Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 13.03.2016, 17:00
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,504
Groaned at 65 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 3,641 Times in 1,981 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
You mean that Eastern European countries served the interests of the EU , unlike Greece & unlike Merkel's Germany.
No, they just served their own interests.
"Solidarity" as a concept does not exist in Eastern Europe, AFAIK.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 13.03.2016, 17:02
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
No, they just served their own interests.
"Solidarity" as a concept does not exist in Eastern Europe, AFAIK.
The interests of the EU are to protect its borders against illegal migrants who are welfare shoppers. How is that not in the EU's interests?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank parnell for this useful post:
  #143  
Old 13.03.2016, 17:17
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,504
Groaned at 65 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 3,641 Times in 1,981 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
The interests of the EU are to protect its borders against illegal migrants who are welfare shoppers. How is that not in the EU's interests?
It is.
But the EU created the situation that lead to this large influx of refugees.
So, it's only logical that the EU as a whole deal with the consequences.


As I said - it would have been impossible to stop the tide of refugees at some point - except by gunning them down with machine guns.
I have no doubt you'd have found enough volunteers for doing just that in Hungary et.al - but that is not what the EU (in its core) is about.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 13.03.2016, 17:21
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 513
Groaned at 186 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 1,767 Times in 872 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
It is.
But the EU created the situation that lead to this large influx of refugees.
So, it's only logical that the EU as a whole deal with the consequences.
The EU created the Syrian war ?? Or was it Angela Merkel in an astonishing moment of stupidity inviting everybody in , in flagrant disregard for the laws of the EU and every single member country ? If it is the latter then how can you blame "the EU" ??

Quote:
View Post
As I said - it would have been impossible to stop the tide of refugees at some point - except by gunning them down with machine guns.
I have no doubt you'd have found enough volunteers for doing just that in Hungary et.al - but that is not what the EU (in its core) is about.
You seem to have a very poor idea of what the EU or any other state is about - EVERY state must protect its borders lest it be invaded - ask the Ukranians - and it must protect those borders with all means neccessary - that does not mean killing people - it means doing everything to stop its borders and its laws being breached.

Last edited by parnell; 13.03.2016 at 17:33.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank parnell for this useful post:
  #145  
Old 13.03.2016, 17:41
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Horn/TG
Posts: 1,707
Groaned at 44 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 823 Times in 571 Posts
blackbird is considered knowledgeableblackbird is considered knowledgeableblackbird is considered knowledgeable
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

The world or the eu did not intervene, because only when the economical
aspects of the eu/world are in danger, they are going to war.
They could have spent a few million , to support the refugees in their own territory, now they are here in europe and it will cost billions.
The president of germany ,Mr.Gauck, made some remarks in india, that germany is big enough (space) and german families don't have enough childs,
so germany is waiting for people from other parts of the world, those people
who are willing to live and work in germany.

http://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/a...utschland.html

No talks about requriements, kind and manner.
Sorry, does Mr.Gauck know how many indians are on this planet ?
Does he really believe, that there is enough space for them in Germany ?
Politics in Germany are like pain in the ass.
Convincing people that germany is waiting for them, that germany is a good place to live, that they solved the "crisis from 2008".
The opposite is the naked truth.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 13.03.2016, 17:45
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,504
Groaned at 65 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 3,641 Times in 1,981 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Every country eventually gets the politicians it deserves ;-)
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank rainer_d for this useful post:
  #147  
Old 13.03.2016, 17:50
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 9,527
Groaned at 326 Times in 266 Posts
Thanked 13,801 Times in 7,125 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
No, they just served their own interests.
"Solidarity" as a concept does not exist in Eastern Europe, AFAIK.
Then you should read more about Poland.

Quote:
View Post
It is.
But the EU created the situation that lead to this large influx of refugees.
So, it's only logical that the EU as a whole deal with the consequences.


As I said - it would have been impossible to stop the tide of refugees at some point - except by gunning them down with machine guns.
I have no doubt you'd have found enough volunteers for doing just that in Hungary et.al - but that is not what the EU (in its core) is about.
Funny, you blame Hungary for applying the laws. Did Hungary create the situation that lead to this influx? Now, take a deep breath and allow yourself a moment of honesty.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #148  
Old 13.03.2016, 18:14
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,806
Groaned at 227 Times in 191 Posts
Thanked 22,512 Times in 9,559 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
No, they just served their own interests.
"Solidarity" as a concept does not exist in Eastern Europe, AFAIK.
It is Merkel who has been acting against solidarity here. Basically telling a million people it was okay to march across other people's countries without their permission. She is pretty much isolated at present. The Germans themselves will be the last to wake up to the fact, but wake up they will.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #149  
Old 13.03.2016, 18:20
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,806
Groaned at 227 Times in 191 Posts
Thanked 22,512 Times in 9,559 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Federal police in Germany are scared shit of the immigrants living next door and have request protection from state police

Welcome to Merkel's land of unicorns.

http://t.maz-online.de/Brandenburg/B...m-nicht-sicher
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #150  
Old 13.03.2016, 18:20
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,504
Groaned at 65 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 3,641 Times in 1,981 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
It is Merkel who has been acting against solidarity here. Basically telling a million people it was okay to march across other people's countries without their permission. She is pretty much isolated at present. The Germans themselves will be the last to wake up to the fact, but wake up they will.

