Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 22.07.2015, 18:42
California Dreamer's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 988
Groaned at 72 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 992 Times in 504 Posts
California Dreamer has an excellent reputationCalifornia Dreamer has an excellent reputationCalifornia Dreamer has an excellent reputationCalifornia Dreamer has an excellent reputation
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
Is Iran's involvement in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq , Yemen considered in "Interfering" ?
Is the CIA and Mossads involvement considered interfering?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank California Dreamer for this useful post:
  #42  
Old 22.07.2015, 18:58
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 464
Groaned at 197 Times in 145 Posts
Thanked 1,722 Times in 941 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
Is the CIA and Mossads involvement considered interfering?
If you can't answer the question and/or spell I doubt you'll understand the answer.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 22.07.2015, 20:30
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 7,426
Groaned at 246 Times in 209 Posts
Thanked 8,943 Times in 4,684 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
Is Iran's involvement in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq , Yemen considered in "Interfering" ?
You justify one wrong with another. That eventually means anything goes.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
  #44  
Old 22.07.2015, 21:02
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 464
Groaned at 197 Times in 145 Posts
Thanked 1,722 Times in 941 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
You justify one wrong with another. That eventually means anything goes.
So you agree that Iran's involvement in other countries is wrong.

I don't share your sentiment fully - Iran is a dictatorship and there is opposition to this dictatorship which is pro democracy. Not taking sides, is also taking a side.

Which "interfering" did the U.S do in Iran in the last 30 years ? Obama stayed away from supporting the pro democracy forces.

The current agreement will give Iran more money which will be used to increase it's interference in other countries. But I'm sure your aid packages to Yemen are already sent.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Pashosh for this useful post:
  #45  
Old 22.07.2015, 23:41
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,984
Groaned at 68 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,797 Posts
crazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond reputecrazygringo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
I find that recounting of history somewhat shallow. Did you read up on this in depth, or through a magazine article? Was it published by the current government of Iran? I think it glosses over a number of salient topics:
-Context of the Cold War
-The role of Britain
-The role of Iranians themselves
-The present situation

I never saw free oil, and I don't believe US troops were involved in Iran's political turmoil.

I find national interests, which peace is one of them, a much more reliable motive and objective than wishful thinking. But yeah, Obama desperately needed to appear like he accomplished something in his presidency.
it is only in the last couple of years that the CIA has come clean as to its involvement in the coordination of the 1953 coup in Iran. there is more than enough publicly-available information, including through the CIA website, to connect the dots. yes, the Brits were in cahoots with us, but that doesn't excuse our actions.

I think the Cold War is helpful to explain our actions in Korea and Vietnam, and to explain our historical support of the Saudis and Israel, but less so when talking about Iran. after all, we were more than happy with Iran so long as the Shah was there doing our bidding.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank crazygringo for this useful post:
  #46  
Old 23.07.2015, 00:27
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 571
Groaned at 52 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 362 Times in 203 Posts
saiya-jin is considered knowledgeablesaiya-jin is considered knowledgeablesaiya-jin is considered knowledgeable
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

you create your own demons by your own mistakes... sad part is, the rest of the world needs to somehow live with it, and it's consequences.

either CIA folks is completely, utterly useless in what they are supposed to do (which can be very well true), or they are just a bunch of aggressive, arrogant a**holes playing bloody games for fun, knowing well how one stab leads to many others in future. I presume something in between, or rather mix of both.

Not that others are any better, but they at least don't try to claim some higher moral ground
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank saiya-jin for this useful post:
  #47  
Old 23.07.2015, 01:06
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,038
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
You might stay on topic, The burning flags and "Death to America" might give you a hint.

When were flags burnt in Tehran last time ? And when were "Death to America" Slogans shouted there last time ?


