Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #841  
Old 19.02.2016, 13:27
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Misery-Courtion
Posts: 15,280
Groaned at 190 Times in 153 Posts
Thanked 11,127 Times in 6,340 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
Is anybody able to verify that that post appears or appeared on Trump's Facebook page? It has all the grammatical accuracy of a 14-year-old Mexican student of English. Is this what Americans now expect of their President?

"...the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been President..."

"...they understand I am totally wise to them..."
I can, because I copied it from his Facebook page. And as I said, it's still there:

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump...56658168535725

Worrying thing may be that it's got 174,000 likes.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #842  
Old 19.02.2016, 13:30
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
Who do you hold responsible for the interminable suffering of the people of Zimbabwe ? For the murder of their white farmers and the subsequent famine ? Who do you hold responsible for the forced and popular expulsion of Nigerians from South Africa - see picture and link :
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...052935681.html

oh, the Africans of course i.e. in the case of Zimbabwe, Mugabe is the only cause of their suffering.
As in the case of South Africa, those South Africans who attacked Nigerians last year in January are definitely to blame.
Me saying that Europeans are to blame for the extermination of natives of some countries that they colonized does not mean that i am saying that Africans themselves never ever committed terrible crimes themselves. Africans kill themselves in very many countries all over the planet and anyone who wants to call them up on that should please go ahead and do so. Please do not confuse one with the other as both instances stand on their own.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bature for this useful post:
  #843  
Old 19.02.2016, 13:41
parnell's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 409
Groaned at 101 Times in 62 Posts
Thanked 1,151 Times in 555 Posts
parnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputation
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
oh, the Africans of course i.e. in the case of Zimbabwe, Mugabe is the only cause of their suffering.
As in the case of South Africa, those South Africans who attacked Nigerians last year in January are definitely to blame.
Me saying that Europeans are to blame for the extermination of natives of some countries that they colonized does not mean that i am saying that Africans themselves never ever committed terrible crimes themselves. Africans kill themselves in very many countries all over the planet and anyone who wants to call them up on that should please go ahead and do so. Please do not confuse one with the other as both instances stand on their own.
Fair enough - I misjudged you earlier - there is no doubt that there were very many bad things done on the Churches behalf - however there were many great things - and I'd encourage you to look into the role of the Church in ther defence of Europe from Constantin as well as he Renaissance and Mother Teresa's actions in Calcutta , not to mention the role of the Church in Ireland - often not told of educating the poor when no one else does. I can remember myself and members of my family making contributions to the poor Africa in Church collections but it seems that caries no sway with you.


EDIT : That's nonsense about Mugabe of course - he is still an immensely popular figure in Zim - it is the fault of the Zimbabweans themselves who elected and continually re-elected him.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank parnell for this useful post:
  #844  
Old 19.02.2016, 13:50
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
Fair enough - I misjudged you earlier - there is no doubt that there were very many bad things done on the Churches behalf - however there were many great things - and I'd encourage you to look into the role of the Church in ther defence of Europe from Constantin as well as he Renaissance and Mother Teresa's actions in Calcutta , not to mention the role of the Church in Ireland - often not told of educating the poor when no one else does. I can remember myself and members of my family making contributions to the poor Africa in Church collections but it seems that caries no sway with you.
Oh Mother Theresa was no saint. She was a firm believer in suffering as supposed to saving i.e. she preferred to let people starve then to actually save them, because she considered suffering the ultimate sacrifice anyone could make to god. She was also very much against contraceptives. She was mostly interested in getting donations and concessions for her sisterhood. That was all she cared about
A long time ago Hitchens did a documentary on Mother Theresa, take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65JxnUW7Wk4

I have nothing against education or helping the poor and needy, but why preach whilst doing it? You can teach someone how to read and write or help them otherwise, but why force your religious dogma and nonsense onto them in the process? Why hold a sandwich to ransom in exchange for a bible?
I ask you this, you do know that Hisbollah does a whoollleeee lot of social work in Palestine don't you? you do know that they feed the poor there and provide employment, same as IS in Syria (in the conquered regions). Do those deeds make up for the fact that both i.e. Hisbollah and IS are murderers? No is does not, so why then for the catholic church?
I ask you this, please name one good/nobel/charitable deed, i repeat one good deed, that a person of faith can do that a person without any religious beliefs at all cannot do? Just one. see if you can come up with an answer to that.
Then i ask you this; please name one evil deed that a person of faith can commit that a person without faith cannot commit. Thats a much easier question. Answers like suicide bombing, genital mutilation and so on immediately come to mind.
What does that tell us? For a good person to be good and do good things, that person does not need faith. So why use good deeds as excuse for preaching and oppression? Why give churches and religions a pat on the back for doing things that people could do without them in the first place?
It also tells us that in order for good people to do bad things then thats when faith is needed...

