Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2521  
Old 28.07.2018, 09:30
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,269
Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,962 Times in 7,689 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Not at all, I am not far left, I am just not tolerant of racism, while I respect freedom of speech I don’t accept hate speech or racism in any form and I am saddened to see it appear constantly on English Forum through a few bigoted individuals, those individuals hide behind the premise of free speech and declare that they are only stating facts pertaining to immigration, that is fine but it is a constant stream of right wing justification using dubious sources and statistics skewed to suit their political agenda. When they are challenged on these “facts” they get equally defensive.

I couldn’t think of anything I would rather not do then be on the same room as some of the people on this thread.

But cheers for the thought.
You don't accept hate speech and racism only when it targets your friends. Otherwise it's OK, you might even enjoy some "innocent" ramblings or "deserved criticism" when some other groups that you don't like are under the spot. And not only you, all of those here who pretend are against racism and hate speech. Some even openly admit it.

Exactly like that cute comedian Trevor Noah who thought it's funny to ridicule a bit the aborigine women...."But but....they're kind of ugly, aren't they?"
It's OK. My impression is that KK goes too far to provoke you*, a thing which is generally accepted here. EF is not some friendly and safe space for all of us, just for a selected few. If you ask for double standards, I'm afraid I will never be in agreement with you.
*the length some people would go to defend their ideas, or friends, or ego. Same old, same old.

If you really are that kind as a person, you don't ask for recognition or a cult around you. You don't go the extra miles to humiliate your opponents. Those who can see it, will see it.

Last edited by greenmount; 28.07.2018 at 09:41.
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #2522  
Old 28.07.2018, 10:17
TobiasM's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,263
Groaned at 183 Times in 131 Posts
Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,281 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
You don't accept hate speech and racism only when it targets your friends. Otherwise it's OK, you might even enjoy some "innocent" ramblings or "deserved criticism" when some other groups that you don't like are under the spot. And not only you, all of those here who pretend are against racism and hate speech. Some even openly admit it.

Exactly like that cute comedian Trevor Noah who thought it's funny to ridicule a bit the aborigine women...."But but....they're kind of ugly, aren't they?"
It's OK. My impression is that KK goes too far to provoke you*, a thing which is generally accepted here. EF is not some friendly and safe space for all of us, just for a selected few. If you ask for double standards, I'm afraid I will never be in agreement with you.
*the length some people would go to defend their ideas, or friends, or ego. Same old, same old.

If you really are that kind as a person, you don't ask for recognition or a cult around you. You don't go the extra miles to humiliate your opponents. Those who can see it, will see it.
Really I have absolutely no idea of what you are babbling on about.
Reply With Quote
  #2523  
Old 28.07.2018, 10:48
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Really I have absolutely no idea of what you are babbling on about.
She's saying you love to bleat on about being tolerant and not demonising people, as long as you're defending someone you see in need of your heroic help, like minorities.

But when the shoe is on the other foot and if someone a bit less worthy in your eyes is being demonised you don't really care about being tolerant.

It's like that time you had no problem telling me I should "go back to Australia" and then admitted that you wouldn't be willing to tell an African man to "go back to Africa"

Double standards and all that.

Last edited by kriss kross; 28.07.2018 at 11:03.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #2524  
Old 28.07.2018, 11:41
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
She's saying you love to bleat on about being tolerant and not demonising people, as long as you're defending someone you see in need of your heroic help, like minorities.

But when the shoe is on the other foot and if someone a bit less worthy in your eyes is being demonised you don't really care about being tolerant.

It's like that time you had no problem telling me I should "go back to Australia" and then admitted that you wouldn't be willing to tell an African man to "go back to Africa"

Double standards and all that.
Aah, you're Australian. Alles klar.
Reply With Quote
  #2525  
Old 28.07.2018, 12:13
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Not at all, I am not far left, I am just not tolerant of racism, while I respect freedom of speech I don’t accept hate speech or racism in any form and I am saddened to see it appear constantly on English Forum through a few bigoted individuals, those individuals hide behind the premise of free speech and declare that they are only stating facts pertaining to immigration, that is fine but it is a constant stream of right wing justification using dubious sources and statistics skewed to suit their political agenda. When they are challenged on these “facts” they get equally defensive.

I couldn’t think of anything I would rather not do then be on the same room as some of the people on this thread.

