English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   International affairs/politics (https://www.englishforum.ch/international-affairs-politics/)
-   -   Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah (https://www.englishforum.ch/international-affairs-politics/253598-jeremy-corbyn-refuses-denounce-terrorist-friends-hamas-hezbollah.html)

Guest 26.11.2019 15:50

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenmount (Post 3124243)
At the end of the day, it doesn't even really matter if he's an anti-semite or not (judging by his biography, he seems like the last person to be one). He should have stepped down, seriously. He's not serving anyone's interests, neither his, nor his party's.

He's killing the Labour party while he is party leader. For the Tories, it's a gift because whether or not he's an anti-semite, you can bet there is MUCH political hay to be made from it. The smear mileage is endless.

Pashosh 26.11.2019 15:53

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueangel (Post 3124238)
And this from Jonathan Lis https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ive-government

I won't defend Corbyn for many reasons, but by the same measure, it isn't my place to tell people how tackle the moral minefield they find themselves in.

which minefield ?

87% of jews in the UK think Corbyn is an antisemite. The rest write for the Guardian.

Guest 26.11.2019 16:00

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pashosh (Post 3124246)
which minefield ?

87% of jews in the UK think Corbyn is an antisemite. The rest write for the Guardian.

"Think" or "know"? :confused:

Pashosh 26.11.2019 16:07

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
read for yourself.

and your point is ?

Guest 26.11.2019 16:10

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pashosh (Post 3124255)
read for yourself.

and your point is ?

Why does there have to be a point? It was a question. A lot of people claim to "know" stuff when actually they only "think" it. You wrote "...87% of Jews THINK Corbyn is an antisemite"

Just an observation formed over the years, kind of proved right here, too because the first sentence in your link starts off:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Survation
This perception carries over into...


Pashosh 26.11.2019 16:15

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Why does there have to be a point? It was a question. A lot of people claim to "know" stuff when actually they only "think" it. You wrote "...87% of Jews THINK Corbyn is an antisemite"

Just an observation formed over the years.
So it was a pointless question. ok.

The poll states "87% viewing Jeremy Corbyn as antisemitic ".

Are you going to vote Labour ?

MidfieldGeneral 26.11.2019 16:15

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pashosh (Post 3124231)
Absolutley- ignoring the unpleasant facts about Corbyn's actions and nasty friends (hint: thread title) by posting irrelevant memes.

Corbyn makes Trump (nevermind johnson) look like a paragon of virtue.

more bullsh*t

Guest 26.11.2019 16:17

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pashosh (Post 3124259)
So it was a pointless question. ok.

Whatevs... :msnsarcastic:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pashosh (Post 3124259)
The poll states "87% viewing Jeremy Corbyn as antisemitic ".

"Viewing" or "knowing"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pashosh (Post 3124259)
Are you going to vote Labour ?

You have a short memory. Spin back a few pages of this thread.

Pashosh 26.11.2019 16:21

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
viewing/thinking - very pedantic. they think/see corbyn as an antisemite.

You still think that it's not a good enough reason not to vote for his party.

Guest 26.11.2019 16:26

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pashosh (Post 3124265)
viewing/thinking - very pedantic. they think/see corbyn as an antisemite.

You still think that it's not a good enough reason not to vote for his party.

What I think doesn't matter, as you will well know.

As has been mentioned a bazillion times on this thread, no, most people don't rate the antisemitism thing as a deal-breaker in the UK. You losing your mind over it doesn't change that, unfortunately. ;)

At the moment, Corbyn is narrowing the gap in the polls so the right wing press is going mental with a veritable smorgasbord of fresh antisemitism "exclusives" to try to claw back the losses in the polls.

Dig into today's Daily Fail, its faux outrage and shrieky language is all over its vote-winning webpage.

Pashosh 26.11.2019 16:34

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
That is what I said "Antisemitism isn't a good enough reason for you not to vote for his party".

You want this antisemite to win the election.

It would be bad for the UK. Antisemites are never the right choice.

roegner 26.11.2019 16:40

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pashosh (Post 3124267)
Antisemites are never the right choice.

Agree. But what has been proven that he is one? Did he say so?

Guest 26.11.2019 16:49

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pashosh (Post 3124267)
That is what I said "Antisemitism isn't a good enough reason for you not to vote for his party".

You want this antisemite to win the election.

It would be bad for the UK. Antisemites are never the right choice.

Do you have any other way of discussing that doesn't involve telling people what they think and what they want? It's a really dumb way of holding a discussion and speaks volumes about you.

YOU are assuming he is an antisemite based on what seems to be a lot of heavily biased publications so your opinion is just that; an opinion. It's convenient, it's comfortable and panders to your own beliefs.

Yes, you can quote links and articles but they are all within your scope of bias. You wouldn't entertain for a second that any of them are exaggerated or falsified or economical with the truth.

Nor can you accept that it's just not a thing in the UK, no matter how much the right wing press are trying to crowbar it into the nation's psyche.

MidfieldGeneral 26.11.2019 17:39

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pashosh (Post 3124267)
That is what I said "Antisemitism isn't a good enough reason for you not to vote for his party".

You want this antisemite to win the election.

It would be bad for the UK. Antisemites are never the right choice.

shouting up and down and yelling "anti semite!" isn't good enough.

where is your evidence?

Pashosh 26.11.2019 18:44

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MidfieldGeneral (Post 3124288)
shouting up and down and yelling "anti semite!" isn't good enough.

where is your evidence?

Very interesting that you demand evidence when you don't produce any to back your accusations.

I posted plenty of evidence in this thread. Look it up.

Corbyn is an old backbencher with few, if any, achievements who lost an election to a weak tory candidate, has no Brexit policy but promises free stuff.

Hasn't anyone told his voters not accept presents from strangers?

MidfieldGeneral 26.11.2019 19:51

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pashosh (Post 3124315)
Very interesting that you demand evidence when you don't produce any to back your accusations.

I posted plenty of evidence in this thread. Look it up.

Corbyn is an old backbencher with few, if any, achievements who lost an election to a weak tory candidate, has no Brexit policy but promises free stuff.

Hasn't anyone told his voters not accept presents from strangers?

My accusations? Haha. Youíre the one calling Corbyn anti Semitic. not me! Iím calling your bullsh*t.

Evidence please.

Pashosh 26.11.2019 20:16

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MidfieldGeneral (Post 3124350)
My accusations? Haha.

Your accusation


Evidence please.

Tom1234 26.11.2019 20:19

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
All the Corbyn fan-boys living in Switzerland - bunch of hypocrites, the lot of you.

Pathetic.

Guest 26.11.2019 20:20

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom1234 (Post 3124364)
All the Corbyn fan-boys living in Switzerland - bunch of hypocrites, the lot of you.

Pathetic.

I'd rather be a hypocrite than a miserable old bastard who hates everyone and everything.

:)

Tom1234 26.11.2019 20:21

Re: Jeremy Corbyn refuses to denounce terrorist 'friends' Hamas and Hezbollah
 
Quote:

I'd rather be a hypocrite than a miserable old bastard who hates everyone and everything.

But that's enough about Corbyn....


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0