Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02.12.2014, 09:38
Hausamsee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lucerne
Posts: 428
Groaned at 91 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 558 Times in 251 Posts
Hausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputation
Westminster Paedophile Ring

I'm a bit disappointed this still seems to be successfully kept out of the press even though one could consider a story (with enough credo) about British MP's under Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the 80's, who abused and KILLED children from care homes.

There was an exaro report recently that reported that those in high authority were waiting for Leon Brittan (the one that allegedly hid documentation), to pop his clogs before charges were brought.

This involves: The Royal family, the BBC, a famous pop star (really famous), MI5, well known MP's in cabinet at the time and some serving now, Jill Dando's murder, etc.

Even revelations under a little investigation would be bigger news than (for example) this today...

Considering also the fact that many people were having a hard time in the early 80's getting jobs, and industry was being ransacked, destroyed and sold-off cheaply along with the decimation of the UK's car industry, some (like me for example) would love to see some punishment dished out soon for the henious crimes of those in authority who were supposed to be doing their best for us at the time instead of abusing those most vulnerable of children.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Hausamsee for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 06.12.2014, 11:16
Hausamsee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lucerne
Posts: 428
Groaned at 91 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 558 Times in 251 Posts
Hausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputation
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Seems that there is even a press block going on as the normally reliable news now site hasn't been updated with this from the Daily Mail (which has really taken a lead on this subject it seems).

Scotland Yard 'hid top MP's name.......'

...or this.

Last edited by Hausamsee; 06.12.2014 at 11:52.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Hausamsee for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 18.12.2014, 22:34
Hausamsee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lucerne
Posts: 428
Groaned at 91 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 558 Times in 251 Posts
Hausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputation
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

News today that abuse also took place on 'Military bases' as Evening Standard reports...

And murdered boys by VIP sex ring are 'credible and true - Police' ...so please, why can't those involved be named?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Hausamsee for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 23.12.2014, 10:29
Connor MacLeod's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: here
Posts: 781
Groaned at 92 Times in 61 Posts
Thanked 2,485 Times in 821 Posts
Connor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
News today that abuse also took place on 'Military bases' as Evening Standard reports...

And murdered boys by VIP sex ring are 'credible and true - Police' ...so please, why can't those involved be named?
Innocent until proven guilty?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23.12.2014, 11:22
Hausamsee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lucerne
Posts: 428
Groaned at 91 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 558 Times in 251 Posts
Hausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputation
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
Innocent until proven guilty?
Saville was innocent and never proven guilty until after he died, that's ok with you?

And why some MP's might die before being brought to trial too? Possibly one or two of these....

Last edited by Hausamsee; 23.12.2014 at 12:44.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23.12.2014, 12:01
Connor MacLeod's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: here
Posts: 781
Groaned at 92 Times in 61 Posts
Thanked 2,485 Times in 821 Posts
Connor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond reputeConnor MacLeod has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
Saville was innocent and never proven guilty until he died, that's ok with you?

And why some MP's might die before being brought to trial too? Possibly one or two of these....
Of course its not ok however that is a different issue. That's the authorities not doing their jobs properly.

Remaining anonymous during an investigation should work both ways.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18.12.2014, 23:19
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lucerne
Posts: 230
Groaned at 37 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 154 Times in 82 Posts
armed_neutrality is considered a nuisancearmed_neutrality is considered a nuisancearmed_neutrality is considered a nuisance
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
Seems that there is even a press block going on as the normally reliable news now site hasn't been updated with this from the Daily Mail (which has really taken a lead on this subject it seems).

Scotland Yard 'hid top MP's name.......'

...or this.
The first one comes up if you search for "scotland yard hid name", so I reckon it's just how their search works, ie it comes up higher if the words are in the headline.

Edit: removed follow up sentence that didn't make sense given the timing.

Last edited by armed_neutrality; 18.12.2014 at 23:20. Reason: removed follow up sentence that didn't make sense given the timing.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18.12.2014, 23:23
swisspea's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: From one side of lake Zurich to the other...
Posts: 5,818
Groaned at 33 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 5,488 Times in 2,610 Posts
swisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond reputeswisspea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

