Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1041  
Old 27.08.2017, 17:06
pilatus1's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Milky Way
Posts: 1,760
Groaned at 151 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 4,725 Times in 1,864 Posts
pilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
"The conquest is happening right now, Islam is still in crusade mode. The plan is [for Islam] to destabilize, infiltrate, outbreed, etc. the infidels."

You posted "The white supremacy ideology doesn't have a decision making leader, either - does that mean that it's not a threat?" No it is not a threat in the same manner as you described the Islam threat.

BTW, the Christians were the Crusaders
Obviously it's not a threat in the same way. There aren't 1.6 billion white supremacists out there, thank goodness. There's no holy book from god espousing alleged supremacy of white people, so far as I know. Over a million white supremacists weren't let into Europe last year I don't think.

Yeah, the Christians were the crusaders. They were mostly reconquering land that had been taken over by militant conquest of Muslim armies in the previous 400+ years, starting with Mohammed himself. But I guess we can just pretend that the Muslims weren't crusading to conquer Europe in that time, and instead they just came to offer some fine tea and carpets for the enjoyment of all. It fits the guilt-ridden apologetic narrative that European Christians have always been the aggressors: 'well we deserve it, because of the Christian crusades 900 years ago...'.
__________________
you are being programmed
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank pilatus1 for this useful post:
  #1042  
Old 27.08.2017, 17:08
pilatus1's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Milky Way
Posts: 1,760
Groaned at 151 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 4,725 Times in 1,864 Posts
pilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Islam is incompatible with European values and we need less Islam in Europe.
Like oil and water. Unfortunately oil floats on top and can be highly flammable.
Reply With Quote
  #1043  
Old 27.08.2017, 17:12
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,162
Groaned at 447 Times in 385 Posts
Thanked 18,735 Times in 9,913 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
Kuwait and others tend to disagree with your statement.
Kuwait was freed?

What others? Another claim with no source!
Reply With Quote
This user groans at marton for this post:
  #1044  
Old 27.08.2017, 17:18
MrVertigo's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 3,210
Groaned at 86 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 5,788 Times in 2,254 Posts
MrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond reputeMrVertigo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Like oil and water. Unfortunately oil floats on top and can be highly flammable.
I know that you're not known for having subtle opinions but avoid this type of analogy. Many supremacist claimed the impossibility of certain people to mix with "whites" and literally burned them in ovens.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank MrVertigo for this useful post:
  #1045  
Old 27.08.2017, 17:24
pilatus1's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Milky Way
Posts: 1,760
Groaned at 151 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 4,725 Times in 1,864 Posts
pilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
I know that you're not known for having subtle opinions but avoid this type of analogy. Many supremacist claimed the impossibility of certain people to mix with "whites" and literally burned them in ovens.
oh, sorry, that's not what I meant at all...

IMO there's no incompatibility of people, only of ideas.
Reply With Quote
  #1046  
Old 27.08.2017, 17:38
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 10,162
Groaned at 447 Times in 385 Posts
Thanked 18,735 Times in 9,913 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Obviously it's not a threat in the same way. There aren't 1.6 billion white supremacists out there, thank goodness. There's no holy book from god espousing alleged supremacy of white people, so far as I know. Over a million white supremacists weren't let into Europe last year I don't think.

Yeah, the Christians were the crusaders. They were mostly reconquering land that had been taken over by militant conquest of Muslim armies in the previous 400+ years, starting with Mohammed himself. But I guess we can just pretend that the Muslims weren't crusading to conquer Europe in that time, and instead they just came to offer some fine tea and carpets for the enjoyment of all. It fits the guilt-ridden apologetic narrative that European Christians have always been the aggressors: 'well we deserve it, because of the Christian crusades 900 years ago...'.
"There aren't 1.6 billion white supremacists out there, thank goodness." Indeed there are many white people but very few extremists same as there are many Muslims but very few extremists!

"Over a million white supremacists weren't let into Europe last year I don't think." Maybe you mean 2015, not last year? In 2015 there were ca. 2.7 million immigrants from non EU countries of whom only 1.4 million were classed as asylum seekers and refugees. So maybe a million white supremacists were let into Europe; how would I know?

Source

"Yeah, the Christians were the crusaders." Crusades are defined as each of a series of medieval military expeditions made by Europeans to recover the Holy Land from the Muslims in the 11th, 12th, and 13th.
centuries.

