Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2321  
Old 15.06.2017, 17:30
22 yards's Avatar
Only in moderation
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel-Land
Posts: 7,310
Groaned at 210 Times in 168 Posts
Thanked 12,968 Times in 5,329 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
Other than FOX, all US news is extreme left-wing dominated.

Tom
Good to know that Breitbart, the Drudge Report, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh are all liberal leftist news sources. Or are they fake right wingers?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post:
  #2322  
Old 15.06.2017, 17:33
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 6,110
Groaned at 42 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 11,488 Times in 4,543 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
pretty cute to see babyboomers trying to wrap their heads around the term fake news.

is not telling the truth the same as lying? how does bias relate? discuss!

anyway, heres a nice collection of facepalm
http://imgur.com/a/c1RnG
Well, I'm a baby boomer, and I haven't much problem recognizing fake news, in the sense of wildly improbable positions, superficial reductionism, or spinning of everything so it lines up with some political position.

A great many of your posts, for example.

No, I don't do smilies, or post links to cartoons someone else created... I prefer to use my own words.

But if you are happy with "winning" an argument by observing that you're of a different age, and linking to some picture which expresses a derogatory stance for which your own mental and linguistic skills are inadequate...

There's a double "s" at the beginning of "diss'n", only a single one at the beginning of discussion. You don't seem to understand the distinction. Given that apparent fact, it is fairly clear why it is so difficult to discuss anything with you.
__________________
If everyone you know agrees with you consistently, they are either not listening, or not capable of critical thought.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #2323  
Old 15.06.2017, 17:36
22 yards's Avatar
Only in moderation
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel-Land
Posts: 7,310
Groaned at 210 Times in 168 Posts
Thanked 12,968 Times in 5,329 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
is not telling the truth the same as lying?
Is staying silent the same as lying? Er, no. Otherwise, by your standard, Sessions lied his way through the whole hearing on Tuesday on the Russian hacking scandal.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post:
  #2324  
Old 15.06.2017, 17:46
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 10,737
Groaned at 360 Times in 294 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
How did you get through high school exams?
Stood on his head obviously.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
  #2325  
Old 15.06.2017, 18:01
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,564
Groaned at 246 Times in 212 Posts
Thanked 11,553 Times in 6,309 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
How did you get through high school exams?
I had a bicycle
Reply With Quote
  #2326  
Old 15.06.2017, 18:08
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,564
Groaned at 246 Times in 212 Posts
Thanked 11,553 Times in 6,309 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
Stood on his head obviously.
Prefer to stand on someone elses head
Reply With Quote
  #2327  
Old 15.06.2017, 20:34
manwithnoname's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 472
Groaned at 66 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 1,209 Times in 484 Posts
manwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
Well, I'm a baby boomer, and I haven't much problem recognizing fake news, in the sense of wildly improbable positions, superficial reductionism, or spinning of everything so it lines up with some political position.

A great many of your posts, for example.

No, I don't do smilies, or post links to cartoons someone else created... I prefer to use my own words.

But if you are happy with "winning" an argument by observing that you're of a different age, and linking to some picture which expresses a derogatory stance for which your own mental and linguistic skills are inadequate...

There's a double "s" at the beginning of "diss'n", only a single one at the beginning of discussion. You don't seem to understand the distinction. Given that apparent fact, it is fairly clear why it is so difficult to discuss anything with you.
smilies? what are you talking about? did you even click the link? and scroll perhaps?

it is not simply a matter of spinning some story. you have to assume the worst. the journalists you hold in high regard? they are no different from me apart from occupation: assholes with an opinion. you take affront to my style? i am not alone in that as well - it is the current political discourse (in case you havent noticed)

the problem is that many still take the msm very serious, because back in the day it's all you had. and that lingers especially in older minds. like how kids refuse to stop believing in santa when told he is fake. imagine trying to convince the kid when hes 60 years old.

and anyway, it was just a jab at your age... imagine being called a racist piece of shit for literally nothing at all. see what that does to your willingness to discuss. hell, you might still be willing yourself. the accusers maybe not so much. effective tactics.
Reply With Quote
  #2328  
Old 15.06.2017, 20:53
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 2,096
Groaned at 61 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 5,111 Times in 2,325 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
and anyway, it was just a jab at your age... imagine being called a racist piece of shit for literally nothing at all. see what that does to your willingness to discuss. hell, you might still be willing yourself. the accusers maybe not so much. effective tactics.
I didn't have you pegged as being a kid, until today. How does that make you feel?

This is the thing... If someone calls you a babyboomer or Generation X or a kid, it's a matter of fact unless you say otherwise.

When someone calls you a racist, it's a matter of opinion that you can reflect upon and, perhaps, change the behaviour that led someone to hold this opinion of you.

