Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
View Poll Results: Will Trump be a good President?
Yes 88 27.16%
No 236 72.84%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #22661  
Old 29.04.2020, 23:21
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Zurich
Posts: 510
Groaned at 47 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 965 Times in 410 Posts
terrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
US coronavirus death toll now reported at over 60,000. Only a few days ago Trump was claiming the final death toll would be 60,000 not just a gravestone on the way.

Meanwhile, A tight race is shaping up in Texas between former Vice President Joe Biden and President Trump, according to a new poll.
Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, has a slim 1-point lead over Trump in Texas, based on a poll from the left-leaning firm Public Policy Polling released Wednesday.

A Democrat hasn’t won a presidential election in Texas since former President Carter in 1976.
Wow! That is interesting Marton... Sadly, the rest of Biden's campaign is fraught with errors. He is clearly suffering from dementia/Alzheimers. I feel badly for him foremost and his family. This party could have chosen better... So sad on all levels!
Reply With Quote
  #22662  
Old 29.04.2020, 23:50
Pancakes's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich-ish
Posts: 3,306
Groaned at 130 Times in 87 Posts
Thanked 5,535 Times in 2,209 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Wow! That is interesting Marton... Sadly, the rest of Biden's campaign is fraught with errors. He is clearly suffering from dementia/Alzheimers. I feel badly for him foremost and his family. This party could have chosen better... So sad on all levels!
And how exactly it is it clear that he is "suffering from dementia/Alzheimers?"

He seems very coherent in every recent video that I've seen of him speaking.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post:
  #22663  
Old 29.04.2020, 23:52
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,140
Groaned at 383 Times in 332 Posts
Thanked 15,738 Times in 8,562 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

From the man himself today;
Quote:
"I think I’m going to Arizona next week, and we look forward to that," he told reporters during a roundtable with business leaders.

"And I'm going to, I hope, Ohio very soon," he continued. "And we’re going to start to move around, and hopefully in the not too distant future we’ll have some massive rallies and people will be sitting next to each other."

"I hope that we’re going to be able to do some good old fashioned 25,000 person rallies where everyone's going wild because they love our country," he said.
He really does not understand how serious the situation is.
Reply With Quote
  #22664  
Old 29.04.2020, 23:55
Full Circle's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 220
Groaned at 134 Times in 71 Posts
Thanked 582 Times in 276 Posts
Full Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Wow! That is interesting Marton... Sadly, the rest of Biden's campaign is fraught with errors. He is clearly suffering from dementia/Alzheimers. I feel badly for him foremost and his family. This party could have chosen better... So sad on all levels!
Maybe it's a power move by the Democrats to try and show how unpopular they believe Trump is.
Reply With Quote
  #22665  
Old 30.04.2020, 00:06
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 14,696
Groaned at 265 Times in 195 Posts
Thanked 17,021 Times in 8,809 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Maybe it's a power move by the Democrats to try and show how unpopular they believe Trump is.
Why they picked him is irrelevant for me. Why he'd agree is something I do not really get. He wouldn't volunteer to be a pawn in some reversed psychology game of Democrats.
Reply With Quote
  #22666  
Old 30.04.2020, 11:26
Full Circle's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 220
Groaned at 134 Times in 71 Posts
Thanked 582 Times in 276 Posts
Full Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Why they picked him is irrelevant for me. Why he'd agree is something I do not really get. He wouldn't volunteer to be a pawn in some reversed psychology game of Democrats.
Poor old Joe doesn't know what's going on, they just put him in front of the camera and allow him to waffle on and mumble his way through.

Apparently he fell asleep yesterday in the middle of an interview
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...clinton-town/?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Full Circle for this useful post:
  #22667  
Old 30.04.2020, 11:31
baboon's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rheintal
Posts: 3,692
Groaned at 136 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 6,240 Times in 2,929 Posts
baboon has a reputation beyond reputebaboon has a reputation beyond reputebaboon has a reputation beyond reputebaboon has a reputation beyond reputebaboon has a reputation beyond reputebaboon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
From the man himself today;


He really does not understand how serious the situation is.
Maybe we should encourage it. Would kill off a few of his voters before the election....
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank baboon for this useful post:
  #22668  
Old 30.04.2020, 11:35
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,580
Groaned at 278 Times in 207 Posts
Thanked 16,797 Times in 5,908 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Poor old Joe doesn't know what's going on, they just put him in front of the camera and allow him to waffle on and mumble his way through.