But cheers for the thought.
I agree with you - by definition you are not far left since you seem to own a house in the UK and extract rent from it. By rent seeking according to Marxist dogma you would be a class traitor and therefore deserving of the punishment of the proletariat.

However I have some PMs from you which would suggest that you are prone to violence and the below suggests that you are an apologist for theft at the very least. One only has to look at frequent riots in St. Denis to understand the absolute devastation such ideas lead to.

Quote:
View Post
It doesn't mean they are not going to arrest suspects, especially if they know who it is or the witness does.

If there is no witness or the crime did not involve violence i.e. robbery with threats. Then its a waste of resources and manpower to solve. Someone stole your wheelbarrow from your garden for example, then its kind of tough shit, but there is not enough money or officers to scour the neighbourhood asking questions so the time is better spent tracking down serious criminals.

Its only going to get worse post Brexit as there'll less job opportunties and money and probably lots of unemployed Bankers and wealth management specialists turning to crime to support their coke habits. Oh wait they do that already...
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users groan at parnell for this post:
  #2526  
Old 28.07.2018, 12:18
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
I agree with you - by definition you are not far left since you seem to own a house in the UK and extract rent from it. By rent seeking according to Marxist dogma you would be a class traitor and therefore deserving of the punishment of the proletariat.

However I have some PMs from you which would suggest that you are prone to violence and the below suggests that you are an apologist for theft at the very least. One only has to look at frequent riots in St. Denis to understand the absolute devastation such ideas lead to.
Let's be honest, you are projecting and talking nonsense there. Nothing you quote suggests he is prone to violence at all.

I am sure you feel police resources could be used better in some situations. For example in my native Scotland, huge resources are poured into tracking down people who sing objectionable songs. I feel that is a huge waste of resources - let the scumbags who do it get on with it, and we'll be able to identify and avoid them ourselves.
Reply With Quote
  #2527  
Old 28.07.2018, 12:27
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
Let's be honest, you are projecting and talking nonsense there. Nothing you quote suggests he is prone to violence at all.
Read it again - you've missed a bit.

Quote:
I am sure you feel police resources could be used better in some situations. For example in my native Scotland, huge resources are poured into tracking down people who sing objectionable songs. I feel that is a huge waste of resources - let the scumbags who do it get on with it, and we'll be able to identify and avoid them ourselves.
Define "better"- I believe that Sadiq Khan's infamous pledge to stop the use of "stop and search" on the grounds that you mention is a perfect example of failure to uphold the law on a virtue signalling platform leads to only more lawlessness. The data to support such "broken windows" policing is pretty clear.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at parnell for this post:
  #2528  
Old 28.07.2018, 13:46
TobiasM's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,263
Groaned at 183 Times in 131 Posts
Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,281 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
I agree with you - by definition you are not far left since you seem to own a house in the UK and extract rent from it. By rent seeking according to Marxist dogma you would be a class traitor and therefore deserving of the punishment of the proletariat.

However I have some PMs from you which would suggest that you are prone to violence and the below suggests that you are an apologist for theft at the very least. One only has to look at frequent riots in St. Denis to understand the absolute devastation such ideas lead to.
By golly you are a vacant man! You took the time to search my comments and then took them out of context. I have rarely encountered such idiocy in my entire life! But the world is full of surprises. Did I threaten you then? I thought I had merely suggested meeting up to discuss some of your ideas one to one?
Reply With Quote
  #2529  
Old 28.07.2018, 14:09
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Read it again - you've missed a bit.
You cannot attempt to defame someone without showing evidence. If you have no intention of showing evidence of this violence towards you (in the unlikely event it exists) then you should never have brought it up. It just makes you look like a desperate liar.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #2530  
Old 28.07.2018, 15:22
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
By golly you are a vacant man! You took the time to search my comments and then took them out of context.
You don't seem to understand what "context" is - I posted your entire quote - unedited save for emphasis.