If someone had told me when I was 18, that I'd end up a South African, I'd have told them no effing way! But here I am, happily shacked up with one. He never needed to prove to me that he wasn't racist because it was blindingly obvious from his acts, deeds and the people he shared his time with.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #2329  
Old 15.06.2017, 20:58
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,564
Groaned at 246 Times in 212 Posts
Thanked 11,553 Times in 6,309 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
smilies? what are you talking about? did you even click the link? and scroll perhaps?

it is not simply a matter of spinning some story. you have to assume the worst. the journalists you hold in high regard? they are no different from me apart from occupation: assholes with an opinion. you take affront to my style? i am not alone in that as well - it is the current political discourse (in case you havent noticed)

the problem is that many still take the msm very serious, because back in the day it's all you had. and that lingers especially in older minds. like how kids refuse to stop believing in santa when told he is fake. imagine trying to convince the kid when hes 60 years old.

and anyway, it was just a jab at your age... imagine being called a racist piece of shit for literally nothing at all. see what that does to your willingness to discuss. hell, you might still be willing yourself. the accusers maybe not so much. effective tactics.
"the problem is that many still take the msm very serious" Well of course because there is no better alternative? You will perhaps have noticed that when your friend Trump gets into hot water he start ringing around the msm like Washington Post and New York Times.

The internet is an untamed jungle with little honesty and nobody you can take to an Internet ethics committee or has any real assets so you can sue them for false publishing.

The Internet is also heavily populated with Intelligent machines (bots) that distribute fake news faster than you can blink and are deniable (I mean you cannot trace back who funds and directs them).

"they are no different from me apart from occupation" You could say the same about brain surgeons; I expect you do
__________________
It is naive to assume my posts are my own work
Reply With Quote
  #2330  
Old 15.06.2017, 21:25
manwithnoname's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 472
Groaned at 66 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 1,209 Times in 484 Posts
manwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
This is the thing... If someone calls you a babyboomer or Generation X or a kid, it's a matter of fact unless you say otherwise.

When someone calls you a racist, it's a matter of opinion that you can reflect upon and, perhaps, change the behaviour that led someone to hold this opinion of you.
so what is the problem? that you think i am technically wrong because you (or any other reader) may have been born just outside some not-too-strictly defined bracket?

Quote:
View Post
"the problem is that many still take the msm very serious" Well of course because there is no better alternative? You will perhaps have noticed that when your friend Trump gets into hot water he start ringing around the msm like Washington Post and New York Times.

"they are no different from me apart from occupation" You could say the same about brain surgeons; I expect you do
what about trumps twitter usage? hows that for an alternative? at least a start perhaps? isnt that the whole point? directly to joe on the couch instead of some filter in between?

true, i guess brain surgeons are also assholes with an opinion like the rest of us. except they do not influence other assholes on a massive scale so who cares? at least they are useful and command massive respect, unlike journalists.
Reply With Quote
  #2331  
Old 15.06.2017, 22:10
pilatus1's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: directly above center of earth
Posts: 1,268
Groaned at 140 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 3,382 Times in 1,344 Posts
pilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
what about trumps twitter usage? hows that for an alternative? at least a start perhaps? isnt that the whole point? directly to joe on the couch instead of some filter in between?....

true, i guess brain surgeons .............are useful and command massive respect, unlike journalists.
But what happens when different words are multi-syllabic and you suddenly find that you've run over the 140 character li
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank pilatus1 for this useful post:
  #2332  
Old 15.06.2017, 22:11
pilatus1's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: directly above center of earth
Posts: 1,268
Groaned at 140 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 3,382 Times in 1,344 Posts
pilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

oh, nevermind.

covfefe.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank pilatus1 for this useful post:
  #2333  
Old 15.06.2017, 22:14
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 8,564
Groaned at 246 Times in 212 Posts
Thanked 11,553 Times in 6,309 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
so what is the problem? that you think i am technically wrong because you (or any other reader) may have been born just outside some not-too-strictly defined bracket?

what about trumps twitter usage? hows that for an alternative? at least a start perhaps? isnt that the whole point? directly to joe on the couch instead of some filter in between?

true, i guess brain surgeons are also assholes with an opinion like the rest of us. except they do not influence other assholes on a massive scale so who cares? at least they are useful and command massive respect, unlike journalists.
"born just outside some not-too-strictly defined bracket" Simply put "the difference between young and naive versus old and cunning"

"what about trumps twitter usage? ..... directly to joe on the couch"
The president currently enjoys 31 million followers on Twitter, far less than Barack Obama's 89.2 million and way too high for a man who doesn't know how to thread properly.
Though Trump nonetheless experienced a fairly steady increase in his number of followers over the past three and half months, the vast majority of them appear to be bots.