These people would have marched towards Germany regardless.
There's nothing that could have prevented that.
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 13.03.2016, 18:23
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
These people would have marched towards Germany regardless.
There's nothing that could have prevented that.
I'm pretty sure if the military were patrolling the borders it would of been prevented.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #152  
Old 13.03.2016, 18:27
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,504
Groaned at 65 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 3,641 Times in 1,981 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
I'm pretty sure if the military were patrolling the borders it would of been prevented.
Wake up.
These people come from a war-zone.
They've seen things we'll hopefully never have to see.

Unless you're prepared to shoot, don't show up with a weapon.

And shooting means also shooting on women, old people and kids.

You're not much better than the European politicians: you're really not thinking this through.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 13.03.2016, 18:34
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,806
Groaned at 227 Times in 191 Posts
Thanked 22,512 Times in 9,559 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
Wake up.
These people come from a war-zone.
They've seen things we'll hopefully never have to see.

Unless you're prepared to shoot, don't show up with a weapon.

And shooting means also shooting on women, old people and kids.

You're not much better than the European politicians: you're really not thinking this through.
If you are prepared to admit that if hordes of people should be allowed to march across countries that just happen to be between them and Germany, to rob and beat down farmers and rape their daughters and cause immense damage, just because the alternative would involve brining a gun and somebody might get hurt ... Methinks you've sort of lost touch with why we have a police force and why we have an army and ultimately why we have a government and a state.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #154  
Old 13.03.2016, 18:34
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 247
Groaned at 141 Times in 99 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
Wake up.
These people come from a war-zone.
They've seen things we'll hopefully never have to see.
This war must be huge, it seems to stretch from Morocco all the way to Pakistan?!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #155  
Old 13.03.2016, 19:04
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,806
Groaned at 227 Times in 191 Posts
Thanked 22,512 Times in 9,559 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Election results just coming in.

Seems like afd has taken 23percent in saxony anhalt

Not quite as spectacular in the other two states, more like 12 or 11 percent
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #156  
Old 13.03.2016, 19:17
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Hehe, Merkel's been mullered.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #157  
Old 13.03.2016, 19:25
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,504
Groaned at 65 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 3,641 Times in 1,981 Posts
rainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond reputerainer_d has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
Hehe, Merkel's been mullered.
Nothing unexpected.
Saxony-Anhalt was never known for its left-leaning population.
It's a state with no future.
Just take a look at the projected population development:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachse...ngsentwicklung

Most intelligent, fertile women (and a lot of men) will have left already for greener pastures.
Makes for a lot of angry, dumb men who can't find a wife/girlfriend.
Not unprecedented in history, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 13.03.2016, 19:25
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

First results:

Source

Baden-Württemberg





Rheinland-Pfalz:





Sachsen-Anhalt:



Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #159  
Old 13.03.2016, 19:32
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
Nothing unexpected.
Saxony-Anhalt was never known for its left-leaning population.
It's a state with no future.
Just take a look at the projected population development:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachse...ngsentwicklung

Most intelligent, fertile women (and a lot of men) will have left already for greener pastures.
Makes for a lot of angry, dumb men who can't find a wife/girlfriend.
Not unprecedented in history, unfortunately.
And to think ARD said that most people weren't concerned by the migration crisis.

Look at the swing to AFD. Even in Pfalz. Taken together with the swing away from the pro migration parties (Greens and CDU) shows you all that you need to know.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #160  
Old 13.03.2016, 19:44
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,806
Groaned at 227 Times in 191 Posts
Thanked 22,512 Times in 9,559 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
Nothing unexpected.
Saxony-Anhalt was never known for its left-leaning population.
It's a state with no future.
Just take a look at the projected population development:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachse...ngsentwicklung

Most intelligent, fertile women (and a lot of men) will have left already for greener pastures.
Makes for a lot of angry, dumb men who can't find a wife/girlfriend.
Not unprecedented in history, unfortunately.
What a pity that there should be a political force on the side of the less fortunate.

Last edited by amogles; 13.03.2016 at 19:59.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you do if you find a long hair in the plate in restaurant? happyrobbie Daily life 17 12.04.2014 03:44
This is what happens if you believe in scam mails k_and_e Daily life 4 22.03.2013 17:44
Do you believe in Extra-Terrestrial life? Lob General off-topic 46 19.11.2010 23:19
What do you believe? economisto International affairs/politics 79 13.05.2010 22:46
Bob Woolmer - Do you believe the new conclusions? chiguy Football/sports 7 25.10.2007 10:41


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0