Iran supports the USA struggle against ISIS and so increasingly is in the USA-allies-camp


I admittedly do not expect Iranian officers to be sent over to West Point soon, but Iranian officers will be dispatched again to Sandhurst /UK as well as to St. Cyr /France and to military academies of Russia
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 23.07.2015, 01:17
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,038
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
Is Iran's involvement in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq , Yemen considered in "Interfering" ?

Lebanon : they there Support BOTH the AMAL Party and HIZBULLAH, the two Shi'ite parties


In Syria they support the Allawites who are together with the Ismaelites of the Aga Khan Shi'ites


In Iraq and in Yemen they support the local Shi'ites
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 23.07.2015, 08:29
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 7,426
Groaned at 246 Times in 209 Posts
Thanked 8,943 Times in 4,684 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
So you agree that Iran's involvement in other countries is wrong.

I don't share your sentiment fully - Iran is a dictatorship and there is opposition to this dictatorship which is pro democracy. Not taking sides, is also taking a side.

Which "interfering" did the U.S do in Iran in the last 30 years ? Obama stayed away from supporting the pro democracy forces.

The current agreement will give Iran more money which will be used to increase it's interference in other countries. But I'm sure your aid packages to Yemen are already sent.
The embargo 1990-2003 on Iraq from under Hussein is estimated to have caused 500'000 dead children. I haven't seen any estimates on the cost of Iran sanctions, but as they're obviously useful there must be some.

There's a reason why the US are called the devil. Only a fool keeps creating his own enemies.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 23.07.2015, 09:06
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,038
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
The embargo 1990-2003 on Iraq from under Hussein is estimated to have caused 500'000 dead children. I haven't seen any estimates on the cost of Iran sanctions, but as they're obviously useful there must be some.

There's a reason why the US are called the devil. Only a fool keeps creating his own enemies.

Mr al-Takriti can be well compared to DoubleUU. I btw do not call foreign state leaders with their first names. *"Saddam" was not a first Name but his Nom-de-Guerre (KUENSTLERNAME)


Here btw nice pics of HUSSEIN BIN TALAL, the unforgettable King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqREn9T3Gu8

Last edited by Wollishofener; 23.07.2015 at 09:18.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 23.07.2015, 11:12
California Dreamer's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 988
Groaned at 72 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 992 Times in 504 Posts
California Dreamer has an excellent reputationCalifornia Dreamer has an excellent reputationCalifornia Dreamer has an excellent reputationCalifornia Dreamer has an excellent reputation
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
If you can't answer the question and/or spell I doubt you'll understand the answer.
So one minuscule spelling mistake completly justifies their actions to further destabilize the region? I guess I shouldn't type from a fcking phone anymore, it might cause WWIII. Opps, just made another spelling mistake.


Quote:
View Post
you create your own demons by your own mistakes... sad part is, the rest of the world needs to somehow live with it, and it's consequences.

either CIA folks is completely, utterly useless in what they are supposed to do (which can be very well true), or they are just a bunch of aggressive, arrogant a**holes playing bloody games for fun, knowing well how one stab leads to many others in future. I presume something in between, or rather mix of both.

Not that others are any better, but they at least don't try to claim some higher moral ground
It's not a department policy and most of the CIA and Mossad do what they are supposed to do and there is nothing wrong by that. But we all know (some of us pretend not to know) that in both departments exist a shadow department that is unaccountable for. These arrogant, aggressive a**holes are playing bloody games for fun and profit. It's good for businees especially considering that the U.S and Israel are the largest arms peddlers in the world.
This is the dreamer side of me but if you forbid the sale of arms to other countries you can do much to reduce this craziness. I also think Israel should allow inspections of its nuclear arsenal. If they can't do that then they have no right to complain. Double standards and all that.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 23.07.2015, 11:18
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,651
Groaned at 351 Times in 302 Posts
Thanked 13,781 Times in 7,576 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
When were flags burnt in Tehran last time ? And when were "Death to America" Slogans shouted there last time ?