The Muslims used the terms expeditions or conquests; it can be confusing if you do not use the correct terminology and say the Muslims were crusading.
__________________
It is naive to assume my posts are my own work
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #1047  
Old 27.08.2017, 19:17
22 yards's Avatar
All mod cons
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel-Land
Posts: 9,185
Groaned at 292 Times in 231 Posts
Thanked 19,593 Times in 7,717 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

ATTENTION EF MEMBERS: Over the last year the moderator team has noticed a significant increase in the number of personal attacks, abusive comments, trolling and single agenda posts. This anti-social behaviour has led to numerous complaints via PM and is creating an increasingly unpleasant environment that is driving away both new and established members. For example, many avoid advertising on the EF Marketplace -- a valued feature of EF -- since it’s not worth the abuse and aggravation they now expect to receive.

We encourage our members to voice their opinions and robustly argue their points in a respectful manner. Of course disagreements are to be expected, but we expect members not to troll, stir up religious and/or racial hatred, post deliberately misleading or provocative articles, or bully or attack those that they disagree with.

So we reserve the right to aggressively delete without further notice all anti-social posts of this nature. If the behaviour persists then we will not hesitate to ban the offending member.

Please help us make EF a pleasant place for all, and not just a playground for the few.
Reply With Quote
The following 13 users would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post:
  #1048  
Old 27.08.2017, 21:17
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 21,936
Groaned at 400 Times in 308 Posts
Thanked 16,889 Times in 9,524 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Well, that certainly killed a 53 page conversation.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #1049  
Old 27.08.2017, 23:06
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
ATTENTION EF MEMBERS: Over the last year the moderator team has noticed a significant increase in the number of personal attacks, abusive comments, trolling and single agenda posts.
Just out curiosity how many agendas exactly should each post have ?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank parnell for this useful post:
This user groans at parnell for this post:
  #1050  
Old 28.08.2017, 07:00
Castro's Avatar
à la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,516
Groaned at 117 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 16,418 Times in 5,228 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Just out curiosity how many agendas exactly should each post have ?
Coming onto EF with an axe to grind, posting the same bigotted sentiments over and over again across multiple threads and adding almost nothing else. This is a community where we also help one another, discuss life in Switzerland etc.. its not a soapbox. If that is your thing then there are plenty of other forums where that behaviour would be tolerated, but just not here.

Hope that answers the question.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Castro for this useful post:
  #1051  
Old 28.08.2017, 08:33
esto's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CHE
Posts: 1,373
Groaned at 77 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 3,225 Times in 1,406 Posts
esto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
Coming onto EF with an axe to grind, posting the same bigotted sentiments over and over again across multiple threads and adding almost nothing else. This is a community where we also help one another, discuss life in Switzerland etc.. its not a soapbox. If that is your thing then there are plenty of other forums where that behaviour would be tolerated, but just not here.

Hope that answers the question.
We are discussing international affairs and politics in a section called "Off-Topic > International affairs/politics"...we are in the wrong place?

..and "bigoted statements"? Maybe some "uncomfortable truths", or disagreements of viewpoints...sometimes put in agressive ways...coming from both sides...but I don't see many, or any, bigoted statements.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank esto for this useful post:
  #1052  
Old 28.08.2017, 09:22
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
We are discussing international affairs and politics in a section called "Off-Topic > International affairs/politics"...we are in the wrong place?

..and "bigoted statements"? Maybe some "uncomfortable truths", or disagreements of viewpoints...sometimes put in agressive ways...coming from both sides...but I don't see many, or any, bigoted statements.
Strictly speaking that's not true one chap said that the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi (replace Nazi with "socialist" if that doesn't immediately strike you as obvious bigotry) and another chap referred to non whites as "brownies".

Neither of whom seemed to have been banned ... but I'm sure that'll be remedied now won't it ?

Last edited by parnell; 28.08.2017 at 09:56. Reason: Autocorrect on iPhones suck
Reply With Quote
  #1053  
Old 28.08.2017, 09:23
Castro's Avatar
à la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,516
Groaned at 117 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 16,418 Times in 5,228 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
We are discussing international affairs and politics in a section called "Off-Topic > International affairs/politics"...we are in the wrong place?

..and "bigoted statements"? Maybe some "uncomfortable truths", or disagreements of viewpoints...sometimes put in agressive ways...coming from both sides...but I don't see many, or any, bigoted statements.
We can argue all day but I think the statement posted above by 22 Yards speaks for itself. When you join EF you agree to abide by certain rules as put forth by The Local, you can obviously disagree with them in which case this forum is not for you.

