Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #381  
Old 13.08.2018, 00:46
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 3,217
Groaned at 89 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 9,160 Times in 4,198 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
When Corbyn was made the head of Labour, I thought this is suicide for the labour Party - maybe the extreme fringes of UK society could vote for him, but definitely the majority of voters in one of the worlds most repected democracies won't. I was wrong.
You were right. He had his chance last year and still lost against one of the weakest Tory leaders I've ever seen.
  #382  
Old 13.08.2018, 08:41
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for making it clear: You consider the labour party under Corbyn a legitimate party to vote for. You can't divorce a party from its leader.

Many, maybe even the majority of UK voters could share your opinion.
I don't think you meant "legitimate". Of course the Labour Party is "legitimate". Did you perhaps mean "viable"?

Anyway, no leader in the UK has ever been bigger than the party and Corbyn is no different.

Not sure where you're from but in the UK there's a bit of history of leaders of the Labour Party. The last 10 years have been like a revolving door, so stay tuned...

Quote:
View Post
When Corbyn was made the head of Labour, I thought this is suicide for the labour Party - maybe the extreme fringes of UK society could vote for him, but definitely the majority of voters in one of the worlds most respected democracies won't. I was wrong.
It's what happens when you have a shit incumbent government. People move their allegiances in all sorts of funny directions.

Quote:
View Post
If Anti-west, pro racist Corbyn, becomes UK PM the implications for the west will be very negative.
Seems to be de rigeur in today's global politics. Whacky leaders making surprising strides into office all over the show.

It's funny how my vague, musing question earlier the thread, which I idly posted while I was waiting for my nail varnish to dry, suddenly got me pegged as a suspected screaming Corbynite...
  #383  
Old 13.08.2018, 09:46
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 462
Groaned at 208 Times in 154 Posts
Thanked 1,779 Times in 974 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
I don't think you meant "legitimate". Of course the Labour Party is "legitimate". Did you perhaps mean "viable"?
I meant legitimate. Would you consider voting for a party led by rape-friendly politician ?

Quote:
It's what happens when you have a shit incumbent government. People move their allegiances in all sorts of funny directions.
The incumbent government didn't bring the country to a meltdown (see Turkish thread), UK economy is doing quite well. of course, not all people benefit equally. The alternative Corbyn offers will lead to economical disaster as it did in the many countries it was tried in the past.
  #384  
Old 13.08.2018, 10:41
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
I meant legitimate. Would you consider voting for a party led by rape-friendly politician ?
Sorry but if you want a free and fair debate, questions like this which is a stupidly loaded rhetorical statement is not the way to go about it.

Here is the likely outcome:

I reply "Yes" and you consider you have carte blanche to then beat me around the forum saying I condone rape.
I reply "No" then you consider you have carte blanche to then beat me around the forum quoting selective bits of my earlier posts to make it look like I have changed my mind.

Call me long in the tooth but this is the direction that questions like this take on this forum. Always.

Quote:
View Post
The incumbent government didn't bring the country to a meltdown (see Turkish thread), UK economy is doing quite well. of course, not all people benefit equally. The alternative Corbyn offers will lead to economical disaster as it did in the many countries it was tried in the past.
Well that's one point of view. People are free to vote how they want in the UK. If the Tories float their boat then they vote for them. If Labour is more their thing then so be it. Don't know what happened to the LibDems but if they were around, perhaps that would be more yours or my thing.
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #385  
Old 13.08.2018, 12:27
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 462
Groaned at 208 Times in 154 Posts
Thanked 1,779 Times in 974 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Not answering a question is also a way of answering.

Knowing what we know about Corbyn, his opinions, associates & affiliations you still consider him a possible candidate to vote for.
  #386  
Old 13.08.2018, 12:31
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
Not answering a question is also a way of answering.

Knowing what we know about Corbyn, his opinions, associates & affiliations you still consider him a possible candidate to vote for.
You know that I can't vote any more in the UK, don't you?

Of course he would be someone to vote for, same as anyone else on the ballot paper.

