Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 06.07.2014, 23:57
PennyMama's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: zurich
Posts: 294
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 274 Times in 157 Posts
PennyMama has earned the respect of manyPennyMama has earned the respect of manyPennyMama has earned the respect of many
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
Maybe take your own advice on that one.
sigh.

Quote:
View Post
Take a closer look. That's a groan.
no, i meant a different post, and just in general.

Quote:
View Post
No, but one does not need to look very far for the evidence.
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium-1.602715
Evidence of what? That settlers protest too? Good for them! What does that prove? That there is some conspiracy of preferencial treatment??

Quote:
Wile you at it take a close look at all the References most are out of a Israeli news paper "Haaretz"
Since I was criticized before for linking to an unreliable newspaper, let me state that Haaretz is not what one would consider reliable. Just last week I was reseaching a confirmed rumour, and guess what? It was in Haaretz. I wont get into tuhe fact of being a platform for bashing Israelis and Jews at just about every opportunity. One sided reporting is fine just make sure its accurate. Naming a newspaper a hebrew name doesnt make them the experts on what goes on in israel.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06.07.2014, 23:59
Dougal's Breakfast's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 16,555
Groaned at 1,063 Times in 822 Posts
Thanked 44,083 Times in 13,632 Posts
Dougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond reputeDougal's Breakfast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Hmmm... a load of people get burned alive in Bangladesh - nobody gives a monkey's.

A fortnight later one person gets burned alive in the Levant. We get a nice long thread on the subject.

What's the difference?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Dougal's Breakfast for this useful post:
  #63  
Old 06.07.2014, 23:59
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 161
Groaned at 12 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 111 Times in 56 Posts
homesick_alien has earned the respect of manyhomesick_alien has earned the respect of manyhomesick_alien has earned the respect of many
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
Evidence of what? That settlers protest too? Good for them! What does that prove? That there is some conspiracy of preferencial treatment??
how many settlers were shot, maimed, bludgeoned to within an inch of their lives in that protest?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07.07.2014, 00:00
JoMiFa's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 327
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 285 Times in 153 Posts
JoMiFa has earned the respect of manyJoMiFa has earned the respect of manyJoMiFa has earned the respect of many
Re: Riots - vandalism

Quote:
View Post
38-year-old Hassin Yousef Hassin Khalifah from the Arab village of Iblin in the Galilee, confesses and is arrested for having stabbed Shelly Danan to death, then disposed of her body in a parking lot in Migdal Ha’emek. She had been on her way for a job interview. No riots – no vandalism -

3 israeli teenagers were murdered – No riots – no vandalism -

The murder of Tabu-Khder.Riots – vandalism – ongoing anti-semitic attacks
Maybe because there is not a foreign military occupying force to riot against.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07.07.2014, 00:18
PennyMama's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: zurich
Posts: 294
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 274 Times in 157 Posts
PennyMama has earned the respect of manyPennyMama has earned the respect of manyPennyMama has earned the respect of many
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
how many settlers were shot, maimed, bludgeoned to within an inch of their lives in that protest?
How many of those protestors were throwing firebombs at law enforcment? How many of those had to spend a night in prison just for being a peaceful bystander? You can quote me from newspapers but I have witnessed this first hand.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07.07.2014, 00:46
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,577
Groaned at 178 Times in 138 Posts
Thanked 5,756 Times in 3,155 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
Hmmm... a load of people get burned alive in Bangladesh - nobody gives a monkey's.

A fortnight later one person gets burned alive in the Levant. We get a nice long thread on the subject.

What's the difference?





Entertainment before TV, Bring it back TV sucks
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cannut for this useful post:
  #67  
Old 07.07.2014, 07:00
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,023
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
Hmmm... a load of people get burned alive in Bangladesh - nobody gives a monkey's.

A fortnight later one person gets burned alive in the Levant. We get a nice long thread on the subject.

What's the difference?
To quote Indira Gandhi Can you tell me how many inhabitants East Pakistan (Bangladesh) has ?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07.07.2014, 07:48
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,185
Groaned at 328 Times in 175 Posts
Thanked 2,127 Times in 928 Posts
treesarehalal is considered unworthytreesarehalal is considered unworthytreesarehalal is considered unworthytreesarehalal is considered unworthytreesarehalal is considered unworthy
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
Hmmm... a load of people get burned alive in Bangladesh - nobody gives a monkey's.

A fortnight later one person gets burned alive in the Levant. We get a nice long thread on the subject.

