Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
View Poll Results: Will Trump be a good President?
Yes 93 26.50%
No 258 73.50%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #581  
Old 14.11.2016, 15:38
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Before it gets too hot and heavy in here, can I offer a little light relief

Attachment 120029
There's similar one where he wants to plant a prayer mat and a fake Kenyan passport in Obama's bedroom when he moves out.
The following 5 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #582  
Old 14.11.2016, 15:49
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
There's similar one where he wants to plant a prayer mat and a fake Kenyan passport in Obama's bedroom when he moves out.
Go over to Repertoire of terrible jokes thread. I have just posted it
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #583  
Old 14.11.2016, 16:50
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,263
Groaned at 129 Times in 113 Posts
Thanked 11,415 Times in 4,982 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
that is ironic yes, but not impossible. also note that he is not part of the (political) establishment that i was talking about.
No, but he's been on the fringes of the political spectrum long enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...campaign,_2000


Quote:
View Post
i made some edits to flip the entire thing around...

maybe not look at history as if it is a prophecy. if you want to see parallels you will. at some point it becomes superstition.
Agreed, it is easy to spin / flip, and I'm not one for believing in prophecies. If I were, I'd have staked my house on a Leicester City / Brexit / Trump treble

What I can't eradicate, however, is the 'Lest we forget' aspect. I'm not comfortable with being myopic, particularly with Trump's administration looking to be pretty freeform and not necessarily down Republican party lines. A few of his appointments are proving that may be the case.

We can go bravely forward and take things as they come, or we can learn valid lessons and use them in an analytical manner. Hillary is out of the picture. End of! Never was a fan of hers anyway, but I believe Trump will severely test the resolve of even the most ardent Republican. I'm watching for red flags coming from the Republicans more than anyone else, particularly if a Republican Congress block him on anything.
  #584  
Old 14.11.2016, 16:58
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,263
Groaned at 129 Times in 113 Posts
Thanked 11,415 Times in 4,982 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Whereas in an impetuous mood you have rather naively swallowed the whole Trump apologue.
Not enough to vote for him though

Phos sounds like all those corporate videos we all have to sit through, repeating the same drivel about results and performance that are put together by backroom people with little grasp of frontline reality.

Politics isn't all business! Business doesn't have the capability to send millions to die for it! When Phos grasps that...
The following 3 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #585  
Old 14.11.2016, 16:59
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,361
Groaned at 340 Times in 276 Posts
Thanked 26,264 Times in 11,001 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post

Politics isn't all business! Business doesn't have the capability to send millions to die for it! .
Ever heard of the East India Conpany?
This user would like to thank amogles for this useful post:
  #586  
Old 14.11.2016, 17:01
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,536
Groaned at 424 Times in 327 Posts
Thanked 17,601 Times in 9,860 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Way to go people!

"Donations to US abortion provider Planned Parenthood in the name of Vice President-elect Mike Pence have surged.

Donald Trump's running mate, who has been a long-time opponent of Planned Parenthood, will be sent a gift certificate for every donation made."

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37972928

I'd love to see his face when all those certificates arrive in his mailbox.
The following 8 users would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #587  
Old 14.11.2016, 17:04
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Politics isn't all business! Business doesn't have the capability to send millions to die for it! When Phos grasps that...
Speaking of dying for war, the democrats would like to cultivate a poor population that is dependent on its government. Those are the ones that are more willingly go to war. If you have a population that is not dependent on its government, there is less appetite to go to war for it.

See if you can grasp that.
  #588  
Old 14.11.2016, 17:06
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Not enough to vote for him though

Phos sounds like all those corporate videos we all have to sit through, repeating the same drivel about results and performance that are put together by backroom people with little grasp of frontline reality.

Politics isn't all business! Business doesn't have the capability to send millions to die for it! When Phos grasps that...
Maybe he is Shane Dardon, and lied about his location then

https://youtu.be/FeBHr5TJ6K4
  #589  
Old 14.11.2016, 17:06
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Way to go people!

"Donations to US abortion provider Planned Parenthood in the name of Vice President-elect Mike Pence have surged.

Donald Trump's running mate, who has been a long-time opponent of Planned Parenthood, will be sent a gift certificate for every donation made."

