Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2081  
Old 10.04.2018, 21:11
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Really? The whole thread is atbout Muslims, you're saying that Muslims support child marriage, and that Muslims will try to legalise it in Europe after they've somehow taken over.
Given that marriage with a child who has reached mensus is allowed under Islamic law and was also practiced by Muhammad, the role model who all Muslims aspire to be like, I don't think that most Muslims would be against child marriage with a girl 'of age' - why would they be if they truly believe in Islam?

And the question, which you seem unable to answer, is in the future if they were to form a majority of a European city, will they put European values over Islamic values?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #2082  
Old 10.04.2018, 21:27
Ace1's Avatar
A modal singularity
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Morgins, VS (and Alsace)
Posts: 8,709
Groaned at 352 Times in 225 Posts
Thanked 14,732 Times in 6,404 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Given that marriage with a child who has reached mensus is allowed under Islamic law and was also practiced by Muhammad, the role model who all Muslims aspire to be like, I don't think that most Muslims would be against child marriage with a girl 'of age' - why would they be if they truly believe in Islam?
You really are confused, aren't you? How many Muslims have you asked about this? None? Thought not. But don't let that stop you, after all, you don't seem to worry about facts getting in the way of a good rant the rest of the time, so why start now?

Quote:
View Post

And the question, which you seem unable to answer, is in the future if they were to form a majority of a European city, will they put European values over Islamic values?
Repeating it doesn't make it a valid question. It's based on a false assumption, as has been pointed out to you. Have you stopped beating your wife yet?
Reply With Quote
  #2083  
Old 10.04.2018, 21:39
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
You really are confused, aren't you? How many Muslims have you asked about this? None? Thought not. But don't let that stop you, after all, you don't seem to worry about facts getting in the way of a good rant the rest of the time, so why start now?
I've asked a lot of Muslims about it, most of them agree that marriage with a girl 'of age' is permissible under Islam and see nothing wrong with it.

You seem to have this idea that I don't know any Muslims yet I grew up very close with a lot of them and I've had many, many conversations with them about Islam.

Quote:
View Post
Repeating it doesn't make it a valid question. It's based on a false assumption, as has been pointed out to you. Have you stopped beating your wife yet?
It was about a hypothetical situation, I wouldn't call it impossible that Muslims may one day make up the majority of a European city.

But if you can't/don't want to answer that's fine.

Last edited by kriss kross; 10.04.2018 at 23:18.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at kriss kross for this post:
  #2084  
Old 10.04.2018, 21:53
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,748
Groaned at 430 Times in 371 Posts
Thanked 17,823 Times in 9,516 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

This is really a nothing burger!

ca 2,000 alleged cases of Honour crime per year, read your link and they are really talking about domestic violence. Sadly there were 1.1 million cases of domestic violence reported to the police in the UK last year so the Muslim part is very small.
Source

"Half of all British Muslims think homosexuality should be illegal"; but many non-Muslims think the same. Over 7,000 hate crimes against LGBT reported last year.
Source

"Over 40% of UK Muslims support “aspects” of sharia law", but how is this different from Christians following some of the Ten Commandments? Ecclesiastical courts and consistory courts still exist today but with much reduced powers.

"Turks in Germany voted" So anybody here who takes an active interest in home country politics like Brexit or Trump is not integrated?

"NHS attended to 9,000 FGM cases in England" From your link "Figures from 2015-16 showed that 18 of the newly recorded cases that year took place in the UK.", so how does anything that happened in their home countries long ago to minors without their informed consent have anything to do with their integration today?
__________________
It is naive to assume my posts are my own work
Reply With Quote
  #2085  
Old 10.04.2018, 22:11
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,748
Groaned at 430 Times in 371 Posts
Thanked 17,823 Times in 9,516 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Given that marriage with a child who has reached mensus is allowed under Islamic law and was also practiced by Muhammad, the role model who all Muslims aspire to be like, I don't think that most Muslims would be against child marriage with a girl 'of age' - why would they be if they truly believe in Islam?

And the question, which you seem unable to answer, is in the future if they were to form a majority of a European city, will they put European values over Islamic values?
You do realise marriage with a child who has reached mensus was a rule the Muslims borrowed from the Christian Bible?

