Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #841  
Old 15.11.2019, 12:17
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 1,414
Groaned at 107 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 1,497 Times in 865 Posts
yacek has a reputation beyond reputeyacek has a reputation beyond reputeyacek has a reputation beyond reputeyacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
Sad that this has to be repeated, But having an Antisemite is bad enough as an MP, but a potential PM is terrible. At least some people are aware.
So, the alleged Labour party antisemitism revolves around the Israel state relations with Palestinians, and not towards the 0.5% of UK population which is Jewish? Or does the 0.5% population want to influence UK foreign policy more than the remaining 99.5% population?
  #842  
Old 15.11.2019, 12:22
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vaud
Posts: 2,388
Groaned at 163 Times in 114 Posts
Thanked 4,701 Times in 1,810 Posts
Mikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond reputeMikers has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
So, the alleged Labour party antisemitism revolves around the Israel state relations with Palestinians, and not towards the 0.5% of UK population which is Jewish? Or does the 0.5% population want to influence UK foreign policy more than the remaining 99.5% population?
It's both - Labour hates jewish people wherever they are: whether they are here, in israel or sunning themselves in the south of spain.
  #843  
Old 15.11.2019, 12:26
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,784
Groaned at 229 Times in 193 Posts
Thanked 22,459 Times in 9,538 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
So, the alleged Labour party antisemitism revolves around the Israel state relations with Palestinians, and not towards the 0.5% of UK population which is Jewish? Or does the 0.5% population want to influence UK foreign policy more than the remaining 99.5% population?
So antisemitism is OK as long as it's directed against foreign Jews?
  #844  
Old 15.11.2019, 13:04
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 464
Groaned at 209 Times in 155 Posts
Thanked 1,794 Times in 984 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
So, the alleged Labour party antisemitism revolves around the Israel state relations with Palestinians, and not towards the 0.5% of UK population which is Jewish? Or does the 0.5% population want to influence UK foreign policy more than the remaining 99.5% population?
2 Antisemitic tropes in 1 post:

1. Claiming to be critical of Israel, but not Jews.
2. Claiming that Jews want to exert more influence than they deserve.

At least you didn't say that Jews want to rule the world.
This user would like to thank Pashosh for this useful post:
The following 2 users groan at Pashosh for this post:
  #845  
Old 15.11.2019, 14:55
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,121
Groaned at 167 Times in 142 Posts
Thanked 6,447 Times in 2,934 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
So antisemitism is OK as long as it's directed against foreign Jews?
It's never OK, but then condemning one much of terrorists while allowing the other bunch to massacred as legitimate is not acceptable either.
This user would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post:
  #846  
Old 15.11.2019, 15:40
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 464
Groaned at 209 Times in 155 Posts
Thanked 1,794 Times in 984 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
It's never OK, but then condemning one much of terrorists while allowing the other bunch to massacred as legitimate is not acceptable either.
Corbyn has been a supporter of terrorists for decades while staying quiet about the ones massacred by the side he supported. So I guess you are not a fan either of Jeremy.
  #847  
Old 15.11.2019, 15:48
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
Corbyn has been a supporter of terrorists for decades while staying quiet about the ones massacred by the side he supported. So I guess you are not a fan either of Jeremy.
So who are you voting for in the UK GE in December?
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #848  
Old 15.11.2019, 16:13
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 464
Groaned at 209 Times in 155 Posts
Thanked 1,794 Times in 984 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
So who are you voting for in the UK GE in December?
The decent choice - Not Corbyn.

Last edited by Pashosh; 15.11.2019 at 16:30.
This user would like to thank Pashosh for this useful post:
  #849  
Old 15.11.2019, 16:38
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
The decent choice - Not Corbyn.
Jo Swinson, then?
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #850  
Old 15.11.2019, 16:44
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 464
Groaned at 209 Times in 155 Posts
Thanked 1,794 Times in 984 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
Jo Swinson, then?
Probably Jo or BoJo, there are a few others - and yourself ?
  #851  
Old 15.11.2019, 16:51
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
Probably Jo or BoJo, there are a few others - and yourself ?
15+ years outside of the UK.

Your nationality says Israeli, are you also on the UK electoral roll?
  #852  
Old 15.11.2019, 18:18
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 464
Groaned at 209 Times in 155 Posts
Thanked 1,794 Times in 984 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Please answer my question, I answered yours.
Who would you vote for in the coming UK election?
  #853  
Old 15.11.2019, 18:23
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
Please answer my question, I answered yours.
Who would you vote for in the coming UK election?
I would vote Labour, because the future of the United Kingdom is more important than the welfare of any special group.

You really don't understand how Europe works, do you, Pashosh? All reasonable people recognise that the Labour party is led by antisemites, but we simply don't care.
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #854  
Old 15.11.2019, 18:35
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Formerly in Neuchatel
Posts: 2,913
Groaned at 222 Times in 151 Posts
Thanked 5,363 Times in 2,038 Posts
porsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond reputeporsch1909 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
Probably Jo or BoJo, there are a few others - and yourself ?
Are they both running in the same seat?
This user would like to thank porsch1909 for this useful post:
  #855  
Old 15.11.2019, 18:38
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
Please answer my question, I answered yours.
Who would you vote for in the coming UK election?
Nope. You didn’t answer it. You said who you wouldn’t vote for. Soooo... go on, you first, seeing as I asked first.
  #856  
Old 15.11.2019, 18:52
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 464
Groaned at 209 Times in 155 Posts
Thanked 1,794 Times in 984 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
I would vote Labour, because the future of the United Kingdom is more important than the welfare of any special group.

You really don't understand how Europe works, do you, Pashosh? All reasonable people recognise that the Labour party is led by antisemites, but we simply don't care.
A future for the UK with corbyn as PM?
How can an antisemite leader be good for a country?
This user would like to thank Pashosh for this useful post:
This user groans at Pashosh for this post:
  #857  
Old 15.11.2019, 18:55
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
A future for the UK with corbyn as PM?
How can an antisemite leader be good for a country?
The question you should ask is could he or any of the others do a better job than the current arse in no.10.

So who are you voting for?
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #858  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:01
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
A future for the UK with corbyn as PM?
How can an antisemite leader be good for a country?
Why do you care so much about a country in which you neither live nor are eligible to vote?

And nobody cares about antisemitism in Europe. You know that, Pashosh. Please don't play dumb.
  #859  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:05
Pashosh's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Baden
Posts: 464
Groaned at 209 Times in 155 Posts
Thanked 1,794 Times in 984 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

I have family in the UK and they are worried.

So tell me, how will having an antisemite PM be good for the UK ?
  #860  
Old 15.11.2019, 19:14
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah

Quote:
View Post
I have family in the UK and they are worried.
You are Odile and I claim my £5.

Quote:
So tell me, how will having an antisemite PM be good for the UK ?
Don't be silly, Pashosh. You know that nobody in Europe gives a shit about antisemitism. Why do you persist in pretending it matters to anybody but a small minority of the population with the political clout of a roast chestnut?
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another great Jeremy Corbyn idea! Hausamsee International affairs/politics 93 04.09.2017 16:17
Corbyn Struts His Stuff! Merrylegs International affairs/politics 28 21.06.2017 12:47
SBB causes huge noise by doing night work and refuses to compensate inhabitants smalljimmy Complaints corner 4 29.09.2013 17:50
Hamas chief meets Swiss envoy in Cairo The Local Swiss news via The Local 0 19.01.2012 11:17
2 person rental agreement and other party refuses to sign termination piazza Housing in general 24 11.01.2012 18:01


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0