Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > International affairs/politics  
View Poll Results: Will Trump be a good President?
Yes 93 26.50%
No 258 73.50%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #10541  
Old 25.12.2017, 12:12
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,971
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Trump behind glass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7s3vY_V18Q
  #10542  
Old 25.12.2017, 14:05
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 13,135
Groaned at 218 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,264 Times in 7,847 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Don't like the tree. Is there even a tree underneath?
Fake, all fake!
  #10543  
Old 25.12.2017, 16:50
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,971
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

But why behind glass ? Someone could have easily shot him when he came out from behind the glass. And what's that go to do with the spirit of Xmas
  #10544  
Old 25.12.2017, 17:12
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,094
Groaned at 510 Times in 433 Posts
Thanked 19,985 Times in 10,539 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
But why behind glass ? Someone could have easily shot him when he came out from behind the glass. And what's that go to do with the spirit of Xmas
It is a special bulletproof glass, it is more difficult to shoot a moving target
  #10545  
Old 25.12.2017, 17:15
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CH
Posts: 10,971
Groaned at 2,032 Times in 1,120 Posts
Thanked 5,139 Times in 3,246 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

He moves like wounded elephant anyhow
This user would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #10546  
Old 26.12.2017, 13:33
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Apparently, the US gained more after 1 year of a Trump presidency than 4 years of Obama.

Looking forward to another year of Presidential trolling.
  #10547  
Old 26.12.2017, 14:07
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Apparently, the US gained more after 1 year of a Trump presidency than 4 years of Obama.

Looking forward to another year of Presidential trolling.
I’m asking this as out of genuine curiosity. Gained what? What is the measure?
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #10548  
Old 26.12.2017, 15:48
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
I’m asking this as out of genuine curiosity. Gained what? What is the measure?
It's not quantifiable, and there is no scientific or mathematical basis for it, but it is nonetheless a fact.
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #10549  
Old 26.12.2017, 16:02
JagWaugh's Avatar
RIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 7,249
Groaned at 46 Times in 45 Posts
Thanked 14,131 Times in 5,506 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
It's not quantifiable, and there is no scientific or mathematical basis for it, but it is nonetheless a fact.
So... by a similar logic... the claims of Trump's collusion with the Russians are also true, even if there is no evidence?
The following 4 users would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #10550  
Old 26.12.2017, 16:10
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,094
Groaned at 510 Times in 433 Posts
Thanked 19,985 Times in 10,539 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
It's not quantifiable, and there is no scientific or mathematical basis for it, but it is nonetheless a fact.
The answer = games of golf
  #10551  
Old 26.12.2017, 16:18
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
I’m asking this as out of genuine curiosity. Gained what? What is the measure?
He's had nearly 90 accomplishments in terms of economy, regulations and judiciary. GDP growth is about 3.5%, and some of the lowest level of unemployment in about two decades. Housing is booming, economic optimism is up, income is higher, military and law enforcement moral is up. With about 11 Obama legacy effects undone, while the consequences of Trump's legacy will carry on for a couple of decades. All in less than a year's work.
  #10552  
Old 26.12.2017, 16:36
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,094
Groaned at 510 Times in 433 Posts
Thanked 19,985 Times in 10,539 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
He's had nearly 90 accomplishments in terms of economy, regulations and judiciary. GDP growth is about 3.5%, and some of the lowest level of unemployment in about two decades. Housing is booming, economic optimism is up, income is higher, military and law enforcement moral is up. With about 11 Obama legacy effects undone, while the consequences of Trump's legacy will carry on for a couple of decades. All in less than a year's work.
"about 11 Obama legacy effects undone, while the consequences of Trump's legacy will carry on for a couple of decades." No doubt the next President will undo Trump's legacy just as quickly
The following 2 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #10553  
Old 26.12.2017, 16:45
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
"about 11 Obama legacy effects undone, while the consequences of Trump's legacy will carry on for a couple of decades." No doubt the next President will undo Trump's legacy just as quickly
Very unlikely as Obama's legacies are mostly through executive orders that can be rescinded with a memo. Court appoints and legislation is not easily undone. So you'll find most of Obama's legacies quickly undone, while Trump's legacies endure 20 or more years.

Obama is a footnote, while Trump is a significant turning point.
  #10554  
Old 26.12.2017, 18:39
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,094
Groaned at 510 Times in 433 Posts
Thanked 19,985 Times in 10,539 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Very unlikely as Obama's legacies are mostly through executive orders that can be rescinded with a memo. Court appoints and legislation is not easily undone. So you'll find most of Obama's legacies quickly undone, while Trump's legacies endure 20 or more years.

