Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
View Poll Results: Will they find that many were Syrian refugees?
Yes 44 40.37%
No 65 59.63%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #521  
Old 15.01.2016, 14:04
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 14,196
Groaned at 1,440 Times in 953 Posts
Thanked 21,499 Times in 8,208 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Just a few examples: Tunisia or Turkey or Lebanon.
- No polygamy allowed,
- no repudiation allowed only divorce through court that preserves women & children rights,
- education in school is mandatory,
- women can work and have political responsibilities (vote and being elected).

Does it mean there is no rape at all in those countries or honor killings? No it still exists but not to the level to make it a cultural "feature" of those countries.
Turkey has a lot of womens rights issues, it's not only rape of honor killings that matter.

Turkey was very secular for a while, but has again been getting increasingly worse since Edogan took power http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7099184.html

Quote:
ISTANBUL/ANKARA, April 20 (Reuters) - When 20-year-old Ozgecan Aslan was stabbed and beaten to death after trying to fight off a man bent on raping her on a minibus, Turkey's president called violence against women the country's "bleeding wound."

But two months after her murder, groups that have campaigned for years on women's rights complain that President Tayyip Erdogan is still sidelining them, preferring to work with newer organizations including one in which his daughter has a prominent role.

Women's groups and opposition politicians have criticized Erdogan, a devout Muslim, for slamming abortion, calling birth control "'treason," telling women how many children to have and dismissing the Western idea of gender equality
Erdogan is, of course, a devout Muslim.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #522  
Old 15.01.2016, 14:35
Castro's Avatar
la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,854
Groaned at 129 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 17,690 Times in 5,613 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Turkey was very secular for a while, but has again been getting increasingly worse since Edogan took power
The Turkish economy and healthcare haven't been getting worse, which is probably why his AKP party keep on getting voted back into government.

Just looking at aviation during his tenure, the number of airports in the country has doubled and the National Carrier has been voted Skytrax Best Airline in Europe for 5 successive years. These are prestige wins for his party which help their credibility and electability no end.

Of course they are not as important as the fundamental rights of women and minorities, but you cannot blithely state that things are getting worse since he was elected.
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 15.01.2016, 14:44
Pashosh
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
The Turkish economy and healthcare haven't been getting worse, which is probably why his AKP party keep on getting voted back into government.

Just looking at aviation during his tenure, the number of airports in the country has doubled and the National Carrier has been voted Skytrax Best Airline in Europe for 5 successive years. These are prestige wins for his party which help their credibility and electability no end.

Of course they are not as important as the fundamental rights of women and minorities, but you cannot blithely state that things are getting worse since he was elected.
You forgot to mention that the trains are also running on time.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #524  
Old 15.01.2016, 14:45
Castro's Avatar
la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,854
Groaned at 129 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 17,690 Times in 5,613 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
You forgot to mention that the trains are also running on time.
LOL, good one
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 15.01.2016, 14:57
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

More capitulation by Germany:

Rhine town cancels Carnival parade following Cologne assaults

At this rate, why bother integrating, when the germans will integrate to you?
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #526  
Old 15.01.2016, 15:04
esto's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CHE
Posts: 1,361
Groaned at 75 Times in 57 Posts
Thanked 3,225 Times in 1,406 Posts
esto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond reputeesto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
"We saw a huge spike of sales numbers after January," said Ingo Meinhard, head of the German association for gunsmiths and weapons dealers.
The association expected purchases of "so-called deterrents and defensive small arms" to at least double in 2016 following the Cologne attacks, Meinhard told NBC News.
"CS gas spray, stun guns and pepper spray are especially in great demand," he added.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/eur...-sales-n497201

Might not be a bad idea to arm yourself. Imagine what would have happened if he didn't have a gun on him?

Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank esto for this useful post:
This user groans at esto for this post:
  #527  
Old 15.01.2016, 15:17
Castro's Avatar
la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,854
Groaned at 129 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 17,690 Times in 5,613 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

This is no better than hate propaganda, the thugs in the video have French accents and are therefore unlikely to be refugees. In addition how can you deduce a person's religion based on that appearance?
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 15.01.2016, 15:18
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 15,587
Groaned at 304 Times in 204 Posts
Thanked 19,874 Times in 8,378 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
This is no better than hate propaganda, the thugs in the video have French accents and are therefore unlikely to be refugees. In addition how can you deduce a person's religion based on that appearance?
exactly, "You people are being racist. It's part of their culture to savagely beat up and abuse locals and in the spirit of multiculturalism, we should embrace that."

first youtube comment delivers.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post:
  #529  
Old 15.01.2016, 15:40
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Glarus
Posts: 44
Groaned at 19 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 57 Times in 26 Posts
twenty has earned some respecttwenty has earned some respect
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Most Christian countries are wealthy and developed but here's what happens when they're not.