Quote:
Prohibited material or content include, but are not limited to material or content that:

- are offensive and promote racism, prejudice, hatred or physical harm against any individual or group;

- harasses or encourage harassment of another individual or group;
Attached Thumbnails
all-about-muslims-wake-terrorist-attacks-europe-rules.jpg  
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Castro for this useful post:
  #1054  
Old 28.08.2017, 09:35
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 475
Groaned at 228 Times in 164 Posts
Thanked 1,821 Times in 1,001 Posts
Pashosh is considered a nuisancePashosh is considered a nuisancePashosh is considered a nuisance
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
...Islamist groups have been simmering under the surface since time immemorial. The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt have been around since the 30s BUT they were kept in check by strong and stable secular dictatorships, the very ones which we helped to bring down. Its like antibiotics, remove them and the disease quickly spreads.

Seriously it shouldn't be this difficult to understand basic cause and consequence
Better late then never - You referred to the Muslim Brotherhood as democratic in previous posts.

Basic cause in a nutshell - Muslim world failure to reform and importing failed ideologies to the west.

Other cultures suffered major defeats before reforming (for example: China early 20th century, Japan middle 20th century). The Muslim world does'nt yet show signs of reforming.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Pashosh for this useful post:
  #1055  
Old 28.08.2017, 09:42
esto's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CHE
Posts: 1,373
Groaned at 77 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 3,225 Times in 1,406 Posts
esto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
We can argue all day but I think the statement posted above by 22 Yards speaks for itself. When you join EF you agree to abide by certain rules as put forth by The Local, you can obviously disagree with them in which case this forum is not for you.
And I agree and abide by those rules 100%, and really haven't seen any violation of them here either.

FYI, if somebody points out that the majority of Terror attacks today are carried out by Muslims, that's not "bigotry" or "encouraging hatred or violence" towards a group, that's more of an "uncomfortable fact".
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank esto for this useful post:
  #1056  
Old 28.08.2017, 10:06
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
We can argue all day but I think the statement posted above by 22 Yards speaks for itself. When you join EF you agree to abide by certain rules as put forth by The Local, you can obviously disagree with them in which case this forum is not for you.
And how is saying that "the only good XXX is a dead XXX" abiding with the above ???

The inconsistency of the application of the rules here has always been apparent.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank parnell for this useful post:
  #1057  
Old 28.08.2017, 10:14
esto's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CHE
Posts: 1,373
Groaned at 77 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 3,225 Times in 1,406 Posts
esto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
And how is saying that "the only good XXX is a dead XXX" abiding with the above ???

The inconsistency of the application of the rules here has always been apparent.
Good point. That is clearly inciting violence towards a certain group. Has that person been banned?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank esto for this useful post:
  #1058  
Old 28.08.2017, 10:25
Castro's Avatar
à la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,516
Groaned at 117 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 16,418 Times in 5,228 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
And how is saying that "the only good XXX is a dead XXX" abiding with the above ???
Quote:
View Post
Good point. That is clearly inciting violence towards a certain group. Has that person been banned?
This is surreal but nonetheless I can take this to the Moderator Zone for discussion i.e. In the interests of balance, should the rights of 'Nazis' be respected?

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Castro for this useful post:
  #1059  
Old 28.08.2017, 10:34
esto's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CHE
Posts: 1,373
Groaned at 77 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 3,225 Times in 1,406 Posts
esto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
This is surreal but nonetheless I can take this to the Moderator Zone for discussion i.e. In the interests of balance, should the rights of 'Nazis' be respected?

I think inciting violence towards ANY group of people needs to be respected, regardless of the group. Is it legal to commit murder in Switzerland, so long as the person you kill is a "Nazi"?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank esto for this useful post:
  #1060  
Old 28.08.2017, 10:45
JoeUK's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Au
Posts: 643
Groaned at 30 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 830 Times in 450 Posts
JoeUK has an excellent reputationJoeUK has an excellent reputationJoeUK has an excellent reputationJoeUK has an excellent reputation
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Self-censorship is working for me. A short ignore list has worked wonders, unfortunately I cannot add one particular mod to that list. it would be good if that could be fixed.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will borders with CH be affected after terrorist attacks? McTAVGE Daily life 19 15.11.2015 17:14
The All Muslims are evil thread bigblue2 General off-topic 4 27.08.2010 14:46
Confused about coverage in rest of Europe on Swiss Health Insurance Wingnut Insurance 8 15.12.2008 08:20


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0