Apparently he fell asleep yesterday in the middle of an interview
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...clinton-town/?

Doesn't look like he is sleeping.
Doesn't look like he is very enthusiastic about it either.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #22669  
Old 30.04.2020, 11:44
Full Circle's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 220
Groaned at 134 Times in 71 Posts
Thanked 582 Times in 276 Posts
Full Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Doesn't look like he is sleeping.
Doesn't look like he is very enthusiastic about it either.
He closed his eyes when Hillary started droning on about women being 80% of all health care workers. Clearly not interested!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Full Circle for this useful post:
  #22670  
Old 30.04.2020, 12:02
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,140
Groaned at 383 Times in 332 Posts
Thanked 15,738 Times in 8,562 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Poor old Joe doesn't know what's going on, they just put him in front of the camera and allow him to waffle on and mumble his way through.

Apparently he fell asleep yesterday in the middle of an interview
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...clinton-town/?
It just demonstrates how far Trump has fallen when Biden is leading him in national polls about the next presidential election.
People are tired of a President who constantly fizzes off like a champagne bottle in multiple directions but see there is nothing left after the foam subsides.
Reply With Quote
  #22671  
Old 30.04.2020, 13:16
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 9,027
Groaned at 308 Times in 251 Posts
Thanked 12,739 Times in 6,661 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Wow! That is interesting Marton... Sadly, the rest of Biden's campaign is fraught with errors. He is clearly suffering from dementia/Alzheimers. I feel badly for him foremost and his family. This party could have chosen better... So sad on all levels!
Who do you think it could have been a better candidate, terri?
Please be realistic so anyone else apart from
- Berni Sanders (too Jewish for America? I love him because of that, but but...)
- AOC.....uhm, another Ivanka under a different guise....I might be wrong on this one? I doubt...
- Elisabeth Warren - I won't comment on her as I know very little, but already detest the fact that she pretended she's minority

Any other potential candidate from Dems who could win America's hearts? We're obviously talking about emotions here.
Reply With Quote
  #22672  
Old 30.04.2020, 14:28
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
It just demonstrates how far Trump has fallen when Biden is leading him in national polls about the next presidential election.
People are tired of a President who constantly fizzes off like a champagne bottle in multiple directions but see there is nothing left after the foam subsides.
Its worth remembering that the Democrats probably need to win the popular vote by 3 or even 4 points to win the election given that their unfavourable vote distribution.

Hilary beat Trump by 2 points. Gore beat Bush by 0.5 points. So the Republicans have only won the popular vote in the last 30 years.

My prediction is that Trump wins all 2016 states except Arizona but takes Minnesota.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #22673  
Old 30.04.2020, 14:29
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Who do you think it could have been a better candidate, terri?
Please be realistic so anyone else apart from
- Berni Sanders (too Jewish for America? I love him because of that, but but...)
- AOC.....uhm, another Ivanka under a different guise....I might be wrong on this one? I doubt...
- Elisabeth Warren - I won't comment on her as I know very little, but already detest the fact that she pretended she's minority

Any other potential candidate from Dems who could win America's hearts? We're obviously talking about emotions here.
I think Bloomberg would have been good. But he was never going to win the primary with his very centrist views.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #22674  
Old 30.04.2020, 14:30
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 14,696
Groaned at 265 Times in 195 Posts
Thanked 17,021 Times in 8,809 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
He closed his eyes when Hillary started droning on about women being 80% of all health care workers. Clearly not interested!
Would you like him to react differently?
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #22675  
Old 30.04.2020, 14:36
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,859
Groaned at 180 Times in 140 Posts
Thanked 6,084 Times in 3,343 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