Source

If we compare real users, not fake, (see my link) we see that Obama has five times as many real twitter followers; so who is better at talking to "joe on the couch"?
Trump is not the trend setter here, just a poor follower

If by "joe on the couch" you mean the unskilled white males that Trump appeals to then I doubt they are sitting in their trailers in the middle of nowhere hunched over their smart phones
__________________
It is naive to assume my posts are my own work
Reply With Quote
  #2334  
Old 15.06.2017, 22:30
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 6,110
Groaned at 42 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 11,488 Times in 4,543 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
smilies? what are you talking about? did you even click the link? and scroll perhaps?

it is not simply a matter of spinning some story. you have to assume the worst. the journalists you hold in high regard? they are no different from me apart from occupation: assholes with an opinion. you take affront to my style? i am not alone in that as well - it is the current political discourse (in case you havent noticed)

the problem is that many still take the msm very serious, because back in the day it's all you had. and that lingers especially in older minds. like how kids refuse to stop believing in santa when told he is fake. imagine trying to convince the kid when hes 60 years old.

and anyway, it was just a jab at your age... imagine being called a racist piece of shit for literally nothing at all. see what that does to your willingness to discuss. hell, you might still be willing yourself. the accusers maybe not so much. effective tactics.
1. How the hell would you know who I hold in high regard, journalist or non journalist? You assume, presumably because I don't say "Amen" to each of your posts, that I must be misinformed because of the media you presume I consume. You don't know jack about what media I consume, nor what scrutiny I subject it to, but that doesn't stop you passing a blanket judgement on my position because... wait for it.... I happen to be born in a certain year?

2. Use whatever style you wish. What would that style be? "Arrogance exceeds Ignorance" would be close. I don't have a problem with your style, it's the fact that you're not presenting much other than spleen and invalid presumptions.

3. You weren't there back in the day, so just shut up. On top of that, you're still banging away with the same presumption which I've already pointed out has nothing whatsoever to do with me, certainly not in any way that would be discoverable by you, even if you did bother to read what I've written.

4. "Just a jab at your age" i.e. a non sequitur. My age hasn't got anything to do with the veracity of my opinion, I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and say it doesn't influence yours either, but given your juvenile insistence on my age making understanding impossible... I'm struggling to give you the benefit of the doubt.

5. When have I called you, or anyone else a "racist piece of shit"? If you want to pissed at someone because of something they wrote, then have the character to aim your wet powder rhetoric at the appropriate target.

6. Tactics? You really haven't the foggiest.
__________________
If everyone you know agrees with you consistently, they are either not listening, or not capable of critical thought.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #2335  
Old 15.06.2017, 23:08
manwithnoname's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 472
Groaned at 66 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 1,209 Times in 484 Posts
manwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
1. How the hell would you know who I hold in high regard, journalist or non journalist? You assume, presumably because I don't say "Amen" to each of your posts, that I must be misinformed because of the media you presume I consume. You don't know jack about what media I consume, nor what scrutiny I subject it to, but that doesn't stop you passing a blanket judgement on my position because... wait for it.... I happen to be born in a certain year?

2. Use whatever style you wish. What would that style be? "Arrogance exceeds Ignorance" would be close. I don't have a problem with your style, it's the fact that you're not presenting much other than spleen and invalid presumptions.

3. You weren't there back in the day, so just shut up. On top of that, you're still banging away with the same presumption which I've already pointed out has nothing whatsoever to do with me, certainly not in any way that would be discoverable by you, even if you did bother to read what I've written.

4. "Just a jab at your age" i.e. a non sequitur. My age hasn't got anything to do with the veracity of my opinion, I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and say it doesn't influence yours either, but given your juvenile insistence on my age making understanding impossible... I'm struggling to give you the benefit of the doubt.

5. When have I called you, or anyone else a "racist piece of shit"? If you want to pissed at someone because of something they wrote, then have the character to aim your wet powder rhetoric at the appropriate target.

6. Tactics? You really haven't the foggiest.
my god, the babyboomer thing really did struck a nerve? you are the one that made this shit about you in the first place. i simply rolleyed at the dumb giggling about nonpublished fakenews. i pictured old ladies having tea and biscuits thus i half-joke cynically about babyboomers knowing that indeed many are on EF. never once did i mention you specifically, nor did i have anyone in mind.

someone shot at republicans, i mention this is what happens with the demonization ie fake news. then the discussion is about what is fake news (boring). i explain, and a minor thing gets (willfully) misunderstood. that devolves into a circlejerk and i halfjoke about old people not getting it followed by a sentence that should make one think why absence of news can also be fake news.

