I moved house (this was last Oct). It also turns out that the bill was sent to the property I moved out from.

I find it very odd that I need to speak to the person who made the insurance deal and that that person seems to have billed me for an address change to the incorrect address.

This got me wondering - why can't I speak to any one in the call center are the insurance agents in competition with each other ? or perhaps Canton rivalry ? Insurer was Zurich not via a third party.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at Marog for this post:
  #2  
Old 07.06.2021, 09:49
fatmanfilms's Avatar
The Marmite Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 20,655
Groaned at 433 Times in 330 Posts
Thanked 21,453 Times in 11,247 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cancelled Insurance

Quote:
View Post
Had an odd experience this weekend, I was sent a letter from the Road Traffic Office that my car insurance was cancelled. So I called up the insurer and they said I need to speak to the person who did my insurance policy. She sits in Aargau which was the previous canton of residence.

Anyway it turns out that there was an outstanding bill of 20 CHF for the increased premium when I moved house (this was last Oct). It also turns out that the bill was sent to the property I moved out from.

I find it very odd that I need to speak to the person who made the insurance deal and that that person seems to have billed me for an address change to the incorrect address.

This got me wondering - why can't I speak to any one in the call center are the insurance agents in competition with each other ? or perhaps Canton rivalry ? Insurer was Zurich not via a third party.
Why not call the call centre & find out?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 07.06.2021, 10:34
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 66
Groaned at 17 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Marog has become a little unpopularMarog has become a little unpopular
Re: Cancelled Insurance

Quote:
View Post
Why not call the call centre & find out?
I did, they said they can see a pending invoice and I need to speak with the Actual Agent who did the insurance.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Marog for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 10.06.2021, 13:13
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 8,743
Groaned at 438 Times in 330 Posts
Thanked 11,482 Times in 6,018 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cancelled Insurance

Quote:
View Post
I need to speak with the Actual Agent who did the insurance.
No use in asking here instead.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 10.06.2021, 14:24
John_H's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Up above Nyon
Posts: 4,031
Groaned at 113 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 5,428 Times in 2,095 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cancelled Insurance

I've come across similar ..

Our health insurance was arranged by an agent, arranged by my employer, the guy comes to the office each year at renewal time. Great for those who just landed but few people see him after year one.

Anyways I called Helsana about a policy change and they wanted me to talk to the agent.. I protested a bit and they eventually did what I wanted . but I assume its some commission agreement or similar.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10.06.2021, 15:34
newtoswitz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rapperswil
Posts: 3,614
Groaned at 75 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 4,336 Times in 1,987 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cancelled Insurance

Quote:
View Post
I've come across similar ..

Our health insurance was arranged by an agent, arranged by my employer, the guy comes to the office each year at renewal time. Great for those who just landed but few people see him after year one.

Anyways I called Helsana about a policy change and they wanted me to talk to the agent.. I protested a bit and they eventually did what I wanted . but I assume its some commission agreement or similar.
More likely the agent will try to sell you a bunch of extra options / policies, and since agents are very strong about owning customer relationships the company will have a load of policies around them having every opportunity to do that.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank newtoswitz for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Resolving car insurance being cancelled Jamiel Insurance 12 07.07.2020 17:28
scrapping of UK National Insurance class 2 contributions-- Cancelled? 123abc Finance/banking/taxation 9 09.01.2019 18:56
Help - Car insurance cancelled csf_drummer Insurance 24 19.12.2018 00:14
Car insurance cancelled by insurance company - securing a new policy Mandrake Transportation/driving 7 13.03.2016 19:08
Leased car, car insurance got cancelled. What to do now? bulaohu Insurance 20 22.07.2014 14:03


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0