What's the difference?
If anyone on this thread had any honour your post would have been answered seriously already instead of flippantly or idioticly (Wolli).
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07.07.2014, 08:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 6,370
Groaned at 221 Times in 172 Posts
Thanked 7,892 Times in 4,261 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
If anyone on this thread had any honour your post would have been answered seriously already instead of flippantly or idioticly (Wolli).
I suppose that doesn't include you because I haven't seen your non-flippantly/idioticly analysis yet ...

Last edited by greenmount; 07.07.2014 at 08:20.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07.07.2014, 09:01
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,185
Groaned at 328 Times in 175 Posts
Thanked 2,127 Times in 928 Posts
treesarehalal is considered unworthytreesarehalal is considered unworthytreesarehalal is considered unworthytreesarehalal is considered unworthytreesarehalal is considered unworthy
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
I suppose that doesn't include you because I haven't seen your non-flippantly/idioticly analysis yet ...
Way to change the point, yet again. Do you have an answer to Dougals breakfast's question or not?
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07.07.2014, 09:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 6,370
Groaned at 221 Times in 172 Posts
Thanked 7,892 Times in 4,261 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
Way to change the point, yet again. Do you have an answer to Dougals breakfast's question or not?
Do you?
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07.07.2014, 09:20
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,185
Groaned at 328 Times in 175 Posts
Thanked 2,127 Times in 928 Posts
treesarehalal is considered unworthytreesarehalal is considered unworthytreesarehalal is considered unworthytreesarehalal is considered unworthytreesarehalal is considered unworthy
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
Do you?
it's like talking to a toddler.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at treesarehalal for this post:
  #73  
Old 07.07.2014, 09:21
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 6,370
Groaned at 221 Times in 172 Posts
Thanked 7,892 Times in 4,261 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
it's like talking to a toddler.
Yep, totally agree. A trolling toddler, at that.

Haven't you got tired, btw? Wait, you're going to throw a temper tantrum now.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07.07.2014, 09:47
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 45
Groaned at 50 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 76 Times in 53 Posts
wonderful is considered unworthywonderful is considered unworthywonderful is considered unworthywonderful is considered unworthy
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
Way to change the point, yet again. Do you have an answer to Dougals breakfast's question or not?

Tunesian News. A father burnt his 12 year old daughter to death for Walking home with a Boy.


Pakistan. Woman burnt alive for refusing to marry a man.


Yemen. 15 year old girl burnt to death by her father, she was in contact with her boyfriend before marriage.


There's a book, haven't read it. " Burned alive." A survivor of an "honour killing" speaks.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 07.07.2014 at 10:39. Reason: fixed quoting
Reply With Quote
This user groans at wonderful for this post:
  #75  
Old 07.07.2014, 10:12
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 10,390
Groaned at 249 Times in 210 Posts
Thanked 18,834 Times in 6,893 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
If anyone on this thread had any honour your post would have been answered seriously already instead of flippantly or idioticly (Wolli).
It's obvious, but anyway... what happens in Bangladesh is for global politics about as important as the famous bag of rice falling over in China. Same is true for Nigerian schoolgirls. Nobody cares about religious motivated hate crimes in Burma either.

Tensions in the middle East from Egypt to Israel or say a conflict in Ukraine will get more coverage as it is more relevant to Europeans, end of story. I find it always funny how people try to make a point on how biased the media is with their coverage - all they care about is selling newspapers. If Bangladeshi/Pakistani/Nigerian or any other victims would sell them they'd report more about them.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post:
  #76  
Old 07.07.2014, 14:41
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Basel
Posts: 161
Groaned at 12 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 111 Times in 56 Posts
homesick_alien has earned the respect of manyhomesick_alien has earned the respect of manyhomesick_alien has earned the respect of many
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
How many of those protestors were throwing firebombs at law enforcment? How many of those had to spend a night in prison just for being a peaceful bystander? You can quote me from newspapers but I have witnessed this first hand.
This is my last message on this thread: It seems that you are ready to defend just about anything I might say against the actions of Isreali authorities - you can argue and play down the truth all day long - in reality the facts speak for themselves.

There are many documented cases of peaceful Palestinian demonstrations that were met with cruel and unprovoked murder.