Quote:
View Post
I have rarely encountered such idiocy in my entire life! But the world is full of surprises. Did I threaten you then? I thought I had merely suggested meeting up to discuss some of your ideas one to one?
Kindly provide permission to post up the PM and then we'll have it.
Reply With Quote
  #2531  
Old 28.07.2018, 15:48
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
You cannot attempt to defame someone without showing evidence. If you have no intention of showing evidence of this violence towards you (in the unlikely event it exists) then you should never have brought it up. It just makes you look like a desperate liar.
Very happy to do so - but would wait until the other party offers consent - to do otherwise would be ungentlemanly - a bit like you telling me I look a "desperate liar" without having considered the other possibilities.
Reply With Quote
  #2532  
Old 28.07.2018, 16:01
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Very happy to do so - but would wait until the other party offers consent - to do otherwise would be ungentlemanly - a bit like you telling me I look a "desperate liar" without having considered the other possibilities.
Read it again, you've missed a bit. It was conditional.
Reply With Quote
This user groans at for this post:
  #2533  
Old 28.07.2018, 16:09
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,044
Groaned at 446 Times in 384 Posts
Thanked 18,534 Times in 9,818 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Rapidly growing Twitter campaign in Germany of migrants reporting everyday examples of racism and discrimination here.

Foreign Minister Heiko Maas praised the campaign, saying it was "impressive and painful" to see how many stories were flooding in.
Reply With Quote
  #2534  
Old 28.07.2018, 16:22
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Head of SPD says its a "big mistake" for the Greens to oppose designating more countries as safe to allow faster deportations :

Quote:
Nahles added that it's a "big mistake" for the Greens to oppose designating more countries as safe countries of origin, which makes it easier to deport asylum-seekers whose applications have been rejected.

"Look at Georgia, where a new form of gang crime is developing. You can't close your eyes and ears and pretend it's about civil war refugees," she told the paper.
The Georgia one is fun...

Quote:
The view among some authorities that an increase in asylum applications could lead to a spike in crime is another part of the equation. "People from Georgia come here, apply for asylum and then use the time they have to wait for a reply to, firstly, receive financial assistance, and secondly, to break into apartments and houses," said former Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere when speaking with DW in March.
Well well... asylum policy abused...no sh1t
Reply With Quote
  #2535  
Old 28.07.2018, 19:12
TobiasM's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zürich
Posts: 1,263
Groaned at 183 Times in 131 Posts
Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,281 Posts
TobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond reputeTobiasM has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
You don't seem to understand what "context" is - I posted your entire quote - unedited save for emphasis.
In the context of the thread at the time! Duh!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TobiasM for this useful post:
This user groans at TobiasM for this post:
  #2536  
Old 28.07.2018, 19:32
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
In the context of the thread at the time! Duh!
Oh I'm sure the thread context changed a lot and we'd all see you in an entirely different light. Go on then - tell us how the context affected your comment.

Since you're such a massive anti-racist where were you on the Klingon thread - you know the lad who was asking if his teacher might be a bit racist but turned out to be a total racist himself ??
Reply With Quote
This user groans at parnell for this post:
  #2537  
Old 28.07.2018, 21:32
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 3,889
Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Oh I'm sure the thread context changed a lot and we'd all see you in an entirely different light.
Not me.
Reply With Quote
  #2538  
Old 28.07.2018, 23:18
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The World
Posts: 1,380
Groaned at 282 Times in 153 Posts
Thanked 1,115 Times in 636 Posts
Capo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthy
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Not at all, I am not far left, I am just not tolerant of racism, while I respect freedom of speech I don’t accept hate speech or racism in any form and I am saddened to see it appear constantly on English Forum through a few bigoted individuals, those individuals hide behind the premise of free speech and declare that they are only stating facts pertaining to immigration, that is fine but it is a constant stream of right wing justification using dubious sources and statistics skewed to suit their political agenda. When they are challenged on these “facts” they get equally defensive.

I couldn’t think of anything I would rather not do then be on the same room as some of the people on this thread.

But cheers for the thought.
People who don't think like you = "racists!"

Still, waiting for your facts.

Let's chill a bit:

Reply With Quote
This user groans at Capo for this post:
  #2539  
Old 29.07.2018, 09:50
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 3,889
Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
People who don't think like you = "racists!"

Still, waiting for your facts.
The facts:

Article 261

https://www.admin.ch/opc/en/classifi...0000/311.0.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #2540  
Old 29.07.2018, 10:02
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Since you're such a massive anti-racist where were you on the Klingon thread - you know the lad who was asking if his teacher might be a bit racist but turned out to be a total racist himself ??
Hahaha. Where was he during Apartheid and when the police kicked the shit out of Rodney King. I know, right?!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will borders with CH be affected after terrorist attacks? McTAVGE Daily life 19 15.11.2015 17:14
The All Muslims are evil thread bigblue2 General off-topic 4 27.08.2010 14:46
Confused about coverage in rest of Europe on Swiss Health Insurance Wingnut Insurance 8 15.12.2008 08:20


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0