Iran supports the USA struggle against ISIS and so increasingly is in the USA-allies-camp


I admittedly do not expect Iranian officers to be sent over to West Point soon, but Iranian officers will be dispatched again to Sandhurst /UK as well as to St. Cyr /France and to military academies of Russia


when were "Death to America" Slogans shouted there last time ?

June 22 2015 here http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015...ections-video/
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 23.07.2015, 14:38
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,038
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
when were "Death to America" Slogans shouted there last time ?

June 22 2015 here http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015...ections-video/


as the text says several members of parliament shouted but NOT the parliament in its entirety
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 23.07.2015, 18:58
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,651
Groaned at 351 Times in 302 Posts
Thanked 13,781 Times in 7,576 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
as the text says several members of parliament shouted but NOT the parliament in its entirety


OK then about "When were flags burnt in Tehran last time ? And when were "Death to America" Slogans shouted there last time ? "



How about July 14, 2015 (Iran's Quds Day) complete with pictures?
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/61...america-israel


All in front of President Hassan Rouhani
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #55  
Old 23.07.2015, 19:53
Phos's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH
Posts: 7,745
Groaned at 542 Times in 416 Posts
Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,411 Posts
Phos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond reputePhos has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
And when were "Death to America" Slogans shouted there last time ?
They did the day before, and the day before that, and likely tomorrow. its part of their liturgy in the central mosque. There is interesting article on NYT about the men whose responsibility is to whip up the anti-Western fervor at every service. You couldn't miss this with one eye closed. Maybe you could miss it with both eyes closed.


Quote:
View Post
Not that others are any better, but they at least don't try to claim some higher moral ground
You're referring to the theocracy in Iran? LOL. Wow, Ahmandinejad was taking measures in preparation for the Mahdi in accordance to some literal interpretation of some prophecies.


Quote:
View Post
It's good for businees especially considering that the U.S and Israel are the largest arms peddlers in the world.
This is the dreamer side of me but if you forbid the sale of arms to other countries you can do much to reduce this craziness.
As if all arms sales are from these two. Just about every developed country produces and exports arms. Lovely idea to stop arms production, but its impossible. I'd love to close my eyes and my mind too and dream there are no bad guys.


Quote:
View Post
I also think Israel should allow inspections of its nuclear arsenal. If they can't do that then they have no right to complain. Double standards and all that.
Israel has had for some time, and have managed to keep their people safe. Evidence by the fact they haven't used it. I'm not sure if arming each and every other rogue state is a great idea. It kind of sounds like a perversion of fairness. But should they start lobbing it at each other, lets remember how we enjoyed a world before nuclear war became widespread.

I get the sense you folks are more interested in destabilizing Israel than world peace.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 23.07.2015, 21:53
California Dreamer's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 988
Groaned at 72 Times in 39 Posts
Thanked 992 Times in 504 Posts
California Dreamer has an excellent reputationCalifornia Dreamer has an excellent reputationCalifornia Dreamer has an excellent reputationCalifornia Dreamer has an excellent reputation
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
They did the day before, and the day before that, and likely tomorrow. its part of their liturgy in the central mosque. There is interesting article on NYT about the men whose responsibility is to whip up the anti-Western fervor at every service. You couldn't miss this with one eye closed. Maybe you could miss it with both eyes closed.




You're referring to the theocracy in Iran? LOL. Wow, Ahmandinejad was taking measures in preparation for the Mahdi in accordance to some literal interpretation of some prophecies.




As if all arms sales are from these two. Just about every developed country produces and exports arms. Lovely idea to stop arms production, but its impossible. I'd love to close my eyes and my mind too and dream there are no bad guys.




Israel has had for some time, and have managed to keep their people safe. Evidence by the fact they haven't used it. I'm not sure if arming each and every other rogue state is a great idea. It kind of sounds like a perversion of fairness. But should they start lobbing it at each other, lets remember how we enjoyed a world before nuclear war became widespread.