Obama is a footnote, while Trump is a significant turning point.
Really?
Obama signed an average of 35 EOs per year while Trump has already signed 55.

Legislation?
Trump has signed fewer laws in his first year than any other of the recent 10 Presidents; 95 laws versus 118 for Obama.
The following 2 users would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #10555  
Old 26.12.2017, 20:06
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,094
Groaned at 510 Times in 433 Posts
Thanked 19,985 Times in 10,539 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

You know the song Worried Man Blues - Woody Guthrie?
"It takes a worried man to sing a worried song "

Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏@realDonaldTrump

WOW, @foxandfrlends “Dossier is bogus. Clinton Campaign, DNC funded Dossier.
FBI CANNOT (after all of this time) VERIFY CLAIMS IN DOSSIER OF RUSSIA/TRUMP COLLUSION. FBI TAINTED.”
And they used this Crooked Hillary pile of garbage as the basis for going after the Trump Campaign!
Hope these thoughts did not hinder his golf swing! 97th game this year.
  #10556  
Old 27.12.2017, 16:21
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,094
Groaned at 510 Times in 433 Posts
Thanked 19,985 Times in 10,539 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Former President Obama is America’s “most admired man” for the 10th consecutive year, according to new survey data from Gallup.
Hillary Clinton was named the most admired woman for the 16th year in a row, with 9 percent of mentions.

Source

Trump came second (in the male category)

Meanwhile former White House ethics lawyer Richard Painter about Trump tweets attacking FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, called the messages Trump sent over the weekend "stupid." He said that Trump's tweets indicate a "pattern" of obstructing law enforcement.
A Former Watergate prosecutor, Jill Wine-Banks, also said Tuesday that President Trump's new attacks on the FBI could amount to obstruction of justice.
__________________
It is naive to assume my posts are my own work
  #10557  
Old 27.12.2017, 16:27
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 13,135
Groaned at 218 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,264 Times in 7,847 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
.....

Trump came second (in the male category)

......
Thanks for clarifying that
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #10558  
Old 27.12.2017, 16:30
parnell's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Geroldswil
Posts: 642
Groaned at 219 Times in 140 Posts
Thanked 2,165 Times in 1,024 Posts
parnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond reputeparnell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Really?
Obama signed an average of 35 EOs per year while Trump has already signed 55.

Legislation?
Trump has signed fewer laws in his first year than any other of the recent 10 Presidents; 95 laws versus 118 for Obama.
Here you are: Time magazine referred to Obama as the most secretive president ever so much for his transparency.

Maybe he uses your tactic of when asking for evidence he suggests to "look it up on google".
This user would like to thank parnell for this useful post:
  #10559  
Old 27.12.2017, 16:58
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
Former President Obama is America’s “most admired man” for the 10th consecutive year, according to new survey data from Gallup.
Hillary Clinton was named the most admired woman for the 16th year in a row, with 9 percent of mentions.

Source

Trump came second (in the male category)

Meanwhile former White House ethics lawyer Richard Painter about Trump tweets attacking FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, called the messages Trump sent over the weekend "stupid." He said that Trump's tweets indicate a "pattern" of obstructing law enforcement.
A Former Watergate prosecutor, Jill Wine-Banks, also said Tuesday that President Trump's new attacks on the FBI could amount to obstruction of justice.
Eh, that is a meaningless poll. Anyways, Obama and Hillary are long gone and ain't coming back. Because he FBI reports to Trump, the obstruction allegations also couldn't really hold water. Its just added to try to make Fake News seem more interesting. A sitting president can't be charged with a crime, he can only be impeached by Congress.

Oh, and Trump is said to be getting a Jerusalem train station to his name:
http://time.com/5080221/western-wall...-trump-israel/

What did Hillary or Obama get?
  #10560  
Old 27.12.2017, 17:18
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 13,135
Groaned at 218 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,264 Times in 7,847 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Trump be a Good President?

Quote:
View Post
.....
Oh, and Trump is said to be getting a Jerusalem train station to his name:
http://time.com/5080221/western-wall...-trump-israel/.......



all the treasures buildings will collapse and at the end of that path of destruction is the Trump-station! Perfect!
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Hillary Clinton run for president again? PanFastic International affairs/politics 162 06.11.2020 11:15
Poll: Will Trump win the 2020 elections? k_and_e International affairs/politics 14 05.06.2018 22:06
A generic "will my salary be good enough" post Larsh Employment 51 12.12.2017 12:51
Will Trump be the next US President? Phil_MCR International affairs/politics 2618 14.11.2016 11:16
Shall I inform my employer that I will be self employed or be a owner of a company? Broth76 Business & entrepreneur 6 09.07.2012 16:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0