Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 19.10.2011, 12:40
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Quote:
View Post
Hoslo, did it cross your mind that, if not most, surely many of us just read the text and did not watch the images?? You know, that is a possibility.
Is there no way I could have watch that!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #102  
Old 19.10.2011, 12:44
hoslo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: zurich
Posts: 114
Groaned at 40 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 59 Times in 34 Posts
hoslo is considered unworthyhoslo is considered unworthyhoslo is considered unworthy
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

I hope so but judging by the responses not likely.

The point was it neccessary to put the link there if the "ghouls" want to see it they can easily find it as shown by the other ghouls. Thats my point and the only point!

If you want I can send you links to all the ghoulish sites of all the terrible things that happen in the world it was enough that Castro informed us of the news the link was highly unneccessary.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 19.10.2011, 12:47
Textoch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas, USA (formerly Vaud, CH)
Posts: 1,201
Groaned at 25 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 3,058 Times in 937 Posts
Textoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond reputeTextoch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Quote:
View Post
Wow what a bunch of ghouls then try and justify everything by saying its alright to post this because its for the common good. Yes we should become less sensitive and we should put horrific scenes every where because its the norm. Then patronise the whole process by going off point and discussing how good you are??? Well let me tell you this watching and wanting to watch a child die is ghoulish. There is a little bit of you good people who have a little medieval touch to you you cannot but resist to see these ghoulish parts of the world and your curiosity gets the better of you because you prefer to see to believe. After all it is for the common good bloody ghouls!
I think it is natural that this news story is resulting in a discussion of helping those in need. Perhaps one could argue that that discussion should take place on a different thread, rather than this one, which specifically references the child from China.

Each person's willingness to help others in need, and each person's definition of what constitites "in need" varies. How is reflection upon and discussion about one's feelings, experiences, and opinions toward helping others a bad thing?
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 19.10.2011, 12:49
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Quote:
View Post
I hope so but judging by the responses not likely.

The point was it neccessary to put the link there if the "ghouls" want to see it they can easily find it as shown by the other ghouls. Thats my point and the only point!

If you want I can send you links to all the ghoulish sites of all the terrible things that happen in the world it was enough that Castro informed us of the news the link was highly unneccessary.
It was a bona fide link to the news story, nothing more, nothing less. There are enough people posting on this forum with "I've heard such and such..." or "Someone told me this and that..." with absolutely nothing substantial to link it to.

The video was part of the news report. Watch it if you want, don't watch if you feel it not appropriate. Otherwise, get over it and post something useful...
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 19.10.2011, 12:51
Mud's Avatar
Mud Mud is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Romandie
Posts: 2,551
Groaned at 26 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 5,004 Times in 1,827 Posts
Mud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Hoslo, you forgot to groan some posts.

Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank Mud for this useful post:
This user groans at Mud for this post:
  #106  
Old 19.10.2011, 12:59
hoslo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: zurich
Posts: 114
Groaned at 40 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 59 Times in 34 Posts
hoslo is considered unworthyhoslo is considered unworthyhoslo is considered unworthy
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

oh its terrrible i couldnt stop crying, i did help someone by giving a sandwich once. Its terrible how humanity can be. Those Chinese they couldnt care less oh dear oh dear!!

Is this useful enough for you Sandgrounder?
Reply With Quote
This user groans at hoslo for this post:
  #107  
Old 19.10.2011, 13:03
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Hoslo, I understand that you don't like it but you could have bring your point in a more constructive manner, don't you think?

You could start a thread on this matter and see how people see it instead to bring this one off-topic.

It could be called trolling in the forum's dictionary. So let's bring this topic somewhere else, shawl we?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #108  
Old 19.10.2011, 13:04
summerrain's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 4,350
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 985 Times in 325 Posts
summerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond reputesummerrain has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China



Someone fancies a holiday me thinks...
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank summerrain for this useful post:
  #109  
Old 19.10.2011, 13:05
Slaphead's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,223
Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 9,408 Times in 2,870 Posts
Slaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Put a cork in it Hoslo. You've made your point, but now you're just trolling.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank Slaphead for this useful post:
  #110  
Old 19.10.2011, 13:09
Ouchboy's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Baden
Posts: 3,345
Groaned at 67 Times in 54 Posts
Thanked 5,739 Times in 2,182 Posts
Ouchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond reputeOuchboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Quote:
View Post
I hope so but judging by the responses not likely.