Last edited by bature; 19.02.2016 at 14:02.
Reply With Quote
  #845  
Old 19.02.2016, 13:53
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,486
Groaned at 175 Times in 135 Posts
Thanked 5,595 Times in 3,076 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
Just to stir the pot. Donald Trump's grandparents came from Kallstadt, Germany, a tiny town in the Pfalz. The father of the founder of Heinz ketchup also came from Kallstadt. John Kerry is married to Teresa Heinz:


This must be the first trump tower
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cannut for this useful post:
  #846  
Old 19.02.2016, 13:55
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post


EDIT : That's nonsense about Mugabe of course - he is still an immensely popular figure in Zim - it is the fault of the Zimbabweans themselves who elected and continually re-elected him.
Oh that is true, mostly but not completely. It is hard to vote for anyone else if no one else exists. There is no opposition whatsoever in Zimbabwe. Its just like in North Korea, are the north koreans completely at fault for the government they have? you do know poverty, lack of access to independent information and brainwashing play huge roles in the situations in such oppressed countries don't you?...
Reply With Quote
  #847  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:06
parnell's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 409
Groaned at 101 Times in 62 Posts
Thanked 1,151 Times in 555 Posts
parnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputation
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
Oh Mother Theresa was no saint. She was a firm believer in suffering as supposed to saving i.e. she preferred to let people starve then to actually save then because she considered suffering the ultimate sacrifice anyone can make to god. She was also very much against contraceptives. She was mostly interested in getting donations and concessions for her sisterhood. That was all she cared about
Kindly go to the missionaries of Charity (founded) in anyone of the major cities in the world and volunteer... shame on you for your ignorance sir :

there's one in Zurich :
http://www.flyingcroissant.ch/?page_id=56
Quote:
Missionaries of Charity is a Roman Catholic religious order established in 1950 by Mother Teresa of Calcutta. It consists of over 4500 sisters and is active in 133 countries.
Members of the order must adhere to the vows of chastity, poverty and obedience, and the fourth vow, to give “wholehearted and free service to the poorest of the poor”.
In Zürich the Missionaries of Charity provide emergency shelter for mothers with their children who find themselves in difficult circumstances, but they do not turn away others in need who turn up at their door. These services are provided free of charge to people regardless of their religion or social background.
Quote:
View Post
A long time ago Hitchens did a documentary on Mother Theresa, take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65JxnUW7Wk4
I have seen it and it is so full of half truths and unfounded nonsense that even his brother fell out with him over it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Hitchens
Quote:
While Peter Hitchens used to be an atheist like his older brother Christopher Hitchens,[57] he became a Christian later in his life. Accordingly, he became a member of the Church of England and is now an advocate of moral virtues founded on the Christian faith and institutions such as marriage.[58] Today Hitchens defends the use of the Church of England's 1662 Book of Common Prayer and of the King James Bible. Of the latter, he has written "it is not simply a translation, but a poetic translation, written to be read out loud... to lodge in the mind and to disturb the temporal with the haunting sound of the eternal."[59] He argues Christianity has been systematically undermined by social liberals and cultural Marxists. "The left's real interests are moral, cultural, sexual and social. They lead to a powerful state. This is not because they actively set out to achieve one," Hitchens writes.[60] "It is because the left's ideas – by their nature – undermine conscience, self-restraint, deferred gratification, lifelong marriage and strong, indivisible families headed by authoritative fathers."[60]

Quote:
View Post
I have nothing against education or helping the poor and needy, but why preach whilst doing it? You can teach someone how to read and write or help them otherwise, but why force you religious dogma and nonsense onto them in the process? Why hold a sandwich to ransom in exchange for a bible?
There is no ransom as you will learn if you bother to educate yourself - there is only decency - and shame on you if you cannot see that.

