Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics
View Poll Results: Will Trump be a good President?
Yes 71 27.41%
No 188 72.59%
Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8321  
Old 06.08.2017, 22:28
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 7,935
Groaned at 109 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 8,353 Times in 4,484 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Once you get past the headline and read the article, all the way at the bottom in the last paragraph, it states that the Pentagon does not believe that Trump will personally profit from the agreement.

I'm not saying you don't have a point but this article you've posted seems like a nothing burger.
The pentagon does not believe .... LOL. Where I come from the governement and it's departements do not rely on believes before spending money.

How ever, <<The federal government also had to pay an additional $23 million to protect First Lady Melania Trump when she and son Barron were still residing in Trump Tower. >>. I would also vote for Trump financing that himself, if I were American.
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #8322  
Old 06.08.2017, 22:57
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 258
Groaned at 142 Times in 100 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
How ever, <<The federal government also had to pay an additional $23 million to protect First Lady Melania Trump when she and son Barron were still residing in Trump Tower. >>. I would also vote for Trump financing that himself, if I were American.
Ok fair play, I agree.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank kriss kross for this useful post:
  #8323  
Old 06.08.2017, 23:14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 41
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 63 Times in 44 Posts
TwentyEightTripsLater has made some interesting contributions
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

"I remember Watergate. The mood of the country today is far more divided, far angrier, and far more dangerous."


This is very true, certain parts of the nation are powder kegs right now. I think it's being contrived on purpose.
Reply With Quote
  #8324  
Old 06.08.2017, 23:24
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 7,935
Groaned at 109 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 8,353 Times in 4,484 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
"I remember Watergate. The mood of the country today is far more divided, far angrier, and far more dangerous."


This is very true, certain parts of the nation are powder kegs right now. I think it's being contrived on purpose.
Didn't take you long to find the thread on subjects you don't want to talk about
Reply With Quote
  #8325  
Old 07.08.2017, 09:16
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,004
Groaned at 300 Times in 259 Posts
Thanked 12,728 Times in 7,005 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Well Trump has now been in office 200 days; are we tired of winning yet?

So far the only win claimed is the appointment of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.

Although with both a Republican President and a majority in Congress then why this was claimed as a "win" and not "business as usual" I do not understand except as admitting the GOP party is a shambles with too many diverse and competing factions.

Edit - In the January 2017 GOP Conference Trump presented his 200 day agenda to prioritize;
  • healthcare legislation,
  • tax reform
  • to pass his infrastructure plan as well.

Source
__________________
It is naive to assume my posts are my own work
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #8326  
Old 07.08.2017, 12:42
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 258
Groaned at 142 Times in 100 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Well Trump has now been in office 200 days; are we tired of winning yet?

So far the only win claimed is the appointment of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.
Draining the swamp was never going to be an easy task!

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The Fake News refuses to report the success of the first 6 months: S.C., surging economy & jobs,border & military security,ISIS & MS-13 etc.
Reply With Quote
  #8327  
Old 07.08.2017, 15:24
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,004
Groaned at 300 Times in 259 Posts
Thanked 12,728 Times in 7,005 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Draining the swamp was never going to be an easy task!

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The Fake News refuses to report the success of the first 6 months: S.C., surging economy & jobs,border & military security,ISIS & MS-13 etc.
Usually politicians who claim the improving economy is their success when they did nothing to cause that improvement tend to look rather stupid later when the economy crashes down again.

Rather early to claim success against ISIS and MS-13, ISIS still control substantial territory in Syria and Iraq, and are regrouping in Libya and Afghanistan whilst being active in other countries.
MS-13: Trump makes the gang stronger, source.

As for the border, the number of illegal immigrants is now rising because it is clear there is not much that is real behind Trump's rhetoric. Numbers of deportations have fallen since Obama's time and the published increase in Border Patrol manpower is not happening!
__________________
It is naive to assume my posts are my own work
Reply With Quote
  #8328  
Old 07.08.2017, 16:48
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,004
Groaned at 300 Times in 259 Posts
Thanked 12,728 Times in 7,005 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Draining the swamp was never going to be an easy task!