For example:

February 26th, 2004:
Muhammad Fadel Hashem Rian, age 25 and Zakaria Mahmoud ‘Eid Salem, age 28
Shot dead during a demonstration against the wall in Biddu. Unprovoked

February 26th, 2004:
Abdal Rahman Abu ‘Eid, age 17
Died of a heart attack after teargas projectiles were shot into his home during a demonstration against the wall in Biddu. Unprovoked

February 26th, 2004:
Muhammad Da’ud Saleh Badwan, age 21
Shot during a demonstration against the wall in Biddu. Muhammad died of his wounds on March 3rd 2004. Unprovoked

April 16th, 2004:
Hussein Mahmoud ‘Awad ‘Alian, age 17
Shot dead during a demonstration against the wall in Betunya. Unprovoked

April 18th, 2004:
Diaa’ A-Din ‘Abd al-Karim Ibrahim Abu ‘Eid, age 23
Shot dead during a demonstration against the wall in Biddu. Unprovoked

April 18th, 2004:
Islam Hashem Rizik Zhahran, age 14
Shot during a demonstration against the wall in Deir Abu Mash’al. Islam died of his wounds April 28th. Unprovoked

Such needless deaths is a tragedy at any age, but note also how young some of those killed have been. Unprovoked

The above it a tiny sample of the countless murders that take place. Not including the random sniper shootings.

To quote Roni Barkan, a member of the Anarchists Against the Wall: the Israeli military has been using increasingly more force against the nonviolent protests. It seems that since Operation Cast Lead IDF soldiers and commanders have been conducting themselves in an even less
moral and humane manner; they are firing at anything that moves."


Quote:
View Post
How many of those protestors were throwing firebombs at law enforcment?
Given the above, why would anyone not defend themselves?

Quote:
View Post
How many of those protestors were throwing firebombs at law enforcment?
oh please.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank homesick_alien for this useful post:
  #77  
Old 07.07.2014, 17:46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 45
Groaned at 50 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 76 Times in 53 Posts
wonderful is considered unworthywonderful is considered unworthywonderful is considered unworthywonderful is considered unworthy
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
This is my last message on this thread: It seems that you are ready to defend just about anything I might say against the actions of Isreali authorities - you can argue and play down the truth all day long - in reality the facts speak for themselves.

There are many documented cases of peaceful Palestinian demonstrations that were met with cruel and unprovoked murder.

For example:

February 26th, 2004:
Muhammad Fadel Hashem Rian, age 25 and Zakaria Mahmoud ‘Eid Salem, age 28
Shot dead during a demonstration against the wall in Biddu. Unprovoked

February 26th, 2004:
Abdal Rahman Abu ‘Eid, age 17
Died of a heart attack after teargas projectiles were shot into his home during a demonstration against the wall in Biddu. Unprovoked

February 26th, 2004:
Muhammad Da’ud Saleh Badwan, age 21
Shot during a demonstration against the wall in Biddu. Muhammad died of his wounds on March 3rd 2004. Unprovoked

April 16th, 2004:
Hussein Mahmoud ‘Awad ‘Alian, age 17
Shot dead during a demonstration against the wall in Betunya. Unprovoked

April 18th, 2004:
Diaa’ A-Din ‘Abd al-Karim Ibrahim Abu ‘Eid, age 23
Shot dead during a demonstration against the wall in Biddu. Unprovoked

April 18th, 2004:
Islam Hashem Rizik Zhahran, age 14
Shot during a demonstration against the wall in Deir Abu Mash’al. Islam died of his wounds April 28th. Unprovoked

Such needless deaths is a tragedy at any age, but note also how young some of those killed have been. Unprovoked

The above it a tiny sample of the countless murders that take place. Not including the random sniper shootings.

To quote Roni Barkan, a member of the Anarchists Against the Wall: the Israeli military has been using increasingly more force against the nonviolent protests. It seems that since Operation Cast Lead IDF soldiers and commanders have been conducting themselves in an even less
moral and humane manner; they are firing at anything that moves."


Given the above, why would anyone not defend themselves?

oh please.

Since this is your last message on this thread, I would like to give you something to read ….. and ponder ….