Quote:
View Post
I ask you this, you do know that Hisbollah does a whoollleeee lot of social work in Palestine don't you? you do know that they feed the poor there and provide employment, same as IS in Syria (in the conquered regions). Do those deeds make up for the fact that both i.e. Hisbollah and IS are murderers? No is does not, so why then for the catholic church?
The Catholic church is a murderer is it ??? Both Hisbollah and IS condemn others to death - where does the Church do that ???

Quote:
View Post
I ask you this, please name one good/nobel/charitable deed, i repeat one good deed that a person of faith can do that a person without any religious beliefs at all cannot do? Just one. see if you can come up with an answer to that.
There are only deeds that one can do that provide peace to believers which non believers are probably unable to do since they do not have knowledge of those rituals.

Quote:
View Post
Then i ask you this; please one evil deed that a person of faith can commit that a person without faith cannot commit. Thats a much easier question. Answers like suicide bombing, genital mutilation and so on immediately come to mind.
No all of those are possible - as one ALWAYS has free will - as do Christian Africans - even if you wish to use the excuse of their ignorance.

Quote:
View Post
What does that tell us? For a good person to be good and do good things, that person does not need faith. So why use good deeds and as excuse for preaching and oppression?
It also tells us that in order for good people to do bad things then faith is needed...
You should really look into the origins of modern man , the progression of societies from bloodthirsty multi-theistics ones to much more peaceful mono-theistic ones to the 20th century genocides by atheists to realise that statistically speaking you're flat out wrong.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank parnell for this useful post:
  #848  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:10
parnell's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 409
Groaned at 101 Times in 62 Posts
Thanked 1,151 Times in 555 Posts
parnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputation
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
Oh that is true, mostly but not completely. It is hard to vote for anyone else if no one else exists. There is no opposition whatsoever in Zimbabwe. Its just like in North Korea, are the north koreans completely at fault for the government they have? you do know poverty, lack of access to independent information and brainwashing play huge roles in the situations in such oppressed countries don't you?...
Really ????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moveme...%93_Tsvangirai

Quote:
The Movement for Democratic Change Zimbabwe (MDCZ) is a political party and currently the main opposition party in the House of Assembly of Zimbabwe. It is the main formation formed from the split of the original Movement for Democratic Change in 2005.
Reply With Quote
  #849  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:14
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post

There is no ransom as you will learn if you bother to educate yourself - there is only decency - and shame on you if you cannot see that.
What decency in christian teachings? that gays are freaks and should be stoned? or that the earth is flat?


Quote:
View Post
The Catholic church is a murderer is it ??? Both Hisbollah and IS condemn others to death - where does the Church do that ???
the catholic church has killed much, much, much,much more people than IS and Hisbollah combined. Thats a historical fact


Quote:
View Post
There are only deeds that one can do that provide peace to believers which non believers are probably unable to do since they do not have knowledge of those rituals.
Oh and doctors without borders provide no peace for those they take care of? How about the red cross?They provide help and peace without preaching or don't they?


Quote:
View Post
No all of those are possible - as one ALWAYS has free will - as do Christian Africans - even if you wish to use the excuse of their ignorance.
Free will you say? Holy books, i.e.Bible and Koran call for their believers to slaugther and kill non-believers. all one needs is to take a look into those said holy books. its all in there, murder and slaugther
Reply With Quote
  #850  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:17
parnell's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 409
Groaned at 101 Times in 62 Posts
Thanked 1,151 Times in 555 Posts
parnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputation
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
What decency in christian teachings? that gays are freaks and should be stoned? or that the earth is flat?
Go and learn. Read even. You're wrong.


Quote:
View Post
the catholic church has killed much, much, much,much more people than IS and Hisbollah combined. Thats a historical fact
Really ?? Post links then.

Quote:
View Post
Oh and doctors without borders provide no peace for those they take care of? How about the red cross?They provide help and peace without preaching or don't they?
Not what I wrote and not your question.


Quote:
View Post
Free will you say? Holy books, i.e.Bible and Koran call for their believers to slaugther and kill non-believers. all one needs is to take a look into those said holy books. its all in there, murder and slaugther
Oh good... let's see you quote a Bible passage where it calls for the slaughter of non-believers.
Reply With Quote
  #851  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:24
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
Go and learn. Read even. You're wrong.
great counter argument lol.