Look at Ezekiel 16:4 - 8!
Actually the Biblical definition could be interpreted as before mensus!!
Quote:
You grew and developed and entered puberty. Your breasts had formed and your hair had grown,
Example; Many sources claim Mary was 12 years old when she married Joseph!
Reply With Quote
  #2086  
Old 10.04.2018, 22:43
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
This is really a nothing burger!

ca 2,000 alleged cases of Honour crime per year, read your link and they are really talking about domestic violence. Sadly there were 1.1 million cases of domestic violence reported to the police in the UK last year so the Muslim part is very small.
Source

"Half of all British Muslims think homosexuality should be illegal"; but many non-Muslims think the same. Over 7,000 hate crimes against LGBT reported last year.
Source

"Over 40% of UK Muslims support “aspects” of sharia law", but how is this different from Christians following some of the Ten Commandments? Ecclesiastical courts and consistory courts still exist today but with much reduced powers.

"Turks in Germany voted" So anybody here who takes an active interest in home country politics like Brexit or Trump is not integrated?

"NHS attended to 9,000 FGM cases in England" From your link "Figures from 2015-16 showed that 18 of the newly recorded cases that year took place in the UK.", so how does anything that happened in their home countries long ago to minors without their informed consent have anything to do with their integration today?
May I refer you to this handy list?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #2087  
Old 10.04.2018, 23:05
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,748
Groaned at 430 Times in 371 Posts
Thanked 17,823 Times in 9,516 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
May I refer you to this handy list?
You agree your post was "a nothing burger".
Thanks

To quote an EF colleague
"You're not very good at this debating thing, are you?"
Reply With Quote
  #2088  
Old 11.04.2018, 01:08
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 9,773
Groaned at 330 Times in 270 Posts
Thanked 14,148 Times in 7,291 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

So much hate between people is not a good thing at all... I suggest you all cool down a bit.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #2089  
Old 11.04.2018, 09:19
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 9,773
Groaned at 330 Times in 270 Posts
Thanked 14,148 Times in 7,291 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
That's why I choose to live in a country with genuine democracy - where the people are allowed to vote on almost everything as opposed to countries like Germany where "people like Loz" have been dismissed... until their predictions have come to pass.
Loz is a punching box who punches back, I wouldn't worry about him.
Right, Loz?

Btw parnell, how long was your last ban?
Reply With Quote
  #2090  
Old 11.04.2018, 09:39
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
You agree your post was "a nothing burger".
Thanks

To quote an EF colleague
"You're not very good at this debating thing, are you?"
No it isn't "a nothing burger", it's just pointless to engage with you when your arguments are so fantastical.
Reply With Quote
  #2091  
Old 11.04.2018, 09:52
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 9,773
Groaned at 330 Times in 270 Posts
Thanked 14,148 Times in 7,291 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Wherever their roots are.
According to this theory, we should all live in Africa.

Quote:
View Post
And your roots are Swiss or British or both, as you've laid claim to both in your posts?
It's curious. I had an Australian friend here of Asian origins who felt threatened by certain immigrants in Australia and said it's much better living here, especially because she has a daughter. We didn't discuss more because I always change the subject when things like this pop up, I'm too embarrassed for their embarrassment so to speak. But there's something going on there I couldn't put my finger on, justified or not -( and frankly I'm not going to dig for every shite that I come across with).
Reply With Quote
  #2092  
Old 11.04.2018, 09:59
Elu Elu is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Olten
Posts: 434
Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 803 Times in 351 Posts
Elu has a reputation beyond reputeElu has a reputation beyond reputeElu has a reputation beyond reputeElu has a reputation beyond reputeElu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post

And the question, which you seem unable to answer, is in the future if they were to form a majority of a European city, will they put European values over Islamic values?


I think your question is just not as simple as you think.


Do we consider values of secular muslims too or just those who describe themselves as believers? If the secular muslims don't count, do we take them into account when we determine who has the majority?

What are islamic values? The Scharia? Or the qurans many interpretations by various groups?


I guess if you want an answer you need to be more precise...

The same with "christian" values. Who defines them? The Pope? The bible? Jehovas witnesses? The bible belt? My dad? ...Are my values christian just because I'm baptised?
Reply With Quote
The following 8 users would like to thank Elu for this useful post:
  #2093  
Old 11.04.2018, 10:33
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,862
Groaned at 229 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 22,681 Times in 9,623 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
There is a real problem, ill give you that. The problem is people like you. Europe would be much better off without your kind, and the hatred you foment.
Quote:
View Post
Cheers mate, I like you too

Remember, fear is the path to the dark side
Strange that those who accuse the others of fear and say fear is wrong are themselves driven by fear. Fear of people who disagree with them.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #2094  
Old 11.04.2018, 10:44
Elu Elu is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Olten
Posts: 434
Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 803 Times in 351 Posts
Elu has a reputation beyond reputeElu has a reputation beyond reputeElu has a reputation beyond reputeElu has a reputation beyond reputeElu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Strange that those who accuse the others of fear and say fear is wrong are themselves driven by fear. Fear of people who disagree with them.