There is no question for me to answer. You should ask someone who can actually vote in the UK.
  #387  
Old 13.08.2018, 17:11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

This story just keeps on giving. The Daily Mail accused Corbyn of laying a wreath at a tribute event involving Black September terrorist who carried out the Munich Massacre of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympic Games. His reply? "I was present at wreath-laying but don't think I was involved"



Corbyn: I was present at wreath-laying but don't think I was involved
  #388  
Old 13.08.2018, 17:43
Castro's Avatar
à la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Basel-Land of Smiles
Posts: 5,211
Groaned at 103 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 15,241 Times in 4,913 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
This story just keeps on giving. The Daily Mail accused Corbyn of laying a wreath at a tribute event involving Black September terrorist who carried out the Munich Massacre of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympic Games. His reply? "I was present at wreath-laying but don't think I was involved"



Corbyn: I was present at wreath-laying but don't think I was involved
This smacks of yet more desperation from the Right
There seems to be a pretty good correlation between these necro-posts and the latest Conservative scandal.
The following 3 users would like to thank Castro for this useful post:
  #389  
Old 13.08.2018, 17:46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
This smacks of yet more desperation from the Right
There seems to be a pretty good correlation between these necro-posts and the latest Conservative scandal.
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears."
  #390  
Old 13.08.2018, 17:49
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 462
Groaned at 208 Times in 154 Posts
Thanked 1,779 Times in 974 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Nothing about it on the BBC - there is something about MP lying about speeding but nothing about the head of HM opposition honoring terrorists.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_1capture.jpg (55.2 KB, 25 views)
  #391  
Old 13.08.2018, 18:33
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears."
Everyone's eyes and ears are clogged up with the dirty shenanigans of the Tory party with their brexit conveyor belt of cock-ups and the huge infrastructure and service failures across the country to have any time for the Daily Flap's dirt and whipped-up campaign against Corbyn.

If Vince Cable was a threat, I am sure they would have found pics of him killing kittens, or some such.
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #392  
Old 13.08.2018, 22:42
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 462
Groaned at 208 Times in 154 Posts
Thanked 1,779 Times in 974 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
If Vince Cable was a threat, I am sure they would have found pics of him killing kittens, or some such.
Wrong. When thatcher was PM Labour couldn't find so much dirt on her. Same for Tories and Blair - and not for lack of trying.

Now Labour has an Antisemite liar with a closet so full of skeletons it's not a question of if, or even when - it's a question of how often the press will release yet another example of him consorting with Tyrants, Murderers or run-of-the-mill racists on a slow news day. Even sadder - this was known even before he was made leader.
  #393  
Old 13.08.2018, 23:19
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
Everyone's eyes and ears are clogged up with the dirty shenanigans of the Tory party with their brexit conveyor belt of cock-ups and the huge infrastructure and service failures across the country to have any time for the Daily Flap's dirt and whipped-up campaign against Corbyn.
Have you gotten the wrong thread? This has nothing to do with the Tory party.
  #394  
Old 13.08.2018, 23:28
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
Have you gotten the wrong thread? This has nothing to do with the Tory party.
Unclog your own ears and eyes, the tory party is the reason people will vote for Corbyn. Yawn.
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #395  
Old 14.08.2018, 01:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 3,217
Groaned at 89 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 9,160 Times in 4,198 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
This smacks of yet more desperation from the Right
Sorry. I'm not buying that for a moment. I'd love to know the source of the photo, and I bet it's nothing to do with the right wing UK media

Quote:
View Post
If Vince Cable was a threat, I am sure they would have found pics of him killing kittens, or some such.
I can imagine the headline...

'Kitten Batters the Crap out of Lame Duck! GO KITTEN!!!'

Quote:
View Post
Have you gotten the wrong thread?
Have you suddenly become American??!!

And now for a genuine headline that nobody in their right mind wanted to see...

'Corbyn hits back at Netanyahu' https://news.sky.com/story/benjamin-...orial-11471988

Oh FFS! Forget Munich Jezza. It never happened. Thing is, if the lessons had been learned back in '72 and a line drawn in the sand to end such massacres, we wouldn't still have people being killed in protests now. But keep fanning the flames jezza, you total dickwad
  #396  
Old 14.08.2018, 09:09
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

  #397  
Old 14.08.2018, 11:22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
This smacks of yet more desperation from the Right
There seems to be a pretty good correlation between these necro-posts and the latest Conservative scandal.
There's something almost Trump-esque about the whole thing.