Quote:
View Post
Really ?? Post links then.
i should psot links of the catholic church commiting murder and genocide?really? really? ever heard of the Inquisition?Burning of witches at the stake? just one very small example.




Quote:
View Post
Oh good... let's see you quote a Bible passage where it calls for slaughter
Oh this is going to be fun
Exodus 35:2 – " For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death."

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 – "If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid."

Leviticus 20:13 – "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 – "If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity."

Deuteronomy 20:10-16 – "When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby. However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes."

Isaiah 13:13-16 – "Therefore I will make the heavens tremble; and the earth will shake from its place at the wrath of the LORD Almighty, in the day of his burning anger. Like a hunted gazelle, like sheep without a shepherd, each will return to his own people, each will flee to his native land. Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished."

need i continue?
Reply With Quote
  #852  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:28
parnell's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 409
Groaned at 101 Times in 62 Posts
Thanked 1,151 Times in 555 Posts
parnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputation
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
i should psot links of the catholic church commiting murder and genocide?really? really? ever heard of the Inquisition?Burning of witches at the stake? just one very small example.
Yup :
Quote:
View Post
the catholic church has killed much, much, much,much more people than IS and Hisbollah combined. Thats a historical fact


Quote:
View Post
Oh this is going to be fun
Exodus 35:2 – " For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death."

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 – "If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid."

Leviticus 20:13 – "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Deuteronomy 25:11-12 – "If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity."

Deuteronomy 20:10-16 – "When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby. However, in the cities of the nations the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes."

Isaiah 13:13-16 – "Therefore I will make the heavens tremble; and the earth will shake from its place at the wrath of the LORD Almighty, in the day of his burning anger. Like a hunted gazelle, like sheep without a shepherd, each will return to his own people, each will flee to his native land. Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished."

need i continue?
Yes you need to as none of those quotes are about slaughter of non-believers are they - which was after all your point ???
Reply With Quote
  #853  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:29
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
Yup :

Yes you need to as none of those quotes are about slaughter of non-believers are they ???
oh i wasn't done just yet

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Or Deuteronomy 13:
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.
12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.

there you go, stoning non-believers. Like i said, its all in there in the Bible; Murder and Slaugther
Reply With Quote
  #854  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:38
parnell's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 409
Groaned at 101 Times in 62 Posts
Thanked 1,151 Times in 555 Posts
parnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputation
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
oh i wasn't done just yet

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Or Deuteronomy 13:
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.
12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.

there you go, stoning non-believers. Like i said, its all in there in the Bible; Murder and Slaugther
Fair enough - the Old testament isn't great and certainly I've never heard a Catholic - or any other Christian priest go into any of that but
again where does the Catholic Church call for the killing of non believers ??
Reply With Quote
  #855  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:42
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
Fair enough - the Old testament isn't great and certainly I've never heard a Catholic - or any other Christian priest go into any of that but
again where does the Catholic Church call for the killing of non believers ??
yaawwnnnn. You have never heard the catholic church talking about the bible. yes, of course you haven't.

Where does the catholic church call for the killing of un-believers?
Didn't you just read what i wrote regarding the inquisition and the burning of witches? Or do you seriously think that those so-called witches were die hard catholics? really?
are we done here?i think we are...
Reply With Quote
  #856  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:48
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 5,631
Groaned at 209 Times in 161 Posts
Thanked 6,802 Times in 3,662 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
Fair enough - the Old testament isn't great and certainly I've never heard a Catholic - or any other Christian priest go into any of that but
again where does the Catholic Church call for the killing of non believers ??
Christians today aren't a danger to anyone...only to themselves.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #857  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:52
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 144
Groaned at 16 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 69 Times in 44 Posts
bature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeablebature is considered knowledgeable
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
Christians today aren't a danger to anyone...only to themselves.
and gay people...and women who want to abort their unwanted pregnancies...just 2 examples off the top of my head
Reply With Quote
  #858  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:54
parnell's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 409
Groaned at 101 Times in 62 Posts
Thanked 1,151 Times in 555 Posts
parnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputationparnell has an excellent reputation
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
yaawwnnnn. You have never heard the catholic church talking about the bible. yes, of course you haven't.
Again you don't seem to be good with the English language... the Catholic Church does not "talk" because it cannot - it's an insitution. Catholic priests on the other hand have had plenty to say on the bible but since Vatican II (you know what that is right ????) are mostly on the New Testament (again I'll assume you know something about that but I can't be certain). Now my earlier point was I have never heard a sermon on Deuteronomy 17 from any priest ever.