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The Fake News refuses to report the success of the first 6 months: S.C., surging economy & jobs,border & military security,ISIS & MS-13 etc.
Well his problem is that Trump is not even trying to drain the swamp.

As of August 4, when the Senate left town for its August recess, Trump has nominated 277 people for key posts, has had 124 confirmed, and has withdrawn eight of the nominations.

At the same point in their Presidency;

Obama had 433 nominations and 310 confirmations
George W. Bush had nominated 414 and had 294 confirmed
Bill Cilnton had 345 nominations and 252 confirmed.

Source

The Partnership for Public Service has identified 577 executive branch positions as being particularly essential -- and Trump has only successfully filled about a fifth of them.
__________________
It is naive to assume my posts are my own work
Reply With Quote
  #8329  
Old 07.08.2017, 17:00
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kt Zrh
Posts: 5,551
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 8,263 Times in 3,560 Posts
edot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Something I saw on facebook.

MAGA - morons are governing America

Maybe........
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank edot for this useful post:
  #8330  
Old 07.08.2017, 17:45
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 7,935
Groaned at 109 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 8,353 Times in 4,484 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Well Trump has now been in office 200 days; are we tired of winning yet?
Only 200 days and we're on 8325 posts already?
Reply With Quote
  #8331  
Old 07.08.2017, 18:13
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 258
Groaned at 142 Times in 100 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Usually politicians who claim the improving economy is their success when they did nothing to cause that improvement tend to look rather stupid later when the economy crashes down again.

Rather early to claim success against ISIS and MS-13, ISIS still control substantial territory in Syria and Iraq, and are regrouping in Libya and Afghanistan whilst being active in other countries.
MS-13: Trump makes the gang stronger, source.

As for the border, the number of illegal immigrants is now rising because it is clear there is not much that is real behind Trump's rhetoric. Numbers of deportations have fallen since Obama's time and the published increase in Border Patrol manpower is not happening!
Still quoting CNN. What a sweet kid

Illegal immigration is down and ISIS losses have 'dramatically accelerated' under Trump!

Last edited by kriss kross; 07.08.2017 at 18:51.
Reply With Quote
  #8332  
Old 07.08.2017, 19:41
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kt Zrh
Posts: 5,551
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 8,263 Times in 3,560 Posts
edot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Still quoting CNN. What a sweet kid

Illegal immigration is down and ISIS losses have 'dramatically accelerated' under Trump!
Indeed. However, correlation is not causation.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank edot for this useful post:
  #8333  
Old 07.08.2017, 20:12
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,004
Groaned at 300 Times in 259 Posts
Thanked 12,728 Times in 7,005 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Still quoting CNN. What a sweet kid

Illegal immigration is down and ISIS losses have 'dramatically accelerated' under Trump!
Whereas you are unable to quote any source for your two items of fake news
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #8334  
Old 08.08.2017, 00:35
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 258
Groaned at 142 Times in 100 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Whereas you are unable to quote any source for your two items of fake news
Under Trump, gains against ISIS have 'dramatically accelerated'

Nearly a third of territory reclaimed from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria since 2014 has been won in the past six months, due to new policies adopted by the Trump administration, a senior State Department official said Friday.

Border patrol union chief praises 'miraculous' drop in illegal immigration under Trump

"At six months, where we are on meeting those promises, we are seeing nothing short of miraculous. If you look at the rhetoric that President Trump has given, it has caused a number of illegal border crossings to go down.
We have never seen such a drop that we currently have."


Quote:
View Post
Indeed. However, correlation is not causation.
Yeah, it's probably just a coincidence that at the same time Trump has implemented changes to cut illegal immigration that illegal immigration is going down.
Reply With Quote
  #8335  
Old 08.08.2017, 00:47
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 2,677
Groaned at 68 Times in 64 Posts
Thanked 6,194 Times in 2,892 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, it's probably just a coincidence that at the same time Trump has implemented changes to cut illegal immigration that illegal immigration is going down.
Only because the immigrants aren't that stupid, and they're not the only ones...