krisskross and I would find some common ground if we would talk irl and I agreed with him on many other threads. In this one, he's far to undifferentiated for me.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank Elu for this useful post:
  #2095  
Old 11.04.2018, 11:03
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,748
Groaned at 430 Times in 371 Posts
Thanked 17,823 Times in 9,516 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
No it isn't "a nothing burger", it's just pointless to engage with you when your arguments are so fantastical.
I simply quoted facts which you failed to challenge, not exaggerated headlines.
Reply With Quote
  #2096  
Old 11.04.2018, 11:46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
I simply quoted facts which you failed to
challenge, not exaggerated headlines.
These are not facts:

Quote:
View Post
but how is this different from Christians following some of the Ten Commandments? Ecclesiastical courts and consistory courts still exist today but with much reduced powers.

So anybody here who takes an active interest in home country politics like Brexit or Trump is not integrated?
And these are not arguments:

Quote:
View Post
Sadly there were 1.1 million cases of domestic violence reported to the police in the UK last year so the Muslim part is very small.

but many non-Muslims think the same. Over 7,000 hate crimes against LGBT reported last year.
HTH.
Reply With Quote
  #2097  
Old 11.04.2018, 12:03
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Loz is a punching box who punches back, I wouldn't worry about him.
Right, Loz?

Btw parnell, how long was your last ban?
1 month (and for posting a very popular 2000s internet meme! - in fairness I was in the wrong and posted an apology to the member on the thread but that was ignored by the mods) - what was heartwarming was the mods who PM'd me on return to say that they were glad I returned.

The vitriol and personal insults that kriss and others receive - just for putting forward their point of view and even from mods makes a mockery of this forum's rules. I don't post very much anymore - maybe just to call out the most absurd of posts - like saying that folks like Loz are the problem rather than actual terrorists and criminals - which was an incredibly abusive post.

Either the forum has rules which it applies fairly and to all or it does not. I happen to live in Switzerland and love being here for the additional freedoms it allows over other countries - but I accept that this forum is dominated by people who believe in Corbynite type censorship.

Last edited by parnell; 11.04.2018 at 12:14. Reason: bit more detail on my banning
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank parnell for this useful post:
  #2098  
Old 11.04.2018, 12:07
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,862
Groaned at 229 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 22,681 Times in 9,623 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Example; Many sources claim Mary was 12 years old when she married Joseph!
In the middle-ages, it was also Church teaching that her marraige was never consummated, that giving birth did not compromise her physical virginity, and that she never consummated her marriage afterwards either.

Thoretically that is still Church dogma today but most people just shrug at the thought, and think, what does it matter either way?

Many protestant denominations on the other hand, disagree, and claim Jesus had a younger brother.

Both points of view are based on rather tenuous interpretation of marginal and ambiguous statements in the Bible.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #2099  
Old 11.04.2018, 12:17
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 3,889
Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Many protestant denominations on the other hand, disagree, and claim Jesus had a younger brother.

Both points of view are based on rather tenuous interpretation of marginal and ambiguous statements in the Bible.
The Christian faiths also deny that there were 12 female apostles even though they get a mention in the gospels of Luke and Matthew. C'est la vie.
Reply With Quote
  #2100  
Old 11.04.2018, 12:20
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
In the middle-ages, it was also Church teaching that her marraige was never consummated, that giving birth did not compromise her physical virginity, and that she never consummated her marriage afterwards either.

Thoretically that is still Church dogma today but most people just shrug at the thought, and think, what does it matter either way?

Many protestant denominations on the other hand, disagree, and claim Jesus had a younger brother.
Which ones - out of genuine interest ?

HEre :

Quote:
Catholics and Orthodox, as well as some Anglicans and Lutherans, believe in the perpetual virginity of Mary;[4][5][6] they teach that James, along with others named in the New Testament as "brothers" (Greek: ἀδελφοί, translit. adelphoi, lit. 'brothers')[7] of Jesus, were not the biological children of Mary, but were possibly cousins of Jesus[8] or step-brothers from a previous marriage of Joseph.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank parnell for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will borders with CH be affected after terrorist attacks? McTAVGE Daily life 19 15.11.2015 18:14
The All Muslims are evil thread bigblue2 General off-topic 4 27.08.2010 15:46
Confused about coverage in rest of Europe on Swiss Health Insurance Wingnut Insurance 8 15.12.2008 09:20


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0