These are just some of the wonders “made in Israel” which are transforming the lives of thousands of people across the globe.Including you.
  • First Care Emergency Bandage – is used to stop bleeding in trauma situations. Has saved the life of US Congresswomand Gabrille Giffors.
  • Mobileye – built into every new car in the world.
  • SensAheart – can be used at home and in the hospital to detect a heart attack
  • Nicom – non-invasive cardiac output monitor to prevent sepsis – one of the top 10 causes of death in USA.
  • Lube airway collar – cervical collar device for severe trauma to the neck.First ever non-invasive device that can open an airway.
  • Agilite Instant Harness - world’s smallest Class II rappelling harness, saved the lives of South African miners trapped underground 2013.
  • Injured Personnel Carrier - novel hand-free device allows one rescuer to carry an injured person.
  • The Babysense breathing monitor alerts parents of respiratory cessation in babies. Has helped protect more than 600.000 babies from crib death around the world.
  • Hyginex – smart bracelet to be worn by every staff member in a hospital to make sure that everyone washes their hand.
  • FODetect – keeps runways around the world safe from foreign objects. Damage to aircraft caused by FOD is $4 billion each year. It also caused the Concorde to crash in 2000, killing 113 people.
  • iMayDay iPhone app – sets of an alarm and emails to 5 pre-determined address to inform emergency workers about the accident.
  • PerSys Medical’s Blizzard Survival – rescued a mother and son with the Llanberis Mountain Rescue team in March.
  • Micromedic Technologies – diagnoses early intervention colorectal cancer, bladder cancer, lung cancer etc.
  • NowForce smarphone app – uses GPS to get first-response teams quickly.
  • Skysaver – to help evacuate skyscrapers in emergency situations.
  • Oxitone – watch that could save your life, measures your blood oxygen levels and alerts to a potential heart attack. Expected on the market within a year.
  • Autotalks – keeps drivers and passengers safer. By 2015 all car manufacturers will have it.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 07.07.2014 at 19:06. Reason: spacing issues
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at wonderful for this post:
  #78  
Old 07.07.2014, 17:58
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 34
Groaned at 30 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 49 Times in 21 Posts
Caramelized has annoyed a few people around hereCaramelized has annoyed a few people around hereCaramelized has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post

Since this is your last message on this thread, I would like to give you something to read ….. and ponder ….


These are just some of the wonders “made in Israel” which are transforming the lives of thousands of people across the globe.Including you.


  • First Care Emergency Bandage – is used to stop bleeding in trauma situations. Has saved the life of US Congresswomand Gabrille Giffors.
  • Mobileye – built into every new car in the world.
  • SensAheart – can be used at home and in the hospital to detect a heart attack
  • Nicom – non-invasive cardiac output monitor to prevent sepsis – one of the top 10 causes of death in USA.
  • Lube airway collar – cervical collar device for severe trauma to the neck.First ever non-invasive device that can open an airway.
  • Agilite Instant Harness - world’s smallest Class II rappelling harness, saved the lives of South African miners trapped underground 2013.
  • Injured Personnel Carrier - novel hand-free device allows one rescuer to carry an injured person.
  • The Babysense breathing monitor alerts parents of respiratory cessation in babies. Has helped protect more than 600.000 babies from crib death around the world.
  • Hyginex – smart bracelet to be worn by every staff member in a hospital to make sure that everyone washes their hand.
  • FODetect – keeps runways around the world safe from foreign objects. Damage to aircraft caused by FOD is $4 billion each year. It also caused the Concorde to crash in 2000, killing 113 people.
  • iMayDay iPhone app – sets of an alarm and emails to 5 pre-determined address to inform emergency workers about the accident.
  • PerSys Medical’s Blizzard Survival – rescued a mother and son with the Llanberis Mountain Rescue team in March.
  • Micromedic Technologies – diagnoses early intervention colorectal cancer, bladder cancer, lung cancer etc.
  • NowForce smarphone app – uses GPS to get first-response teams quickly.
  • Skysaver – to help evacuate skyscrapers in emergency situations.
  • Oxitone – watch that could save your life, measures your blood oxygen levels and alerts to a potential heart attack. Expected on the market within a year.
  • Autotalks – keeps drivers and passengers safer. By 2015 all car manufacturers will have it.
gives them the right to kill people ?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07.07.2014, 18:09
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zürich
Posts: 45
Groaned at 50 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 76 Times in 53 Posts
wonderful is considered unworthywonderful is considered unworthywonderful is considered unworthywonderful is considered unworthy
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Quote:
View Post
gives them the right to kill people ?


Absolutely not.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 08.07.2014, 16:19
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,577
Groaned at 178 Times in 138 Posts
Thanked 5,756 Times in 3,155 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Palestinian teen [possibly] burned alive

Heard on "CTV" news (Cdn) last night,"Five Hamas Fighter killed in Gaza"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
israel, palestine, teen




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bristol man burned to death Reb77Br International affairs/politics 99 28.11.2013 17:14
Palestinian wins Arab Idol song contest Castro International affairs/politics 1 23.06.2013 12:34
2nd LEVEL SUPPORTER WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE (preferaly alive) teweidem Jobs offered 3 25.01.2012 13:46
One teen boy, two teen girls, and homicide lux_interior General off-topic 5 30.07.2010 19:13
3 yr old burned PatriciaNBern Family matters/health 18 29.09.2008 19:34


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0