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37972928

I'd love to see his face when all those certificates arrive in his mailbox.
Just to be clear, he's not getting a gift himself, but rather a notification of the gift in his name (sorry to be a pedant, but I had to double check that one myself).
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #590  
Old 14.11.2016, 17:09
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Speaking of dying for war, the democrats would like to cultivate a poor population that is dependent on its government. Those are the ones that are more willingly go to war. If you have a population that is not dependent on its government, there is less appetite to go to war for it.

See if you can grasp that.
I think the difficult thing to grasp is how you can chuck about so much unsubstantiated and outlandish claptrap and expect people to accept it unquestioningly. Are you in a government position because you'd fit right in.

You are the first one to crow when someone posts something which doesn't fit with your view.
The following 5 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #591  
Old 14.11.2016, 17:18
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
I think the difficult thing to grasp is how you can chuck about so much unsubstantiated and outlandish claptrap and expect people to accept it unquestioningly. Are you in a government position because you'd fit right in.

You are the first one to crow when someone posts something which doesn't fit with your view.

Ha, and the ridiculous posts you make are substantiated?

I don't think you folks have a really good grasp of US history. These wars were entered into by democratic administrations: World War I, II, Korea and Vietnam
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #592  
Old 14.11.2016, 17:25
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 4,263
Groaned at 129 Times in 113 Posts
Thanked 11,415 Times in 4,982 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I don't think you folks have a really good grasp of US history. These wars were entered into by democratic administrations: World War I, II, Korea and Vietnam
So you'd have ignored the sinking of the Lusitania and shrugged off Pearl Harbour?
  #593  
Old 14.11.2016, 17:26
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Ha, and the ridiculous posts you make are substantiated?

I don't think you folks have a really good grasp of US history. These wars were entered into by democratic administrations: World War I, II, Korea and Vietnam
The difference is that I don't make any outlandish claims then beat everyone else around the head with them.
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #594  
Old 14.11.2016, 17:42
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
The difference is that I don't make any outlandish claims then beat everyone else around the head with them.
It only beats you over the head because your polemics are weak.
  #595  
Old 14.11.2016, 17:44
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Just watched a snippet of the 60 minutes interview from last night - with the President Elect. Everything will be great.

After the piece was over, there was an ad for the sponsor of the segment.

Viagra.

The following 7 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #596  
Old 14.11.2016, 18:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 11,145
Groaned at 357 Times in 292 Posts
Thanked 16,467 Times in 8,373 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Just watched a snippet of the 60 minutes interview from last night - with the President Erect. Everything will be great.

After the piece was over, there was an ad for the sponsor of the segment.

Viagra.

Ftfy
The following 5 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post:
  #597  
Old 14.11.2016, 18:11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I only beat people over the head because my polemics are weak.
That's better...
  #598  
Old 14.11.2016, 18:23
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA, former Zurich
Posts: 2,041
Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,660 Posts
BokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

What do you all think about the appointment of Mr. Priebus as Chief of Staff and Mr. Bannon as Strategist/Senior Advisor?

They look like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde to me...
  #599  
Old 14.11.2016, 18:28
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
What do you all think about the appointment of Mr. Priebus as Chief of Staff and Mr. Bannon as Strategist/Senior Advisor?

They look like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde to me...
Priebus is very establishment Republicana - I think he can make Trump work with the party.


I see Bannon as spawn of the devil. Vindictive. I find Brietbart as a resource abhorrent.

Here's the 60 minutes interview if you're interested

http://digg.com/2016/donald-trump-60-minutes-interview
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #600  
Old 14.11.2016, 18:41
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
I don't think you folks have a really good grasp of US history. These wars were entered into by democratic administrations: World War I, II, Korea and Vietnam
Afghanistan?
Iraq?
Pakistan?

I don't think you have a really good grasp of recent US history.
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Hillary Clinton run for president again? PanFastic International affairs/politics 162 06.11.2020 12:15
Poll: Will Trump win the 2020 elections? k_and_e International affairs/politics 14 05.06.2018 23:06
A generic "will my salary be good enough" post Larsh Employment 51 12.12.2017 13:51
Will Trump be the next US President? Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 2618 14.11.2016 12:16
Shall I inform my employer that I will be self employed or be a owner of a company? Broth76 Business & entrepreneur 6 09.07.2012 17:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0