that can lead to two things. either act offended by my banter or take the argument and rebut (or say "amen" of course).
Reply With Quote
  #2336  
Old 15.06.2017, 23:21
JagWaugh's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 6,110
Groaned at 42 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 11,488 Times in 4,543 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
my god, the babyboomer thing really did struck a nerve? you are the one that made this shit about you in the first place. i simply rolleyed at the dumb giggling about nonpublished fakenews. i pictured old ladies having tea and biscuits thus i half-joke cynically about babyboomers knowing that indeed many are on EF. never once did i mention you specifically, nor did i have anyone in mind.

someone shot at republicans, i mention this is what happens with the demonization ie fake news. then the discussion is about what is fake news (boring). i explain, and a minor thing gets (willfully) misunderstood. that devolves into a circlejerk and i halfjoke about old people not getting it followed by a sentence that should make one think why absence of news can also be fake news.

that can lead to two things. either act offended by my banter or take the argument and rebut (or say "amen" of course).
No, you haven't struck a nerve. Perhaps you've misinterpreted my rebuttal of your post point for point as some indication that I am angry.

I'm just trying to make it as easy as possible for your to understand.

I do that with dogs, and small children.

You're the one who's throwing the wild accusations around, not me.

Does it make a difference if the shooting victim was a Republican, Democrat, or even a human being of some sort or other? Does it matter whether the shooter was a Republican or a Democrat, who's party they worked for?

Not to me. Some asshole shot someone else. The rest is just detail. Even if the target was also an asshole, that's also just a detail. Not everything is political. MSN and your beloved non MSN miss the point, as do you.
__________________
If everyone you know agrees with you consistently, they are either not listening, or not capable of critical thought.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #2337  
Old 15.06.2017, 23:36
manwithnoname's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 472
Groaned at 66 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 1,209 Times in 484 Posts
manwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
No, you haven't struck a nerve. Perhaps you've misinterpreted my rebuttal of your post point for point as some indication that I am angry.

I'm just trying to make it as easy as possible for your to understand.

I do that with dogs, and small children.

You're the one who's throwing the wild accusations around, not me.

Does it make a difference if the shooting victim was a Republican, Democrat, or even a human being of some sort or other? Does it matter whether the shooter was a Republican or a Democrat, who's party they worked for?

Not to me. Some asshole shot someone else. The rest is just detail. Even if the target was also an asshole, that's also just a detail. Not everything is political. MSN and your beloved non MSN miss the point, as do you.
ok sure, youre not angry.

does it make a difference he says... would you rather some asshole shot me or your nearest and dearest?

would you rather have someone die from random accident or killed on purpose because of property x?

no difference between getting killed for political opinion, and getting killed because lightning struck...

what a shit attitude, imo. i'll leave the philosophy and ethics of it for you intellectuals.
Reply With Quote
  #2338  
Old 15.06.2017, 23:47
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 16,553
Groaned at 1,063 Times in 822 Posts
Thanked 44,070 Times in 13,627 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
would you rather some asshole shot me
Well, if you're offering...
Reply With Quote
  #2339  
Old 15.06.2017, 23:59
manwithnoname's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 472
Groaned at 66 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 1,209 Times in 484 Posts
manwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond reputemanwithnoname has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
Well, if you're offering...
oh noes.

babyboomer morals...

how many heartbeats left, breakfast? 300 or so?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank manwithnoname for this useful post:
  #2340  
Old 16.06.2017, 00:05
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 2,096
Groaned at 61 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 5,111 Times in 2,325 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A shooting just happened in ( *fill in the blank * )

Quote:
View Post
true, i guess brain surgeons are also assholes with an opinion like the rest of us. except they do not influence other assholes on a massive scale so who cares? at least they are useful and command massive respect, unlike journalists.
I have massive respect for serious journalists. Not your office bound hacks, but the on the ground journalists, war correspondents and photographers.

My all time hero, beyond any shadow of a doubt, is Robert Capa. You can keep all your film stars, rock stars, etc... Capa has been my idol since I was 16yrs old.

Real journalists can change our view of the World around us by giving us knowledge rather than opinion, and by exposing the truth no matter how ugly it is. If you want to see what real journalism is, I would kindly suggest you watch a film called 'The Bang Bang Club' then decide if you could do that for the sake of getting the truth out there. Not many of us could.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
florida, gay, isis, killed, muslim students, shooting, usa




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My boss is a.......(fill in the gap) goombie General off-topic 35 28.01.2011 15:55
Recreational Shooting in the Geneva canton MAWLER Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 9 31.08.2010 17:04
What just happened please i could not access the forum Sutter Forum support 44 25.05.2009 20:03
Do I need to fill in Tax forms for the US? Roe Finance/banking/taxation 14 18.06.2008 19:17
What's just happened to the Swiss Franc? Tim Finance/banking/taxation 7 08.05.2007 17:24


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0