https://www.facebook.com/Meanwhilein...o&__tn__=EHH-R
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank cannut for this useful post:
  #22676  
Old 30.04.2020, 14:37
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 14,696
Groaned at 265 Times in 195 Posts
Thanked 17,021 Times in 8,809 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I think Bloomberg would have been good. But he was never going to win the primary with his very centrist views.
Not in the US. Elsewhere he would. It seems that US voters want anything else but bland.
Reply With Quote
  #22677  
Old 30.04.2020, 14:46
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Zurich
Posts: 510
Groaned at 47 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 965 Times in 410 Posts
terrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Who do you think it could have been a better candidate, terri?
Please be realistic so anyone else apart from
- Berni Sanders (too Jewish for America? I love him because of that, but but...)
- AOC.....uhm, another Ivanka under a different guise....I might be wrong on this one? I doubt...
- Elisabeth Warren - I won't comment on her as I know very little, but already detest the fact that she pretended she's minority

Any other potential candidate from Dems who could win America's hearts? We're obviously talking about emotions here.
I actually like Tulsi Gabbard and thought that Andrew Yang would have been interesting (although he is not the most inspirational public speaker). For some reason, Gabbard, was not the party elite's favorite (good ole Hilary insinuated that the "Russians" were backing Gabbard!)

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/18/u...on-russia.html

Maybe, both were too conservative for the Party? They certainly were not given much coverage by the media.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank terrifisch for this useful post:
  #22678  
Old 30.04.2020, 14:52
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,583
Groaned at 222 Times in 187 Posts
Thanked 21,985 Times in 9,342 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Who do you think it could have been a better candidate, terri?
Please be realistic so anyone else apart from
- Berni Sanders (too Jewish for America? I love him because of that, but but...)
- AOC.....uhm, another Ivanka under a different guise....I might be wrong on this one? I doubt...
- Elisabeth Warren - I won't comment on her as I know very little, but already detest the fact that she pretended she's minority

Any other potential candidate from Dems who could win America's hearts? We're obviously talking about emotions here.
Candidates don't fall from the sky.

The fact that somebody is even anywhere close to be considered a candidate, the fact that they managed to work their way up the party ladder, shows that what they say and do resonates within the party. There is a lot of talent spotting going at the grassroots level and promising candidates get pushed forward.

The fact that the Democratic party as a whole failed to spot and forward a good candidate reflects a deeper problem / blindness within the party as a whole.

The Republican party was in exactly the same mess at this time 4 years ago which is what Trump used to his advantage.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #22679  
Old 30.04.2020, 14:59
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,140
Groaned at 383 Times in 332 Posts
Thanked 15,738 Times in 8,562 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Candidates don't fall from the sky.

The fact that somebody is even anywhere close to be considered a candidate, the fact that they managed to work their way up the party ladder, shows that what they say and do resonates within the party. There is a lot of talent spotting going at the grassroots level and promising candidates get pushed forward.

The fact that the Democratic party as a whole failed to spot and forward a good candidate reflects a deeper problem / blindness within the party as a whole.

The Republican party was in exactly the same mess at this time 4 years ago which is what Trump used to his advantage.
Good summary
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #22680  
Old 30.04.2020, 15:11
Full Circle's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 220
Groaned at 134 Times in 71 Posts
Thanked 582 Times in 276 Posts
Full Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond reputeFull Circle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Candidates don't fall from the sky.

The fact that somebody is even anywhere close to be considered a candidate, the fact that they managed to work their way up the party ladder, shows that what they say and do resonates within the party. There is a lot of talent spotting going at the grassroots level and promising candidates get pushed forward.

The fact that the Democratic party as a whole failed to spot and forward a good candidate reflects a deeper problem / blindness within the party as a whole.

The Republican party was in exactly the same mess at this time 4 years ago which is what Trump used to his advantage.
It just demonstrates how far the Democrats have fallen when they're struggling to find a candidate who is able to take on Donald 'the pussy grabber' Trump.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Full Circle for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Hillary Clinton run for president again? PanFastic International affairs/politics 159 09.10.2018 02:31
Poll: Will Trump win the 2020 elections? k_and_e International affairs/politics 14 05.06.2018 22:06
A generic "will my salary be good enough" post Larsh Employment 51 12.12.2017 12:51
Will Trump be the next US President? Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 2618 14.11.2016 11:16
Shall I inform my employer that I will be self employed or be a owner of a company? Broth76 Business & entrepreneur 6 09.07.2012 16:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0