The point was it neccessary to put the link there if the "ghouls" want to see it they can easily find it as shown by the other ghouls. Thats my point and the only point!

If you want I can send you links to all the ghoulish sites of all the terrible things that happen in the world it was enough that Castro informed us of the news the link was highly unneccessary.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 19.10.2011, 13:14
hoslo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: zurich
Posts: 114
Groaned at 40 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 59 Times in 34 Posts
hoslo is considered unworthyhoslo is considered unworthyhoslo is considered unworthy
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Nils What is Trolling? disagreeing with the majority then I happily troll in this case.

If you feel everyone is justified to watch the death of a child on this forum go ahead enjoy and cry and moan about it like you really care and call it freedom of expression. If you dont really see the point I am trying to make then you have become de-sensitized its a link anyone can find why post it?

I call it ghoulish and the same people slow down and make traffic jams at accidents on the road because they just have to go at snail pace to see if they can see any bodies or blood.

I will end on that note and hope I get lot of thanks for ending
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 19.10.2011, 13:19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: zurich
Posts: 89
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 63 Times in 34 Posts
collilj has earned some respectcollilj has earned some respect
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Sorry to be pedantic but the little girl has not died - she is still hanging on in there although in a critical condition!

plus you weren't forced to watch the video - it was your choice!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank collilj for this useful post:
  #113  
Old 19.10.2011, 13:21
Mowvich's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Genève
Posts: 1,422
Groaned at 28 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 1,308 Times in 607 Posts
Mowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Lots of humans have transformed into a system controlled money grabbing creatures who won't care more or less about saving another human life just to not miss a business meeting, going to work, make few extra bucks or even have a coffee break....this is the reality, it's sad but it's totally true
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 19.10.2011, 13:22
Mud's Avatar
Mud Mud is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Romandie
Posts: 2,551
Groaned at 26 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 5,004 Times in 1,827 Posts
Mud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Quote:
View Post

If you feel everyone is justified to watch the death of a child on this forum go ahead enjoy and cry and moan about it like you really care and call it freedom of expression.

I didn't, and won't watch the video. I've been on the Internet long enough that I've seen my share of shocking things, but I don't want to watch a baby run over by a car. I certainly don't think that Castro is a ghoul for sharing the video though- it's a big deal and hopefully the shock of it will kindle some change.

And Castro is no fool- most people see a post with a bunch of words and are like,"boooring" clicky clicky video. So he put this:

Warning - Please be aware that this video is extremely distressing

I really don't get how that's not clear?
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank Mud for this useful post:
  #115  
Old 19.10.2011, 13:30
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Quote:
View Post
If you feel everyone is justified to watch the death of a child on this forum go ahead enjoy and cry and moan about it like you really care and call it freedom of expression.
I don't think the child has actually died but is critically ill in hospital at this stage. Not that it makes it any better or palatable but perhaps we should stick with the known info and not start inventing stuff.

If this news story which is all over the international media goes some way to changing the way certain societies act in such a life or death situation I think it is justified.

Already there is great debate and much inner reflection on how the Chinese perceive themselves and are perceived by the wider world. If this causes a percentage of the population to step in and help someone in need and/or changes this draconian set of laws where the good samaritan ends up getting into trouble or somehow blamed then I would say it's the only good thing to have come out of this tragic case.

Keeping it buried is not going to change anything, is it?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #116  
Old 19.10.2011, 13:56
hoslo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: zurich
Posts: 114
Groaned at 40 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 59 Times in 34 Posts
hoslo is considered unworthyhoslo is considered unworthyhoslo is considered unworthy
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Why or why did you have to end on an open question to me? Keeping it buried to you guys I dont think so... I believe you would have found this story even if it was buried.