I read the article and I have the impression that they are hoping to encourage more victims to come forward, so to confirm credibility, they will not want too many details to go public. What would public airing do? Wait till it goes to court... Then the details can come out...it is extremely difficult to get convictions for these sorts of cases... They need a lot of evidence and consistent details before it can move to court...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 19.12.2014, 00:10
Hausamsee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lucerne
Posts: 428
Groaned at 91 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 558 Times in 251 Posts
Hausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputation
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
I read the article and I have the impression that they are hoping to encourage more victims to come forward, so to confirm credibility, they will not want too many details to go public. What would public airing do? Wait till it goes to court... Then the details can come out...it is extremely difficult to get convictions for these sorts of cases... They need a lot of evidence and consistent details before it can move to court...
I had that impression in this article too, I agree to some extent with what you are saying but many of those who were involved as third-party for example, drivers, assistants, secretaries, etc hold the key to enable Police to cross-reference victims statements. Very few of these seem to want to cooperate confirming (in my view) the extent of abuse by very well known establishment figures. I think it is just a matter of progressing into detail that more victims would come forward anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 19.12.2014, 01:36
Pachyderm's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,266
Groaned at 59 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 2,450 Times in 866 Posts
Pachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
I'm a bit disappointed this still seems to be successfully kept out of the press even though one could consider a story (with enough credo) about British MP's under Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the 80's, who abused and KILLED children from care homes.

There was an exaro report recently that reported that those in high authority were waiting for Leon Brittan (the one that allegedly hid documentation), to pop his clogs before charges were brought.

This involves: The Royal family, the BBC, a famous pop star (really famous), MI5, well known MP's in cabinet at the time and some serving now, Jill Dando's murder, etc.

Even revelations under a little investigation would be bigger news than (for example) this today...

Considering also the fact that many people were having a hard time in the early 80's getting jobs, and industry was being ransacked, destroyed and sold-off cheaply along with the decimation of the UK's car industry, some (like me for example) would love to see some punishment dished out soon for the henious crimes of those in authority who were supposed to be doing their best for us at the time instead of abusing those most vulnerable of children.
You seem to have quite a bee in your bonnet over this story.

Far from "being kept out of the press", it's been doing the rounds for many years, waiting for some hard evidence to support it. No doubt there is something at the heart of it, though the idea that 'the Establishment' is locked into some conspiracy of silence seems far-fetched.

Without evidence, it's not reasonable to drop all these names into your post and talk about Thatcher-supporting MPs abusing and killing children.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 19.12.2014, 19:25
Hausamsee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lucerne
Posts: 428
Groaned at 91 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 558 Times in 251 Posts
Hausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputation
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
You seem to have quite a bee in your bonnet over this story.

Far from "being kept out of the press", it's been doing the rounds for many years, waiting for some hard evidence to support it. No doubt there is something at the heart of it, though the idea that 'the Establishment' is locked into some conspiracy of silence seems far-fetched.

Without evidence, it's not reasonable to drop all these names into your post and talk about Thatcher-supporting MPs abusing and killing children.
That's really not true, we're talking about a cover-up in which evidence has been suppressed ... ...it is also a little condescending to say I have a bee in my bonnet, I would say though I do have a personal interest in seeing these creeps get what they deserve, it is just a question of the issue getting some traction by revealing a perpetrator or two. Were you a Thatcher supporter by any chance?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 19.12.2014, 20:32
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 13,928
Groaned at 439 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 19,030 Times in 7,976 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
That's really not true, we're talking about a cover-up in which evidence has been suppressed ... ...it is also a little condescending to say I have a bee in my bonnet, I would say though I do have a personal interest in seeing these creeps get what they deserve, it is just a question of the issue getting some traction by revealing a perpetrator or two. Were you a Thatcher supporter by any chance?
Was Margaret Thatcher an abuser? Did she personally cover something up?
If so, what has being a supporter of Thatcher got to do with it?

Cyril Smith has been mentioned in reports. He was a liberal.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 19.12.2014, 21:55
Hausamsee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lucerne
Posts: 428
Groaned at 91 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 558 Times in 251 Posts
Hausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputation
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
Was Margaret Thatcher an abuser? Did she personally cover something up?
If so, what has being a supporter of Thatcher got to do with it?

Cyril Smith has been mentioned in reports. He was a liberal.
She knew enough, google the title of this thread and her name and hey presto, up comes Peter Morrison, her private secretary, who was abusing young boys...

...she was Not some celebrity MP but Prime Minister... ...these facts speak for themselves, no?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 20.12.2014, 00:12
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 2,502
Groaned at 149 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 4,389 Times in 1,685 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
She knew enough, google the title of this thread and her name and hey presto, up comes Peter Morrison, her private secretary, who was abusing young boys...

