English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   International affairs/politics (https://www.englishforum.ch/international-affairs-politics/)
-   -   All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe) (https://www.englishforum.ch/international-affairs-politics/244043-all-about-muslims-wake-terrorist-attacks-europe.html)

Lex 27.08.2017 14:43

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Castro (Post 2837744)
You are treading on thin ice KK, any more of your hate and you will be off on one.

wow, going a bit far there don`t you think? Its starting to show through some of your posts, but I could say the same thing of yours.

By the way, he is absolutely right.

kriss kross 27.08.2017 14:46

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 2837769)
I did write "Conquests do not need explanation." :rolleyes:

It's rather convenient that we have to leave out the hundreds of years of Islamic invasions and conquests that occurred before the Crusades, because otherwise your point wouldn't make any sense.

pilatus1 27.08.2017 14:46

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 2837769)
I did write "Conquests do not need explanation." :rolleyes:

And

What definition are you using for the Islamic terrorist attacks you claim existed long before 'the West' began meddling in the Middle East?

The conquest is happening right now, Islam is still in crusade mode. The plan is to destabilize, infiltrate, outbreed, etc. the infidels. Nothing has changed, Allah's word is as true as it was 1000 years ago. Islam marches on.

They're not all shy about it:







The irony behind it all is that the West has it's head so high in the clouds, embracing multiculturalism, gender equality, etc. and rubbing it's own ego - that it fails to recognize that Islam could even be a threat. 'Of course they'll embrace Western liberalism, after all it's so far superior to what they believe in...'

Europe's arrogance will be it's downfall.

parnell 27.08.2017 14:47

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
The great article written about this phenomenon in connection with Molenbeek is still very pertinent:

Quote:

But the most important factor is Belgium’s culture of denial. The country’s political debate has been dominated by a complacent progressive elite that firmly believes society can be designed and planned. Observers who point to unpleasant truths such as the high incidence of crime among Moroccan youth and violent tendencies in radical Islam are accused of being propagandists of the extreme-right, and are subsequently ignored and ostracized.

The debate is paralyzed by a paternalistic discourse in which radical Muslim youths are seen, above all, as victims of social and economic exclusion. They in turn internalize this frame of reference, of course, because it arouses sympathy and frees them from taking responsibility for their actions. The former Socialist mayor Philippe Moureax, who governed Molenbeek from 1992 to 2012 as his private fiefdom, perfected this culture of denial and is to a large extent responsible for the current state of affairs in the neighborhood.

marton 27.08.2017 15:00

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kriss kross (Post 2837783)
It's rather convenient that we have to leave out the hundreds of years of Islamic invasions and conquests that occurred before the Crusades, because otherwise your point wouldn't make any sense.

I simply asked you not to conflate "conquests" and "terror attacks" because they are totally different things.

I could equally claim your list of Islamic invasions and conquests does not make any sense because since the collapse of the Ottoman empire there has been no Islamic State/Empire to continue this war like tradition.
It is clear the Muslim majority countries have little politically in common today and resist joining together for common purposes; some of them are even practically at war with each other.

It makes no more sense than if I listed the ancient conquests of the British Empire to support an argument that the UK or the Protestant religion are dangerous today.

Islam is not a state or a race, it is a religion with all the conflicts, factions and multiple interpretations that plague every religion.

marton 27.08.2017 15:06

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by parnell (Post 2837787)
The great article written about this phenomenon in connection with Molenbeek is still very pertinent:

An alternative view of Molenbeek here

Blueangel 27.08.2017 15:07

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kriss kross (Post 2837741)
Most neighborhoods in Western Europe that have large Muslim communities are shitholes though :confused:

Prove it conclusively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex (Post 2837782)
By the way, he is absolutely right.

Prove it conclusively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer (Post 2837772)
Why? For speaking the truth?

Prove it conclusively.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer (Post 2837772)
What do you think the East End of London was back in Jack the Ripper's time - one big ghetto of foreigners.

There are probably still Jewish, Polish, Italian, etc, etc, ghettos in major cities around the world. Muslims aren't exclusive to this phenomenon.