I get the sense you folks are more interested in destabilizing Israel than world peace.
Actually no, at least not me. I have no problems with Israel or the Jewish people at all. They have every right to exist and live peacefully just like the rest of us. The problem for ME is I hold Israel to a higher standard cause I consider them to be more civil, educated and more modern. But there is a pesky ultra right wing that causes problems. Just like the right wing USA who chants Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran on a daily basis as well. So can you blame the Iranians?
What really pisses me off is that most of the civilians in all these countries want nothing more than to live in peace, get along, have a nice job with a nice salary etc. It's only a small handful of powerful people at the very top that screws everything up. There will always be bad guys. Like to yen there will always be yang. But to have a policy that tries to pump millions of arms, dollars and training with the goal of creating chaos only to sell more arms to create more chaos.........it should just end already. We live on a damn primate planet. We know who does it, we know who profits, why do they not face the end of their own medicine? I may be a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank California Dreamer for this useful post:
  #57  
Old 23.07.2015, 22:58
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,705
Groaned at 179 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 5,878 Times in 3,235 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
As if all arms sales are from these two. Just about every developed country produces and exports arms. Lovely idea to stop arms production, but its impossible. I'd love to close my eyes and my mind too and dream there are no bad guys.




Israel has had for some time, and have managed to keep their people safe. Evidence by the fact they haven't used it. I'm not sure if arming each and every other rogue state is a great idea. It kind of sounds like a perversion of fairness. But should they start lobbing it at each other, lets remember how we enjoyed a world before nuclear war became widespread.

I get the sense you folks are more interested in destabilizing Israel than world peace.

A stabilized Israel and we have word peace Great
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cannut for this useful post:
  #58  
Old 24.07.2015, 10:07
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,038
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
OK then about "When were flags burnt in Tehran last time ? And when were "Death to America" Slogans shouted there last time ? "



How about July 14, 2015 (Iran's Quds Day) complete with pictures?
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/61...america-israel


All in front of President Hassan Rouhani

The JERUSALEM DAY is a widely observed ritual
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 24.07.2015, 10:19
Wollishofener's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Glattbrugg
Posts: 19,038
Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
They did the day before, and the day before that, and likely tomorrow. its part of their liturgy in the central mosque. There is interesting article on NYT about the men whose responsibility is to whip up the anti-Western fervor at every service. You couldn't miss this with one eye closed. Maybe you could miss it with both eyes closed.




You're referring to the theocracy in Iran? LOL. Wow, Ahmandinejad was taking measures in preparation for the Mahdi in accordance to some literal interpretation of some prophecies.




As if all arms sales are from these two. Just about every developed country produces and exports arms. Lovely idea to stop arms production, but its impossible. I'd love to close my eyes and my mind too and dream there are no bad guys.




Israel has had for some time, and have managed to keep their people safe. Evidence by the fact they haven't used it. I'm not sure if arming each and every other rogue state is a great idea. It kind of sounds like a perversion of fairness. But should they start lobbing it at each other, lets remember how we enjoyed a world before nuclear war became widespread.

I get the sense you folks are more interested in destabilizing Israel than world peace.

I never was in Tehran and so do not know all the ritual customs there


And selling weapons to Iran will be big business again. British Aerospace, Matra, Dassault, Sukhoi, Mikoyan-Gurevich most likely are busily working on their quotations now


But the Producers of civil airplanes will not sleep either. Airbus, Bombardier, Boeing, Embraer. Ilyushin, Tupolev, Sukhoi, Antonov, Mitsubishi etc also will Quote


Most will also offer packages for licence production
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 24.07.2015, 10:47
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,700
Groaned at 211 Times in 179 Posts
Thanked 20,447 Times in 8,716 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
as the text says several members of parliament shouted but NOT the parliament in its entirety
Nevertheless, if several members of German parliament were to shout "death to Jews", there would rightly be an outcry, even if it was just a handful of idiots and not parliament in its entirety.

Has there been an outcry in Iran?

Or if that's too much of a Godwin argument for you, replace the word Jews by some other group.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0