Quote:
View Post
Where does the catholic church call for the killing of un-believers?
You seem constantly confused between the present and the past historical tense. I recommend a dictionary and/or some English lessons.

Quote:
View Post
Didn't you just read what i wrote regarding the inquisition and the burning of witches? Or do you seriously think that those so-called witches were die hard catholics? really?
are we done here?i think we are...
Right I'll indulge your little history lesson just this once :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_..._modern_period
Quote:
The witch-trials emerge in the 15th century out of the practices surrounding the persecution of heresy in the medieval period, although they reach their peak only during the Wars of Religion following the Protestant Reformation.

While belief in witches and praeternatural evil were widespread in pre-Christian Europe,[7] the influence of the Church in the early medieval era resulted in the revocation of these laws in many places,[7][8] bringing an end to traditional pagan witch hunts.[7] Throughout the medieval era mainstream Christian teaching had denied the existence of witches and witchcraft, condemning it as pagan superstition.[9] However, Christian influence on popular beliefs in witches and maleficium (harm committed by magic), failed to entirely eradicate folk belief in witches.[10]

The work of Thomas Aquinas in the 13th century was instrumental in developing the new theology which would give rise to the witch hunts,[11] but because sorcery was judged by secular courts it was not until maleficium was identified with heresy that theological trials for witchcraft could commence.[12] The resurgence of witch-hunts at the end of the medieval period, taking place with at least partial support or at least tolerance on the part of the Church,[citation needed] was accompanied with a number of developments in Christian doctrine, i.e. the recognition of the existence of witchcraft as a form of Satanic influence, and its classification as a heresy. As Renaissance occultism gained traction among the educated classes, the belief in witchcraft, which in the medieval period had been part of the folk religion of the uneducated rural population at best, was incorporated into an increasingly comprehensive theology of Satan as the ultimate source of all maleficium.[13][14]

These changes the doctrinal shift were completed in the mid 15th century, specifically in the wake of the Council of Basel and centered on the Duchy of Savoy in the western Alps,[15] leading to an early series of witch trials by both secular and ecclesiastical courts in the second half of the 15th century.[16]
There you have it - no monopoly on witch trials by the Church despite your hysteria.
Reply With Quote
  #859  
Old 19.02.2016, 14:58
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aargau
Posts: 1,695
Groaned at 12 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 1,973 Times in 961 Posts
Mullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donald Trump and Co

It's time for a duel:

Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Mullhollander for this useful post:
  #860  
Old 19.02.2016, 15:00
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 8,668
Groaned at 150 Times in 129 Posts
Thanked 15,648 Times in 6,637 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donald Trump and Co

Quote:
View Post
and gay people...and women who want to abort their unwanted pregnancies...just 2 examples off the top of my head
This getting convoluted now, too convoluted for my little brain.

So there are some quotes in the Bible, to be precise in the book of Deuteronomy, a book that the Catholic Church teaches was abolished and replaced by a new law by Jesus, you know that hippy guy who said f@ck all those old laws my daddy made and just do unto others what you would have them do unto you, and because of these historic quotes, and because some people calling themselves Christians missed Jesus' memo (it's only been 2000 years, and what's that in the history of the universe?) and might still want to kills gays (even though the pope has never advocated the killing of gays), the Pope is right in his criticism of Trump's wall-building ambitions, but also at the same time wrong about everything and by extension wrong in criticising Trump. So all in all we're at a zero game as far as Trump is concerned even if things are looking bad for the pope (who isn't seeking to be elected POTUS anyway, and couldn't even if he wanted to seeing he was born in Argentina). Have I got it more or less right as a summary?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
Reply

Tags
brexit, donald trump, foreign policy, hillary clinton, hillary4prison2016, national security, trump




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Porn in Mc Donald's! donpiedro Swiss politics/news 15 11.12.2014 00:28
Donald Trump in Twitter prank Castro Jokes/funnies 2 30.09.2014 17:22
Obama ripping Trump selimhan International affairs/politics 13 20.06.2011 18:39


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:45.

Comparis

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0