http://www.bbc.com/news/35321425
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 15.01.2016, 15:42
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
If you take any male citizen of ME & NA with good education, good job there is a very small likelihood that he will exercise a form of violence against his wife or wives (if he can afford). It's not cultural
Why the f*** do they need a good education and a good job to ensure that they won't harass and assault women? Can they not just be taught as children to show some basic respect for women?
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #531  
Old 15.01.2016, 15:46
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Glarus
Posts: 44
Groaned at 19 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 57 Times in 26 Posts
twenty has earned some respecttwenty has earned some respect
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Why the f*** do they need a good education and a good job to ensure that they won't harass and assault women? Can they not just be taught as children to show some basic respect for women?
That'd be nice but unfortunately poor, uneducated people without hope of betterment rarely act as you'd like them to. This is true of people in similar situations in every country. It is true that following Islam strictly will lead to inequality between men and women but so will following the ancient rites of Judaism and Christianity. Just happens that these two "grew up" in the crucible of enlightenment Europe.
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 15.01.2016, 15:52
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Just a few examples: Tunisia or Turkey or Lebanon.
- No polygamy allowed,
- no repudiation allowed only divorce through court that preserves women & children rights,
- education in school is mandatory,
- women can work and have political responsibilities (vote and being elected).

Does it mean there is no rape at all in those countries or honor killings? No it still exists but not to the level to make it a cultural "feature" of those countries.
Sexual harassment in Tunisa, Turkey and Lebanon within the last year:

http://www.tunisia-live.net/2015/06/...sment-tunisia/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6699702.html

https://www.hrw.org/news/2013/11/26/...ssed-exploited
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 15.01.2016, 15:56
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
That'd be nice but unfortunately poor, uneducated people without hope of betterment rarely act as you'd like them to. This is true of people in similar situations in every country. It is true that following Islam strictly will lead to inequality between men and women but so will following the ancient rites of Judaism and Christianity. Just happens that these two "grew up" in the crucible of enlightenment Europe.
Doesn't that mean they are not ready to participate in normal society unattended? Do they need to be kept separate?
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 15.01.2016, 16:06
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Glarus
Posts: 44
Groaned at 19 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 57 Times in 26 Posts
twenty has earned some respecttwenty has earned some respect
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Doesn't that mean they are not ready to participate in normal society unattended? Do they need to be kept separate?
Monitored carefully and educated intensively I'd say. I'd question whether you can gather any group of young men and release them into the wild unmonitored and unsupervised and expect great results.
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 15.01.2016, 16:21
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
Monitored carefully and educated intensively I'd say. I'd question whether you can gather any group of young men and release them into the wild unmonitored and unsupervised and expect great results.
We are talking about Germany, Western Europe in 2016 aren't we?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #536  
Old 15.01.2016, 16:39
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

So Germany turning to Apartheid?

German town bans refugees from swimming pool
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 15.01.2016, 16:49
Castro's Avatar
la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,854
Groaned at 129 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 17,690 Times in 5,613 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Faced with stonewalling from Berlin on accommodating migrants, I suspect many town officials are deciding to take matters into their own hands with guaranteed headline grabbing acts.

Last edited by Castro; 15.01.2016 at 17:02.
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 15.01.2016, 16:50
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SG
Posts: 10,633
Groaned at 657 Times in 477 Posts
Thanked 14,440 Times in 7,550 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
This is actually a great idea. Reminds me of a Korean community I know of. When someone of their own does wrong, their community elders come down on them hard themselves. The have nearly 0% members in incarceration.

Now, if this was only practiced elsewhere, we wouldn't have these problems, and they wouldn't have to be in Germany.
So you are advocating a 2nd rule of law. And I always thought you were against Scharia.

It does show your hipocrisy though as well as your double standards.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
  #539  
Old 15.01.2016, 16:58
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
So you are advocating a 2nd rule of law. And I always thought you were against Scharia.

It does show your hipocrisy though as well as your double standards.

A huge leap from enforcing integration and obedience to german laws, to setting up a parallel foreign society.
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 15.01.2016, 17:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 14,196
Groaned at 1,440 Times in 953 Posts
Thanked 21,499 Times in 8,208 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Arab gang assaults in Germany

Quote:
View Post
The Turkish economy and healthcare haven't been getting worse, which is probably why his AKP party keep on getting voted back into government.

Just looking at aviation during his tenure, the number of airports in the country has doubled and the National Carrier has been voted Skytrax Best Airline in Europe for 5 successive years. These are prestige wins for his party which help their credibility and electability no end.

Of course they are not as important as the fundamental rights of women and minorities, but you cannot blithely state that things are getting worse since he was elected.
Castro, im not even remotely talking about infrastructure and airports, that has no relevance in the context of the discussion we are having now, and the fact I have to explain this is incredibly groan-worthy. We are talking specifically about fundamental human rights issues, which have worsened under Erdogan.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 Spanish tourists gang raped in Acapulco. Nil International affairs/politics 0 06.02.2013 09:33
Rape and Assaults in Basel 17clarence Daily life 57 13.06.2012 10:14
British students gang-raped in St. Lucia PaddyG International affairs/politics 0 18.05.2011 13:54
Bloodhound Gang in Davos mark Daily life 2 09.02.2006 20:52


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0