Alas, I must say you make out this forum importance in global ethical debates more important than it is, its nice that you blabber about change and the difference it could make and fill up with some self indulgence of air. Nobody cares what you may believe its a link with a child dying, died , brain dead or whatever nothing you say or think is important its a video of a kid getting run over.

Society is not going to look at your comment and say or yeah sandgrounder said it was justifiable. Its a kid getting run over and if you want to find the link then its out there find it you dont need any help you all seem to be good at searching for these kind of things.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at hoslo for this post:
  #117  
Old 19.10.2011, 13:58
bigblue2's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Glarus
Posts: 8,082
Groaned at 484 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 14,715 Times in 5,780 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Quote:
View Post
Why or why did you have to end on an open question to me? Keeping it buried to you guys I dont think so... I believe you would have found this story even if it was buried.

Alas, I must say you make out this forum importance in global ethical debates more important than it is, its nice that you blabber about change and the difference it could make and fill up with some self indulgence of air. Nobody cares what you may believe its a link with a child dying, died , brain dead or whatever nothing you say or think is important its a video of a kid getting run over.

Society is not going to look at your comment and say or yeah sandgrounder said it was justifiable. Its a kid getting run over and if you want to find the link then its out there find it you dont need any help you all seem to be good at searching for these kind of things.
Oh the irony



just for some double irony
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 19.10.2011, 14:06
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Quote:
View Post
Why or why did you have to end on an open question to me? Keeping it buried to you guys I dont think so... I believe you would have found this story even if it was buried.

Alas, I must say you make out this forum importance in global ethical debates more important than it is, its nice that you blabber about change and the difference it could make and fill up with some self indulgence of air. Nobody cares what you may believe its a link with a child dying, died , brain dead or whatever nothing you say or think is important its a video of a kid getting run over.

Society is not going to look at your comment and say or yeah sandgrounder said it was justifiable. Its a kid getting run over and if you want to find the link then its out there find it you dont need any help you all seem to be good at searching for these kind of things.
You are completely missing the point - of course nobody is going to read the opinions on this forum. This forum is just doing the same as millions of other people and debating the news story. Debate sometimes brings about change, good and bad. Sometimes things just stay the same.

Of course nobody cares what I think (well, except you, it seems) but this is a FORUM. Forums are where people discuss stuff. Why do you find that so difficult to deal with?

If you want to shop and gossip try Ebay and Facebook.

If you are so disinterested in debating, why are you constantly posting to this thread?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #119  
Old 19.10.2011, 14:11
hoslo's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: zurich
Posts: 114
Groaned at 40 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 59 Times in 34 Posts
hoslo is considered unworthyhoslo is considered unworthyhoslo is considered unworthy
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

Quote:
I don't think the child has actually died but is critically ill in hospital at this stage. Not that it makes it any better or palatable but perhaps we should stick with the known info and not start inventing stuff.

If this news story which is all over the international media goes some way to changing the way certain societies act in such a life or death situation I think it is justified.

Already there is great debate and much inner reflection on how the Chinese perceive themselves and are perceived by the wider world. If this causes a percentage of the population to step in and help someone in need and/or changes this draconian set of laws where the good samaritan ends up getting into trouble or somehow blamed then I would say it's the only good thing to have come out of this tragic case.

Keeping it buried is not going to change anything, is it?
I am debating my opinion
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 19.10.2011, 14:11
Confloozed's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4,801
Groaned at 104 Times in 91 Posts
Thanked 4,965 Times in 2,360 Posts
Confloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond reputeConfloozed has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shocking scenes as passers-by ignore dying toddler, 2, in China

If you want to shop and gossip try Ebay and Facebook.

If you are so disinterested in debating, why are you constantly posting to this thread? [/QUOTE]

Does the word "attention" fit into the agenda of this thread?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Confloozed for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Directions Japan-China as per Google maps. boxcarracer Jokes/funnies 4 03.11.2010 16:53
Shocking, disgusting behaviour by a traffic warden Zug bound Complaints corner 42 12.05.2008 23:33


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0