On the other hand...don't bother proving it. You're views were clearly 'highlighted' in another thread a few months ago. :msnsick:

marton 27.08.2017 15:21

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pilatus1 (Post 2837785)
The conquest is happening right now, Islam is still in crusade mode. The plan is to destabilize, infiltrate, outbreed, etc. the infidels. Nothing has changed, Allah's word is as true as it was 1000 years ago. Islam marches on.

They're not all shy about it:

The irony behind it all is that the West has it's so high in the clouds, embracing multiculturalism, gender equality, etc. and rubbing it's own ego - that it fails to even recognize that Islam could even be a threat. 'Of course they'll embrace Western liberalism, after all it's so far superior to what they believe in...'

Europe's arrogance will be it's downfall.

But as I already posted "Islam" in the way you use the term does not exist.
Who is the leader, where is it based, who owns this plan?

You can always find some individuals with extreme views or quaint/eccentric/absurd views but are they mainstream? Do they have any power? Are they in any position of authority? Have they had any successes?

parnell 27.08.2017 15:22

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 2837804)
An alternative view of Molenbeek here

More insight into the Beeb really - not two months ago another one of Molenbeek's finest tried to blow himself up in a train station with a nail bomb... and where was this fine fellow from... Morocco

Quote:

Just seconds earlier, he had tried to detonate his bomb next to dozens of commuters standing near a train information board.

Prosecutors said they are treating the incident as “attempted terrorist murder” and have appointed a specialist judge to the case.

"There are also indications that the suspect had sympathies for the terrorist organisation IS," the said in a statement, using an acronym for Islamic State or ISIS.

Officials described the device as containing nails and gas canisters, adding that Zariouh was “not known for terrorism”.

However, it emerged this afternoon the authorities had found explosives in his home town - a notorious ISIS hotbed.


marton 27.08.2017 15:36

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 2837768)
You mean like South Kensington :rolleyes:

Sorry I should have written Westminster where according to the 2011 census 18% are of Muslim religion, what a sh#t hole :p :rolleyes:

marton 27.08.2017 15:37

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by parnell (Post 2837820)
More insight into the Beeb really - not two months ago another one of Molenbeek's finest tried to blow himself up in a train station with a nail bomb... and where was this fine fellow from... Morocco

One person? This is what they call a limited statistical sample :)
Should I judge the whole of Gerodswill from your posts?

parnell 27.08.2017 15:42

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 2837832)
One person? This is what they call a limited statistical sample :)
Should I judge the whole of Gerodswill from your posts?

Reading comprehension not your strength...

another
əˈnʌšə/Submit
determiner & pronoun
1.
used to refer to an additional person or thing of the same type as one already mentioned or known about; one more; a further.
"have another drink"
synonyms: one more, a further, an additional, a second; More
2.
used to refer to a different person or thing from one already mentioned or known about.
"come back another day"

Capo 27.08.2017 15:44

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 2837737)
If Islam is the problem that you and others claim then can one of you please explain why Western Europe with over 20 million Muslims is not a smouldering wasteland?

Not sure what reasons you have against Sharia law being used in Muslim countries?
Anyway most Muslim majority countries have replaced Sharia with Western style criminal laws. Often they retain Sharia for personal law (marriage, divorce, domestic violence, child support, family law, inheritance and such matters)

:rolleyes:


pilatus1 27.08.2017 15:47

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 2837819)
But as I already posted "Islam" in the way you use the term does not exist.
Who is the leader, where is it based, who owns this plan?

You can always find some individuals with extreme views or quaint/eccentric/absurd views but are they mainstream? Do they have any power? Are they in any position of authority? Have they had any successes?

Allah is the leader.

Islam is a supremacist ideology, aggressive by design. Through the subordination of women, Mohammed was able to allow his male followers each 4 wives - and all of their children are by default Muslims.. a great marketing and growth strategy. They conquered the Iberian peninsula in 3 years...

Apostasy is punishable by death. Religion is also the government is also the culture - there's no escape. Allah is the God, Mohammed is the messenger, and there is no questioning the holy word. On top of all that, infidels must be conquered...