Quote:
As tourists continue to steer clear of Donald Trump’s America, the US travel industry is bearing the brunt of his unpopular policies.

The ‘Trump slump’, as it has become known, is alive and well. Since President Trump took office, the numbers show, tourists just aren’t as keen on visiting the United States.
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a7666461.html
Reply With Quote
  #8336  
Old 08.08.2017, 00:54
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: -
Posts: 258
Groaned at 142 Times in 100 Posts
Thanked 2,085 Times in 996 Posts
kriss kross has earned some respectkriss kross has earned some respect
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Only because the immigrants aren't that stupid, and they're not the only ones...
Glad you agree that illegal immigration is going down under Trump

That was a article from March.
Here's the update from July:

So much for the ‘Trump slump’ — visitors to the U.S. are up in 2017

No 'Trump slump' in US tourism and expert believes there could be a 'Trump bump'

Asked if there's a "Trump slump" in travel to the 12 Southern states marketed by Travel South USA, CEO Liz Bittner said: "The truth of the matter is no. I think it was a lot of media hype."

Fake news!
Reply With Quote
  #8337  
Old 08.08.2017, 09:23
StirB's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 2,697
Groaned at 91 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 4,229 Times in 1,822 Posts
StirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond reputeStirB has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Glad you agree that illegal immigration is going down under Trump



That was a article from March.
Here's the update from July:

So much for the ‘Trump slump’ — visitors to the U.S. are up in 2017

No 'Trump slump' in US tourism and expert believes there could be a 'Trump bump'

Asked if there's a "Trump slump" in travel to the 12 Southern states marketed by Travel South USA, CEO Liz Bittner said: "The truth of the matter is no. I think it was a lot of media hype."

Fake news!
Weak dollar. Next.
Reply With Quote
  #8338  
Old 08.08.2017, 17:16
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,004
Groaned at 300 Times in 259 Posts
Thanked 12,728 Times in 7,005 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
Donald J. Trump Retweeted FOX & friends‏@foxandfriends 5 hours ago

U.S. spy satellites detect North Korea moving anti-ship cruise missiles to patrol boat
Seems Trump has retweeted a leak of classified info
Maybe Jeff Sessions will crack down on him!

Source
Reply With Quote
  #8339  
Old 08.08.2017, 17:38
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 9,004
Groaned at 300 Times in 259 Posts
Thanked 12,728 Times in 7,005 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Under Trump, gains against ISIS have 'dramatically accelerated'

Nearly a third of territory reclaimed from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria since 2014 has been won in the past six months, due to new policies adopted by the Trump administration, a senior State Department official said Friday.

Border patrol union chief praises 'miraculous' drop in illegal immigration under Trump

"At six months, where we are on meeting those promises, we are seeing nothing short of miraculous. If you look at the rhetoric that President Trump has given, it has caused a number of illegal border crossings to go down.
We have never seen such a drop that we currently have."


Yeah, it's probably just a coincidence that at the same time Trump has implemented changes to cut illegal immigration that illegal immigration is going down.
Sweet of you to quote the fake news Washington Post

Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏@realDonaldTrump

It's hard to read the Failing New York Times or the Amazon Washington Post because every story/opinion, even if should be positive, is bad!
4:57 PM - 23 Jul 2017
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #8340  
Old 08.08.2017, 18:47
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kt Zrh
Posts: 5,551
Groaned at 31 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 8,263 Times in 3,560 Posts
edot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Here's an imagined redecoration of the oval office.

http://www.ifitshipitshere.com/wp-co...-l-sweet-2.jpg
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank edot for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Hillary Clinton run for president again? PanFastic International affairs/politics 159 09.10.2018 02:31
Poll: Will Trump win the 2020 elections? k_and_e International affairs/politics 14 05.06.2018 22:06
A generic "will my salary be good enough" post Larsh Employment 51 12.12.2017 12:51
Will Trump be the next US President? Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 2618 14.11.2016 11:16
Shall I inform my employer that I will be self employed or be a owner of a company? Broth76 Business & entrepreneur 6 09.07.2012 16:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0