...she was Not some celebrity MP but Prime Minister... ...these facts speak for themselves, no?
No.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 20.12.2014, 13:09
Pachyderm's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,266
Groaned at 59 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 2,450 Times in 866 Posts
Pachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond reputePachyderm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
That's really not true, we're talking about a cover-up in which evidence has been suppressed ... ...it is also a little condescending to say I have a bee in my bonnet, I would say though I do have a personal interest in seeing these creeps get what they deserve, it is just a question of the issue getting some traction by revealing a perpetrator or two. Were you a Thatcher supporter by any chance?
No, I wasn't a Thatcher supporter. Far from it. But sex scandals are not restricted to one party and one generation, and it's wrong to be selective.

It seems pretty certain that there are scandals waiting to be exposed, but let's deal with facts rather than speculation. There is a new official investigation underway now and another appeal has been made for people to come forward with information, so there seems to be no cover-up or suppression going on now, even if that happened in the past.

It's frustrating that allegations tend to be made about people only after they have died. It means 'justice denied' to victims, and offenders going unpunished -- as well as the danger of some people being wrongly accused without being able to respond.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Pachyderm for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 09.03.2015, 20:49
Jack of all trades.'s Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 795
Groaned at 19 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 641 Times in 310 Posts
Jack of all trades. has an excellent reputationJack of all trades. has an excellent reputationJack of all trades. has an excellent reputationJack of all trades. has an excellent reputation
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

The problem is the vast majority of our leaders, movie stars etc are completely off their rockers. Psychopaths are world class liars you see. They cruise through lie detectors. Piece of cake. And they have excellent memories which is almost a pre-requisite to being a top lawyer/politician.

In a nut shell the pre-requisits to being a top politician pretty much match exactly with the skill set of a psychopath. Same goes for CEOs, brain surgeons, generals and so on.

Unfortunately the bigger problem is that most of the masses are too scared of educating themselves/wising up to what we have as our leaders.

YT has some very fascinating vids on psychopath/psychotics etc that have been caught and serving life in jail. Some of their families didnt have a clue what their husband/father was up to. The Ted Bundy and the ice man interviews are quite educational.

Instead of asking, "how can a human do this to another human?"

Why not look for the root causes. And you wont find them on popular media. they avoid that like the plague. Furthermore recent advances in brain imaging has cast a new light on the field of psychology and neurology and there are some excellent new books out on what causes a person to be a psychopath.

__________________
England and America are two countries separated by a common language. George Shaw 1856-1950
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09.03.2015, 21:07
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Geneva
Posts: 3,013
Groaned at 32 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 3,784 Times in 1,701 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
It goes on everywhere, it's not just the UK.
In my case the police had strong suspicions that a few local magistrates and judges were also involved, but were blocked from investigating further.
After four years of we settled for getting the one conviction we could prove.
Quote:
View Post
Which was?
Not sure I understand the question... if you mean which case, a man responsible for molesting a couple of young children about twenty years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09.03.2015, 21:10
Hausamsee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lucerne
Posts: 428
Groaned at 91 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 558 Times in 251 Posts
Hausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputation
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
Not sure I understand the question... if you mean which case, a man responsible for molesting a couple of young children about twenty years ago.
You said you managed to get one conviction, what was that for (is what I meant)?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09.03.2015, 21:55
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Near Geneva
Posts: 3,013
Groaned at 32 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 3,784 Times in 1,701 Posts
Anjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond reputeAnjela has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
You said you managed to get one conviction, what was that for (is what I meant)?
I don't remember the exact phraseology, and am not prepared to root through all the paperwork to find it (too painful), but basically it was the sexual abuse of minors.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09.03.2015, 22:10
Hausamsee's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lucerne
Posts: 428
Groaned at 91 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 558 Times in 251 Posts
Hausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputationHausamsee has an excellent reputation
Re: Westminster Paedophile Ring

Quote:
View Post
I don't remember the exact phraseology, and am not prepared to root through all the paperwork to find it (too painful), but basically it was the sexual abuse of minors.
Again I say that you should be proud you pursued it though we all know he will never suffer, no matter how much punishment he gets, as much as the poor victims.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mp's, paedophiles, politics




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ring appraisal mountains1661 Other/general 2 20.08.2013 23:45
'Sex box' initiative fails after paedophile scandal The Local Swiss news via The Local 0 05.06.2012 12:26
Ring resizing gata General off-topic 4 25.04.2011 18:55
lost a ring? weekerry Daily life 5 08.04.2010 21:12
Australia deports UK paedophile Castro International affairs/politics 8 20.03.2008 22:36


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0