Extreme views? Most all of them. If you believe that some piece of paper reflects the true, undeniable word of god - as told by god to a caravan raider, who then later told it to his scribes because he himself was illiterate - i'd say that's extreme. Even before getting into what the paper says...

Have they had any successes? Yeah, i'd say - there are over 1.6 billion of them now.

No, they're not all 'extremists' blowing stuff up. Most of them are just normal, average people going about their daily lives. They never give a thought to killing people, bombing the West, etc. - but who wouldn't really be able to put up much of an argument against the implementation of Sharia and the reestablishment of the caliphate, because: well, the book says so and that's the word of Allah. (ex: the women who know about the 'open secret' of the hate-preaching Imams, but 'could never say anything'.)

marton 27.08.2017 16:08

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pilatus1 (Post 2837841)
Allah is the leader.

Islam is a supremacist ideology, aggressive by design. Through the subordination of women, Mohammed was able to allow his male followers each 4 wives - and all of their children are by default Muslims.. a great marketing and growth strategy. They conquered the Iberian peninsula in 3 years...

Apostasy is punishable by death. Religion is also the government is also the culture - there's no escape. Allah is the God, Mohammed is the messenger, and there is no questioning the holy word. On top of all that, infidels must be conquered...

Extreme views? Most all of them. If you believe that some piece of paper reflects the true, undeniable word of god - as told by god to a caravan raider, who then later told it to his scribes because he himself was illiterate - i'd say that's extreme. Even before getting into what the paper says...

Have they had any successes? Yeah, i'd say - there are over 1.6 billion of them now.

No, they're not all 'extremists' blowing stuff up. Most of them are just normal, average people going about their daily lives. They never give a thought to killing people, bombing the West, etc. - but who wouldn't really be able to up much of an argument against the implementation of Sharia and the reestablishment of the caliphate, because: well, the book says so and that's the word of Allah. (ex: the women who know about the 'open secret' of the hate-preaching Imams, but 'could never say anything'.)

So you agree Islam does not exist as a State/Empire/country with a decision making leader?

Why are you posting about ancient history?

"They conquered the Iberian peninsula in 3 years..." but no Muslim majority country has conquered any another country for hundreds of years so what point are you making?

pilatus1 27.08.2017 16:35

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 2837848)
So you agree Islam does not exist as a State/Empire/country with a decision making leader?

Sure, I agree..what's your point? It doesn't need a 'pope' type leader to exist, now does it? The white supremacy ideology doesn't have a decision making leader, either - does that mean that it's not a threat?

The decisions have already been made - read the book.


Why are you posting about ancient history?

Has the ideology changed?

"They conquered the Iberian peninsula in 3 years..." but no Muslim majority country has conquered any another country for hundreds of years so what point are you making?

Just illustrating how Mohammed was able to craft such a manipulative and fast-spreading ideology, bent on global dominance/caliphate. They won't need to 'conquer' Europe - Europe is bound to sacrifice itself (in true Christian style, of course) out of post-colonial guilt, in an attempt to compensate for it's sins of the past.



...

marton 27.08.2017 16:43

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pilatus1 (Post 2837856)
...

"The conquest is happening right now, Islam is still in crusade mode. The plan is [for Islam] to destabilize, infiltrate, outbreed, etc. the infidels."

You posted "The white supremacy ideology doesn't have a decision making leader, either - does that mean that it's not a threat?" No it is not a threat in the same manner as you described the Islam threat.

BTW, the Christians were the Crusaders :)

kriss kross 27.08.2017 16:46

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
But the important thing to remember about these attacks is that they are just like the weather. Unlike other types of violence, these solitary events must be seen as indicative of absolutely nothing, with no further investigation into anything that might lie behind them. They are just strange eruptions which occasionally happen and have no connections to anything, anywhere or anyone.

-Douglas Murray

Guest 27.08.2017 16:52

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marton (Post 2837848)
but no Muslim majority country has conquered any another country for hundreds of years so what point are you making?

Kuwait and others tend to disagree with your statement.

kriss kross 27.08.2017 16:55

Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Castro (Post 2837744)
You are treading on thin ice KK, any more of your hate and you will be off on one.

Islam is incompatible with European values and we need less Islam in Europe.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0