Unexpectedly gain public support very quickly (i.e. scarily close election result which should have been a walkover for the Tories, according to May).
Say all the right stuff about where the Tories are going wrong and how you'd make it all better for the ordinary man on the street.
Ride on the coat tails of a rudderless incumbent government taking easy pot-shots at the rotting low-hanging fruit, whilst building an increasing following.

The incumbent government, in the absence of any substantial counter arguments or indeed viable policy, not to mention drowning in a mire of Brexit mess, digs up any "controversial" Corbyn behaviour and throws it all at the media to chop up and serve.

Wonder if Corbyn's got any taped narrative of grabbing people by the pussy to complete the set..?
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #398  
Old 14.08.2018, 11:47
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
There's something almost Trump-esque about the whole thing.

Unexpectedly gain public support very quickly (i.e. scarily close election result which should have been a walkover for the Tories, according to May).
Say all the right stuff about where the Tories are going wrong and how you'd make it all better for the ordinary man on the street.
Ride on the coat tails of a rudderless incumbent government taking easy pot-shots at the rotting low-hanging fruit, whilst building an increasing following.

The incumbent government, in the absence of any substantial counter arguments or indeed viable policy, not to mention drowning in a mire of Brexit mess, digs up any "controversial" Corbyn behaviour and throws it all at the media to chop up and serve.

Wonder if Corbyn's got any taped narrative of grabbing people by the pussy to complete the set..?
Haha! Just waiting now for an old black 'n' white photo from the 1950s with Jezza's naughty antics on the school playground and we will be off again: deafening noise and renewed incensed anger from the daily flap..

Sums all the antics very nicely when topical up-to-date stuff like Johnson's islamphobia, supported by Bannon, is brushed aside and the visuals are swapped to have Corbyn serving tea up instead.. and not a cup for the wrong side in the Boer war, I notice.. but wasn't that Jezza's fault too, no?

What an utter load of..
  #399  
Old 14.08.2018, 12:22
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 982
Groaned at 249 Times in 178 Posts
Thanked 2,158 Times in 997 Posts
J2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond reputeJ2488 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

The desperation of the Right is getting a bit embarrassing now.

They went back 10 years to find a photo that could, when viewed from a very acute angle, possibly perhaps be tenuously linked to something that happened more then 30 years ago. Meanwhile the darlings of the right are selling weapons that are being used to kill busloads of Yemeni and Palestinian kids right now.

Jesus Christ on a bike, i dont know where i was last week, never mind 10 years ago.

I've devised a new game though...every time i feel that a story is clutching at straws to damage Labour i donate a little bit to the Labour party. I do the same if a Tory MP is being discredited on equally tenuous terms. The reciprocity adds a little excitement to the game.

So far, I've not been in any danger of donating to the tories.
  #400  
Old 14.08.2018, 12:54
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
They went back 10 years to find a photo that could, when viewed from a very acute angle, possibly perhaps be tenuously linked to something that happened more then 30 years ago. Meanwhile the darlings of the right are selling weapons that are being used to kill busloads of Yemeni and Palestinian kids right now.
Something about weapons sales excuses the leader of the opposition being at best a terrorist sympathiser and at worse and anti-Semite.

p.s. weapons would still get sold if Corbyn became PM.
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another great Jeremy Corbyn idea! Hausamsee International affairs/politics 93 04.09.2017 17:17
Corbyn Struts His Stuff! Merrylegs International affairs/politics 28 21.06.2017 13:47
SBB causes huge noise by doing night work and refuses to compensate inhabitants smalljimmy Complaints corner 4 29.09.2013 18:50
Hamas chief meets Swiss envoy in Cairo The Local Swiss news via The Local 0 19.01.2012 12:17
2 person rental agreement and other party refuses to sign termination piazza Housing in general 24 11.01.2012 19:01


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0